Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"I'll just stick to an apple, thanks."

Lance took up one of the red fruits and bit down. He figured one apple won't cost too much, though what worried him was if Berry took too much and he couldn't pay for it all. That would be the worst.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Okay, so... This had gone better than he expected, before turning to becoming one of the most terrifying things he could imagine.

On the plus side, the fishing had gone pretty well. Blood were apparently one of the lucky fishers who got something on the hook often, and even he managed to catch some and slide towards her. It felt horrible to be part of ending a life like this, but he had to chose between these and his fellow ponies, and even without being a guard, he couldn't choose an animal.

Then on the bad part... He wasn't entirely sure, but it had sounded like the monster mare was hitting on him, and quite honestly, he'd rather tongue a cactus than so much as touch her. She was an evil creature who sounded like she had lives on her consciousness, and he wasn't even sure if she had one of those, considering how little life seemed to matter to her.

Then for some reason, she had fallen asleep pretty much next to him, though he moved several steps away. As mentioned, he did not want to touch her, and have her infect him with whatever he were sure she carried. Or gnawing on him in her sleep for that matter. He needed his legs, not a stump with bite marks.

So now he were here, with an evil creature, bound to serve in whatever was he were ordered to, and no idea what to do with himself.

So he just stood there, silently, and waited until something happened, even if that took hours.

*sigh* He missed the good old times where he only had to worry about the forepony killing him... Life seemed much kinder then.

Blood Drops snorted and woke herself up after about half a hour of dozing, she blinked trying to remember the dream she had, though she couldn't quite remember it. She blinked and looked over at Sloppy "Sloppy get your mare-friend a snack, shes hungry" I remarked to my servant letting out a yawn. I then shook myself and rose up before going over to sloppy and trying to give him a kiss.

Blood had woken up in a flirting mood, no that there was anything wrong with that. 

• Brohoof 2

@Moonlit & @Blitz Boom & @Seamore Sandwich

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight took a couple steps back from the sudden protectiveness of Last Stand. While she could very well protect herself, it was a kind gesture from a pony she had just met. Twilight looked over Last’s shoulder and blinked at the smal creature with the rude gestures. She was about to say something but stopped and blinked at hearing a somewhat familiar melodic tone. “A Siren?” Twilight asked out loud as she tilted her head. “But that’s ... Sirens shouldn’t be around here.”

• Brohoof 3

@Blitz Boom 

although Phoenix didn't want to admit it, getting everything out like she had just done felt... good. it was almost as if a great pressure had been relieved. although she'd be hard pressed to talk about it more, doing so in the future might not be such a terrible idea. although half of her mind still wanted to deny it, she knew she felt something towards Smokey, or was beginning to at the very least. heck, she might have spoken up about it right then and there if Grim weren't around. although he seemed very trustworthy, she might prefer if it were just between Smokey and herself. for now, she would just go along with things. 

when the tray of various fruits was placed in front of her, she cocked her head a bit in curiosity. she were able to find some wild fruits in the woods, for sure, but never has she seen or even heard of many of the fruits that were currently in front of her. she was almost tempted to ditch whatever smokey was trying to tell her and just go at it like an animal, but she knew that these fruits were probably not easy to come by, and she should probably taste them one by one to get familiar with it, instead of a rude cacophony of flavors if she were to just shove half a dozen of them at once into her maw. 

she took them in the precise order that Smokey had instructed, making sure to begin with the right one. she really couldn't put any names on any of the small cubes of fruit, so she merely followed Smokey's lead. a royal blue aura surrounded the cubes of strawberry and banana, carrying them right to Phoenix's muzzle. she gently began to chew on them, letting the boldness of the strawberry and the subtlety of the banana dance around each other in her mouth. how dare she never have heard of these fruits before? they were simply divine! she only wished she could have had more. but then again, she did. her brief remorse over having no more strawberry and banana was quickly replaced by excitement with the fact that there were more unheard of fruits right in front of her! 

her mood appeared to brighten immediately as she moved on to the next bit of fruit. eventually, and without any care for consequence, Phoenix began to eat them in whichever order she desired, simply going towards whichever one caught her eye next. some of them appeared to please her, while others caused her to seem a tad confused, as if she were unsure whether or not she enjoyed it. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins @Foxy Socks

Rainbowdash released her arm from around Foxy, and stood in front of her "so i guess we're just hanging out here for a while, yeah?" she said casually as she found a nearby seat and made herself comfortable, stretching her wings a bit before she folded them back at her sides. she knew that Rarity was probably a bit busy, but she had no issues with waiting around a bit for her friend. after all, Foxy seemed like she would enjoy it a little if she stuck around. "So then, Foxy... tell me a bit about yourself" she said with an awkward smile, trying ever so vigilantly to begin a conversation. 

Edited by ~Phoenix~
  • Brohoof 3

@Blitz Boom @Shineling

Lin sighed once more in disappointment, this time making it more apparent. Sen walked toward Clayton and the Refraction to monitor their progress, hoping another solution would come to him at that instant. The former took this moment to reassess anything that could've interfered with this magic not working properly. She went into the mine, got Omen out minus a piece of her that was broken off and left behind, and she was released from her crystalline casing. This didn't seem to add up to what she's noticing right that moment. She was quiet, much more so now that she took a look further back to their first instance entering the mines, or the first time getting out. 

She looked to her brother and called out in a stern voice. "Sen, you told Discord to use his magic to get the rest of the ponies out of the mine, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I did." Sen firmly replied. 

"You knew no to do that! And you did it anyway?! What were you thinking?!" Lin marched up to her brother and looked at him straight in the eyes, confronting him over his previous actions. For a moment, she might have had something figured out but given how she might have come to that conclusion, she felt her anger building up. 

"What does this have to do with Omen?"

"You nearly got me and Clayton trapped in there! If we were, then getting Omen's body out of the mines would be the only thing left. You couldn't wake her up and we'd be stuck here trying to figure out how to solve a problem that didn't need to happen! You nearly jeopardized all of our efforts because of your short-sighted thinking!"

Two continued to argue, their voices growing louder until they didn't notice anything else around and near them. At that moment, Clayton and his friends, Discord.... they didn't seem to be there. And certainly, they missed the twitching from Omen's leg. 

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta

Discord, having been keeping an eye on Omen, did not miss the twitchy leg. "Hmm..." Discord hummed to himself and began keeping a closer eye on Omen with a pair of opera glasses made from milk chocolate. He was quickly forced to just keep a normal eye on her again, however, after eating said opera glasses.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins @~Phoenix~

"Well... I love animals... You know Fluttershy right? It's the same thing. My favorite animals are foxes, and are my main focus. As you can see... I kind of resemble one myself..." Foxy started, her nervousness fading as she went on. "...I'm a simple pony. I study and help animals, it's my job, and I love it. Recently I met a few new ponies, Briar and Brittle, along with Anomaly, who isn't 'here' right now. I came here to have something repaired, and then while waiting we met you."

She continued, "They may not be ponies you see everyday, but they are kind. I am different myself of course, mostly in looks." Foxy hadn't ever worried about her looks, though she wondered what others think of her at times.

• Brohoof 2

@Windchime

Light Rain mentally face-hoofed when Avabella just kind of believed the lie without any suspicions. She had even mentioned the heavy weightlifting! That decided it. Whatever Light Rain did from now on, she wasn't ever going to get caught. Ponies were not looking out for lies, not even a little bit. If Avabella believed that she was a delivery pony, then she could lie her way out of anything.

When Avabella asked her if she wanted more tea, she accepted almost immediately with a quick "Oh! Yes please!". Maybe that came over as a little too eager for something as simple as a cup of tea, but it wasn't like Avabella was going to read too much into it. Plus, the tea was really good. It had hints of the taste of love in it, which was very nice, even though it didn't actually fill her up at all.

So now that she knew that there was 0 chance of getting caught, she could get a little riskier with her questions. Once she had gotten her next cup of tea, she asked "So, uh, what's the public opinion on changelings, and in what direction is it moving right now?". She noticed that talking was a lot easier when she didn't risk discovery if she chose one wrong word. Plus, Avabella didn't seem like the judging type. Maybe she was, but it was nicer to pretend she wasn't.

• Brohoof 2

@Foxy Socks @~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

"In our band, she is considered the pretty one."

Briar chuckled a little to himself. He knew he had decided not to interfere, but him and Brittle - who seemed to be cautiously focused on Rainbow - had been mentioned, so he thought that perhaps it would be acceptable to jest a little about things. He had heard mentions of colt-bands before that had phrases about them similar to what he had said, and though he knew that they had no colts technically in their entourage, it had seemed like an appropriate comment for him in the moment. Hopefully it would be okay.

He didn't have time to say more though, as the door started to creak open, and a frustrated stallion's voice broke into things.

"Ouch, stop it, I- Auw, Opened up. Get in- Bloody hay! Get inside you monst- Ow ow ow!"

Whoever it were, seemed to be continuously hit by something that caused the outbursts of pain, including at the end, when something rapidly went at him as he were trying to call out his attacker. Whimpering and moans could be heard after, but it may well be drowned out by the sound of flapping wings, as Agni pushed herself in through the door opening and with a screech,announced to her company that she were here. Much to the dismay of Briar's sensitive ears, and Brittle's anxieties, that caused her to make a panicked transformation into something resembling a soaked pillow with teeth.

The young phoenix had left the lot of them for a short while to go rest without the noise of ponies around her constantly, and had woken up not too long ago, and went looking for Foxy. She had found her just as her and the others had gone into Rarity's shop, and had almost hit the door as her hurry to try to get in before the door locked.

She had attempted to just set fire to the door to pass through, but Zhu's spell had left her severely drained, and she couldn't must more than a few weak embers that did nothing against the door. She had then tried clawing, looking for open windows etc. - she had missed Rainbow's attempt to enter as she were behind the house at the time - and had eventually come back here, and saw a stallion standing around and looking for somepony.

She had not been too kind to him. She had clawed into his mane and pulled the surprised pony towards the door, then screeched and hacking him in the head with her beak to make him open it, which he had, though not before getting quite a battering to his scalp.

She didn't care though. She had found who she were looking for, and after her outburst, she would seek to land on the mare's head once more, and look around her with a general look of irritation. It had not been a fun day for the bird, and she might well end up pecking anypony who would get too close to her without caution.

=========================================================================================================

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

Whilst Sen and Lin were arguing, Omen would slowly begin to twitch a few more times, whilst the light came back into her pale eyes.

After a few minutes, she would raise her head and look confused around herself, and at everything that went on, before settling on her master. Discord being here seemed really weird, but that wasn't why her focus was on him over the others. It was just that with everything that had happened, she weren't sure what to think or say, or what was going on right now, and her base instinct told her to question her master.

Her curious, confused glance was not followed by words, but just silence as she also started to rise up. It gave off a little sound, but so did the next miner who got freed from his crystal prison, and the Refraction's outburst of energy upwards. It was entirely possible that Sen and Lin didn't even notice she had gotten back on her hooves, just like the unnamed, scaled creature hadn't. It just went on to the next miner, whilst Clayton kept his focus on who had gotten loose. Another old friend from a time past, who had questions and worries about what was going on, just like the other two had had.

Back on her hooves, Omen would keep her unblinking gaze on Discord, and silently stare at him, looking for answers from the one who had given her form and taken her into this world all of those years ago. It might be that she had declined coming back into his service as a full time servant when they had found him not too long ago, but that did not mean that his opinion was nothing to her. He were still her master, and in a time of need, the second one she would seek answers from. The first being Mother, but Discord was here, and Mother wasn't,, so she went with him first.

====================================================================================================

@~Phoenix~

Now, that was more like it.

Grim smiled to himself as he looked at the two youngsters, going through the fruits in their own order and tempo, but at least doing it together, whilst SMokey tried to tell her what the different things she was eating was. He was getting slow in it, as she were going through the plate quickly, though he still had the time to pick up if he kept talking. Plus, this gave Grim the time he needed to finish the dish.

He could smell it just as it were done. It might not be the fancy feasts that Smokey sometimes enjoyed, but Grim was his butler, not his regular cook. That one had to be called in and given some prep time for something extraordinary. Him on the other hoof, would make a good, homely meal instead. Originally he had made a double ration so that he could sit with and have a talk with Smokey on how his latest escapades had gone, but with Phoenix joining in, he would wait. It were better to get these two fed, especially when you looked how ravenous she were right now.

Picking some bowls in the nearby cabinet, Grim turned off the stove and poured the rich stew into the two, before cracking some garlic bread into two, large pieces, and add gently to the top of the bowl. It rested well against the edge, without a current look of tipping over, so that was good. Doubly so if Phoenix did not have any nut allergies. If so, this meal could end up becoming a nightmare rather than a boon.

"If I may interrupt, here you go."

He put down the bowls and a couple of spoons just as Smokey were starting to try and explain why they had passion fruit in the garden - basically, Rose were good at what she did. He then took the plated of the two of them, and slowly slid them away, just in case the young lady wished to take something more from it before he got it completely out of sight.

After depositing them near the sink, he would go back and pull out the Cherry Wine from before, top the two's glasses off, and then give them both a bow before leaving the room. The last thing he would utter were "Hope you enjoy" before he were out and had closed the door, finally leaving both of them alone.

"Huh, and here I thought he would stay in case we needed him. Perhaps he wanted us to have a moment for ourselves, hmm?"

Smokey looked at Phoenix with a somewhat entranced look in his eyes. It was clear that he certainly didn't mind having some alone time with Phoenix. It were not the romantic dinner he had thought about inviting her to when he were in the shower, but every journey of a thousand miles, would start with a single step. Perhaps in due time, he would reach the goal, and have her join him at an extravagant restaurant wearing a stunning dress. Candle light would illuminate her face, making her yes sparkle even more as they met eachother's stare...

A dreamy look went over Smokey's eyes, as he thought further on the dream night that he had imagined earlier. He'd look a little stupid doing this honestly, but the only one here who could wipe the goofy grin off his face were currently in front of him, and who knew what - if anything - she would do to interfere with his little dream scenario.

=====================================================================================================

@Moonlit @Dji @Seamore Sandwich

Siren.

It would be a joke to say that where she came from, they were highly educated. With having to spend most of their life fighting, many generations of Last's family, and every other one at the shrine, they mostly only had basics. Math helped with calculating their supplies, shots fired versus remained, etc. Reading and writing was good for marking maps, finding weapons int he right areas, and so on and so forth. They knew basically what they could include to survive, with little to no time for stories and foal-friendly entertainment.

However, they did get read goodnight stories at the early ages, and among those, a good deal tended to be about strife, fighting, and the glory of the throne. One of those tales so happened to be about the Siren sisters, which were one of the more popular stories actually. parents usually found it a good tale to teach their young ones about a need to control their anger, and not fight with one another if it wasn't friendly, and the foals liked it because of the pictures and giant monsters.

Eventually, they wouldn't be near a book again unless they ended up reading it for their own foals, and the memories would be all they had to go by. Which unfortunately for Serenade, were still fresh enough in last's mind to know what to think of the melodic creature.

"I will not let you leave, monster. Ponyville have suffered enough without having to face the likes of you."

Adrenaline pumped through her veins, making it hard to try and calm herself, but she had to try the hardest she could. If she had to face the creature, she couldn't be allowed to use her own emotions against her, and then feed on the rubble as she did something stupid. She had to focus here if she were to keep the princess safe, and regardless of how little this seemed to affect Twilight Sparkle, she would take this deadly serious.

It might be that the attack on town had forced Last to rethink some things that she had thought about Changelings, considering how helpful they had been, but Sirens were another deal, and if Serenade would try and swim away, Last would throw caution to the wind and strike first. She would not be allowed near Ponyville unless the princess approved of it, and what would the odds be of that?

Serenade might want to get to the surface soon though, regardless. It might be that having them see the injured Zegasus on her back would be bad, but then again, so would it be to have Ziggy drown. It might be that the Mimic and Siren were able to breathe underwater, but she certainly couldn't.

=====================================================================================================

@BloodDrops

Nonononono, not in a million years, no.

That was the thoughts going through Slappy's head as he backed down from her approach and scrambled to keep on his hooves.

"I-I-I will get you a snack, r-right away. There's still s-some fish and... I-I saw different f-fruit earlier. I will be b-back in a few minutes. i s-swear."

With that stammering excuse, he ran off towards Ponyville as quickly as he could, feeling almost as pale as he had when he thought that the sickly mare had killed the shop keeper. Quite the sight for the citizens, but nothing they would remark about to his face so far, as he sped past them, went over to the food stand and bumped into a mare in his haste of grabbing two apples and a banana.

He didn't think of apologizing as he sped off again, back towards Blood before she would follow him into town again. This place was packed about now, and if she went in here, she might end up eating somepony. That was a horrible thought, though a second one about her cannibalistic lips touching him started to come in as a close second. Brrr, just the thought alone made him shiver down to his bones.

===========================================================================================

@genessee

"Geez, what got his chains rattling?"

Berry had dropped her apple sandwich when the young guard had hit her with quite the bit of speed behind him, and then run off again, looking like he had seen a ghost. She still picked up her sandwich and just brushed it off a little before continuing to eat it, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but still, rude.

"He's lucky the food's free at the parlor during the rebuilding, or he'd be in a world of trouble with his captain."

Getting a bit of earth in her muzzle stopped her chewing for a moment, before she shrugged and went back to it. It still tasted good, and a bi of dirt didn't hurt you. Not from around here anyway. Now, fourteen point 3 meters down though? Oh boy, what one was different.

================================================================================================

@The Resident Brony

"Her words are madness, and her sermons will make your very being scream as it grows darker. And that is if she doesn't just kill you, which she may well do, considering her distaste for regular mortals.

I've known demons that could not bear the evil she could infect with words alone, and you? You are too pure, even with a little blood on your hooves.If death won't be your fate, she may just take enjoyment in making you as vile as could be, and force you to join her flock."

Vivid clutched her chest and gnashed her teeth, before looking at him with a more pleading, heartfelt look mixing in with the anger and worry.

"You have no idea what it's like to have a dark soul, or to feel it be twisted and burned in unholy fire. I do. I was... One of my former masters were the former ruler of the Veil. He imbued me with power from there, and I know how it can corrupt, and tear you into pieces, until evil starts to become enjoyable to you. The Bishop is far worse than he is, and her mastery greater. Your core will drown in madness, and you will kill indiscriminately with joy in your heart.

So please, for the love of everything, learn from somepony who knows at least a little of the process, and the one behind it. Don't seek her out, and don't think she can be brought to justice. The only justice in Hell, have been sleeping for a long, long time."

She would move again after that, wanting to get out of here, and if the Alicorn were smart, he would heed her warning this time, and toss away the idea of speaking with the Bishop.

Instead, perhaps he might bite notice in something she said. Specifically, how she knew what it was like to go through the corruption, and feel joy in being evil. What might she have done, that she knew that, and seemed to be so distraught over the thought of another pony going through it?

• Brohoof 3

@Dji @Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich "Oh Ponyfeathers♪" Serenade looks at the pair, before quickly looking around. She sighs, "Luna forgive me♪" With all her strength she leaps onto the far bank. Both Last and Princess Twilight see an adult Siren with the creature and an injured Pegasi on her back, the area bathed in the blue glow of her bio-luminescent scales. "as I said earlier, I mean neither you nor Princess Sparkle any harm, allow me to take Zi..this Pegasi to the hospital and I will be on my way♪". She really hoped she didn't have to fight, especially against the Princess of Friendship. 

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Astral nodded as she walked with Chow. "Might be able to get more things seen if we walk slower." She said with a smile. Seeming more cheerful as the worry of Sapphire slipped away.  "Or we can just book it if things get dire, again."

===================================================================================================

Warlocked closed his eyes, standing still as Athriel sliced at the vines, he sighed, despite how close he was, being able to sense the element was still impossible. He could only sense his own element, along with depression. His temptation to draw magic out of the temple grew. He lifted a hoof and tried to extract magic from the temple, hopefully magic that might be holding the element away. Or even the near limitless magic from the element itself. Digging deep for the magic, any magic he could find, any tiny miniscule spells, he'd take. "Whichever element it is, we'll need it."

===================================================================================================
Iron Wing paused his steps at Zhu's talking. "There's many times I've hurt innocent ponies for the greater good." He continued walking, the feather never getting closer to Zhu, but just lingering there. "Something a guard or general does often." As he guided Zhu with his feather, he spent his time walking, recalling the times he hurt ponies when Chrysalis was banished the first time, fearing a changeling managed to survive the force field that banished them. But that fear was long gone now, just a worry that he may need to do it again with Nectar, or Chrysalis.

Eventually guiding Zhu to a guard at the dungeon, who seemed to wear armor, of a different enchantment, seeming to be an attempt to recreate nullification magic, although wouldn't do any good against large amounts of magic. His helmet seeming very Viking like in its design, except the horns went downwards, moving close to the helmet at the end. He held a trident in his hoof, lifting his armored head to look at Zhu. "An unlikely prisoner." He said, glancing at Iron Wing. "What brings him here?"

"He assaulted two guards."

He lowered his head and shook it. "Shame, hope they can recover." He opened the door, guiding the two towards a cell, with border of the cell having the same nullification enchantment as his own armor. "So you're a general now?" He asked, opening the cell and guiding Zhu in with his trident. "Was this recent?" Iron Wing nodded. "I see. Guards must've been to busy to notify me." He said, closing the cell once Zhu got inside, making sure to lock it. "Such a position being put on you so soon would weigh anypony down with the need to keep that position in a positive light." He said, looking to Wing. "Hopefully you will do good in the position."

He smiled a little, looking to the cell, seeing his feather still near Zhu. "Oh almost forgot about that." His feather flew through the bars of the jail cell, going back into his wing. "Well got to go and notify Dew about this guy."

The guard nodded, looking to Zhu briefly. With knowing eyes, He'd seen Zhu before, perhaps even spoke to him. But he didn't dwell on that too long before he walked to his position at the dungeon entrance.
Francis looked to her and giggled at her little joke, while Nectar nodded. "Glad to hear we were able to help." Scars on her body started to heal more, along with some small cuts, a process certainly visible to the two ponies.

Francis wasn't sure about feeding on a pony, it was still going to just be him opening his mouth and sucking out the love, which would drain the mare, and of course, transforming into a reformed changeling wouldn't go well in his condition. He'd likely float up with the broken legs and everything, but he'd come out completely healed as a plus. Although he would have a very odd color scheme. On of his wings fluttered as a tear down them pulled together, healing completely, repairing his wing with no scars, another cut on his leg pulled together and healed in a similar manner. But the bandage over it would cover the process up. He wasn't feeding like usual this time, he was sharing the love much like the other changelings would. "Well I wouldn't mind a pie later." He said with a smile.  "Do you make pie?" He asked, tilting his head.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

as Phoenix continued eating all of the fruits, the thoughts were still swirling around in her mind. it wasn't something that was easy to come to terms with, but after spending a lot of time with him, she was most definitely growing attached. she could see herself traveling with him more, and joining him on his adventures. it would be a lot more interesting than her dinky little camp in the woods. in fact, although she had called it home for years, she already wasn't missing it. she had no personal possessions to leave behind, besides what she had gathered to survive. and it looks like she didn't need it here. but then she began to ponder more. how long was she going to live here? she couldn't simply live here for free. although she was sure Smokey could support it, she wouldn't want to disrespect him like that. 

her train of thought was put to an abrupt halt as the plate of fruits, which was now empty, was removed from in front of her, and replaced with a delicious looking bowl of vegetable stew. as the scent wafted into her nasal cavities, she couldn't help but lick her lips. it was absolutely the object of her attention for the time being. her horn began to glow with it's normal royal blue aura, and the spoon began to levitate from the bowl, surrounded by the same aura. she had gotten on it a hefty scoop, and shoveled it right into her maw. it very much contrasted the fruits, in that it was so savory as opposed to sweet. Phoenix seemed to really like it. in fact, she had almost never had anything this good in her entire life. if she weren't the pony that she were, she might have gotten a little emotional over the fact. 

after the thoughts of the stew had a chance to simmer in her mind, the thoughts from earlier began to resurface. and she couldn't go much longer without asking. it was a dumb question, or at least Phoenix thought it was, but it was one she had no answer for herself "so... how long am i going to stay here with you?" she asked as she looked up into Smokey's eyes, realizing that he seemed to be off in a distant world of his own. she could definitely get used to living in a place like this. what kind of pony wouldn't? but, she absolutely didn't want to be a burden. "i would hate to outlast my welcome..." she added. perhaps she would talk to Smokey about her feelings another time. 

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta

Discord smirked slightly as he hovered upside down, looking towards Omen. "Welcome back Omen." He greeted her, "You had us all a bit worried there." The master of chaos righted himself in the air as he continued, "I'm not certain exactly what sort of mishap you've managed to find yourself in, but you were encased in Changeling Emeralds and some of your essence managed to get stuck inside of a Runic Orb. Your little Refraction over there helped find and retrieve both the Orb and yourself." He explained briefly, giving a nod towards the draconian creature. "While your friends managed to figure out where you were and free your essence." He pointed at the two arguing (or formerly arguing, depending on whether or not they stopped by now) siblings.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

"Come on, Benny. Your metaphorical oasis in a wide, dry desert that is my complete and utter lack of something to write about has been drained by my co-workers, unless you still have something to say that you haven't said so far" Striking Detail said downtrodden as he walked away from the typewriters. He opened the door with his hoof, but didn't bother to push it open. Instead, he left it ajar and simply kept walking. What then happened is that the horns that slightly protruded from Detail's face pushed the door open neatly and he could pass in one smooth-ish movement. He beckoned the dragon to follow, and thought about the office's lobby, where he, if there was no need for sleep, would spend more time in living than his own home. "I know a room in this building that's more luxurious than the best apartment I can afford working here. And if I lose this job, I will lose both of these places to stay in, so we better think of something." 

If there's one thing that his horns aren't good for, is thinking of something. For some reason, they're only good for gut instincts. Come think, Detail now is pretty sure that, other than hunger, he does in fact not feel any gut instincts in his gut anymore, as if his horns communicated that they would take over that job. Why, oh why would it then be replaced by headaches? Detail did not look in front of him as he walked to the lobby in an almost automated fashion, ignoring the helper ponies struggling with transporting coffee, ink and paper. Sunken deep in thoughts as to what he could write about, he hoped that the dragon could come up with a story that would place him in the papers. But if there was something he needed right now, it was an oatmeal biscuit. "Benny, do you have any ideas?" he asked, as he might as well. It's not like he could ask the changelings themselves.

A headache built.

@Holiday Agnaktor

Avabella smiled at the young mare in front of her enjoying tea as much as she did, and poured with respect, ending the pouring with a little flourish letting a last droplet of tea create ripples on the surface.

Ripples. She heard the question, and started thinking how to bring this diplomatically. In an effort to buy time, she decided to levitate a biscuit and inspect that first. Being slightly opinionated, and definitely aware of that, she now had to make a decision based on professionalism. In a business influencing public image on a large scale, you can't help but start to worry about your own.

Would this mousy, tea-loving delivery mare tell on her if she went for the honest truth? Or would she not have to worry about word coming out? She briefly thought about the dragon in this very building that would command her to tell this mare otherwise, but went against her gut to tell her the truth anyway.

She started pouring her own second cup as she formulated her answer. "Unlike what the guard would like you to believe, integration into our society which is based on trust and friendship is going more rigidly than projected. We, the paper, as public influencers, are obviously obligated by the guard's programs to tell a good story. Truth be told, me and most of the writers recently got bitter leads lately. One that tells of misdeeds in the city, yet again rumors of changeling attacks popping up around the city. I considered what to do. Lie to the ponies, and say everything is all-right with every changeling they meet, in the hopes of bettering their public image? Or expose dirty deeds, and that nobody's fully safe from them?

But that's our side. I'm still tasked with improving their image regardless of these attacks. And surprise, surprise. Asking the entire population to trust a species especially known for their malicious usage of near-perfect shape-shifting is a very high standard". Finishing her story, Avabella then noticed she almost over-poured her cup of tea and quickly tilted the pot upright again, lacking any subtlety or flourish. Sheepishly, she then put down the pot.

She bit into the oatmeal biscuit and gazed into the distance in reflection. "I don't know how I would react if I saw a changeling. I'd like to say I never have, but you don't know anymore nowadays. For all I know, you could be one!" Avabella chuckled. "As delivery mare, you must have gone to all sorts of places. Do you have any changeling stories? You could get them featured in the papers, if you want".

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAWN AND AURORA

“Kaltrops?” Dawn asked hesitantly, still unsure if what to feel in her current situation other than shock piled on top of shock. She managed to blink her eyes a few times but that was it, really.

“If those two start fighting again, I ... no,” Aurora shook her head, unable to stand violence if it got too out of hoof. “Spicy, I will be near that river if you want me,” she pointed to the river flowing around a cottage in the distance and trotted over to it as quickly as she could.

@Blitz Boom & @Moonlit & @Seamore Sandwich

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

While Twilight does believe in forgiveness where it counts, and three bad eggs doesn’t necessarily count for their species as a whole, but seeming how terrible the Sirens she’s met were, Twilight is having a hard time believing this particular Siren. She stepped out from behind Last Stand and went to approach the fish, stopping at the bank opposite. She couldn’t help her question from being asked. It just sort of, slipped out. “Are you taking the Pegasus to the hospital because of guilt or because you truly, genuinely want to help?”

Edited by Dji
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich @Dji Serenade's eyes narrow, "Any answer to that question Princess can be taken the wrong way. If I say guilt, you would assume I hurt her. If I say I want to genuinely help her, then why would I want to help." She points at Last with a forehoof, "That guard there wants to attack me based on me being a Siren. So to answer your question Princess. She is hurt, Ponies can help her, I cannot. Do you require a Pinkie Promise for me to continue?♪"

Edited by Moonlit
  • Brohoof 3

@Blitz Boom

"50. For using up my time."

Battenberg frowned at her sister.

"25, ignore her she doesn't seem to appreciate your kindness. In fact I'll give you the lot for 15 just for being so kind and offering to help Victoria, and I'm sure she does actually appreciate it, this is just her way of hiding her emotional struggles."

Red trotted over to Victoria with a stern look on her face and gave her a gentle hoof to the nose.

"Ow! Hey! You are making a mess of my beautiful face!"

"Victoria, I suggest you apologise and then go and get some rest, maybe you can get up on the right side of the bed when you're done."

"I make sure I get the perfect amount of sleep, good sleep is the key to true beauty, I have no need for my bed because I already slept."

"Get some sleep and wake up with a better attitude or I may just reconsider letting you spend the weekend with my little Angel."

This seemed to get the message across to the grumpy mare and her ears perked up in surprise, she lifted one hoof and almost looked offended.

"You wouldn't do that! Angel loves me, you would be punishing him just as much as me. You cannot do that to us!"

"Then behave dearest Vicky, or face this consequence."

Victoria frowned and walked over to Pop.

"Sorry..."

Her apology was so much of a mumble that her lips did not visibly open.

"Victoria! If your pride won't even let the word sorry out of your mouth then you better apologise in a way that actually counts."

"And what exactly do you propose that I do?"

"Walk with our customers and make sure they get to their destination safely, it's the least you can do and maybe on the walk you'll have time to get the word sorry to them properly."

Victoria's ears went back and she frowned at the couple, especially at Pop.

"I..."

"I'm not going to let you walk over me again Victoria, my submissive nature is probably the reason your stubbornness has gotten to this stage. You're going, no excuses."

Victoria wasn't used to Battenberg being stern with her and so was stunned into silence, unable to speak any more, she slouched reluctantly over to the door, tail between her legs and waited for Pop and Benny to be done.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

"...Because your rash thinking could've affected the parasitic crystals, maybe making Omen's unresponsive state permanent!"

"You don't know that! I did it because it could turn out worse if we did nothing!"

"Did nothing?! I'm the one going in there because your innate healing factor could be a potential hazard! You nearly trapped me in there!"

The argument between the two became more heated with both sides already at the point of shouting back and forth with each other. It seemed like the two would go on forever aside from the occasional volume toning down until both could only stand there and look to each other with contempt. Whether or not this is justified is not up for debate with either side convinced the other is taking their anger out of proportion. Just as they were about to continue with round 2, they both noticed movement out of the corner of their eyes. A familiar sight that seemed to cool their tempers by a large degree, almost making them forget about their feud. 

Both brother and sister took a step back with a look of surprise on their faces before slowly approaching Omen. Then halfway through, Sen started walking faster until he stopped just short of Omen, still looking like he was examining her just in case the shock might still set in. 

"Omen," Sen quietly said, hesitating to bombard her with more questions. "Are you alright? How are you feeling?" 

• Brohoof 3

On 24/11/2017 at 7:56 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Nonononono, not in a million years, no.

That was the thoughts going through Slappy's head as he backed down from her approach and scrambled to keep on his hooves.

"I-I-I will get you a snack, r-right away. There's still s-some fish and... I-I saw different f-fruit earlier. I will be b-back in a few minutes. i s-swear."

With that stammering excuse, he ran off towards Ponyville as quickly as he could, feeling almost as pale as he had when he thought that the sickly mare had killed the shop keeper. Quite the sight for the citizens, but nothing they would remark about to his face so far, as he sped past them, went over to the food stand and bumped into a mare in his haste of grabbing two apples and a banana.

He didn't think of apologizing as he sped off again, back towards Blood before she would follow him into town again. This place was packed about now, and if she went in here, she might end up eating somepony. That was a horrible thought, though a second one about her cannibalistic lips touching him started to come in as a close second. Brrr, just the thought alone made him shiver down to his bones.

Blood Drops blinked at him and frowned as he sped off towards town. She flicked her tail and frowned, why did every pony she tried hitting of either run away or try to beat her with some sort of sharp object. She tilted her head and frowned trying to think of a reason for it, she saw a nearby puddle and trotted over to it before glancing into it, she frowned. She thought she looked rather pretty but maybe that was the problem. Every pony she met was afraid of her, she needed to remove that fear somehow then she could have a chance of bonding with others. 

She frowned and sat down nibbling on a fish thoughtfully. She hadn't been able to come to a solution, she couldn't turn back to a normal pony. That had been tried and had failed. So she was left with one option, she had to turn every pony into her. Then there would be no sort of prejudiced against her. She got up and walked away from the puddle she had seen enough. 

She blinked and raised her ear hearing Slappy's approach, she smiled back at him as he appeared. He was a very good servant. He had brought her new fruit. She blinked at him, she would tell him about her revelation, and the root of it. She could see the fear in his eyes, it wasn't out of loyalty that he was her servant it was out of sheer fear. "I've been thinking Slappy, You don't like me, you fear me. This negative emotion, is not healthy" I add walking towards him. "You see me and you think Monster, but that's simply not the case, your bias, your fear, your.... discrimination against myself is a lie" I growl at him showing my teeth and getting within striking distance.

"You see, most of pony kinds problems.  Rage. Hate. Misery. Envy.  Self-deprecation. Fear. A cacophony of countless selfish wants. As that noise swells, it turns into crime, warfare... All the world’s ills can be traced to individuality. I've wondered long what the problem was with me, but I've found it, it was never me. It was always you, your kind causing the problem." I growl before jumping at Slappy.

I quickly pin him to the ground and bite him injecting some of my virus into him. He wouldn't die, nor would he turn feral. He would simply look like a zombie, that was the right path. Every pony looking the same, removing the selfish wants from every pony. Blood left the twitching Slappy, he would still retain his sentience, Blood didn't need mindless servants. This was her path, the path of now and forever.

I turn my attention to the town below, they would be the next victim of her new doctrine.

• Brohoof 2

@genessee

"A little push won't kill me unless it hits the third spinal cord and interferes with the tracker, everypony knows that. And yeah, the mayor set this up with the princesses to make sure the workers helping town was being fed, even though their homes were ruined. I had a shift and a half yesterday, but I was replaced this morning when the Couriers got to town. The forepony thought it was better to let the ones who knew one another work together, and give the locals some time to rest. But who haves time for that, right? That's what coffee is for!"

Berry yawned before going back to her snack. She should probably get some coffee again soon to keep awake. The day wasn't over yet, so she couldn't just slump down and have a rest. Who knew what might happen to her then?

"I thought you knew that. Alonsus said, and I quote, *I Alonsus, ensured that our esteemed coworker have been told what is going on. Surely, nopony could have done so more efficiently*"

She exaggerated some, but she got the boastful tone and grin down to a tee when she had risen her hoof to her chest, just as she were reciting him. She didn't mind him, he was fine enough, but Alonsus was still fun to impersonate like this. Especially if he saw it, as he were sure that it wasn't so bad, even when she underplayed it.

===========================================================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Dji

As Twilight moved, Last did what she could to stay in front of her, and between the royal and the massive Siren , which frankly were larger than she had expected. She had been against larger beasts before, but... Dang.

"I will do whatever it takes to protect the throne, Siren."

A nagging thought came about when she tried to think over why this creature hadn't attacked yet, but she couldn't let doubt enter her mind right now. She had to remain steadfast, and be ready to protect Twilight, otherwise, what would the point of everything be? A life worth of training and fighting, honoring the throne of night, and then what, have her forsake the royals, just because it wasn't Luna? How little was she worth if she would abandon any crown except for hers?

Her duty was done, but Last still desperately tried to cling to it. Defending the town where she been in when it was attacked because the Mane Six were there, and they had helped Luna, volunteering to rebuild the town because the princess of dreams looked for somepony, and now, protecting Twilight, once more because she had an accusation to her majesty.

She didn't know anything else than to follow Luna's will, and it terrified her to not have that anymore. But she couldn't live the idle life of the guards, which left her to either try and remember what were, or to move on, and she didn't know how to take the next step. Was she going to be a mercenary? Try and convince the princesses to let her be in charge of rebuilding the old Castle of the Two Sisters, as a memento to the past? What after that then?

Every time she had thought on this, she had forced the thought away, and excused her with having to think on the here and now, and not on what would come further along, but the truth were that she were clinging to threads, and it wouldn't last. She would be lost, and the thought alone had made her despair in silence a few times already.

At least she didn't have to think about that now. She had something worth doing now, even though as she looked, she noticed two things that made her clench harder down on her sword.

"...Zinger. Doctor in Ponyville. What do you want to me to do, your highness?"

She remembered the weird pegasus hybrid now that she looked. Ziggy had been one of those who helped her get fixed up and kept her alive after the episode yesterday. She owed the doctor a good deal for that, regardless of how much the Zegasus had just brushed it off and said that she would do the same for anypony.

The second thing she noticed as she stood nearly immobile, was that there was a pale aura around the white-flamey blade of her weapon, tugging in it to try and get it out of her grip. She wasn't sure if Siren's had this kind of magic, but she wasn't going to let go of her weapon that easily, and whoever was doing this, seemed to be loosing without much of a fight.

The air flickered close to Serenade, though nothing more went on. She should know well what went on though, and realize that it was Cherish who were trying to get the blade from the earth pony. Apparently, flickering out of sight didn't mean that she had left them, which might work in her favor as a surprise, in case the princess made a bad decision and Serenade needed an extra hoof to help her.

=================================================================================================

@Battenberg

Benny opened his mouth to say something whilst the discussion went on, but Pop just put her hoof on it and locked eyes with him, slowly shaking her head. This wasn't something they should get involved in.

The dragon nodded. He had gone at it a little too much recently as it seemed, and perhaps it was time to leave the family feud without getting burned more for now. They wanted to leave here in great standing after all, not as a bunch of nosy, annoying ones who stuck their noses in where they didn't belong. Might be they wouldn't be welcome to return then, and it smelled too good in here to never return.

So, he pulled out the wallet and started to count up the fifteen bits that were asked for, and placed them on the counter in silence, just as the threat against Victoria not being allowed to have Angel around came up. It was a little funny to see how such a little thing could get to her, but then again, it was clear that she adored the little rascal, so who could really blame her? It also provided an effective thing to hold over her head in bad situations, though it did surprise both Benny and Pop when she were send to wander the odd couple to their destination.

Perhaps they should have said that wasn't necessary, but it seemed mostly to be for Victoria's sake, and the mare needed all the help she could get frankly, so they gave eachother another knowing look before nodding and not saying something.

"Well, it have been a pleasure to meet you Battenberg, and thank you again for the cakes. I know the chili one was out of your normal assortment, and I'm happy that you were still able to meet it. And Red, Royal and Angel, it have been nice to meet you as well. You really do have a lovely family and a marriage worth envying."

"I agree, it's been an experience I wouldn't have avoided. And not only because it smells absolutely heavenly in here."

Benny gave Royal a knowing wink and a smirk. It would be interesting when the dragon needed to be fitted, and go that step closer to the big day he had planned for years now.

"We should get going so Victoria can return before too long. Red, Royal, Battenberg, and Angel, it's been an honor."

The dragon saluted to them all in order, ending with Angel, where he gave an overly dramatic one for effect. A little silly, but sometimes you just had to do something, without thinking about how silly you might look doing it. You wouldn't get anywhere if that was the only thing you were concerned about, as far as he were concerned.

"Now then, shall we ma'am?"

He looked at Victoria as he said that, whilst Pop picked up the cakes and placed them gently in Benny's saddlebags. Wouldn't want them crushed after all of this.

===============================================================================================

@The Resident Brony

"..."

Vivid didn't answer as the past was brought up, but just kept walking instead. All of the death between them, were just like the Bishop: Not something one should dwell on, and she wanted to move along. As much because the subject was getting to her, as the tearful alicorn.

She had caused a lot of ponies to be hurt, and tears had at one point made her laugh, and with everything meddled up now, she were recalling some of these episodes. Episodes of her life that she were not proud off, and that she would spend the rest of eternity atoning for.

"...We should keep moving. We're soon there."

==============================================================================================

@Lloyd

"That's the spirit. Better to live to fight another day, right? But still, we should be prepped to see if we can't do something against the two before they pop into town and make a mess again. I'm tired of being useless against those two, when I know I have to do something. Especially since Athriel is my fault,"

He grimaced as he went over this once more. How the cruel, sadistic blood monster would have been trapped in a bauble away from prying eyes if he hadn't gone stupid and tried to use her. And where had that ended him? He hurt his friends and parents, got exiled, and now were responsible for her being free to help Warlock create havoc. He had done a lot of bad that had led up to this, and he should- No, he had to make this right. If not with Griffinstone, then at least with his part in all of this, and he needed to be able to fight in their league to have a chance.

They shouldn't be far from the home of Astral and Misty now, though if Astral was serious about wanting to slow down, it would add a few more minutes to the trip, and who knew how long they had?

========================================================================================

@Lloyd

Warlock would get the taste of something. An old spell, imprinted into the entire temple, though unless he knew anything about ancient binding spells, it wouldn't do much.

Not that it mattered anyway . When he started to feast on it, it would unravel, and unless he gulped up the hefty amount of magic being released from this over the next few minutes, it would simply go to waste. Considering the cackling laughter that came from somewhere within, he were likely going to need everything he could get his grubby hooves on.

Athriel had just finished cutting enough away to leave them with an entrance when this happened, and she turned to Warlock with irritation in her voice.

"What did you just do?"

A slight amount of worry could also be found in her eyes, but was it any wonder? She knew of a few of the defense systems set up by the Pillar members, and this one had some vague warnings that made it seem even worse, and now Warlock had done something that pleased it. Released it by chance? The thought alone made her tense up, and start to wonder if this was going to end up being a good idea after all.

But she had no time to think about it before something else happened. The door in front of the entrance slid to the side, revealing the hallway leading further in, as torches lit on the wall. Dim lights, but it would be enough to lead them some way towards the center, where the element likely were. Along with the guardian that had kept watch over it for all of this time.

It was too late to turn back now. The path was open, and if they wanted the element, they had to chance it.

==========================================================================================

@Lloyd

Zhu didn't even rise his head as the jailor lead him into the cell. He just silently listened in, and accepted his current, brief accommodations.

It had been changed since last he were here. The area were warded against magic, which left his wind too weak to do much else than be a nuisance after all. He had other methods, as he hadn't been searched, but he had a usage for those objects, and wouldn't use them unless absolutely necessary.

As for just magic in general... Zhu was no unicorn. What magic he had beyond the wind, were something he had to learn slowly throughout the years, and it required chanting, forming the magic, and generally speaking, drawing a little magic out of either objects on him, or the world around him. Which with the magic blocking aura in here, would not be possible unless he again, drained directly from one of the objects in his robes. It might be a strong blockage, but it were sufficiently to deal with minor things, and interfere with the old school spell casting that he were able to do.

But it mattered little. Sooner or later, he would be free. There was a usage for him here and there, and for that to happen, they would need him on the other side of the bars.

So, having little better to do, he pulled the hood from his robes, revealing the serpentine, tiger-striped head with the glowing, golden eyes.

"I wonder if you can remain the pillar for him to rely on, rather than the ground crumbling underneath his hooves? I would aim for the first, but his faith in more in your hooves than mine. You are the instrument that either creates, or destroys him."

Zhu moved forward, and stuck his flexible, serpentine head out between the bars, and glanced towards the helmet-clad pony.

"The look you sent me makes me think you remember me. is that so, little one?"

It had been what, ten, twenty years or so since he had seen this one? With everything he had to keep track off before the Forgotten One had entered Ponyville, he had to ignore quite a bit of things after they were done so he could focus on that, but he recalled some of his meeting with this one. A bypasser that had taken notice of him, one of the times when he had been forced to interfere more directly.

The details were slow in coming back, but he recalled another one near this jailer, when he was younger. Somepony that had taken most of the townponies where he came from as prisoners, before Zhu had arrived and cast a spell on him that destroyed the pony's mind. It ended the ritual the pony had prepared, but it also left him a blank state for years, before somepony got through to him. As far as Zhu recalled, the pony was a better being because of that now, but it had been a while since he had checked in to make sure. The last he could recall, were simply that the pony was no longer important in the grand scheme of things.

"No light travels without darkness. Leave before the scale tips, and the trees feast on fish."

It was a weird sentence now, and it was then, but not o much after he had gone up an hour later and broken the a nearby dam, flooding the entire area. A time in which not everypony had heeded his warning and left, but it was the lesser of two evils, even if it balanced the scales.

@Lloyd

The elderly mare chuckled a little and pinched the changeling's cheek.

"We can look into that young man. But, we need to get back home now."

Both her and her husband yawned at the same time, feeling rather drained after this episode, but in a good way. Like after a long day of satisfying labor.

"She's right, we should go home and have a rest. I'm glad to see that we were able to help though. After what happened, it's the least we could do."

The two said their goodbye's and left the room with smiles on their muzzles, and the Lieutenant thanking them a few times on the way out. It were greatly appreciated that they were able to show up and help, and that nothing bad had happened n the process. Quite honestly, this seemed to have gone about as good as could have been expected.

"Good can come from working together, and protect one another. It is the attitude we are trying to promote now, and this example will help, once the two of them tells their friends how little damage it actually did, and how well it helped with your injuries. I'm glad to see that everything went smoothly.

Anyway, how are you two feeling? Have you become less critical?"

Her eyes went to the doctor, who kept wandering around the queen and looking at where wounds had been before, testing with a few pokes and rearranging bandages to see what went on. It seemed like the outside were fine, but beneath, only the changelings could tell without him opening them up again, and he would wait a little for that.

========================================================================================

@~Phoenix~

Smokey felt unfulfilled when he was snapped out of his thoughts by the words of the real Phoenix. He had just reached a rather pleasant part of their meal in his little fantasy, and having been pulled back to reality like this, was saddening.

Still, at least here he would have real company rather than a daydream that he wasn't entirely sure why he had. Usually he didn't fall into a fantasy world like this when there were others around. Normally that only happened when he were taking a bath, and his mind just drifted off as he laid there in bliss. A peculiar situation, but he would have to think on that later. Right now, he had to answer some questions it seemed, as well as clean his chin for stew, as it seemed like he had been dipping the lower part of his head a little too low when he had his *episode*.

"Yes, the time you are allowed here. Quite honestly, you can stay here for as long as you like. I enjoy your company quite a lot, and it's not like I don't have the space. Though I must tell you that there will be times where I can't be here myself. Such as tomorrow."

He picked up some paper towels and went to work on his chin, though he should likely use some water and soap later to get it out properly later.

"I were approached earlier by a middleman for somepony who wished to speak with me. I will spare you the boring details, but her benefactor tends to have a use for my expertise. it will likely just be a meeting to start with though, it should not take long."

The boring details was the important part in why he would accept to meet Scarcity of all ponies, but he wouldn't share that part if he could help it. The history between him and the antique store owner were complicated, and wouldn't put him in a good light if shared, no matter how he spun it. Too much grave robbery and black/grey market dealings for that.

"Anyway, I do hope that you will stay here Phoenix, at least for a time. Canterlot haves a lot to offer, and if you will excuse my boastfulness for a moment, so do I."

He grinned at her as he said the last part, and began eating his food, though truthfully, he wanted to boast some more if he could. He had quite a lot of things going for him, and the option to share great experiences and sights both at his estate and out in Canterlot, which would make him quite the eligible ba- Companion. In return he would then gain somepony new to talk with, show around, and have some fun with. It had been so dreadfully long since he had any companions, though he had to step carefully with Phoenix. Poor thing seemed as if she would run away like a scared mouse if he did something reckless, such as say... Make advances.

Not that he meant that he would, but it was just as an example.. Right.

===============================================================================================

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

Omen listened to what Discord said, but didn't understand some of what he was talking about. What was a Refraction? Was it the drake he meant? He pointed that way, but there were also ponies encased in crystal, which just made her more curious.

Then came whatever he talked about with something called *Changeling Emeralds* and a lot of talk about essence, runes and such... Quite honestly, she wasn't sure about what was going on, though she didn't ask anything. She just kept silent.

Even when Sen and Lin noticed her, and approached her in a way that made her curious as to why the were acting like they did. Had she been gone a while? Had something happened that made time act weird? And why were the little thing she remembered carrying around, suddenly larger? She didn't remember it being that size.

She had a flood of questions, but still, she said nothing, just starred between the three of them quietly. She opened her muzzle and lifted her lower jaw up and down a little, with a weird sound like she were gargling escaping her throat, but nothing else happened, and she didn't manage to get further than that.

Something was wrong with her usually projected voice, and sadly, she had no idea how to speak normally. The raspy sounds were the best she could do, which made even the Refraction's attempt at speaking more impressive.

if they wanted to have a conversation with Omen beyond her just starring with her head tilted, and her eyes full of questions, Discord would need to repair the link. It shouldn't be too hard. Just open up her head and rummage around a little to set things right should do the trick. it wasn't the first time, and it likely wouldn't be the last either.

======================================================================================

@Windchime

Benny followed into the office, careful of not saying anything else around the ponies outside, so he wouldn't make any more of a donkey out of himself than he already had. Which is why he made sure to close the door too before saying something, though he wasn't sure if it was going to be enough.

"Well... I told them about the programs and some of what we're planning to do, but I haven't told them about the hive we actually have with us.

I haven't met them myself, but Queen Honeycomb have made contact and shown great interest in having her hive being the first to try the program, even before Thorax and his drones. After what I've been told, the queen haves a fairly small hive of only a couple of dozen individuals or so, and she have volunteered both herself, and all of them to be publicly part of the program, provided that she were given amnesty after her hive was destroyed.

I could tell you about the things I've been told about their hive, and how they wish to integrate if you want to? I mean, if this were Canterlot, I could likely even have you talk with her, but that's a bit of a long travel I think. Besides, there's changelings in your area, yes? I mean, I'm not saying it's a guarantee, but we could also try and find some of them? If there is a queen, it could be a good story for you, and I might be able to get the word about the program out to more of those we want to take part. The more open-minded changelings the better, if they're that type at least."

There were a few options to pick from there for the journalist, though Benny were hoping he wouldn't go for the one that included them having to hunt for local changelings. He felt bad, which were why he had offered that, and it would be good if he could get more to join the project, and figure out why they were making a mess in the area, but it might be dangerous for the pony. The pen being mightier than the sword were just an expression after all, not reality.

===================================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

Oh great, so now they were alone near the storm. If it wasn't because she didn't want to be the one to light the spark, Spicy would have said something right about now loud enough for everypony to hear. But then the focus would just go on her, the weird couple here might get real angry and focus it all on her, and yada yada. These were good clothes she had on, she wasn't going to let them be ruined by her big muzzle that easily... Again.

As for Pop, she just wished Aurora were still here because she might need some help separating Kaltrops and Dawn relatively safely after all of this were done, and she wasn't sure if the sarcastic pony in the top hat was going to help.

Basically, all of them just stood around, waiting for something to happen that would make everything either become a rally, or end into sloppy makeout sessions, at which point some of the crowd might look away again, rather than just watch on. Might be ponies liked lovely moments, but between races it got a little more complicated for some of the more old fashioned ponies.

@BloodDrops

He had a small bit of hope when he returned that things would be fine. The mare would be fed, she would do something else that was random, and perhaps then she would leave, and he could return to a simpler life. That was pretty much dashed already at the first paragraph she had said as she started to talk though, as she began ranting on how he looked at her and saw a monster, how he was afraid of her, and then started to sneer- Which made him think that this was the time he was about to die.

His life flashed him by as she tackled him and pinned him down, and before he could even beg of her to forgive him for whatever it was he had done, she bit him, and the world turned black.

The virus wasn't kind to him. He felt how it rolled through his body, storming towards his heart hat was pounding faster and faster in panic, until... Nothing.

A silence spread in his body whilst he twitched and turned under the effects of the contagion that claimed his life. A final breath was taken into healthy lungs, whilst a tear ran from his eye, and then, he lost consciousness. The last thought he had before, was to his family, who were waiting for him in Canterlot. Ponies he cared for and loved more than anything, who would never see their son, their brother, or their nephew again.

There was nothing left for him now...

Blood likely didn't care about what she had taken from him now, but there were others who did. Not just the family who were far away, and didn't know of the loss, but also a dragon, whose shadow fell down upon the area as she descended to find out what had just happened.

Nerzhei had not been close enough to stop this, or to really see what had gone on. The only thing she had seen as she were flying towards town for more provisions, had been the outline of two ponies, were one of them had suddenly gone on top of the other, and then left said pony just lying on the ground. From this far up, she hadn't even seen that it was blood, which gave the zombie about a minute to do something before the dragon would be close enough to be able to see who were there, realize what she had done, and likely go amok over it. She had already not been fond of Blood before, when she had just threatened to harm ponies, so how bad would it be when she discovered what Blood had done?

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

He had a small bit of hope when he returned that things would be fine. The mare would be fed, she would do something else that was random, and perhaps then she would leave, and he could return to a simpler life. That was pretty much dashed already at the first paragraph she had said as she started to talk though, as she began ranting on how he looked at her and saw a monster, how he was afraid of her, and then started to sneer- Which made him think that this was the time he was about to die.

His life flashed him by as she tackled him and pinned him down, and before he could even beg of her to forgive him for whatever it was he had done, she bit him, and the world turned black.

The virus wasn't kind to him. He felt how it rolled through his body, storming towards his heart hat was pounding faster and faster in panic, until... Nothing.

A silence spread in his body whilst he twitched and turned under the effects of the contagion that claimed his life. A final breath was taken into healthy lungs, whilst a tear ran from his eye, and then, he lost consciousness. The last thought he had before, was to his family, who were waiting for him in Canterlot. Ponies he cared for and loved more than anything, who would never see their son, their brother, or their nephew again.

There was nothing left for him now...

Blood likely didn't care about what she had taken from him now, but there were others who did. Not just the family who were far away, and didn't know of the loss, but also a dragon, whose shadow fell down upon the area as she descended to find out what had just happened.

Nerzhei had not been close enough to stop this, or to really see what had gone on. The only thing she had seen as she were flying towards town for more provisions, had been the outline of two ponies, were one of them had suddenly gone on top of the other, and then left said pony just lying on the ground. From this far up, she hadn't even seen that it was blood, which gave the zombie about a minute to do something before the dragon would be close enough to be able to see who were there, realize what she had done, and likely go amok over it. She had already not been fond of Blood before, when she had just threatened to harm ponies, so how bad would it be when she discovered what Blood had done?

Blood twitched her ear and then turned back to her servant. She frowned at him, then turned her head continuing to watch him. He still wasn't moving which was odd, most ponies she transformed got up and started moving after the transformation was completed, She moved and gave Slappy a nudge, he still didn't move. She frowned and pondered about this, this hadn't happened before, ponies didn't just die from her virus, she herself had fought the virus..... Oh.

That was the problem, he had just given up. Not fought it like the rest she had zombified "Slappy, fight it don't accept it" She growled at the dead pony, She gave him several more nudges and then gave up. he was definitely dead. She didn't see herself as a murderer, but this, this was a new low for her. She was just that, a murderer. She blinked at that realisation, then tried to justify it to herself. 'It was the virus?' She had passed off everything prior to the virus, though this. This was definitely her, she knew he wouldn't fight it, Knew she could make him sick. Did she know she could kill him?

That was the question, and she came to the bad conclusion that she knew he wasn't a fighter. Knew he couldn't handle the disease and also knew she had attacked him out of her own choice. This was her, not the disease. Not this time. She glanced back at the pile of fish, and then the fishing rods. She frowned, thinking about the past with her servant. Then turned her attention back to Slappy. She snorted, angry at him, though more angry at herself for making it come to this. 

She snorted before rummaging in her bag before pulling out a blood red amulet and holding it in her mouth. She had kept it for quite some time, obtained from one of her journeys and for doing something she would be embarrassed to admit, though that was a tail for another day. She had work to do, she then slowly trotted over to Slappy and looked down at him, still debating what her next move would be next.

Her ear twitched telling her something was close by, and her nose told her it was Nerzhei. She dropped the amulet onto Slappy making her mind up, and then moved away from him before spinning around to wait for the Nerzhei. 

Edited by BloodDrops
  • Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta

Discord shook his head slightly, "Well we'll just have to fix that now won't we?" He commented idly, drifting over to Omen. He then proceeded to open the top of her head as if it were a hatch, the top half moving seamlessly away as if on a hinge to reveal... Nothing. Well, seemingly nothing anyways. It was really just too dark to see (Should one attempt to peek inside), but there was none of the blood, skull, or brain that one would expect to see. Whether that was the way Omen was, or Discord's magic making the whole thing more cartoony would be up for debate. "Anyways.." Discord interrupted the poor author of this post in the middle of his explanation Said to himself, "Let's get on with this."

He then proceeded to unceremoniously stick his paw into Omen's head and rummage around inside. Though nopony could see his paw or what he was doing, Discord appeared to be concentrating hard. "A-ha! Here's the problem!" Discord exclaimed triumphantly, pulling a smoking microphone from Omen's head with the word 'Defective' written in red lettering. Tossing it behind him, where it proceeded to turn into a rabbit and hop away, he produced a new microphone and pushed it into Omen's head, producing a sort of 'Ch-Ching!' noise as it disappeared.

"Well, go ahead and try speaking now." The spirit of Chaos suggested, closing up her head with an odd metallic clanging noise and dusting his mismatched frontal appendages off.

• Brohoof 2