Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your parent's jobs?

CosmicHooves

• 3 months later...

My dad works for a construction equipment rental company. He's the warehouse manager. 

He's worked for a lot of companies like this in the past. He likes to fix them up, then move on to other companies and fix them up too. 

My mom's his part time secretary.  :P

My dad is an international photographer (meaning he travels a lot), setting up photo studios/projects in places like Mali and Afghanistan.

My mom works as a freelance journalist, making documentaries and other cool stuff. 

My dad works for an IT company programming software, and my mum is an English teacher teaching people from abroad to speak English.

Although my dad used to be in the Navy, and my mum used to teach French (at my old school) and also worked as a nurse before me or my sister were born.

My mother works an exclusively nighttime job as a nurse. In addition, she also performs assistant surgical duties from time to time. She's been doing the same thing for 23 years. My dad works as a load-lifter for the Finnish dairy giant, Valio, which operates mainly in the northern Europe. For 21 years he's been working there, but intends to start a freelancer art career soon, to coincide with my own plans in the same field, since art has always been his true calling, but he didn't have the same opportunities that artists today have when he was my age.

Edited by There is only Ditzy.

My father is a mechanic. Since he works at a mining town which is very far from where I live, we get a good chunk of money from his full time job.

My mother is a developmental educator. In other words she supports people with disabilities. She also knows a lot about the difference between disorders and disabilities.

• Brohoof 1

My mother is the mayor of her town.  She helps the residents with everyday tasks and listens to their suggestions for town improvements, she supports the local economy and its entrepreneurs, and she assembles talking snowladies that accept snowflakes in exchange for ice-themed furniture.  She's acculmulated nearly 70 million Bells in the bank!

My father is a full-time corpse.

• Brohoof 1

My dad's a handyman. I used to compare him to Bob the Builder a lot. He never liked it of course.

My mom? She was a stay at home mom. My mom and dad had a pretty old fashioned mindset I suppose. She was diagnosed with some issues in the '90s however so that could've contributed to her not being employed. I'm not sure how she's doing now... her case is pretty severe and she gets money loaned to her. She's being treated though so she's not alone thankfully.

My dad is a drywaller who works for a few drywalling companies in the construction field here in Ontario (the province), Canada. The most known drywaller/contractor in the country is Marel Contractors (he doesn't work for them anymore).

As for my mom, she helps him time to time with the taping of drywall. She's mostly a stay-at-home kind of mom.

Drywall contracting may be a dirty and slightly rough job, but like any other construction job, they get paid a lot (depending how much work they do and such). I know this because I was working with my dad for sometime (summer job and such).

My Mum's a manager of our local RSL club. An RSL club is basically just a large pub. RSL stands for 'Returned Services League' because they were originally designed in 1916 for WW1 veterans to share stories of their gruesome time in battles. Because these veterans didn't want to discuss these memories with their families and shock them. They felt comfortable talking to other servicemen. 

Australian Military History 101 by Colour.

And my Dad's a carpenter. :P

• Brohoof 1

My mom works at a factory, Kimball to be exact, and my dad is unemployed, but he worked at a railroad tie yard before that. I think my step dad is the manager at some power plant.

My mom has worked there for so long and has done so many long shifts, I hope she will be able to get social security given her current issues, then she can relax entirely. That's what I hope for.