Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

7 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

@Midnight_Aurora

So is Cosmic gonna come in now or what?

I was planing on removing Cacora at the same time as bringing Cosmic in. Give me a bit and after the next GM Post, I will bring in Cosmic. Go ahead and continue your thing. He is coming, I just need to figure out how to bring him in.

@Everyone

On this and any other note about Cosmic and Cacora. My posts will be slow due to not having a stable and constant connection. This means I won't be able to post as often as I should.

For most the story is moving faster than can be kept up with. Myself included. However, I will keep pace in some way.

@Midnight_Aurora

I have no issues at all with your idea for Thorax. As a plus thing, we don't actually have anypony controlling him, so if there's any who thinks they'd want to run with him, they can go for it. Otherwise he'll be more or less just an NPC.

Also, the outpost idea sounds neat. The castle have been abandoned for a long time, makes sense some creatures messed around the area in the time since, like changelings having an outpost. Ponies doesn't exactly go there often from what I can tell, so would have been a good one, at least once upon a time.

...I might have one that can accompany. It got dropped a bit at the end since the guy I wrote with vanished, but there were something wqith one of my chars supposed to go in and try to help relations between Thorax's kind of changelings and the regular sort. Could be she would accompany since he were the first she got in contact with before some of the regular, big hives. I can give you more info on Belladonna later on if this is the sort of thing you had in mind, otherwise I'll save her for another one. Sooner or later I find usage of my NPC's ^_^

==========================================================================

@Moonbacon

Some happy chatting have happened, not much else. :) You ready to see if we can squeeze you into the fray lad?

==========================================================================

@Dji

Hey, sorry for the late reply. Busy days at work and I forgot to check here until today. -,-' Let's see what you got mate. :)

Well, short and to the point it seems. Poor mare. :( At least I can try and cheer her up a bit by giving her a big ol' stamp of approval for this RP.

You should try and have her meet my NPC's Null and Void at some point, they might have a good deal to relate about. Wasn't their parent's going at them, but they know about abuse, damages and being treated like dirt. Just an idea though, and you can do with it what you wish. ^^

As for what happens in this RP, it is basically where the wind blows us. ^^ I try to keep only a small degree of regulation on where it flows to stop it from being too chaotic and Mary Sue like, but where it goes the posts determine as we go on. Sure it might seem I'm just too lazy to give this a direction, but... Uhm, okay, I can't defend that too well. :P hehe.

As you seem to be interested int he parts about the Elements of Disharmony, and have seen Cruelty, I have no issues really. @Lloyd's idea so if he green lights it, I have no issue with it. Would fit your char too to have cruelty with her, even if perhaps she isn't too brutal to others. You don't need to hit and punch others to give off the aura and effect of cruelty after all, though the ffects in the end are up to you. Just nothing too graphical please. ^_^

We can have you popping in soon, even finding Warlock if you will to guide things from there first, and you can decide if your char have the element already or not. Might be she is looking of it, or doesn't even know she's supposed to have it. Or she does, it's up to you really. I just put the Warlock part up as a suggestion to one that can be followed, depending on how manipulative he might be. I could see him wanting other element wearers near until he had his own for some degree of protection, though once more, up to @Lloyd. Really,  think the three of us might need to talk a bit more about this first. I'll keep a look out here and see what can be brought up from us all about this. ^_^

Also, @Lloyd? There is one for an element in Athriel, though I don't call it the Element of Betrayal, but Treachery. I like the word better. :3 And from what I have found from googling around, it covers basically the same, so shouldn't be too big of a bother. *offers cake to smooth things out*

==================================================================

@Widdershins

I've had Athriel set to be Betrayal (Or Treachery as I put it) for some posts now in the RP mate, sorry. :/ Then again... I could just take Deceit and edit in things to fit. It would still fit what I have in mind for Athriel, just with more plotting and playing in the shadows than downright work to destroy bonds between others.

.... @Lloyd I'll take Deceit then. Ignore the part I wrote to you about it before, though I keep it in to sort of make this make more sense. ^^

And for the record @Widdershins, being a part of disharmony doesn't mean you have to be evil, just that you're not exactly a choir boy. Discord is Disharmony, and he's not really evil anymore after all, even if he isn't clean in his methods. :)

===================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich @Maple Bat

Actually, I can'r decide for Discord anymore. Since I sent him away the last time I wrote with EQ_Theta, he have become the canon char of @Shineling You have to ask him, or perhaps he can add something in himself that you could guide somewhat. I'm sure the two of you could come up with something good and crazy. ^^

==================================================================

@MaryxMelody 

While I do like new people joining in, you have to go through the initiation process like all others mate. You can't just jump in without letting us know something about your char. Otherwise this can just end in chaos.

Now, as you are going well with @Maple Bat I won't stop things, but I do request that you write something here in the OOC about your char soon, so we can at least have some idea who we're dealing with now.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Don't forget, I just introduced them to Cosmic. He is currently using what he thinks is a simple illusion spell. However, itis infact an advanced illusion spell. His current form only allows the use of wind and illusion based spells. His Combat magic is elementally aligned.

16 hours ago, Seamore Sandwich said:

@Maple Bat

@Blitz Boom

Would it be alright if I took up the role of Discord, when the time comes?  I have some ideas about the science behind the magic that brought Maple to this timeline, and it would make it easier for me to explain (plus, I already have an idea of what he might say.  Discord is such an easy character to portray since his chaotic nature makes almost anything plausible).

For me yea its fine.

@Dji

Sounds good, and the edit really does expand on things. Poor gal. :/ Abuse is a horrible thing.

And now I know I definitely have to toss Null your way at some point. She got her right wing chopped off, and I like to toss around those with some simmilarities as it gives a good starter for chatter. Plus since she can't be affected by magic, the element won't do much. Friend potential for a depressed mare who seems to need it. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Oh, awesome. How do I start writing my character if everything is good to go then? I'll wait for Lloyd to respond, of course, but I just don't really know how to introduce Dawn considering how big this RP is. 

@Blitz Boom

So now that things have really kicked off, I'd like to suggest the idea of Null and Void helping with defeating Warlock. If they got close to him, his warding spell and any element he had at the time, would stop working. Allowing the Canterlot army to attack him. Sound like an interesting idea?

Also, I would have brung this up within the RP itself, but let's pretend that Iron Star can't see them because they cancel out his omnipotence.

@Lloyd

I think that the element of depression is a better fit for Dawn. Especially since I updated her profile. Do you agree or not?

@Maple Bat, @Blitz Boom

So I just ... go ahead and start writing? Is that right? I'm not really sure how this particular RP works.

3 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

@Dji

What I recommend is just jumping in and going for it @MaryxMelody did it that way and it worked pretty well

Hehe, yee!

10 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@MaryxMelody 

While I do like new people joining in, you have to go through the initiation process like all others mate. You can't just jump in without letting us know something about your char. Otherwise this can just end in chaos.

Alright. Whatcha wanna know?

(edited)

Have to agree, @Dji. (Hah! Rhymed!)

Read up on your update & i'd say your right, Element of Depression does seem to fit quite well too. If Laughter is the spreading of joy, then actively avoiding it intentionally...

But think I'll forgo my usual mullings. Have to say, @Lloyd , think I'm quite lost now, lol! I'm willing to drop it until such time as somebody tells me with explicit instruction how to walk into the situation! Though considering, I could possibly ditch the golem entirely if need be. With the veritable menagerie I have I could potentially come in afterwards to fill in any gaps if need be.

@Blitz Boom And, Nuh-Uh! Betrayal totes sounds better! It's like one step above Element of Repeated Backstabbing!

Daresay I am quite overdue too for my response and sorry about that. Been taxing myself a few times lately & haven't had the time/attention span to get around to it, but I'll get on that now.

Oh... and... side note there Blitzie-Blue McBoomerpants. If god-modding is out... how about, say... completely random things unraveling out to proportions that may need to be dealt with? Like, oh, say... dropping something big in the middle of town like a kraken or a steel-hulled pirate boat or... maybe something just as good. Like a summoning failing only to poof a bouquet of flowers on the table in front of another character in no way near or related to what i'm doing? I forget If I've brought it up before but We do have plans for a neat little gift for your little explosion filly. One that may be more indirectly sweet/genuine than even I could realize. But I digress. On with the Show!

Edited by Widdershins
Also, P.S. Don't think the other two Mentions worked.

@Blitz Boom & @Lloyd

You know, just occurred to me. If Pudding Tame doesn't fit in (which I'm alright with dropping that line if need be) I realize I have an OC that's the Spirit of Order. Something that... might come in handy as a last-ditch effort should the Elements of Disharmony get too far out of hoof. Oh, and no, he's certainly not infallible. He's basically a pure Antithesis of Discord I've been working on, and probably requires as much handling. Well... It... technically.

Oh, and two other things, Boomy.

That Nerzhei of yours? The one that seems to be a bipedal dragon with a pink bunny companion that appears to be in two places at once?

....does she have hair? Just something I'm wondering. Or scale-hair like Spike does. Both work there.

Oh, and also... you know those mounted heads I put up for decorations? I admit now that they might be too tacky... but don't throw them away. That would supply me with far... far too much hilarity to work with. Sufficed to say... one of them is pyramid-shaped.

Ah-hah-hah. Ah-ha-hahhh...

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins @Dji

Need to make a new list then with all these changes, but we should keep in mind the fact that multiple ponies(or creatures) could represent them them at once, and they will continue to work for those ponies until all but one dies, and as a plus, two ponies can represent multiple elements too. So one could represent all of them at once, yet while another pony represents just one of them. This is something that would end up working better actually. Ownership would work pretty much the same, but just passes on when the last owner dies.

Anyways, here is the list of ponies who represent them.

Spoiler

Element of Dark Magic: Warlock/Puddin Tame/Keeneye

Element of Deceit: Athriel

Element of Betrayal: Puddin Tame

Element of Depression: Dawn

Element of Greed: Warlock/Puddin Tame(Possibly, if I missed anything)

Element of Cruelty: ????(Unless you want to offer Dawn's mother for this spot)

Also, this list is just Potential wielders, not the current wielders. That would be this list:

Spoiler

Element of Dark Magic: Keeneye

Element of Deceit: Athriel(She doesn't have it yet, as far as I know)

Element of Betrayal: Puddin Tame

Element of Depression: Dawn(She doesn't have it yet, as far as I know)

Element of Greed: Nopony(Far as I know)

Element of Cruelty: ????

Edited by Lloyd

@Lloyd

I'm yet to write in Dawn Streak. I'll try and introduce her tomorrow when I have more time. And I'm still trying to figure out how she is meant to represent the depression element. Is she always depressed or what?

@Lloyd

Keeneye could fit  in, but itd take alot of convincing. I'd prefer to make a new character to fit Greed, and I already have one that I haven't tested  out in an rp that could fit for dark magic.

@Dji @Lloyd

Technically, Dawn doesn't need to intentionally give depression or be depressed all the time. She could just tend to be on the moodier side (even if it was a part deep inside she tries to ignore) and then that inner depression would hit those around her. She wouldn't even need to know how to do it for it to just spread like a plague around her, though it could be tapped into as well, of course. Just giving a minor perspective of my own. :)

Also, Lloyd, Athriel does not have her own element currently, no. Nor does she know exactly where that one is. Might be a while before that one is found and she can restore herself, but I have a suitable vessel in mind that will work on the travels, and even without the element, there is a lingering touch of it over her. Not enough to do much with, but enough to instill a few doubts if anyone's stupid enough to listen to her for too long and is a weak willed being. Warlock should be fine.

Reminds me of something though. Some days ago, I saw @Widdershins mention something I forgot to reply about, which is that Keeneye is from another reality, so technically, his amulet is A element of dark magic, but it isn't the only one. What have happened with the current world's version is hard to say as I don't recall it coming up since Trixie nicked it (feel free to correct me on that) but I would assume that it have been hidden away safely. Likely in a vault somewhere Celestia can keep it safe. Thinking Canterlot would be too easy though, but we will see as we go along. Frankly I'm winging the locations. ^_^

============================================================================

@Dji

By the way, yes, you can just jump in and we will take it from there. Remember not to godmod and we're golden. ^^

========================================================================

@Maple Bat @MaryxMelody

Mary did just jump in,. yes, and that was a problem actually. A bit too direct since I like to get a look at who I'm letting in in case there's something wonky. Had one guy once that was so much of a Mary Sue that he set himself as more or less the strongest Alicorn to ever live,w ho could bend time, space and everything with a whim. I would like to avoid RP's like that, as they make life miserable for most others.

Now then, Mary, I need some base information. We have your chars name, but what else can you tell? Some backstory, age, species, powers, things that will give us a picture of whom your char is basically. Doesn't need to be a novel though, as I do like there being some blanks that can be filled out as time goes by and some mystery of their past that can be found out through RP, but just something to work with, please. :) Especially with any potential powers. Again, Mary Sue fear. ^^

===================================================================

@Widdershins

Nerzhei does not have hair, but spikes running backwards in varying lengths and in a few row, giving the impression of slicked back *hair* in a sense. Not the same as Spike, but the base concept is there.

As for the heads, I'm not bothered. And the pyramid head thing, do know that I only know of that one from pictures I've seen circling around at times. I have no idea what game that thing is from. Dora the Explorer perhaps? :P

And when it comes to Order, I don't think we need an element of that. The harmony ones have been made, the disharmony ones are circling around now, and adding more doesn't really make sense, as that would be something like, the overlord element, and that might go a little too far. I think it's best if we try to contain it here, at least for the time being.

I am not however, disagreeing on a being wanting order, that might target the element wearers because things started to go haywire balance-wise though. Like say... If the disharmony ones all surfaced and the harmony things hadn't, as they are currently gone. A self imposed caretaker of things if you will. :)