Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your parent's jobs?

CosmicHooves

My dad is a college professor of chemistry. My mom doesn't work a regular job but always handled the noble task of raising the lot of us. She used to work at an art gallery though back in the early days. 

My dad's a truck driver, and he has been for a long time. As long as I can remember. The only thing is, he's only able to be home for a few days every month. My mom works from home, I'm not sure exactly what it is she does but it requires a computer, that's all I know. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

My mum works as a housekeeper at a hotel called Travelodge,

I think my dad works as a cleaner,

My step-dad works at a shop called Sainsbury's but I don't know exactly what his job entails,

and I don't know what my step-mum works as but I know that she does work

• Brohoof 1

Before they retired (I know Mom has, not sure about Dad but it would be highly likely), Mom was a nurse and did that for over 40 years.  Dad worked for a government contractor, and did work with computers and networks.  I remember him taking college courses in FORTRAN and PASCAL, and getting certified on Novell network architecture;.

• Brohoof 1

My dad used to be a salesman at a industrial supply outlet. They started selling just bearings but expanded to everything from gearboxes and pulleys, to safety glasses and paper towels. He had to quit and go on disability 3 years ago when he had a stroke though.

Since then, my mom has started working in the county treasurer's office. Rotten tax collector.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My mom used to work as a customer service for a health care. She would take calls of people in emergency situations, but then the company went bankrupt. My dad works independently sourcing materials and selling products all around the world through amazon. Doesn't really make much though...

Edited by ThunderCrush

• 4 weeks later...

Mom was the stay at home type. Didn't finish her degree till 6 or 7 years after I was born. Now she can't work due to various injuries and health issues. But she does bead crafting as a hobby and occasionally sells her creations. 

Dad works in human resources and payroll management, making sure that the programs that keep track of attendance and direct deposit are working properly for his clients. 

My dad is working at an electrical company near some college. He runs the place however he has a boss above him who keeps everything in line. Been working there for 7-8 years.

My mom works at a dollar store. As a cashier.

Mother is currently unemployed due to a lot of health problems.

Father works as an Electrical Engineer at a Laser Laboratory locally.

My dad works at a warehouse for a company that creates restroom appliances. My mother doesn't really have a job at the moment since she's disabled.

My Dad is a self employed electrician and my mum is a receptionist at the Royal Shakespeare Company :)

My dad is a financial salesperson for some financial investment company in Illinois.

My mom works in the kitchen of a Hospital serving food to the patients, but before that she worked in the Special Education Department of my old Middle School.   

(edited)

Dad delivers for UPS and my stepmother's job is need-to-know confidential.

She used to work the office computer at a Plumber's for years until she learned her boss was homophobic. Her boss doesn't know about what I am. But my stepmother quit after seeing this mean side of her boss.

(Thank goodness since my parents love me for who I am, even if I can't fully agree with the religious views of my stepmother's brother in law.)

Edited by Wholly Windcharger

My mom is dead, but she used to work at the University of Washington doing I forgot what. Whatever it was, I think it paid well enough considering we were more than able to afford a decent, lower middle class life back then.

My dad used to work for my grandma and step-grandpa's car parts business, then it went downhill at some point. Since then he's worked as a welder (at Kaspar Wire Works, you may know it as Ranch Hand. They make truck accessories) and as a helper for one of his friends' cabinet business. As of right now, he's unemployed, however. He isn't able to work because he has severe arthritis (probably rheumatoid) and really bad COPD and emphysema.

My parents are dead now, but when they were alive my dad worked as a flight attendant for United and my mom a flight booker. Somethin' about the flight industry in my family :dash: