Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bend over: Rarity is depicted as being fairly dominant in the bedroom in a lot of clopfics, I know I have read some of them. She is also depicted as being into costumes and roleplay as well which is probably more likely but both are possible.

Fabulous: She does use that phrase in the series from time to time so that is a no brainer.

Snuggle: No idea, if anything I think Fluttershy would be more likely because she has the reputation as the "cute" one.

"Worst pony": Lots of people don't like Rarity, there are many reasons for this but the main one is that a lot of people feel her primadonna side is laid on a bit too thick. I don't think it qualifies here as worst pony though, the only ponies I would give that dis honor to are Snips and Snails.

• Brohoof 1

Well she does use her sexuality to entice stallions to help her. Perhaps that is where that concept came from? I think she's a bit of a tease perhaps, but slut is ridiculous.

Rarity's flirtation side is one of the more realistic aspects of her. It is a pretty big leap to go from a flirt to a slut, like you said.

<cut due to in thread epiphany that I am an ass>

At first I was going to call those who leap to that conclusion sexist even if they assume that flirtation is purely for gain, but then when building my argument I was reminded on my wife. There are times that she gets all cute and flirty, and I would be a liar if I said I never thought, "Ok, what do you want now?" So even with innocuous flirtation, I have jumped to the sexist and suspicious stereotype myself. I have no argument I can use against the people that say Rarity uses flirtation to get what she wants ... not without being a hypocrite.

:wau:

I am officially recusing myself from this debate.

What about all of those pictures of Rarity fighting crabs? I've never understood why, I just accepted it.

Watch this from the 2006 Song E3 Press Conference

http://youtu.be/2g1fr5vk72M

Somehow someone tied it to Rarity. Since it takes less than 24 hours for MLP art fads to explode ... I have no idea what the source really is. It is sort of like the Ponies in Socks thing exploding because one artist was featured on EQD.

All I know is that It sure makes for some funny stories trying to explain them in-universe.

• Brohoof 1

Watch this from the 2006 Song E3 Press Conference

http://youtu.be/2g1fr5vk72M

Somehow someone tied it to Rarity. Since it takes less than 24 hours for MLP art fads to explode ... I have no idea what the source really is. It is sort of like the Ponies in Socks thing exploding because one artist was featured on EQD.

All I know is that It sure makes for some funny stories trying to explain them in-universe.

Haha, that video is amazing.  ^_^

There's just so many pictures of Rarity fighting crabs its ridiculous. Not gonna lie though, a lot them are pretty awesome.  B)

Why is Rarity so awesome?  :proud:

• Brohoof 3

I think that she's the most "girly" of the mane 6, which is why she has received a lot of hate. 

It doesn't bother me if you ask me. I find it entertaining

Imb4 ghostie

It's strange though...

Many bronies go all like "ITS OKAY TO WATCH MLP EVEN THOUGH THE MAIN DEMOGRAPHIC IS LITTLE GIRLS, BEING GIRLY IS NOTHING BAD!", just to go all like "I HATE RARITY CUZ SHE IS TOO GIRLY!".

I mean, what the hay? :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well she does use her sexuality to entice stallions to help her. Perhaps that is where that concept came from? I think she's a bit of a tease perhaps, but slut is ridiculous.

Well as they say, "If ya got it... Flaunt it!"

Besides, batting a few eye lashes is nothing compared to Hollywood mega characters anymore.

The only one that bothers me is the Raricow BS, and its only there to be mean.

And as far as Snuggle You... damn right i would...in a heart beat.

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not really judgmental, so really I typically don't sway one way or the other. I will say, however, that I like Rarity more than most of the other mane 6. No real reason, others have their own opinions, just the character that I chose to like since watching the show. This discussion interests me, seeing how others react to these topics. I personally believe that saying that Rarity is the 'worst' pony is a bit excessive. As for the snuggling topic, several cultures find what America considers 'intimate' and alike such as excessive hugging. etc, are normal actions among friends and relatives, so maybe this was intentionally implied anyway?

Edited by Shafer.Devin

The first is an affectionate parody

The second came from a Zelda meme where the Zelda from TP was indifferent to Link. They put Rarity in that role, and then someone did one featuring anal sex and Rarity's was captioned as "bend over." It was just happenstance on 4chan.

The snuggling one because of the scene with Twi as suggested earlier, and her body language lends herself to it easily.

The last is cuz bitches be jelly?

@

CyanSheepMedia Brechard

I've found on many brony sites (such as Horse News) that Rarity might be less likely be known as "best pony", but is more likely to be labelled as "worst pony".

That's just Capper's and Jim's opinions. When they had polls on best pony Rarity did very well.

Rarifag is a rarifan, Sweetie Bot called her Best Pony Human which means... something. There was another guy who also liked her but he had a weird name that I do not remember.

Then there's Regidar whom they interviewed, rarifan. 

Rarity is actually rather popular on /mlp/

http://i.imgur.com/9tZBkXM.png

http://i.imgur.com/AA8Ds2N.png

There was another HN poll where Rarity got second to Twilight but they failed to post the results

Well, the other 3 have been explained pretty well, so I'll give my two cents on the last one.

Rarity isn't my favorite pony anymore(sorry, ghostie) but I do like her character a lot. Most bronies would probably say this because they can't identify with her, and call her a snob, a bitch, rude, picky, a stuck-up high class rich pony. Except that all of those traits are incorrect.

• Brohoof 1

1. As was said before, she is fabulous. Fabulousness is overrated in my opinion, I prefer Hilariosity.

2. Don't know, never saw that before.

3. Because she did that to Twilight once.

4. I personally prefer the term "Least epic". 

• Brohoof 1

Often in fanworks, Rarity the Unicorn Pony is associated with these:

"FabulousFabulousFabulous"

"Bend over, darling."

"IMMA SNUGGLE YOU, DARLING!!1"

"worst pony" (a serious lot of times)

How did our beloved fashion designer end up like this, for each "trait"?

1. Because she says it a lot XD

2. Have you seen those eyes she makes sometimes? I honestly can't blame people for that meme. post-592-0-46264800-1405897153.png

3. Pretty sure Rarity's a known cuddlebug. post-592-0-77048200-1405896917.png

4. Does not compute... post-592-0-18367800-1405897123.png

• Brohoof 1

Because Rarity out of all the mane 6 has the easiest personalty to poke fun at and people tend to take little quirks she does in the show and completely take them to the extreme within the fandom. While IMO the same can also be said about the rest of the mane 6, they all have their little easy to pick on traits that make them easy to pick on in the fandom, such as the whole lesbian Rainbow Dash thing and the insane Pinkamena thing. :P