Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@WiiGuy2014

You might need to be a bit more specific about what magic you mean. If you mean sort of like how Mickey does with the living brooms and such, that's no issues, as that's just good old fashioned witchery, but if it's a more wide range thing, I'd need to be aware of that to avoid some degree of Mary Sue. Those who can do everything tends to make things stale, so I need to be certain when it's as potentially vague as this. I hope you understand.

As long as it's not summoning any Disney character into the RP, I'm sure there's no real issues, and it will just be a matter of being certain where to place your magic before it suddenly goes from *manipulate inanimate objects* towards *creates/mind controls an army*. Being prepared is a good thing. :)

If it is summoning of Disney characters of any kind, I will have to deny that. It'll get messy.

Illusions where it seems like there is a scene from that unfolding around/behind him for a bit is acceptable though.

=============================================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

Might be they saw your char rush towards the castle where other things went on, and figured it was you leaving them be for the time being. Can't control what people decide to do, and it's fun to see the little twists and turns that makes you need to rethink things. ^_^

Which reminds me, I forgot to edit in the tossing of spells in there after all. I'll need to have a look at that after I'm done writing here in the OOC.

=========================================================================

@Dji

Let's give it a bit of time with your current char in here before tossing in another. Work on the backstory, then give it a week and I'll greenlight it. Just wanna have you be a bit more comfy in things here before we toss in another. ^^

Also, I think I might have forgotten to reply to you and @Trixie . I'll get on it. Give it an hour or so and it should be fixed. Sorry. :/

21 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@WiiGuy2014

You might need to be a bit more specific about what magic you mean. If you mean sort of like how Mickey does with the living brooms and such, that's no issues, as that's just good old fashioned witchery, but if it's a more wide range thing, I'd need to be aware of that to avoid some degree of Mary Sue. Those who can do everything tends to make things stale, so I need to be certain when it's as potentially vague as this. I hope you understand.

As long as it's not summoning any Disney character into the RP, I'm sure there's no real issues, and it will just be a matter of being certain where to place your magic before it suddenly goes from *manipulate inanimate objects* towards *creates/mind controls an army*. Being prepared is a good thing. :)

If it is summoning of Disney characters of any kind, I will have to deny that. It'll get messy.

Illusions where it seems like there is a scene from that unfolding around/behind him for a bit is acceptable though.

@Blitz Boom

Sure, I can just go with the illusion angle. He's a storyteller with a huge passion for Disney. So casting illusions to retell Disney stories for entertainment purposes should be right up his alley!

The ponies of Equestria DO have characteristics similar to the Disney characters, though. Twilight has Belle's love of books; Fluttershy has Snow White's kindness, especially with animals; Pinkie has the Genie's friendliness and sense of humor; Applejack has Tiana's hard-working ethics; and so on!

Are we getting better?

@Dji

I don't doubt the characteristics, I just really don't want to tangle with having Disney flood this place. They can get rather soft skinned at times, and I'd rather not risk it by having Dumbo fly around and stomp on ponies or something like that. Vague illusions as part of story telling should be a fine enough grey area,

So yeah, with this sorted, I stamp you as Approved. :) Now wait three weeks for your signed card, return it to me, and then a short seven months later, you can start. ^^

Kidding aside, you're free to run in now. What angel do you wanna start with? Also, this is my last respond tonight, so will be a noticeable delay before the next thing i write.

@Blitz Boom

It's cool. Also, having an NPC randomly come upon him though would be difficult sense only a few know where the tree of harmony is. So for now he is safe. Also, the ripple effect was a good idea. Spell Matrices aren't as simple as Equestrian spells seem to be.

But on that note, the wing spell used by Twilight on Rarity was what originally gave My Original Silverwing his wings. Before that he was just a gifted Unicorn with a knack for the complicated stuff. To him simple was difficult and complicated was easy. He had that nature about him. I am going to be having him come to and then collapse again in town. That should give space for NPC usage with him. He will be suffering from an almost life threatening case of magical burnout, so yeah he will need medical attention.

@Blitz Boom

Alright, I'll hold off,on the character then. That's understandable.

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Dji

I don't doubt the characteristics, I just really don't want to tangle with having Disney flood this place. They can get rather soft skinned at times, and I'd rather not risk it by having Dumbo fly around and stomp on ponies or something like that. Vague illusions as part of story telling should be a fine enough grey area,

So yeah, with this sorted, I stamp you as Approved. :) Now wait three weeks for your signed card, return it to me, and then a short seven months later, you can start. ^^

Kidding aside, you're free to run in now. What angel do you wanna start with? Also, this is my last respond tonight, so will be a noticeable delay before the next thing i write.

In this post, I think you were meant to mention @WiiGuy2014 and not me.

• Brohoof 2

Sorry about the late response, been a bit busy with work and stuffs. :blush:

@Seamore Sandwich

If you want to try and control Discord you can, wouldn't want to ruin any of your ideas after all. I don't really need to play him, just thought it might be fun and that I would be a bit helpful. Not necessarily Discord being helpful, since he's only helpful when he wants to be and stuffs :derp:

Oh and@Dji welcome to the RP! Sorry that I didn't welcome you sooner. *Hugs and gives muffins* :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@MaryxMelody

Thank you for giving us some info. :) It looks good, and I do put an Approved stamp on it, but I do have a question.

Wondering the necklace she got that made her able to morph and levitate, can you inform me if those two animals are the dragon and dog shown? Just trying to be certain.

The other thing is merely speculation, and regards if she might have some bat pony in her family tree? Might have skipped some generations, but could well explain the bat-like features she haves. Might not be the case of course, just finding it a fun little thing to speculate about. ^^

P.S. Cute drawings.

She went on a long adventure which gave her the necklace! I wrote a book on it! Its on my wattpad!

Yes, her birth dad is a vampire and her grandma was a bat pony her mom is normal, birth. Etc.

hehe, thanks xP

• Brohoof 1

@Seamore Sandwich

@Blitz Boom

@Lloyd

Aaalllrighty then. Here's what I'm thinking of doing. Warlock can take Greed. I'm more than willing to relinquish the title of Element of Betrayal to Seamore if he thinks he can do a better job at fitting something into Betrayal rather than Cruelty, then from there I can take Cruelty or Vicea Versa and I stay loyal to Disloyalty while Seamore picks up Cruelty. I leave it to you fellows which of my characters sounds like it'd be more fun/better to wedge into the story at hand. ...claw... hoof... tentacle. Whathaveyou!

Now let's see who I have to fit Cruelty...

How about a living sock puppet that is basically an analogy to Hitler?   ...too much? 'K!   (There's a reason I haven't put that one up on the site yet! Lol!)

Let's see... shadowy mind-demon-hydra-shade that's involved in my own unwritten fanfic ideas... nooo...

Ah, well there's Moot. An alternate dimension version of Widdershins. He's a lot more crippled power-wise... but he's more of a "Everything you own is at my discretion because you mean nothing to me." sort of guy, so... no. So that option is moot. Literally.

No, thinly veiled excuse to flaunt my character creation skills aside, who I really wish to present to you all as a potential bearer of Cruelty is: Bleakbeak McQuay, griffon pirate captain!

I've got a good amount of time spent on mulling him over; have a bit of him written about, but not on a proper character sheet as of yet. He's a pretty good brawler & I feel I could do justice with him in an action scene, should it call for it. And really, an Elementbearer of Cruelty should be expected to be a capable combatant, right?

The trouble is... he is technically AU. Though I, at least, shouldn't have any issues dropping him into Ponyville. Literally. I plan on his gigantic, steel-hulled ship emerging from an interdimensional tear above town and somehow managing to avoid the houses and only plow up a good stretch of road. Though the damage there can likely be mitigated. As it is night, possibly the only affect he could have on anypony not seeing his ship descend is a notable earth tremor, nothing that would wake anypony already asleep. On top of that, despite the ship's size, his First Mate can easily move the ship somewheres else out of anypony's bother & out of the story. Which brings me to the next problem.

McQuay HAS to come with at least one other character introduced. But Mangepatch can very, very easily be literally abandoned until you feel as if you need another character to bounce offa somebody new. It's a very fortuitous turn of his character, I daresay. But going back to the phrase I used of "at least." There is potentially a third member of his crew, but Bucky is rather underdeveloped and would really only serve as an annoying trial to anypony he interacts with. Unless you wanna sic a nearly feral harpy on anyone!

So, I leave it up to you three! Pudding or Beak!

...and yes. I can't do anything without showy entrances! It's in me bloood!

...I just realized I got off of stating that I had doubts about working a golem OC to adding another two OCs in its place...Well, this is why we can't have simple things!

• Brohoof 1

I think I can make betrayal work.  It actually gives me some good ideas (which I just realized I say about almost everything).  I'll use the same character, who will have their own plans, separate from everypony else's.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, and wanted to thank you @Blitz Boom for the nice set up you've given me!

I like how you indirectly corrected me by stating that Briar could only ignore Widdy's work. It had completely escaped me for the moment that he was actually blind! Hah, for the first time in a good while I was glad that I got ignored! But I can only assume that eventually Briar will notice when he walks into an end table when he's wandering about this tent! Pretty sure most don't expect furniture inside a tent! Kinda had the idea that Brittle would be up on a second floor to where Briar would have to climb stairs to get to her... which... considering how he's blind... and them stairs like as not ain't got railings... is probably more harm than good... which fits the intention of the remodel soooo well! Lol!

Also, could not have asked for a better lull in Smoke & Phoenix's conversation with which to interject my blunt draconequus!

"I am so sorry for having made you uncomfortable..."

OY! HEY! HEY STALLIONMARE! WHAT UP WIT' ALL THAT?!!?

Such a wealth of characters to interact with, eh @~Phoenix~? And yes, before you ask, I am intentionally trying to put your character on edge, but don't worry, I have good enough reigns on him to keep him & far from being intentionally offensive. Hey, have to get you to talk more, and it has to get worse before it gets better, right?

On 5/9/2017 at 2:26 PM, Blitz Boom said:

@Dji

Ummm... isn't this supposed to be for me, because it mentions Dumbo and I think you accidentally addressed Diji instead. 

Well, if it is for me, I think the best angle is for our human-turned-pony who finds himself in a strange new world to quickly learn the basic common knowledge of this world. That should be the first thing Will Guide does before he starts to see the similarities between these new ponies and the world of Disney.

I will await your reply!

Oh, and by the way @~Phoenix~, would you like the page I made for Widdershins? In case you want a better view of him?

And just an FYI, I don't mean to have Widdershins be the least bit powerful. He's quite physically frail and any mare ought be able to pick him up same as he did you. Disconcerting & strange, sure, intimidating though should fall apart pretty quickly with him!

And good to hear @Seamore Sandwich! I'll bring in my pirate for the last element (he may need a while in Ponyville before Warlock gets around to recruiting him.) and you can take Betrayal then! So who are you planning on bringing in then? Having their own plans does sound very like the Element of Betrayal!

I'll just wait for confirmation then before I bring 'im in from the other two!

Uhh... is mentioning alcohol good? I know that tends to be something they put up on the censorship rating doohickies and Bleakbeak is quite a heavy drinker...

@~Phoenix~

There ya go!

Oh, and Phoenix, wanted to add in that that's the second time now you've used the term "room." We're outside right now. Basically standing in a row between tents. So I am a bit unsure where your character is right now to have "dashed from the room."

And, well, I've noticed you think more than you speak up. Very much in your character's character of course, but... well, sometimes you need to speak up to get an idea across to a being that won't take anything else short of a blunt retort. Though I am, clearly, aiming to get you to run crying out of the scene.            ...huh, I might actually be somewhat evil.    But that's a point a little ways away from now. I'm quite certain Smokey might want some time to get a reaction in as well!

Hmm... wonder if Briar is still in the picture or if he's inside the tent now & missing the meeting going on outside it?

@Widdershins

Ah, I see yes. Sometimes I get a little confused about where precisely things are. I honestly couldn't tell if we were in a room, or a tent (or a tented room). I just immagined we were somewhere secluded. The appearence of other ponies simply added to such confusion. Though, I tried going along with it anyway. 

As for blitz. I do agree ye needs tome to get in added reaction, and that's now what we'll wait for. My idea was that all of it happened so fast that there was barely any time to react at all, before phoenix was able to get away. 

As for the character page. Thanks!

I also think @Blitz Boom should make a page for smokey to keep on record. So that I can return to it as needed

• Brohoof 1

Gosh! Sure do hear that "everything happening too fast" line often! Almost as if better improv happens when ya don't give others time to think!

Oh, and I think maybe, @~Phoenix~, that Boom keeps too many npcs around for this thread to have an entry for each of them. They do for some of their more important, older characters such as Last Stand and etcetra, but think Smokey didn't exist until you joined.

2 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Gosh! Sure do hear that "everything happening too fast" line often! Almost as if better improv happens when ya don't give others time to think!

Can't tell if thats sarcasm or not

• Brohoof 1

Everypony.

Been a long day with some changes here and there that have taken my time, so I don't have the time to finish writing the posts or respond here int he OOc tonight, sorry. :( I'll be on it tomorrow though, so hopefully you can bear with me. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@~Phoenix~

Neither can I! Think that's why I said the thing I wasn't! I'm the master of botching sarcasm! Welcome to the group! Could always use more in the gray area!

*vigorous hand shaking ensues*

4 hours ago, Dji said:

@Widdershins

Your character looks scary! Ruuuun!

Hu-WHAAAAT?!!? I swear, mortal minds these days and them complaining that an Interdimensional Eldritch Horror is some how quote "scary" unquote!

Why, bet you've never hugged a Shoggoth, have you! That's the only reason they devoured their previous owners you know!   ...I'm sure.

But do go into detail! I need to learn how to grow as a character! Why am I scary then, Mr. Represented-by-a-shadowy-reaper-guy?

Oh, and @Dji? (I'm pronouncing that as Zhee, right?) Think you might have mis-mentioned there before. Think you meant  @Twilight-Shimmer there, instead of Shineling. Though Shineling IS the Muffin Stallion around these parts so...

Huergh. Don't talk to me about tired. I've been throwing my sleep schedule way out of whack this week & on an on-and-off-again diet. Were it not for these advil pills I'd be screaming in joint pain.  I'm only hoping that I learn my lesson about habitually going to bed at four in the morning.

@Blitz Boom

An' nyo! Nyo! I refuse to bear with you! I demand attention now!  I'm gonna throw a fit and continuously barrage the screen with rotted fruit until one eventually makes its way through the internets to you!

Thank Mercy I never created him with the capacity to understand technology. You take your time Mr.Boom. I'm sure most of us wouldn't want you turning this into a job.  Mostly because we'd probably have to start paying you then!

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 2

possibly my least favorite thing about this whole roleplay is that we all have real lives :'( 

just when things get interesting for my character, i gotta wait a whole day and a half. 

it's entirely understandable, however. 

• Brohoof 1