Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most rewatchable episodes?

GuillermoGage

Post some episodes that you feel you can watch additional times without getting bored.

Preferably, among the people here that have seen many certain episodes several times, post the ones that were most enjoyable on their continuous rewatches.

For me, The Best Night Ever. It is also possibly my favorite episode.

Other ones include "Look Before You Sleep", "The Ticket Master" "Hearts and Hooves Day", and maybe "Hearth's Warming Eve".

My frame of mind from which to state this opinion may have something to do with being forced to watch DVD episodes of MLPFiM with my nieces and nephews. I tend to pay less attention, for example, when "It's About Time" or "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" starts playing, and more attention to the episodes I mentioned before.

So, maybe you can list some episodes that you've been finding yourself rewatching over time -and still enjoying- even after multiple viewings (maybe to the degree in which others might feel "ad nauseum").

(This type of topic could also be quite more fun for more long-running comedy/cartoon shows that are in syndication a lot.)

"Sweet & Elite," "Suited for Success," "Rarity Takes Manehattan," "Look Before You Sleep" and "Magic Duel" in that order :please:

I find it funny how I've watched S&E at least 20 times now, while watching "Suited For Success" and "Rarity Takes Manehattan" 5 - 10 times, even though I prefer the latter two episode over S&E :D

Sweet & Elite is a damned good episode, though, for sure :D I think I place such a high rewatch value on it simply because of the sheer amount of screentime Rarity gets, which is unrivaled, and I love the song "Becoming Popular" and the world-building by watching Rarity explore Canterlot :D

Cutie Mark Chronicles of course!

Funnily enough, that's on my "not going to rewatch ever again" list, with only 2 other episodes :P 

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pride would definitely have to be at the top of my list! So many songs, and it's just so fun and bouncy!

And plus, who doesn't love a Weird Al Yankovic pony?

Though, the episode that got me into MLP in the first place, that magnificent two parter "The Return of Harmony" will always be up there for me. It's definitely #1. in my books!  :umad:

Funnily enough, that's on my "not going to rewatch ever again" list, with only 2 other episodes :P

I thought it wasn't that bad. It gives some good backstory and context to the rest of the show that for the most part is'nt explained elsewhere.

• Brohoof 1

Well of coarse there's Pinkie Pride mainly due to how fun it is to watch. I've also realized that Testing Testing 123 is pretty fun to rewatch. Also Too many Pinkie Pies, Magic Duel, Best Night ever, Party of One, A dog and Pony show, and the Last Roundup.

Rarity Takes Manehattan,

A Canterlot Wedding (both parts)

Sweet and Elite

Suited for Success

Shrek

Pinkie Apple Pie

Winter Wrap Up,

Friendship is Magic (both parts)

Damn, I've watched Friendship is Magic so many times, It's hard to count.. :P

MMC and testing testing are probably up there for me. 

MMC is (in general) the perfect placement of songs (for me) Just the right backstory/silliness, the right drama and the right wrap up.

Testing Testing is just stunning when all of Ponyville come together.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody agreed with me on these.

I do find that on a second watch they tend to seem better (with notable exceptions)

• Brohoof 1

Well, there are just so many. Let's see here...

Return of Harmony

Twilight's Kingdom

All Rarity episodes

Maud Pie

Pinkie Pride

Winter Wrap Up

The Crystal Empire

I'm sure there are more I could add here.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I'm adding Sweet and Elite, Suited for Success, Sisterhooves Social, The Cutie Mark Chronicles, and Hearts and Hooves Day. and Winter Wrap Up

As well as the Friendship is Magic two-parter series premiere, and The Ticket Master. And The Return of Harmony.

So, all my blatantly rewatchable episodes, in order:

Friendship is Magic

The Ticket Master

Look Before You Sleep

Winter Wrap Up

Suited For Success

The Cutie Mark Chronicles

The Best Night Ever

The Return of Harmony

Sisterhooves Social

Sweet and Elite

Hearth's Warming Eve

bolded episodes are especially rewatchable.

(edited)

Cutie Mark Chronicles

Magical Mystery Cure

Hurricane Fluttershy

Sonic Rainboom

Twilight's Kingdom

Sisterhoove's Social

For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils

Ponyville Confedential

Edited by SonicRainboom2.0

Let's see...the episodes I've rewatched and still enjoy the most would be Friendship is Magic (the two part pilot), Suited For Success, The Cute Mark Chronicles, Return of Harmony, Sisterhooves Social, Luna Eclipsed, Hearth's Warming Eve, Hurricane Fluttershy, Magic Duel, Magical Mystery Cure, Castle Mania, Power Ponies, Pinkie Pride and Twilight's Kingdom.

Pinkie Pride has HIGH, HIGH rewatch value due to its musical nature and general entertainment value. So I'd say that one.

It's rare that I actually fully rewatch episodes. Usually I get pretty good looks at them while I'm PMVing, but I've occasionally just let an episode play through when I was in the mood.

Personally, I find them all to be very re-watchable. But if I had to pick a handful... :please:

"Look before you sleep"

"Lesson Zero"

"The Best Night Ever"

"Twilight Time"

"Twilight's Kingdom"

"Magical Mystery Cure"

"Princess Twilight Sparkle"

"A Royal Canterlot Wedding"

My favorites which i'd totally rewatch over and over again would be...(not in order, mind you)

"Friendship is magic"

"The best night ever"

"The return of harmony"

"A friend in deed"

"Winter wrap up"

"Suited for success"

"Rarity takes manehattan"

"Hurricane fluttershy"

"Baby cakes"

"Maud Pie"

"Read it and weep"

"The Crystal empire"

(edited)

Ok, let me get the obligatory Rarity episodes out of the way since obvious choice is obvious.

Suited For Success

Sweet and Elite

Rarity Takes Manehattan

Dog and Pony Show

Now, this is where things get interesting since I am going to exclude episodes that I rewatch for one or two specific scenes like Apple Family Reunion, Lesson Zero, Cutie Mark Chronicles, Sleepless in Ponyville, Secret of my Excess, Simple Ways, or Twilight Time. Each of those may have a moment or two that would vie for top a 10 scene position ... but they don't quite make it to best complete and rewatchable episode for me.

"A Canterlot Wedding"

"Winter Wrap Up"

"Pinkie Apple Pie"

"Flight to the Finish"

"Twilight's Kingdom"

"Luna Eclipsed"

"Return of Harmony"

"Sisterhooves Social"

"Look Before You Sleep"

"Wonderbolt Academy"

There you have it. Pinkie Pride and Hurricane Fluttershy almost get on there. And before any Fluttershy fans cry foul ... it was Fluttershy and Discord that put TK on the list. ;)

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, I could watch these episodes on re-run,

1. 'Pinkie Apple Pie'

2. "Pinkie Pride"

3. "A Canterlot Wedding" Parts 1 & 2

4. 'Secret Of My Excess"

MMC definitely is near the top of my list, especially because of the songs.

Lesson Zero is good, since I find it so funny and there's lots of small things I keep noticing about it (exceptionally funny faces and character subtleties)

Aaand....eh, pretty much any episode with a good song or lots of funny moments

(edited)

the return of harmony, twilights kingdom, the best night ever, pinkie pride, lesson zero, keep calm and flutter on, the crystal empire, and magical mystery cure are the most rewatchable episodes in my opinion.

Edited by A goat