Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Prectar

So I just wanted to make a thread where we could share and discuss the little things we discover while watching MLP.

First of all. I was sure they always said everypony, anypony and such in the show. But now I just heard RD saying anybody in season 1 episode 3. Is that a oopsie or have I just missed all the other places where they doesnt use pony instead?

Secondly I heard Rarity talking about Prince Blue Blood, and saying he is the nephew of Princess Celestia. So that just made me wonder about the family relations in the "Celestia" family, and how they're all connected? Is Prince Blue Blood really her nephew? And why is he "just" a unicorn then? If he is Celestias nephew, then he must also be Lunas nephew, because I seriously doubt he is her son. So who is the missing brother or sister to Celestia and Luna?

You aren't the only one who have heard one of the characters say "anybody", etc, etc...

I'm pretty sure i heard twilight say "why won't anybody be reasonable and rational" can't remember which

ep it is from, but she sure said "anybody" instead of "anypony" :)

Edited by ProjectRKA

.....I heard Rarity talking about Prince Blue Blood, and saying he is the nephew of Princess Celestia. So that just made me wonder about the family relations in the "Celestia" family, and how they're all connected? Is Prince Blue Blood really her nephew? And why is he "just" a unicorn then? If he is Celestias nephew, then he must also be Lunas nephew, because I seriously doubt he is her son. So who is the missing brother or sister to Celestia and Luna?

I was wondering about this too, so I researched it, but didn't find an answer to satisfy me, So I came up with a better solution!

Prince Blue-Blood is the bastard child of Discord and Luna, from many years ago... Together they secretly plotted against Celestia on the dark side of the moon, where they wouldn't be found. They grew a special bond, Luna and Discord, and down the line they had a child. After some time, Celestia imprisoned Discord into a statue, and left Luna alone with the child. With the father gone, no one could raise the boy, but his mother... and so he came into light. Luna never announced the father to anyone... To be continued.

This is just the thoughts of one silly lil' filly though.

Edited by Scootaloo
  • Brohoof 2

I find it weird when they pick something up by wrapping their whole arm around it. I guess it's the only other option to having them pick it up in their mouths (which would make it hard for them to speak) or using magic, (not all ponies are unicorns...)

How does Rarity carry that cake in her tail? Her horn isn't glowing so she's not using magic, right? Is she using some super strong hairspray? But that doesn't explain how she picked it up.

post-37-0-50865500-1320903710_thumb.png

Edited by Apple Bloom

It may just be me, but in the very first episode, it took me quite a few watches to notice nightmare moon in the hourglass as Twilight walks past.

Posted Image

It may just be me, but in the very first episode, it took me quite a few watches to notice nightmare moon in the hourglass as Twilight walks past.

Posted Image

Damn, Swoop.... I've watched the s01e01 a lot, and I've never noticed Nightmare Moon in the hourglass before ._.

Here's an odd one, what do the following ponies all have in common?

Posted Image

Turns out they're all voiced by the same actor, Tabitha st. Germain, which is quite an impressive feat.

Additionally, Rainbow and AJ have the same voice actor too, and Spike's voice actor also voices the mayor of Ponyville. Go figure.

• Brohoof 1

I saw the hourglass thing in a redub of s1ep01, where that portion was magnified with the caption "foreshadowing". I forgot who had done it, but the title was "My Little Pony: Comraderie is Supernatural" or something.

Oh, and I think I heard Spike say "Why is everyone so... grey?" in s2ep02.

Otherwise I don't usually notice that sort of detail.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Just happened to notice last night when i was watching MLP:FiM s1e20

that Rarity in the beginning have a very different cutie mark from her original.

Here... Take a look :3

post-334-0-83850800-1321013314_thumb.png

Also, another fun thing, Pinkie Prectar. I noticed that in the credits theres

a guy called 'Mike Tisserand'. Now put a space between 'Tisser' & 'And' xDDD

Just happened to notice last night when i was watching MLP:FiM s1e20

that Rarity in the beginning have a very different cutie mark from her original.

I believe that is a "cutiemark" for her robe she is wearing. Hard to see actually. It's a slim fit robe. But I would believe it is a robe just like Fluttershy is wearing.

I'm pretty sure i heard twilight say "why won't anybody be reasonable and rational"

Technically, that was in Over a Barrel, and they were with the buffalo herd. "Anypony" would have excluded them, thus, "anybody".

Might be looking too far into it, but if there's a place to do that, it'd be here.

But now I just heard RD saying anybody in season 1 episode 3. Is that a oopsie or have I just missed all the other places where they doesnt use pony instead?

She also says "anyone", but she does revert to saying anypony in the same episode. (Also, Applejack sticks to "somepony", but we're talking RD still.) I think it's more consistent in the later episodes, especially season two so far. World building tends to be that way early on. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The same way Applejack can do rope tricks with her tail. They seem to have conscious control over them, and they're very strong. Twilight has caught Spike with hers a few times, too.

How does Rarity carry that cake in her tail? Her horn isn't glowing so she's not using magic, right? Is she using some super strong hairspray? But that doesn't explain how she picked it up.

post-37-0-50865500-1320903710_thumb.png

I believe that is a "cutiemark" for her robe she is wearing. Hard to see actually. It's a slim fit robe. But I would believe it is a robe just like Fluttershy is wearing.

How can that be a robe you see no ending to it plus that would be one ridiculously tight robe.

It IS a robe. Otherwise feel free to explain me what those yellow fluffy thing on her neck and legs are. And also where her mane is disappearing? And no that is a towel of some kind she has around her neck and not her mane, you can clearly see that, especially on the color.

You can in fact also see that where the robe is, she is slighty thicker than where there is no robe.

It is a tight robe indeed. But it is a robe.

End of discussion.

It IS a robe. Otherwise feel free to explain me what those yellow fluffy thing on her neck and legs are. And also where her mane is disappearing? And no that is a towel of some kind she has around her neck and not her mane, you can clearly see that, especially on the color.

You can in fact also see that where the robe is, she is slighty thicker than where there is no robe.

It is a tight robe indeed. But it is a robe.

End of discussion.

My bad you're right, to me the yellow fluffy thing just looked like a scarf (Don't know how but it did). I can clearly see it's a robe now lack of sleep I guess.

• 3 months later...

Okay, I was watching this, and at 4:45 I almost jumped when I suddenly noticed a face.

It's even accompanied by a creepy sound effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqjisqooR84

If you didn't see it, look at the statue of the mare through the hourglass at 4:43

It even happens right when Twilight says "Nightmare Moon".

Creepy

Maybe we should have a mega-thread about all the little details? Like the shocked pony I posted last time and this, and other things.

EDIT: Btw, this is also a reminder that the original protagonist of the series is Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight is best pony.

Seriously, do any other ponies know calculus, or come from Canterlot, see Nightmare Moon coming, or were the original personal student of Celestia?

I rest my case :P

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun