Twi Rubix

Who Is Your LEAST Favorite Of The Main Ponies?  

182 users have voted

1. 1. Least Favorite Pony Mane Six + Spike

• RainbowDash
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • AppleJack
    • FlutterShy
    • Rarity
    • PinkiePie
    • Spike
  2. 2. Least favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Scootaloo
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Granny Smith
    • Big McIntosh
    • Hayseed
    • Mr. Cake
    • Mrs. Cake
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • Derpy
    • Trixie
    • Suri Polomare
    • Lightning Dust
    • Gilda
    • Daring Do
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin
    • Fleetfoot
    • Cheerilee
    • Bulk Biceps
    • Coco Pommel
    • Cheese Sandwich
    • Maud Pie
    • Other - Because So Many Ponies O.O

Pinkie, probably. She just comes off as abrasively annoying to me.

That still sums me up on Pinkie Pie....

Rainbow Dash is still number two on my

list,  somehow her higher than im better than

all of you rubs me the wrong way...

Well, I went ahead and merged too closely related threads. Not good for the kindness scales to have two of these sharing the same space.

I do want to impart a few choice words here. Obviously we expect some discussion and rebuttals. It makes sense to want to respond when someone mentions a character you love here. I can say 'be civil' here, and that goes without saying. I'm going to be more specific. 

Tolerate and love everypony. While we don't quite mean this in the literal sense, we do ask that you remain respectful of other people's opinions and realize that they are, at the end of the day, just opinions rather than grounds for declaring thermonuclear war. Don't flame, don't troll, and you'll be fine. We realize this can be difficult when somebody else attacks you first, but please report them instead. Responding in kind will only get you in trouble along with them and possibly make the whole situation worse for everyone else present when it happens. People want to reply to topics casually, not walk on eggshells around two other bickering members. See this and this.

If some states they do not like your character, go ahead and provide a rebuttal. Feel free to explain the virtues and critical analysis of the character. Do not personally attack the opinion or member. Conversely, using a member's favorite character to get under his or her skin is just asshattery. Don't do it. Most threads like this have a tendency to be more than heated debate. They can get personal. Remember that there are people on the other side of that screen that may personally identify with these characters. In many cases, to them, overly aggressive statements about a character can feel like a personal attack. Be cognizant of that. 

Usually I also like to comment on the topic I merged, but in this case I have nothing really to say. I feel that every character can have value in the right writer and director's hands. Some are still awaiting their great moment, some have achieved at least one. No worst characters for me ... unless you count Nightmare Rarity. 

:P

• Brohoof 8

The least favorite of the mane six has changed a lot for me over time. At first it was Applejack, but now I love her to death. For a while it was Fluttershy because of her lack of character traits, but Pinkie replaced her during season 4 because of how much she's clearly regressed since season 1 (I want the Swarm of the Century Pinkie back so badly...).  

However, as of now, my least favorite is probably Twilight simply because she is now insufferably infallible, and that just annoys me to no end. 

Mane 6:

Rainbow Dash. I like her and all, but her annoying, boastful personality takes her down.

General:

Snips and Snails, by far. All they are are generic, cliche goofy sidekick twins to suck up to Trixie/Sunset Shimmer, and they ruined Trixie's life by trying to make her look cool. Plus, their designs are cringe-worthy.

Might as well, my "terrible mane 6"

1. Snips

2. Snails

3. Babs Seed

4. Blueblood

5. Trenderhoof

6. Jet Set (and Upper Crust, but only had room for 6 :P)

Least favorite Mane 6 character: Rarity. She meant to represent the Element of Generosity, but I find her to be irritating at times.

Least favorite secondary character: Gilda. She made Fluttershy cry!

Edited by Skyactiv

I do not have a "least favorite" out of the Mane 6. Spike is a separate issue. He is a character with a lot of development potential that is being squandered by the writers in favor of comedic abuse solely on the fact that he is different from the rest of the main cast. I do not even need to begin to list the unfortunate implications this has.

For other characters, I say Snips and Snails. These characters are a living double standard. I find them patently sexist, and one need not look any further than the origin of the names to find out why. It is just salt in the wound to have these two undeveloped stereotypes be among the most prominent male characters in the show when the show already has enough problems with male representation. Even getting past the gender issue, having two undeveloped, stereotypical idiots whose only purpose is to ruin things and serve as plot catalysts is out of character for a show known for putting out such well-developed, multi-faceted, and identifiable characters. The show really should be held accountable to sending better messages to its target audience. It has a good position among entertainment for girls, and it should not use it to send this kind of message about the other gender. Continuing to do so only furthers the gender divide that they are purporting to work towards knocking down. If I could put the both of them together, they'd definitely get my vote here.

Rarity, Prince Blueblood, and Diamond Tiarra are definitely not my favorites, and I find it not so surprising that there are A LOT of other fellow bronies agreeing to this. This is unanimous! 

I don't see how Rarity is anything like those two :confused:

Diamond Tiara goes out of her way to bully and hurt people who have done nothing to her, when Rarity has given time and time again to those around her when it was not even needed. I wrote a list of everything generous she's done, if you want to check it out :D

Blueblood treats everyone poorly in an "I'm better than you" way. If Rarity did that, I don't think she would be hanging around the rest of the mane 6 or in Ponyville. Her business has been so successful that she could easily set up shop in Canterlot if she pleases, which is much greener pastures compared to Ponyville in terms of money flow and demand for her line of work as well as being her personal dream to always live there, but she doesn't :D She stays in Ponyville, and I'm under the impression it is because of her friends there :D Why else would she not make the move? Everything else is saying Canterlot is greener pastures for her, yet she sticks around in Ponyville. No other reason for her to do that, because if she was like Blueblood and only cared about herself, she would've packed up and moved to where there was a big demand for fancy clothes and people had more money to pay a looooong time ago :please:

Also, I don't really know about most Bronies agreeing with you on that :please: This very poll has Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy all receiving more votes than lovely lady Rarity in terms of least favorite :D And just because someone votes for a pony on this list doesnt mean they dislike them. For instance, RD and Pinkie are my least favorite of the mane 6, but I still like them quite a bit :D Who's to say many of the votes for Rarity aren't like that as well? :please:

Thank you for your time! :D

• Brohoof 3

I have probably already posted in this thread but I can't find my post so yea..

In the main 6 I'd have to say Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Now RD sort of grew on me at the Read it and weep episode but she's still this character that thinks very high of herself and I don't know I'm just not a big fan of tomboyish characters. About Rarity, I'm not sure. She seems whiny and is can be quite annoying sometimes if you ask me, but mostly it's just because I don't have any interest for her. She's just not an appealing character to me. Though I must say that I don't hate any characters in the main 6, this is again only my least favorites. Both RD and R has their moments.

As for the secondary characters I must say Prince Blueblood, Diamond Tiara, Snips, Derpy Hooves, Gilda and Sunset Shimmer.

Prince Blueblood, Diamond Tiara and Gilda mainly because they are meanypants.

Snips because he is annoying.

Derpy Hooves because she should've stayed as a little easter egg imo, all this hype and love for her just makes me like her less.

Sunset Shimmer was just an unnecessary character imo.

[edit]

actually, it really adds to the show to have some meanypant-characters.. Let me take two of these back..

Edited by Jokuc

Spike isn't a bad character, it's more that he is strictly side kick material & the least capable of being main character in an episode.  Snips & Snails should be considered together because they are usually teamed together in one annoying lump.

• Brohoof 1

For the mane six, I'd have to choose Rarity. I've never really been into fashion, so I kinda just despise her.

I also don't like Cheese Sandwich. I don't know why, but he just reminds me of Pinkie. He's like the boy version of her. One Pinkie is enough.

I seriously do not get why Gilda is hated while Trixie is worshipped. They are basically the same character, the only difference being that Gilda spoke in this annoyingly repulsive vintage slang. Basically she's just hated for going off on Fluttershy, but really, Trixie goes off on all of the ponies and the fandom wants to build a shrine for her.

This is really one of the majority opinions in the fandom I really do not care for.

To me it's a tie between Snips and Snails. The only school age colts,in Ponyville and they're portrayed as brain dead! How will the ponies continue to populate their world with males like THAT?

SHUDDER!

Well, Shady Daze, Rumble, Featherweight, and Pipsqueak exist as well, but I'd might as well stay quiet on that since the show doesn't want you to realize that they exist! :wacko:

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

Well, Shady Daze, Rumble, Featherweight, and Pipsqueak exist as well, but I'd might as well stay quiet on that since the show doesn't want you to realize that they exist! :wacko:

Don't forget. I made the Snips and Snails comment you quoted today on Dec 6th of 2011! That was over three years ago! Snips and Snails were introduced in Boast Busters on November 19th of 2010, but I only started watching while everypony else was still waiting for season two.Those other colts weren't introduced yet when I made my post!

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...