Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever converted anyone to the herd?

Pumpkinbot

I converted one of my friends. It wasn't that hard, he's a pretty open minded guy. I pretty much just said 'Ponies are awesome' and he said 'I'll check it out'.

Pretty sure I've got another one on the hook. He used to be a massive hater but I've managed to find some stuff in the fandom he admits to liking. I introduced him to a few of my brony friends on xbox live. He also seems to identify with Trixie, I've shown him some clips of her and I think he's considering watching the whole episode.

Resistance is futile. All shall be assimilated.

I guess you could count my 7 year old brother. He has seen a couple of FiM YTPs and found them hilarious, so I asked him "Do you want to see the show behind it?" and he said yes. So I showed him a couple of episodes, and he said that he liked the show. I knew he was telling the truth, 'cause he was laughing at a good amount of stuff on some of the episodes. Still kinda uncomfortable to let him see me watching the show though, just because it's akward to see I guy half your age seeing you watch ponies.

i "converted" my best friend (we are in the process of watching all the episodes currently at show stoppers) i have another two who i got to watch the first episode (one of them then went on to watch family appreciation day) another two where im not forcing it and this ones my favorit after an all nighter with all my friends i made everyone watch the end of luna eclipsed (part of the valentines day mare-a-thon) and that is when i managed to convince a die hard hater that the show wast all that bad

I converted a few friends into it back in highschool, and I also managed to convert my (current) roommate. My apartment is now all ponies because of it, heh.

*JEALOUS*

I'm going to college next year. Almost 2,000 miles away, if I'm not open brony before then, I gotta be open brony then.

I know I'm gonna get soooo much crap from my older brother because of it. He thought he was saving my social life by going and getting me some jeans so I'd stop wearing cargo pants, because somehow wearing cargo pants meant I was antisocial or something :huh:

I mean, if cargo pants are too weird for him, how is he gonna take My Little Pony?

Ohwell, our little dorm/cell thing has 6 people and a kitchen. It'll be so epic if even one of those can convert. I would die if all 6 did, and either way, everyone's getting assigned the pony of the mane 6 they're most like, compared to the others :P

Most nerdy gets Twilight, most athletic gets RD, etc. I gotta put a lot of thought into the others...

I was alone in liking the show for quite some time until I finally decided that enough was enough and showed mlp to some of my closest friends. I was fearing rejection, but like many other times I was foolish to believe they would judge me. At first they were hesitant like so many others are when the first see the show, but now I have bronies at my side. It is really quite great because I no longer have to come to the forums to relate with other people who like the show. (Don't worry, the forums are just as good as talking to people in real life) Though they might not be as in to the show as I am it's still nice to be myself around them.

I want to hear more about this... How did you introduce it, and what video did you start with? Was it an episode? Which?

Name, rank, and serial number :P

You could say that I have three "best friends" (though I still hate the way that sounds) at school, and two of them are bronies. We're all collaborating to convert the third. He's seen the first two episodes, and doesn't seem too excited about it, but then again he was never one to appreciate cartoons that much.

I have tried to convert multiple people. Even reaching the point where i offered my friend a dollar if he watched the first 5 episodes. He hasnt watched them yet, but he is tempted.

I also was trying to convince a friend from my church to join. He refused for a while, then i discovered another brony/pegasister in the church and we both started trying to convert him. ANOTHER pegasister overheard us and joined in.

Soon...

I convinced one of my cousins to watch the show and he is a full fledged brony now, and I converted 3 friends i know on xbox and they are getting others to watch it to. B)

I've converted an upperclassman (with the help of a friend).

...More on the way. ;)

Actually, yes, just one. One that may or may not be on this very forum... could be on this very thread... could EVEN be reading this right now...

Other than him, I have to intention of exposing anyone else to the magic. Not a ton of respectable and trustworthy people around here these days.

• Brohoof 1

I kind of converted my little 8 year old half brother. He watched the latest episode with me and said "that's a funny one". Later he asked me if we could watch "that show" again. I asked "which one?", he pointed to my pony toys and said "those guys". ^_^

I've converted about three or four people at my school, unfortunately my school also has a couple of haters now as well, but it's a price I have to pay for publicly announcing being a brony.

(edited)

I'm pretty sure that I have converted a friend of mine into becoming a pegasister. I showed her the clip when Fluttershy fought that bear, and then we watched as much of Read It and Weep as we could

After roughly ten minutes, she said "Ooh, I don't want to stop watching this show."

We weren't able to watch the entire episode bacause we had to get to class, but she and I have agreed that when I'm done with a project, we will have a mare-a-thon at her house.

Edited by Axis

I convinced a friend, he didn't want to watch it at first but he loved Foster's Home so agreed to watch it, and was caught up in a couple of weeks. He has since got his little sister to watch it (little as in the actual target audience :P ) so by proxy,I guess I've converted two people.

There was a girl I was assigned to work on a project with that saw me slacking once and watching MLP during class. XD Apparently she knew some of the characters but was completely a non-brony and didn't even know of the fandom....Don't even know how she know the characters. Doesn't have siblings either.

Anyways, I got her to watch "Find a Pet" once and she kinda watched one episode...and then a couple...and then she started with the pilot....and by the time spring break started she was up to like episode 15 in season 1.

I was going to post this earlier but I expected that she had gotten bored over spring break and found something else to do. What do you know, I ask her after spring break is over and she's gone through ALL of the episodes. Although I don't think she's done anything further than that....no pony pics, no fanfics, no forum, no nutin. Ah well, I consider myself a success. :D