Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

So that clears things up, and just makes Athriel one of the representers of the element, and not the current wielder.

Also, may I introduce... Drum roll Iron Wind?  Yes, another OC. Pretty much all of them are in here at this point. But this one was created yesterday, so he's an exception, technically.

@Blitz Boom

Ah, well, like I've heard before that Discord being Chaos represents the antithesis to the Harmony that our main characters embody, and possibly Celestia herself being sort of the symbol for Harmony/Order. What I'm talking about is more or less... well, more less & less more, a hypothetical. Like, if Discord is a being comprised of, and wielder of, that which is opposite of Harmony & Order, then nature would reasonably have a being both opposite but equal. Or to put it another way...

If Pinkie Pie would be the pony most likely to genuinely join Discord's cause, so long as he doesn't hurt anypony in the process, then what Twilight would be for...

But I digress. (I'm doing that alot today...)

But as I said before too, to also @Lloyd, is that I'm entirely willing to drop out of the running and take whatever slot is the last straw.

I think Deceit & Cruelty are the last ones unfilled? Think I can work around that too. If dishonesty is the same as being a pompous windbag who deludes even himself...

Can think of a few fun guys for Cruelty too that aren't full-bore murderous psychopaths. Well... I have a few of those too, but.... as I said! I'll take whatever's last!

(edited)

@Blitz Boom, @Maple Bat, @MaryxMelody,

Mary, something to work with here in OOC, would help out a lot.

Also, what's happening to Cosmic is, that because he hasn't truly attuned to his form and his magical understanding isn't very good,  he is losing his form for a while and his power, which I informed Blitz in PM about, is about to go through a surge or go out of control. He is moving away from Ponyville so that the side effects of out of control magic doesn't bother the ponies and creatures of Ponyville.

As for what happens, when his power goes out of control, I leave that up to @Blitz Boom.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@Lloyd

With the elements hidden away, the more correct way really would be to think that there is no current wielders. Warlock isn't a wilder either by this definition, just some guy who once had a element in his grasp. :)

As for Iron, I do have a few questions. Starting with exactly what his wings are made out of, as pure, dense metal would likely crush his spine considering Pegasi's lighter bones. I figure it's some kind of light weight metal, but I just wanna know for certain. :) Also, I guess they will still work with the regular muscles in his wings by being attached at the base where a bit of stump still are to connect them better, and then magic reasons for why he can move them effectively, yes? Might just be what I'm reading into it though, and not really a worry that one. Just curiosity. ^^

I'd like to ask about his ranking up into the army though. I think generals require a mind that's not just brawn, but also tactical, and I don't see mentions of that in his story. Might be a between the line thing, but still wondering about that.

Which reminds me, I have set a couple of NPC's up for being the generals as it is, but I can have the Solar Guard one being replaced. Did mention he was a veteran, so might be it's time for him to retire. Would give you an intro place into the RP too, where you met the Night Guard general, though this is just a suggestion based on what have been written in the RP thus far. :) Also could help explain his quick promotion, as the current general saw more promise in this relative newcomer than most others yearning for his spot.

==============================================================

@Widdershins

As it stands, Cruelty is the last one standing actually. A bit hard to put into an RP that's not supposed to go 18+, but I'm sure you can find some sort of balance in this. :)

Also, the opposite of Discord is essentially Celestia. She is order, as the ruling monarch in Equestria (Even with Luna back, she still likely have seniority in this) which is a harmonic nation, and Twilight is already following her. She fits your criteria, at least from what I have understood of it. ^_^

==================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

Actually mate, it's not up to me to decide what happens when his magic goes haywire. I'm just supposed to break in if you force through that it hurt other's OC's without asking them or giving them a chance to dodge things (As an example, write *A blast burst out of him, hurling force towards the mare he had just spoken to* rather than *A blast headed towards the mare, hurling her twenty feet away*) unless it's your npc, then feel free to do what you want, long as it's not too gory.

You're free to mess around with NPC's no worries just for the record, long as it's your own, like a shopkeeper, hapless bystander, unfortunate mime, or something else. :P

@Dji

Most of the RP is actually centered in Ponyville, not that many things outside of town all things considered.

And the OC I mentioned, Null, is currently where the majority of the waking ponies in Ponyville is right now (if you don't count the ones covering in their houses from the dragon roaring earlier) which is at an outdoor food court, set up to keep the workers mending Ponyville fed. Go there, you'll find her, and a good deal of others. :)

And for the record, I can't really limit things to being forced to follow one, narrow storyline here, so it can look a bit messy if you try to look at everything instead of just the parts around you. This RP have been kinda freeform for a while now, and I don't really see a point in leashing people now. ^^

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Oh, cool. I had Dawn walking in the park but I had no idea about the dragon roar or anything else. Maybe I should've asked what's actually happening before I posted. Whoops.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Hm... That thing you mentioned to Midnight Aurora, does that mean the thing I did to Chow using Warlock was a god mod thing? Should I rewrite my post to fix it? I don't want to overpower characters with overpowered characters If I'm not supposed to.

And Iron Wind's wings are mostly magical, which helps them be light while still tough and hard to break or bend. I'd assume it's enchanted metal, possible a usually flimsy but light metal, enchanted to be stiffer. Magic and all that, I'll also tweak his backstory a bit to explain his promotion to general a bit more, made it was the amount of studying he did for the possibility for the position.

Edited by Lloyd

@Lloyd

No, I approve of what you did. It was pretty much what we had written towards doing. It was either this or he just went there and pinned him right there and then. Would've been bad if you had taken one of the other players who wasn't in for this along with you, but that didn't happen. :) Besides, you didn't control what he was thinking, or what Chow did, you just abducted him. So you didn't control my char which makes it better when we combine it with what was essentially half-planned here.

As for Iron, it sounds grand then. Wings explained helps my curious side, and a bit on studying works well too regarding his promotion. Approved. ^_^ You can think on what I said about replacing the other general as an opener if you will. Otherwise I will just mess around with things and have him as somepony that had come visiting his friend from the Night Guard and got dragged into things until you come around. Or something else really, just the thought of the top of my head.

@Blitz Boom

Just thought to give a heads up but Cosmic is instinctively heading for near warlock's current location near the castle. So yeah. If his power does blow it may be directed towards Warlock. And an Infinite Spell Matrix isn't your normal run of the mill complex spell type.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Midnight_Aurora 

Well, sounds like we have an epic battle awaiting with powerful ponies (Plus Chow, who literally knows no powerful magic at all) fighting one Warlock, and one Witch, depending which side Cosmic is on. It's a wonder how Warlock could possibly still expect a victory at this point. 

@Blitz Boom

Oh good, I was just making sure. Abducting an OC is kind of a grey area when it comes to that thinking about it, but as long as you're okay with it I'll leave my post alone.

For Iron Wind you could do both too... Having him replace a general, while then having his friend night guard dragging him into the story thing. but if that is not possible, I'll go with the replacing the General route, which would drag him in anyways after Golden would have to tell him the situation. Also, I should note a change I made to his name just now, Iron Wing, he earned the nickname while he was a wonderbolt after he got his metal wings, you can tell why. He kept the nickname even after he left though. I felt it fit him, I also wanted to do this anyways, but I forgot...

Edited by Lloyd

@Blitz Boom, @Lloyd, @All that apply,

What just happened was a magic surge of pent up magical power.

This has left Cosmic weakened for the moment but on sacred grounds. The Tree of Harmony being something Nopony knows the power if but the bearers of course.

The felt pulse is a disturbance in the natural order of magic. It registers as both Harmonic and Chaotic. When Cosmic placed his left forehand on the tree, that's when the final release of pent up magic happened. Channeled by the grounded Tree of Harmony the magic could do no harm and the disturbance and Harmless Magic Explosion were the only result.

The matrices targeting the two are more offensive spell Matrices of an ancient elemental art. An art called Elementalist or the power to command the very basic elements themselves as attacks. One for each basic element was launched. I don't believe warlock's defenses were prepared to take on wild elemental magic.

As a final note. This was all part of a massive magic surge from within Cosmic. He will not be in anyway capable of this amount of simultaneous casting until he fully awakens his sleeping power.

19 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

unfortunate mime,

We can maim MIMES here?!!? Best! Rp thread! EVAH!! Quick! Somebeing fetch me a mimepony to slap into pudding! Likely literally!

@Blitz Boom & @Lloyd

Ah, I'm not entirely sure where I stand in the rankings here. I suppose, initially, I was enamored by the image of Lloyd's evilly magicy guy riding on the shoulder of my golem into battle. Buuut, now I'm kinda wavering at my confidence to properly rp a 50 foot giant, hee.:lie: Kind of lost as to how you plan to get to him, or what outcomes will happen but I suppose that's all minor trivia we don't as of yet have to get to. Do think I could manage an entirely PG take of Cruelty, but suppose the issue there is I do doubt I could work two elementbearers in addition to who I already am working.

You guys wanna hear my vote for Element of Cruelty?

(edited)

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

Well, there's not much stopping your OC from just standing up, and walking around bit, either that or you can occupy yourself with your other OCs while you wait for Warlock to find Puddin Tame.

Also, what keeps the Element of Cruelty from being PG? Just do the corrupted fluttershy route and have the character insult literally everyone. That's cruel too, unless you imagined them beating up everyone, which would be borderline PG.

Edited by Lloyd

@ whomever it may concern 

I see some talk about an inverted version of the Elements of Harmony, and I'm slightly interested.  I haven't been paying much attention, but I do have a character working on some really dark magic, if the element of dark magic isn't covered yet.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Can my OC, Will Guide, be introduced?

If his backstory is too much detailed,  I could just have him arrive in Ponyville with his memories and Cutie Mark. He's basically exploring this new world he has found himself in.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

@Blitz Boom   Just a quick heads-up, do think you mis-mentioned me in your last post. I... do think, that maybe it was intended for Seamore, but regardless I think it was for somebody you were already mentioning.

Oh, and maybe I shoulda chirped in about my last post is that you could have easily handed anything to Kozaky and he would have trotted back to his master like a cat with a dead bird.

But, think I've got a good idea for a simple twist though now.

I'll, uh... get around to posting sometime soon. For some reason or another it always like its one in the morning whenever I get on here lately!

@Midnight_Aurora

Sounds good and fine. :) I'll have to edit my post slightly to account for something getting destroyed of the castle from the magic, but it's no biggie. Haven't posted it yet after all. ^_^

As for the magic having boiled up then exploded, and how he'll need to find his true power to get it going that far again, that is also good. Nothing destructive, some degree of magical ripple (what I refer to it as) that could be felt by bearers and those near the area, and a battery that's running low now. All seems great to me. ^^

Do you need someone to go check up on him by the way? I have a few NPC's in my back pocket I can make use of in case that is.

==========================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

I am not entirely sure what's left, but ask @Lloyd and he'll go over it with you. He's the mind behind the idea popping up to start with. ^_^

I know Deceit is taken, same with Depression, Dark Magic, Cruelty, and Greed. I think that leaves... Betrayal, but he can tell you for certain. Betraying others can be pretty evil and cruel too, so might work, though you can speak Cruelty with @Widdershins if you wanna negotiate it with him. I'm sure you crazy kids can get along well. ^^

========================================================================

@MaryxMelody

Thank you for giving us some info. :) It looks good, and I do put an Approved stamp on it, but I do have a question.

Wondering the necklace she got that made her able to morph and levitate, can you inform me if those two animals are the dragon and dog shown? Just trying to be certain.

The other thing is merely speculation, and regards if she might have some bat pony in her family tree? Might have skipped some generations, but could well explain the bat-like features she haves. Might not be the case of course, just finding it a fun little thing to speculate about. ^^

P.S. Cute drawings.

================================================================

@Lloyd

Yes, I will add it at the end of my post, where the current generals are going over things, with Morning Dew then having to break it to Midnight Screecher when they have gone over the most important things and set things in motion regarding the guards.

=================================================================

@Widdershins

Sorry, sometimes I get rushed and confused, I'll try to keep the tagging more in line in the future. :) Thanks for letting me know.

As for the Cruelty vote, speak with @Seamore Sandwich about that perhaps if you have some doubts about what to do with it. Might be you two could switch if it is easier for you that way, with the PG thing needed for cruelty and all.

Also, stop squashing mimes you crazy lad. You bake them, or the flavor just seeps out of them. :)

====================================================================

@WiiGuy2014

Good to have your attention here mate. :) I think we need to go over a few things though before I can stamp you as approved, since there is a few iffy things with this. (Not the gay part. I could care less about that, long as there's no explicit talk or descriptions, though that counts for all)

First off, a new element of harmony would not really be possible, as there have always only been six in Equestria from the stories, and one just being created would cause a substantial balance issue, and might be a bit much to swallow lore-wise.

I don't go against you having an artifact that you refer to as an element, and it just being a magical fountain of some kind, but an element specifically it unfortunately can't be. Still plenty that can be done with just a magical artifact though, long as it doesn't go into Mary Sue teritory.

As for the backstory, it's fine, though I would like to keep Disney Villains invading Equestria out of this. Them pouring through a rift and starting to take over the human, non-EG world isn't an issue, but having them suddenly pour into this one as well is just going to bve a mess of proportions.

I'm sure we can find out something with that which can make us both happy though. An idea could be that they attacked, he tried to play hero and got blasted through the dimensions for his trouble. The impact of hitting Equestria and the blast have given him amnesia, as well as a lingering magic that condensed itself into the artifact you mentioned before he woke up. It'd be your source of magic, and a thing unique to you. Something which he might think of as an element upon hearing what those things are in this world.

Humans in Equestria ain't an issue either, just for the record. Be advised that you will get a lot of gawking though. :) Potentially, you can have it both ways, and part of his magic from the artifact includes being able to change between human and pony form. He can start with pony to begin with if it is, then as he learns more of himself over time and experiments with his magic, he finds that he haves another form. Just a suggestion though.

Could also be what you wrote, and it was perhaps simply his consciousness that got thrown throughout the worlds and ended in Equestria, where the world and the lingering magic from the attack gave him form. When he learns to control that a bit, that's when he can switch between which part of his split life is up and running? Several options really.

Also, if this is his first time to Equestria, and he haves no memories, him meeting Cadence and such haven't happened yet, right? Or is Will entering the RP after having been around for a handful of years, and gotten more control over himself, but only limited memories of his former self?

I think that was about it. Once we get everything sorted, we'll see where we can put you in among us, or have you start a bit to the side to ease things. ^^

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The backstory was actually stuff from a potential series of fanfics I was thinking of writing over the past few years. Not so much what happens BEFORE his story begins as much as it is about what's been happening DURING his visits to Equestria.

It's a little annoying though that most of the information fields (age, race, apperance) for his Character page were scrunched up into one paragraph, but I digress.

I could take most of his backstory off his page to make things simpler, if that helps.

I have more to ask about the things you told me, but I don't have time right now. Be patient and I'll quote and reply to your concerns in the near future!

@Blitz Boom

I can hold off on bringing another OC in if you want me to, but this one is Dawn's long lost/unknown sister, Aurora. I haven't done a character profile yet, but I can link it whenever I do happen to do it if that helps?

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

I had though that the other two would have gotten the hint. But we all have a story we are trying to tell involving our OCs.

Besides, those two wouldn't have been able to keep up with his magically enhanced form.

More spells were used but only those were seen. There is also Random Spell Matrices, where they were, that didn't get used. They have spells in them but weren't magically powered. One has gotta love one time use Spell Matrices. Only when powered will those Matrices actibate the spells within. Also, there is a reason for the now Winged Unicorn form. Now because of the power of the Location of Power called The Tree of Harmony. His form count now is three. The tree awoke that form as part of the final release. And that form is maintainable without the need for magic. It also gives him a vent focus for magic build up. This way it doesn't happen again.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@Blitz Boom

Updated my Character Page.

Okay, I've taken out most of his backstory. That made things simpler, right?

If it's allowed, I still want his main ability to be recreating Disney Magic especially when he retells the classic animated films in stage-like form.

Some of the ideas you gave me were nice ideas, but I'm not seeing how it would work in your RP.

Let me know your thoughts! I'll await your reply.