Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom 

Phoenix couldn't help but blush a tiny bit as Smokey so kindly offered her all of these things. although, at one point or two during his little pitch, it almost sounded as though he were bragging about his lifestyle a bit, which felt a tad unwelcome in her mind. she was more than happy that Smokey was willing to share it all, but such was only a sore reminder of the poverty she had to live through in her recent years. however, she felt too timid to let him know that. after all, his intentions didn't seem corrupt. 

she was a bit concerned about all of this fancy stuff, though. she pondered it as the sorbet was placed in front of her. unsurprisingly at this point, it tasted delicious. just like the fruit and the stew. however, this was on a different end of the spectrum. a creamy sweet substance, which she found herself going back to bite after bite. 

all of this seemed good enough to her. she wasn't entirely sure that anything like this could be topped. a nice hearty meal was the best kind to her, and smokey had done enough to provide one already. she didn't know if she wanted to go through so much work, simply for a bit of food. besides, she was more than positive that this "attire" would most likely be comprised of a dress, which she wasn't too keen on. perhaps some day when she was more comfortable with things. 

she decided to pipe up "really though... i think all of this that you've already given me is good enough. i'd be fine with staying here for our meals" she said, hoping to shake this idea from Smokey's head. at least for the time being. she was more than grateful for the meal she just had, and would be a hundred percent happy with them in the future. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

She chuckled a little. "There's spells that can be used like that, but I was just going off instinct." She stopped walking when she saw the guards. "Oh dear I hope they're okay." She said, continuing to walk to the door, looking to the flock of guards. "Will they be alright?" She asked, looking to the pegasi.

==================================================

Warlock grinned as he watched the flock of Scrabs move towards them, the illusion fell apart for him. He saw ponies wield this type of ability when holding the element of deceit, which much like Greed, entirely embodied it's name by creating illusions so convincing, that it could fool nearly anypony, even alicorns, although he figured it was entirely possible that a pony could wield this type of deceit magic without the element. He ignited a sword of fire in his hoof, walking forward, knowing the pony or creature causing this would be the real threat looking around the temple, now looking for the source of the illusions. "This'll be fun~" He said to himself, with a grin across his muzzle.

He sighed and looked to the dragon. "Zhu had hurt some guards on his way to the Princesses room, so I had to take him in for harming them." He said, raising a hoof to his chest, putting it back down shortly after. "Hopefully this won't cause too many problems." He said, looking to Dew after.

"Rather well, I'm glad my leg will be alright though." She said with a little bit of a smile. "The doctors are nice too." She said, glancing at the ones working on her leg.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

The two siblings were overcome with joy hearing their friend and being able to respond in kind was the first step they needed at the moment. Perhaps now was when they could let their guard down a little but they certainly knew Omen would have a lot on her mind. Sen and Lin walked up to her and embraced her tightly before letting go and answering. 

"That stuff grazed me a little bit but it isn't exactly like fire. It's hot and it distorts vision on contact but I'd still recommend you watch yourself when you see it. And the Refraction, our little drake friend over there, might be able to talk though it has some trouble getting words out. You can thank Discord for helping us find out more about the creature and for helping us get you out of there." Lin chuckled at the last part but mostly found it cute when she first noticed it. 

"How are you feeling, Omen? Are you alright?" Sen followed but despite being relieved, still showed concern.

• Brohoof 2

@Dji, @Blitz Boom:

Blinking back awake from the prodding, Kaltrop shifts his weight back over the still-warm spot where Dawn had been, arising to a stretched-out, perched position. Groggily looking up towards the griffon and only half remembering who he was, the bronze drake retorts.

"...hmn?... I don... don't know what you're talking about. She's the one that grabbed me! What happened...?..."

Looking around him with a few quick motions, Kaltrop finds the direction Dawn had left. Having been too far away and not paying attention at the time, he had not caught her explanation, nor could he likely proffer his own. One could argue that their relationship status, at best, counted as "complicated." Expression somewhat alarmed, he motions to get up after her to follow and calls out after her in a tone rather more soft than his usual harsh words.

"H-hey... where do you think you're going...?"

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Blitz Boom (Well, looks like I have a limit on how many mentions I can do...)

Looking up as the other, more-or-less-a pony brought his attention to it; Ambie intones what he so far knows, albeit with a notion to his voice that he might just be thinking outloud.

"Ah... well as I said, there ought still be some logs near it. Think I must have left it in that direction on the border of the forest and where the town starts up."

Ambie points a hoof somewhere in the general direction of the right of the direction the two had came. It should be fairly obvious that Ambie weren't one you wanted to get lost in the wilderness with too often.

*****************************************************************************************************

@Foxy Socks , @~Phoenix~ and B.B

"Mawowrr."

It had been enough for Opalescence to get used to the mare the arrogant, feathered treat had roosted on, but this was yet another rude interruption in her territory. One the pampered cat had no need to feel any more respect for than the other small wild birds that it hunted around the house on the time Rarity had let her out to patrol the area during the day. Bristling at the challenge to its domain, Opal let loose a low rumble that clearly denoted her displeasure at the impertinence of laying claim on her territory. Though, this would sound like the usual grumpy rumblings the cat was known for to most anypony. Unless, of course, one was used to animal handling.

Reaching down to soothe her cat's anger, Rarity dismissively carries on.

"Oh, do behave like a good kitty for our guests; won't you, Opalescence? Mommy will get to your treatums in a bit!

Oh, you do so flatter me Mr. Briar! Perhap sometime a gentlecolt such as yourself may make the time to come back to commission an item for your own use? If you do not mind me saying so, It's most certainly rare to find a stallion who works so well with a flowery Spring theme!"

• Brohoof 3

@Blitz Boom

"Let's move quickly. The sooner this is over the better. I also intend to avoid running into Cupcake Sprinkles, I know she's out here somewhere just waiting to mess up my mane with her constant fluttering."

Victoria hooved the ground impatiently.

"I trust you know where you are going?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@The Resident Brony

"We would have handled them ourselves. Or have you forgotten how we only put you as a front figure for the sake of the public? You did not control the guards, we did. What happens with every guard is and were our responsibility, just like it were to allow you to speak with their leader rather than step in ourselves, when Tidal Wave warned us how you might react in an ambush..No matter how improper your actions were for a negotiator, it ultimately lies on us for sending you there when we should have known better."

Perhaps Invictus were strong, but Screecher did not care. She were a direct sort, and especially when it came to situations which cut into herself as well, such as the topic of the failure of the Alicorn, which had ultimately been hers and Dew's fault. They were the ones who had allowed him to go, even though there had been doubts.

"The answer to what you did wrong, is the same that we did: Overestimating your ability to keep your calm. You reacted instinctively, and it saved your life via an offense, rather than fall back and pacify the target. Understandable for a civilian, but not for somepony who wanted to prove he could lead an army.

Believe me, if we had thought this was done with malicious intent, you would still be locked up Invictus, but we knew it was an accident, so we let you leave with your honor and freedom intact, and the clause that you may only try and return to the guards when we could say for certain that you had grown past this, and become more rational."

During her talk, the general had tensed her muscles, prepared to react to some kind of an attack. If Invictus were still emotional, irrational and impulsive, he would attempt something, and she had to prepared to answer it with something more than a comment about how that would only prove how he still hadn't learned anything.

Vivid also prepared, though her response would be more magical in it, and would include pulling the two of them apart if something happened. There seemed to be some history here she didn't know too much about, but were rather volatile.

"Again, show me the paper that was sent,a nd let us be done with this. I believe I know who would have interest in pranking you out of spite."

=====================================================================================

@Moonlit @Dji @Seamore Sandwich

"I will do what I am ordered to do, by Princess Sparkle. If she says to let you go, against my better judgement, I will."

Last Stand was somepony who had a rather narrow look on things, but trumping her own views were that of a royal, and if she were given the order to let the Siren go, just as she had about leading the way toward the Ponyville hospital, she would reluctantly do so. And speaking about the princess and bad decisions...

As for the lack of your own branch of guards, Princess Sparkle, get to work establishing one when you have the time. This town is dangerous, and both you and the civilians could use some protection when the next monster attacks. The longer you wait, the greater the chance somepony will get seriously hurt, including yourself."

A small thought briefly grazed Last's mind as she said that, but she dismissed it. It seemed unrealistic, and she needed to remain focused as they neared Ponyville, or things would devolve into panic at the sight of the Siren. Although...

Last eyed a pony in the distance and gave a sign for the group to halt.

"I'll get the path near the river cleared for everypony in the vicinity. Keep moving, but stay low and move slowly. The less that sees you the better. I will return soon."

With that, the mare would gallop over towards the pony, whom she would use to get the word out with. She might not be able to really do anything to make the Couriers listen right now, but they were working inside the town for the time being, not on the edge where the river were. It should be possible to clear the path of most, and then make anypony potentially still looking on stay quiet. The last thing she needed right now was panic.

================================================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

Whilst Spicy was a little disappointed with how little things had taken off after the kiss, Pop at least was thankful for it.

As much as things seemed to have calmed down at least from Dawn's side though, there were still plenty of things that she could bring up right now to her friend. Mostly in regards to how it was okay to be in a relationship with a dragon, asking how Dawn felt considering it sounded like she begrudgingly liked what had happened, and a few minor comment about how things could have gone worse, and yada yada.

However, it seemed like everything she could think about at the start would just cause some kind of bad response, so she had to hold back and really scrounge her mind before she could think of one thing that might be okay to say.

"Should I uhm... Get you an ice pack? For the pain of course."

Meanwhile, Marley was looking down on Kaltrops and waggled his eyebrows at the comment about Dawn grabbing him, instead of how it had actually gone down.

"Hehe, sure she did player. Sure she did."

Honestly, Marley was leaning up a well deserved beating with how he laid it on Kaltrops, but he just didn't see any way the dragon was going to be an issue. The griffon was likely stronger, and he was a seasoned bodyguard. What could a Dragon that didn't seem to have combat training do to him? Pull him in for a kiss? Heh.

...Urgh, the thought alone actually left a bad taste in his beak. He'd rather marry a Changeling, and honestly, that might end up happening anyway, since every single Griffon he found interesting ended up being a bloody bug pony to begin with! Great sky above that one was starting to get old.

==========================================================================================

@genessee

Berry attempted to toss her leftovers as well, but she missed the trash can, meaning she had to go over and pick it up with a slight grumble. She had wanted to show off as well, but with that out the window, she supposed they might as well just be on their way, soon as she had tossed this properly.

"Yeah, we might as well pop on back before the ship sinks. I could use some more coffee anyway."

She cemented this by giving off quite a yawn and shaking her head, before wandering back towards work. Hopefully everything were still fine there after their departure earlier.

=========================================================================================

@~Phoenix~

Smokey stood and looked at Phoenix as she rejected his offer, neutral and trying to think about what had just happened.

Then, he started to laugh. A low chuckle to begin with, but it went up into a regular laugh a little after, and going on for about seven seconds before he leaned back with a relaxed look on his face, as well as a slight blush from the feeling of stuffing his own hoof a long way down his throat.

"Heh, I really went too far there, didn't I? I'm sorry Phoenix, I didn't mean to be so pushy about it, it's just..."

He went silent for a moment and looked up into the ceiling, trying to figure out how to put it.

"...I don't really have anypony to share all of this with...

I wanted this house and all that it entails because I wanted to be able to secure a good place for a family, have room for my friends, and even my parents, if they so chose to join me. I didn't want anypony I cared for missing anything like I had. But alas, my real friends are far apart, my parents prefer to stay in Dodge Junction, and with no siblings, I really only have Rose to relate to, and she doesn't take up that much space, nor resources.

The few that I do invite, or who comes to visit, I try to cater to, but when it came to you... I guess I got carried away because I wanted to impress you, and show you a side of life rarely gotten by those who starts at the bottom. It's been so long since I last had somepony here whom I had the chance to do so with, and back then it was mostly as a a way of thanking somepony who saved my life.

I hope you can believe me when I say that I'm truly sorry Phoenix. I didn't mean to make you embarrassed, or try and push something you don't feel comfortable with, I just wanted to make a memorable night for you. Something which, if you decided to leave, you would always have to look back on fondly."

This was a good deal more frank than he usually were with ponies. Where it came from he wasn't sure, but it honestly felt good to get it off his chest, and it didn't directly say all of the reasons why he wished to have her with him to dinner. Truth be told, he still wasn't sure himself, but he did know that it would just make it worse if he openly went *I think I like you, and I wanted us to have a fabulous date*. It just sounded sleazy, and if she did react well on it and it turned out that he didn't like her in such a way, things would just get really awkward, and she'd most certainly leave. Something which he'd mourn, as he enjoyed her company.

Outside the door, silent as could be, Grim shook his head a little at what he heard. Crazy foals in there were dancing around the subject like ferrets around bunnies, but it seemed like a small step had been taken by his employer at least. Hopefully it wouldn't be the last. The two of them seemed like they'd make for a cute couple, even if they both had bags of issues to bring along with them.

=====================================================================================

@Lloyd

"Yeah, he'll be fine ma'am. It happens sometimes."

The guards helped their companion to his hooves, and had him lean of them so he could wander off towards the hospital, just to make sure that everything was fine.

"Sometimes you think Pegasi is just carefree and floating through the air like it was nothing, and then stuff like this happens... Guess nopony is without some flaws, huh?

Anyway, we're here. Shall we go in? I assume you got the key at least? I don't wanna guess what might happen if i try to break in before you."

CHow wasn't sure that she had put some sort of spell to make sure nopony would be snooping around, but since it was a distinct possibility, he wasn't too keen on taking the chance with this, and ed up smacking himself into the building on the other side of the road. His spine would probably very much appreciate not going through that.

====================================================================================

@Lloyd

Athriel had started swatting as many of the beetles away from her as she could, but was soon about to be overtaken. Even with using some of the magic she had to use off, there was simply too many of them.

If it were not for her noticing how they just seemed to pass through Warlock, who wholly ignored them, this could well have ended up extremely poorly for her. Yet as she did, she too figured out that this was just an illusion, and with a hesitant mind, stopped fighting the beetles.

She seemed covered, before rising up through them like the mirages hat they were, and sporting quite the angry face. Something which seemed to amuse whatever creature was in here as a bellowing laughter echoed through the halls.

"Ahaha! So you made it through the first defense, albeit one of you only barely. Perhaps I should try something of my own?"

Strips of cloth appeared out of nowhere and covered the floor for the next five meters or so, and the sound of rocks cracking from the floor and falling down could be heard beneath. It would still seem level, but one wrong step, and down you went.

"Pff, unimpressive. There's enough space in here to just go above it."

Athriel spread her wings, went up and prepared to grab hold of Warlock, but she barely got off the floor before she felt something push her straight down again.

"Ah ah ah, no flying. And no floating either, pretty boy."

The grounding spell would keep Warlock down too, where he had to put physical legs on the floor to get through. Or well, it would have, if his specialty wasn't to eat magic, which should keep him safe at least, and  the voice from within annoyed.

===============================================================================================

@Lloyd

Scorn didn't seem pleased by the message.

"We're going to need the Serpanther for this."

"In due time. Let him simmer some down there until we do, so he can think about what he have done."

Attacking guards could get you days, or even weeks in prison normally, but in tough situations, decisions sometimes had to be made. As long as the guards were not severely injured, this could be tolerated somewhat, for the sake of a greater purpose, though a repeat offense wouldn't be tolerated. There would be ways without Zhu, regardless of what the dragon had told him.

"Are the guards in good health, or was it a brutal assault? And in such case, have you sent them to the infirmary?

And as for our plans, they are going to need him eventually, sadly, so he can't be made to serve a full sentence, unless it was severe."

==========================================================================================

@Lloyd

"That's good to hear. hopefully they can help fix up your friend as well, as nasty as his wound seemed to be."

"We've treated worse Lieutenant. Just don't disturb them. Takes a good deal of concentration to not make it worse."

"Of course doctor. I just wanted to see how everypony was doing in here. Ah, and whilst I remember it... I'm sorry, I don't know your name ."

She looked at Misty as she said this, a nd not the doctor whom had answered her before. The same one who were fixing up the last parts of the cast as she spoke.

"Regardless, your parents have left for the time being. Something about having to do something at home quickly. I can make sure you're brought to them when you're ready, if you want me to."

Not knowing better, and seeing how well they got along, Shimmer had assumed that Astral and Chow were Misty's parents. Not birth parents obviously, as Astral seemed too young and neither of them were Zebras, but foster parents didn't seem out of the realm of possibility, and she hadn't the chance to ask into that earlier.

=========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

Omen stood like an awkward puppet as she was embraced by Sen and Lin. The concept of hugging others were still weird to her, and didn't really feel natural to somepony like her, who usually sniffed an outstretched hoof before tentatively shaking it most of the time. She didn't say anything to it though. She was too focused on looking behind the two, at where the remaining statue was being gnawed on by the Refraction. Strange sight.

"...Feel?"

She glanced back at Sen as he asked her this, and tilted her head to the left, trying to think about how to answer this. Usually she didn't really feel anything, or at least not that strong. Usually it was the bad warmth she had taken notice off a few times after meeting the Longma siblings, and right now, that wasn't there.

"Nothing."

It was the only answer she could give that made sense to her. The only things that seemed to rumble under the surface were some of the emotions she didn't know how what to call or how to describe, so surely, it was just nothing, right?

"Something happened here?"

She understood the part with the fire, the same way that she understood magic. Basically, don't think about it, and don't let it hit you in the face. Seemed simple enough. What didn't were everything going on here, especially behind them. Did Discord do something again? Was that why there were ponies in crystal? Perhaps. Her master did many strange things.

===========================================================================================

@Widdershins

"Do you know the expression *he'd forget his head if it weren't screwed on*? I've never met a pony that fits better than you."

Happy said it with a grin and a jolly tone, but in his mind, he was rolling his eyes and imagining a better scenario, where he just grabbed hold in Ambie, shook him, and shouted at him *How have you survived for this long?* over and over again. Because that really seemed to be one of the seven wonders of the world, with everything that had gone n so far.

Okay, there might well be... Oh , who was he kidding? This world had more wonders than he could fill a book with, so that expression weren't worth much here, but the sentiment surely still worked, if only for him.

Getting to the forest, he was still mentally shaking down Ambie, when he took notice of some tracks in the dirt, leading into the forest. Deep ones too. Not the sort you got going from just pulling an empty cart around.

"Seems like we might have a trail to work with. Bless the Weather Unit that it didn't rain during the night."

Horses controlling the weather... There was another wonder to the list.

=============================================================================================

@Widdershins @Foxy Socks @~Phoenix~

Agni was not pleased with the cat's defiance, but she didn't demean herself with reacting to the furry distraction anymore. She just snorted demonstratively, and turned her head away from Opalescence in a way that made it clear how much more superior to the cat that she felt.

"I thank you ever so much for the kind words, but I am afraid that I am not much for clothes Miss Rarity, as it unfortunately interferes with my vines. Yet... Ah, perhaps I do have an idea for another time, when it is more prudent."

Using said vine, he gently unbuttoned the cape around his neck and lifted it up, showing more of the piece of cloth which had honestly seen better days. It was frayed, the pattern was fading, and it seemed like something that was a few steps away from either getting holes in it, or just unraveling for little reason.

It also showed his back off better, on where the grass were a little paler from the lack of as much sunlight as the rest of him got when he were within city limits, and showed off the base where the two vines would slide one. One side were it already were, and the vine seemed to fit rather tightly - Though this were mainly because the rubbery bark he had in place of a regular pony hide were somewhat flexible when it came to this. The other side however, simply had a patch of dirt stuffed into a hole there, like somepony had put a potted plant within his body. A sprout poked out of the dirt, which might seem weird, but was a good sign. It meant that the wound he suffered during the attack on town were healing, and his vine slowly growing back again.

Penny had done irreparable damage to it during the chaotic event, so what little that had clung on had to be cut off, and the ends of the remaining pieces of the vine needed to be planted in fertile soil. He had been lucky that there had been a doctor who knew of his kind, who could help with this, though the past was the past. He was just happy that his wound were healing again, though it would likely take weeks, or even months before his vine would be functional again.

"This have carried with me for years now, and it truly helps to shield the general populace from what I am for a time, so that there is no panic or worried glances when I pass into your settlements, but everything comes to an end. If you can think of a suitable design at some point, I would be honored to have you craft a replacement. I hear nothing but great things about your work, so I have no doubts about your abilities, or your judgement.

A flowery theme may well be an interesting choice. As an Evergrown, I already am quite a natural being, and building on such a concept sounds like it could be quite fitting. Perhaps something befitting the flower which resides in my mane?"

The flower growing in the front of his mane started to move like the wind was gently blowing past it, and the edges of his cape got lifted with a faint, green aura at the edges. It was a kind of telekinesis that his kind possessed, however, compared to the regular magic variant, it was weak. The Lotus elders were able to match it to some degree, but somepony like him? Whatever he held like this could easily be taken over by a regular unicorn, such as Rarity, which were why he didn't use it much. Mainly he just used his vines, but he figured it did not hurt to use it a little now, to spread out the cape so it was easier to have a look at it, rather than just have it dangle from a single point like a jacket.

=================================================================================================

@MiragetheChangeling

"Hehe, you're right daddy, this was a great idea!"

The pegasus/bat pony hybrid filly was laughing as she flew up and jumped around in the tree-crowns, whilst below, a bulky bat pony in his forties look on, with a tired smile spread on his muzzle.

"Be careful up there, okay? This forest haves a lot of strange creatures."

Whilst it did were meant as a word of caution, it was a little undermined by how he seemed to say so with joy in his voice, and a warm look in his eyes. Certainly, this forest were dangerous,a nd most parents would likely never let their foals in here voluntarily, but Stargazer wasn't just a regular father. As the helmet denoted, he was a member of the Night Guard. And a decorated one from the look of the belt of medals he had around his waist. He didn't have any armor on though, but he had been told that the blacksmith in Canterlot had been backed up recently, so it would take a few more days, but it should show eventually. Problematic to be larger than the standard issue armors could handle, but he wasn't complaining currently. If something bit him he would, but that was another deal entirely, and he was on guard.

A few creatures had approached out here so far actually, but they weren't too hard to chase away or fly away from, so things were going great, and quite honestly, it was good to be away from town like this. even if he had gotten some sleep last night, it was but one time in a hoofful of days where he had gotten little or none, and with all the crazy going on in Ponyville... Well, it wasn't just Jelly that had needed a long walk away from everypony, and where to better do that than in this forest? Long as they kept on their hooves they would be safe, and Jelly had been raised well. being the daughter of two Night Guards had given her plenty of advise, and from his side, some defensive training. Her mother had not approved of that, but he would rather be bickered at than let his daughter be a victim.

He had been meant to work in Ponyville today, but with the influx of Couriers, it had become less important for the locals to help out, and considering all the other guards there, he had eyed the opportunity to get away a little, and just have a nice father and daughter trip. It had ben a while since he had a chance for that, and frankly, it felt good. They were a few flying hours away from Ponyville, and had found a small lake clearing whee they landed, and he could see a lake not too far away from the direction they were headed. Everything seemed great.

Hopefully nothing would ruin it this time.

=========================================================================

@Battenberg

"Who me? Of course I do. We're just needing to got to the statue of Cloudstriker, and then uhm... A left? It was towards some kind of main street at least, and then I had to find a hobby shop with a doll in the forefront, and then turn right until I find Pepper Street, and then somewhere on that stretch should be Glitter Ridge Alley."

As a local, this should likely make Victoria cringe, as this was the worst, possible way to get there. Essentially they would either get lost, or wander in circles four times before finding the right street, which in this case were one of the *Dragons Only* territories. Might be this town were with both Dragons and Ponies, but some preferred to be segregated into their own communities, rather than having to mingle right off the bat. Usually the kind who didn't get along with the other race, though few lived in those places permanently. To most it was more of a transition situation.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 4

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins @~Phoenix~

"Agni, behave yourself. You're a much too pretty phoenix to act like that." 

Foxy made sure Agni wouldn't do anything rash, and stepped away from Opal. Cats and birds don't usually get along, and this were no exception. Foxy held a hoof up at the warm feathers of Agni to keep her in place. Foxy did not fear retaliation of Agni, and hoped to keep her behave and feel comfortable.

Foxy noticed when Briar had taken his cape of the injury he had gotten. While it may not look any more out of the ordinary to some, it did look like where one of his vines would be if he had any on that side. "I hope you don't mind me asking Briar, but were you injured there? I don't think I've noticed it before."

• Brohoof 2

@Dji @Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich Serenade faces Twilight "I do your Highness but...Her ears flatten and her eyes dart from side to side, "I must assurances to a patron that I would never divulge that without them present♪." She looked up at the Alicorn, "You have questions, and I am willing to answer those questions but...not here, not now♪"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta

Discord floated around the trio as if lounging on a couch, chuckling slightly at the thoughts he knew must have been going through Omen's mind. "Wasn't me" He assured, "To think, all of this because of a crazy pony." Discord made some dramatic 'woe is me' motions, "What is the world coming to? Oh to think one of Celestia and Luna's little lam-err... Ponies could cause so many problems." He continued on that way for a few moments before laughing at his own acting, "Oh, I just crack myself up." The chaos spirit said mirthfully, just before shattering into a hundred pieces, all of which then slithered over and reformed Discord standing next to the trio. Giving the two ponies and the one... whatever Omen is.. a hug, he chuckled again, "I'm sorry, I'm just in such a good mood. You've gotta love reunions!"

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

*two voices float towards Jelly and Stargazer*

???: AMANITA WATCH OUT! *seems to be a feminine voice*

???: for what?? Mirage!? Where’d you go!?

*a hissing sound is also heard along with frightened shouting*

Edited by MiragetheChangeling
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

that was quite the loaded response to what Phoenix had assumed was a simple request. however, it gave her a great deal of insight about what sort of pony Smokey was. in any case, she was grateful that Smokey had snapped out of it and realized his errors. 

how could she possibly hope to respond to what Smokey had said, though? on one hoof, she was absolutely flattered that somepony would even want to share their wealth with somepony like her. on the other, she was terrified. she wasn't terrified of the house, the money, or even Smokey. rather, she was terrified by the implications that his loaded response had hidden within. she was relieved to find that his boastfulness wasn't out of blind arrogance, but rather, because he wanted somepony to share it with. he went through all this trouble to get himself such a large house, yet he himself was a lonely stallion, longing only for companionship. but what did that mean for Phoenix?

something had caused Phoenix to suddenly drop her spoon as she released it from her magical grip. *CLANG* it rang out as hit the floor. there was this strange feeling in her stomach, and she had no idea what it meant. it almost felt like some fuzzy entities putting pressure on the inside of her stomach, and such a feeling was rather nauseating. she would curse to her own body for giving her something like this at such a bad time, but it seemed as though all of this was beyond her influence. 

the symptoms were easy to see on her face, as she grew a bit pale. Phoenix couldn't tell if she was simply nervous, or if she truly was about to be sick. however, she decided to err on the side of caution, and she knew she needed to seek out a bathroom, immediately. and after she was done puking or whatever, she would need some time to herself to process all of this heavy information that was just given to her.

she pushed herself out of her chair, as she stood, refusing to look into smokey's eyes. not because she didn't want to, but simply because her own body refused to let her. only a moment later, she turned tail and bolted out of the dining room, as she made her way back to the very same bathroom she had used before. no pony would have a chance to object as she shut the door with her magic as soon as her last hoof made its way across the threshold.

she sat herself down against the far left wall, and tried to calm her own breathing. her heart was pounding harder than she had ever felt before, and the strange fuzzy feeling in her stomach continued. she put her head in her hooves as she tried to figure out what was going on. all of these foreign emotions were starting to drive her mad, and she wasn't sure how long she could go without knowing exactly what they were. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

As Discord embraced Omen and the siblings, Sen could feel that kind of warmth familiar to him from years earlier. The kind that puts him at ease that strangely didn't feel off with Discord in their presence. It was a very reassuring kind that he would agree with him; a reunion like this just makes him all fuzzy. But there were still questions and those needed answers. 

"Discord's right about that," Lin replied while looking at the miners who were just freed from their immobile state. "These parasitic crystals are the work of somepony who messed around with that kind of magic and trapped those miners. They've been encased in crystal for years and you nearly shared their fate. It's a good thing you weren't completely encased yet because your tail was still visible. Which reminds me..."

"Why did you come here?" 

Sen quickly interjected but Lin didn't mind it despite their animosity. That was exactly the question she intended to ask despite thinking she should hold off on asking Omen questions. This one was still pretty important to get out of their system while still in their heads.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

"Isn't too much coffee unhealthy? I'm sure they're only supposed to be drunken, like, a mug a day."

Lance had tried not to sound rude, but the amount Berry talked about coffee and lack of sleep surely wasn't very healthful and he couldn't help himself. He was curious to what her answer would be, anyways.

• Brohoof 1

@Moonlit & @Seamore Sandwich & @Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE & AURORA LIGHTS

“So, for now, Siren is fine?” Twilight asked confusedly and began walking in time with the siren’s paddling along the river until Last told them to stop. She sat by the river bank and waited for her impromptu guard to return. “I understand your concerns and secrecy. I’ll abide by your wishes until we are able to speak freely.”

Aurora stopped in her tracks, blinking at the sight of a pony approaching her. She spotted a couple of ponies in the distance but didn’t give them much thought beyond ‘there are others in the Everfree?’. She stood silently and went to greet the pony only to stop when she realised that the mare made an effort to get her leave. “Why should I leave? I’m perfectly fine walking along the bank. It’s not like there are Sirens or anything,” Aurora chuckled.

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

“Yeah, an ice pack would be great,” Dawn was grateful to Pop but her gaze was centred solely on Kaltrops. Why did he kiss her. Why did her scar hurt so much when his muzzle touched it. She winced when she clamped her wing over it and if anypony looked her way, they’d notice a slight tremble to her body from the effort of keeping the pain hidden. “I’m just ... thinking while standing around, Kaltrops,” Dawn managed to speak without a tremor to her tone and she was slightly proud of that fact. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom 

@Moonlit 

@Dji 

So I guess you’ll be STICKing around?”  Charlie joked with the newcomer, possibly drawing unwanted attention toward the siren.  Well, Charlie was oblivious, as always.  Something was definitely off though, as time seemed to be distorted.  It was as if Charlie were moving much slower than the rest of the others.  What could this possibly be?  Their speech seemed to be normal, but time seemed to be skipping ahead.  What Charlie didn’t realize is that this was the effect of being tied to somepony who left their own timeline.  Would the effects be permanent?  What else could happen?  Would time be able to repair itself after this?  Only time would tell... wait... time is the very problem here! Time would only make things worse!  Who could stop the very fabric of time from being torn apart?  Luckily, someone was already working on it...

Stay tuned for the return of The Traveler!

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

She chuckled and just pulled out a set of keys and opened the door. "I wouldn't do that." She walked inside and breathed deeply, finally she was back in a location where she could relax. She walked into the living room and sat down. "Okay now to remember where we put the books."

====================================================

Warlock smirked as he ate up the spell, feeling the magic of it pour into him. "Impressive magic, too bad you can't be our ally." He floated over, consuming the spell attempting to keep him down, floating right over the cloth. Landing on the other side of it, and striking his sword into the ground, a igniting a spell that burned up the cloth, and created a permanent flame that lit up the walls of the temple, surely revealing the thing behind the spells, if not, Warlock would go to more extreme methods, especially since what was being used on him was magic, he could go to more extremes without issue. "Now show yourself, peasant." He said, putting great emphasis on his words, wanting to rile them up.

He lowered his head at that, realizing he had forgotten to check on them. "They were only knocked out, but still at the princess's room, I can send a guard to check on them if needed." He said turning away a little, ready to leave to get a guard to check on them.

She chuckled a little. "Technically only the mare is my parent, although she's more of a friend and caretaker. The other is just a friend we met." She said with a giggle. "Oh and my name is Misty."

• Brohoof 1

On 30/11/2017 at 7:38 PM, Blitz Boom said:

You could hear the dragoness gnashing her teeth,a nd her hand was trembling under the dirt as she fought every instinct in her body with the logic that were in this. The guard needed help, and annoying as it were, the disease fountain was the only one who knew exactly how to do so.

it took a lot of her strength to push through it, but eventually, she would lift herself from the ground, and let her geomancy rest. Her last bit were used to topple over the rocks around Blood so that she could get out of there, though it had been oh so tempting to instead have them fall inwards, and make a satisfying crushing sound on top of the zombie.

"Help him, now."

Her words were cold as ice, as her brain began to think further on things, rationalizing things that wouldn't take her anger away, but gave her a perspective that directed some of it towards herself.

Specifically, it was about how she had tried to help, but then just left. After going to the forge and completing the base idea of an amulet with some degree of harmony magic that she hoped would keep the infection in check on the sickly mare, she hadn't gone out to look for her again. instead, she had just stashed it, and gone on about her business, thinking that she would send word on how those who met her should deal with her, rather than track her down and finish what she started.

It might be that Blood was a monster, who had more lives on her consciousness than any other being she had ever met, but that were exactly why she shouldn't have been so dismissive of this. Dulling her edge, could cause that safety risk to be kept better in check, and save countless lives. Her own aggressive stance on how to deal with the pony did not warrant her negligence, and especially not considering she still needed to find that island that Blood had seemingly made a horrid mess of, and might end up needing a sample of the toxic mare's blood to make at least an attempt of fixing things.

If the isle wasn't thought of, and she just demolished the pony right here and now... The dragoness would be to blame if it spread, and she did not want this on her, though right now, she were still pretty on edge, and logic could only get her so far. Getting pushed to much would make her instinct react instead, and her instinct were not suggesting her pleasant things.

As for Slappy, he were still in the same position, and whimpering. He would be pretty easy to get near and do something to without any issue. He didn't even take notice of what was going on around him.

Blood blinked as she was released from the stone, she managed to wiggle out of it with some help from the dragon. It seemed she had talked her way out of this again, she blinked not yet at the smirking phase. She picked up the amulet that Slappy was meant to have been wearing. he nearly ruined everything along with this dragon. She rolled her eyes at his whimpering, he was like a small foal that needed to be taken care off. She would ensure that was done swiftly.

Blood moved towards Slappy keeping a eye on the dragon at all times, encase she had a change of heart. She quickly put the fallen amulet around Slappys neck causing him to stop moving. Then she turned around and faced Nerzhei, "You might want to step back for this part" she warned with a smirk, she was gonna be doing some voodoo shit here, or something that hand't been tried before.

She picked up a stick and started drawing a nice long circle around Slappy, then she rummaged in her bag and brought out several fish, before laying them around the now very dead Slappy, letting the freshly killed fish leak there blood around Slappy, this would be the part of the blood sacrifice. This transformation was probably going to ruin his armour and all. Blood's eyes glowed red as she finished doing her little ritual, she waited and watched the fish slowly turn from there healthy colour towards a rotten state in a matter of seconds.   

While the fish started to Rot, Slappy began to lose his pale colour and return to his natural colour. His eyes began to turn from there cloudy back to sharp and focused. Now he was no longer a zombie he was just simply dead. Blood began to pace around the dead Slappy while holding another fresh fish, and growling in her own sort of way. She continued this for several more seconds which turned into minutes before suddenly Slappy started to breath again. 

Though his life had come at a cost, that cost would be the hundreds of dead fish that had paid the price for it, they were now floating ontop of the nearby lake. That nearby lake would now be a place of death, though after all Blood had followed Nerzhei  orders of 'Help him Now'. She turned to the dragon "it's done, hes alive, are you happy?" she asked frowning at the dragon. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Victoria's eyes were still turned up to the sky and she didn't seem to be 100% listening to what Benny was saying, though there was a slight eye roll as he listed his travel plan.

"Don't let me get in your way... unless you really don't know where you're going."

She looked at him now, still frowning as usual.

"These streets are so filthy, the quicker we get round them, and the quicker we get to a place with a ceiling, the better."

It was strange how worried she seemed to be about the appearance of her sister's apprentice, though they had clashed earlier it didn't seem like there was any huge dislike for one another, especially on Sprinkles' side.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Lloyd

"Magical books? Now wherever could those be? Pity you don't have a hidden basement or something that were specifically used for all of the shady stuff. That might've made it a whole lot easier."

Chow was clearly being sarcastic, and he could barely control his laugh enough so that it was but a chuckle when he said this. Perhaps not the nicest way of going at this, but sometimes his muzzle was faster than his brain, and things like this popped out there with little to no control on his part. That or he was just a dummy, one or the other.

Now, where to find that there spoon they needed to open the door...

======================================

@Lloyd

Another bellowing laughter was heard from somewhere deep within, as Warlock uttered his demand.

"So the element of Greed himself have shown up making demands. haves he? I should cause the hall to fall upon your heads for this insolence, but you did rid me of that pesky binding spell... Hmhmhm, perhaps I would have more fun by letting you move on, my *saviors*."

Another laughter broke out, before the voice boomed down the halls, no longer carrying itself gently on winds.

"Come to me then, fools. Surpass the illusions and traps set by the pesky beings that bound me here, and prove your worth to me, face to face."

"You're going first Warlock. The illusions are handled better by you than me."

Athriel grumbled to herself, trying to wrap her head around what exactly they were facing. She had thought some kind of nightmare being from what the scribbles had said before, and the illusions seemed to support that. Yet the more the creature spoke, and acted against them. The less this seemed the case. Though what was it then? Grrr, she hated being uncertain, but she needed time to think. Perhaps once she passed the part with the pa- Wait, whaaAARGH!!

A shriek of surprise came from Athriel as some cloth wrapped around her ankle and dragged her down the hall. It wouldn't get far before she cut it off, and looked with hatred down the fiery path.

"You however, almost failed a test. Do better, or your friend will have to try and win not just the element, but your life as well."

"I will look forward to drain you for this, *Guard*"

Another response met only with laughter, though after that it went silent. Whoever eas in there were done with them for now it seemed, or had wandered somewhere to prepare for them.

====================================

@Lloyd

"Remember to care for your subordinates, General Wing, even in times of crisis. Check up them, and I will tell you off our plan when you have sent somepony off. It involves some degree of caution to the wind, but it might end up being one of our best shots at capturing our foes."

Frankly he wasn't too sure about this. But Scorn had some insight that he did not, so he had to listen to the Dragon and his expertise at least once in a while. This seemed like one of this situation.

==================================

@Lloyd

"O-Oh my, I'm sorry, I didn't know he was just a friend. They seemed equally concerned about you, and went together everywhere, I just assumed that they were together."

Well then, that was awkward. Guess she should have not jumped to conclusions after all, but at least Misty did not seem to take it badly, so that was good. She'd much prefer to not having to muddle up things here, if possible.

"Well, thank you for correcting me then Misty. It might save me some embarassment when they return. Hopefully whatever they have run off to handle, will not keep them away for too long."

=======================================

@The Resident Brony

The general nodded, whilst both her and Vivid calmed down. It seemed that Invictus did not react as rash over the way he was presented with things as they had both expected. Screecher even felt slightly impressed, though she wasn't going to show that. Bolstering egos was not her line of work, and she had a note to focus on.

She barely had to though. As soon as she got it, the writing style stuck out like a sore thumb, and when she ripped off a small piece of the corner, the ever so faint smell of ocean stuck into her nostrils, confirming her suspicions.

"Tidal Wave wrote this. If the style didn't tell me already, the ingrained small stuck inside the paper would. If you want to know what the meaning of this is, you need to find her."

=============================================================================================

@Foxy Socks

Agni did not respond to the half-way order of Foxy, but so far she kept on ignoring Opalescence. That would likely be the best outcome they could hope for currently, when it came to two proud and stubborn creatures such as them.

As for Briar, he were momentrily confused as to the question, before he realized what it were that she must have meant.

"Ah yes, that. During the attack in town, I grabbed a mare falling down a roof with my vine. Apparently, she were rather paniced and fired off some kind of energy blast that essentially tore most of my vine off. I might be able to regrow a lost appendage like this, but it does not mean that the experience was any less painful, though thankfully I was knocked out, and when I came too, a kind doctor of the Pony variety had cut off the scorched parts, and replanted it, saving me from most of a painful process.

As mentioned though, it will regrow, so there is nothing to worry about. It may be weeks, or even months, but the fact that it is budding already gives me hope about the dirt being quite rich and fertile, which will help the process. As long as I remember to water the area regularly, it should not be an issue, though I thank you for your concern."

================================================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Dji

"I'm not here to make you leave, I'm here to ask you to bring a message across to some pony in town. The Princess is wandering near the riverbank and is helping to secure an injured pony to the hospital, and I don't want to risk her focus waning and the mare falling out of her grip. She is not looking good, and needs to get to the hospital undisturbed. Can you go into town, and just say something to the first local you see? It's important to get out there quickly, and I'm in no condition to keep running."

Back at the river, whilst Last was meeting Aurora's gaze with an unblinking stare and a tone that made it sound like less of a question and more of a statement, a voice came out of seemingly nowhere as Charlie began to speak up.

"I don't think she can hear you from her- Whoops."

If she were corporeal right now, Cherish would have blushed. She were doing a somewhat okay job of just following them so far, unseen and checking up on stuff, and beyond trying to take the blade from the shrine maiden before (Stubborn mare had been impossible to even budge) she had kept on the down low.

Perhaps if she were lucky, everypony would just ignore her. Especially Twilight , whom the specter well remembered, but had hidden from the last time she had seen her in the castle. Unicorns frightened her, though this time, the mare seemed to be an Alicorn? She had no idea how that was possible, but surely she must have been like this for a long time, and Cherish had just missed the wings the last time she saw her. Alicorns didn't just get made after all... Right?

======================================================================================

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

Another hug, another situation where Omen essentially just went limp and waited until she were let go off again. Strange how so many creatures in this world liked hugs so much, even master.

She had tried to learn after he was gone, by going to a few random ponies and attempt it, to see if that would make them mor e friendly, but they had just backed away and shouted at her some more. Being the servant of Discord had gained her quite a bad reputation back then, even if she had never hurt anypony. She just delivered messages, and found things. Sometimes ponies too, if Discord wanted to talk witht hem and didn't feel like just snapping them to him. Perhaps that was more to make his acquisition of Omen seem like it had a purpose, as in reality, he could do everything that Omen did himself, and then some. She were more of a novelty, or a souvenir, even if she had never seen herself like that.

"I found a weird bauble here once. Smelled of strong magic, so I thought it could help Sen."

Hugs being a weird subject she could think about at length, and everything else going on here confusing her, it had been good when her siblings had asked her something concrete, which she could answer. The questions were still roaming through the head, but at least this time, there weren't being added more.

"Glittering pony came out of a statue when I touched it. Shouted a lot, then told me to stand still, and did something with the bauble. Many words and strange lights, then my voice didn't work."

Omen hadn't noticed how she had been knocked out before by Rose, via the magic that had fragmented her and caused a part of her to go into the bauble. So for her, she had one second stood and looked at a weird pony, and the next had laid on the ground and seen everything out here, unable to tell what was going on, and incapable of speech. A weird day for her.

"She said she would help me get the magic out. Did she call you here? Is Sen immortal now?"

She went over to her adoptive brother and friend, and started to sniff him, to see if there was anything changed with his life energy. Lin's changed when she did, so her best idea was that Sen would too, if the time had come.

From what Discord had said, he likely knew the truth before Omen had *spoken*. That Rose had used her to complete the ritual to drain the gem, and then left the Ki'Nathar to rot in the cave along with the ones who had helped capture her ten years ago. A very ominous pony to begin with, and now, whoever she actually were, were out in Equestria, with who knows what kind of magic empowering her and likely an axe to grind.

@MiragetheChangeling

Stargazer heard the voices and gritted his teeth. He was a guard after all, and hearing anypony shouting that another had to watch out, followed by hissing, was never a good sign. At best this was just a joke, but more than likely, something in this forest was about to hurt a civilian and they needed help.

"Jelly, stay put."

"Okay daddy."

Jelly might know some of what her dad did, and had some bravery herself, but the noises were still a little scary to her, and when he was here, she certainly didn't need to do anything. As was evident when he burst towards the wound, ready to tackle whatever beast were causing whoever the female voices belonged to, or perhaps distract i? They would see what he were dealing with soon enough.

@~Phoenix~

Smokey stood wordless as he saw Phoenix pull back from him and burst out of the room, as if she had been scared away.

No, not just like, it---She had been scared away, hadn't she? Oh Billowing you fool, what had you done? Finally he had managed to bring somepony to his residence who seemed like somepony he'd enjoy spending his time with, and then he had chased her away within a matter of minutes...

The stallion sat with his head in his hoof, wallowing in his shame, when a shadow was cast over him, and he looked up with teary eyes and hope in his voice.

"Phoenix? I'm s-"

His words stopped and the hope withered as he instead looked up on Grim, who were looking at him with blood trickling from his nose. An unfortunate side effect of being behind a door that was suddenly slammed into his face when Phoenix had busted out of the room.

"You're bleeding I sh-"

"Go after her."

Smokey's eyes widened a little as he was given what amounted to an order from his butler.

"N-No, she must need space, and y-"

"Go after her, or as Celestia is my witness, I will slap you silly."

"But..."

A slap followed, and Smokey looked in shock at the elder stallion, who until now had never laid a hoof on him.

"No. Stop overthinking things and listen to your emotions for once."

There were so many things that Smokey could say and do, but the stern look in Grim's face as he pointed behind him, towards the hall that Phoenix had run down, made them wither in his mind. A few seconds passed that felt like hours, before Smokey finally got up from his seat and ran as fast as his legs would take him, towards the best bet he had of where Phoenix were: The bathroom from earlier. It had easier accessible locks, and it was closer. If not there, he would keep on running around, looking in desperation as he shouted her name with a distraught tone.

Back in the kitchen, Grim went over to the sink and started to clean his bloodied nose whilst shaking his head. He had never thought he'd end up actually hitting his employee and friend like this, but sometimes that colt just didn't understand something by words alone, and this was one thing that Grim wasn't gonna let slide past his nose- The two of them seemed like they might end up getting along really well, and he wasn't going to let a budding romance end abruptly because she were afraid to confront it, and Smokey thought she needed space.

"Rose is not gonna like this..."

He chuckled to himself and kept on cleaning, whilst thinking about how he were going to break this to the love-struck mare when she eventually returned. Somehow, he did not think it would end well.

========================================================================================

@genessee

"Hay yeah it's dangerous if you get too much, but do you have any idea how much longer it takes to rummage through ponies trash at night with all of this rubble? I barely made all the new ones before work, so I need my caffeine. Sweet, delicious, ulcer-inducing caffeine."

The thought alone almost made her muzzle water. Just a nice, big mug of Pumpkin Latte would hit the spot, or even a Hazelnut Swirl, if they were low on pumpkin. Something with some taste in it, and she were golden.

"What sort do you drink? And don't tell me Black Coffee. It's about as exciting as saying you like your sandwiches with an extra slice of bread as the filling."

=================================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

Pop didn't waste any time taking off towards her nearby home, where she could retrieve an ice pack, which left Dawn alone with Spicy, who had gotten done with deterring the crowd from keeping watch over them, and for a lack of something better to do, now turned her attention towards the pony.

"Sure sounds like he doesn't want you to leave right now. Funny how things can change with a kiss, ain't it?"

Perhaps this was poking to things too much, but really, what else was she going to do? Stand around silently and juggle? Not that she could do either of those for any length of time, but that was besides the point. Point here were that she were bored, and slightly disappointing that things had not exploded into more arguing between the dragon and pony after their heated moment, so she tried to take contact. Not the most subtle of ways, but eh, sometimes you shouldn't bluff.

======================================================================================

@BloodDrops

Nerzhei watched what was going on with seething anger, but with an annoyingly rising interest as well. Being a scholar who partly wanted to examine and refine ways of using stored magic to help in all kinds of tasks, seeing this unknown kind of magic was intriguing, and no matter how much she wanted to bury Blood alive- Undead, she listened and took a few steps back when it was mentioned, and glanced at the process as it proceeded on the quiet guard, who had stopped basically doing anything when the amulet was placed around his neck.

Voodoo were not something she had heard off or read about before, so she thought she were learning of a whole new kind of magic here. Until the fish in the lake floated dead tot he surface, and she understood what kind of thing she had just witnessed. Something which made her wince, and take another step back in disgust.

"Sacrificial magic... Blasphemy."

Whilst she believed in studying all sorts of magic to discover their usage - including Chaos, Blood and Breezie - the line were drawn when it came to the perversion of magic that were fittingly named Sacrificial. A Vile, disgusting school of magic that drained life from other living creatures to fuel some sort of dark act. In this case, returning life to the guard who had been killed before, by emptying the nearby lake for life. Likely the pool of water itself were now deadly as well, and would have to be completely emptied, but that was frankly going to be a problem. She was a Geomancer, not a Hydromancer, and moving this much water would be difficult without spilling it for her.

It was thankfully sectioned off for now, and perhaps some degree of life magic might be able to get something back into this place, but that was again, above her pay grade. Life magic had not been easy for her to come by, and with being in a new area like this... She were likely going to have to find some kind of authority to report this to, and see if some of the local unicorns had something in mind for this, or a way or harnessing life magic. Not an easy one, but she would have to try, or this would just spread via the animals. Or anything that drank from it would just die on the spot. The better of two evils, but still not ideal.

"...Is this how you became what you are? A storage of disease and death, because you meddled with forbidden magic? It haves to be. Why else wouldn't you try and use this to cure yourself?"

Anger still seethed under the surface, but right now, Nerzhei was having a moment of revolt over the horrendous magic she were bearing witness to, which were causing her to seek distance between the two of them. Perhaps soon her anger and want to cleanse this filth from the face of Equestria would win over again, but there was a moment of reprise for Blood until then.

====================================================================================

@Battenberg

"Nono, I'm sure I got it. Just have to follow the directions."

Pop let out a sigh and rolled her eyes a little. After the vague instructions, she had hoped that Victoria would have jumped in and made this easier, but it seemed like nothing was going to be easy.

"Victoria, do you know the fastest way to Glitter Ridge Alley?"

"I just told how to get there."

Benny sounded a bit hurt from what Pop had said. It sounded like she didn't trust him, even after that Dragon at the edge of town had been so helpful as to give them directions.

"I don't want to cast doubt on you dear, but those directions doesn't sound right. And it doesn't hurt to ask another one who lives in the area to be sure, right?"

The dragon pouted a little, but nodded. He understood her point.

"I know we're not on the best terms Victoria, but the quicker we get there, the faster you could do something you'd like to instead, right?"

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

*a youngish female Changeling is in a protective stance in front of a young Changeling princess, the hissing sound is coming from the one in the protective stance*

???: look here you shi* head. You had better leave Amanita alone or I will tear you to shreds.. *she seems ready to do so as well, in front of them appears to be a Timberwolf, somewhat smaller than others of its age* *the Changeling resumed her hissing from before* “I swear if it hurts Amanita I will kill it until it can’t reform again.” *the Changeling mare seemed to be interested only in protecting the mare behind her* *this mare has the normal black body of the old form of Changelings, but with a slight purple tint, her mane thingy and her tail look grey, her bug-like wings a transparent purple, and her eyes a dark purple*

???: M-Mirage? W-what’s going on? W-where’d you go? *this mare’s panick filled eyes also seemed to be faded/clouded over* “oh no... I hear something else approaching! What if it’s another one of those creatures!?” *the young mare seemed to be frightened not only by the Timberwolf in front of them, but she was also swinging her head around and flicking her ears to and fro nervously* *this mare’s wings also have the transparent purple to them, but her coat/exoskeleton has more of the purple tint to it, her mane and tail are a lighter purple, and her eyes are a faded/clouded over eyes are purple*

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Phoenix was sat down in the corner next to the toilet, propped up against the wall. she was almost positive at this point that she wasn't going to be sick, but she had stayed next to the toilet just to err on the side of caution. she sighed, as she let her head slump down into her forehooves. she was terrible when it came to this sort of confrontation. but why? she had been able to easily confront many ponies in her time living alone in the woods. everything from merchants, whom she had bought supplies from, to bandits who she had to fight off. she was amazing in combat. however, this was different. rather than combating other ponies, this time she was combating her own emotions. how long could she push them away in her mind before it ultimately blew up on her?

of course, Smokey was no moron. this was his house and he was well aware of just about every hiding spot in the house, she was sure of it. so it was no surprise when she heard him walk into the room. she had almost hoped he wouldn't, because this meant she would have to confront him, as well as her own emotions again. hiding from it was slowly becoming more and more difficult as her time spent with him went on. 

however, not every ounce of her being was filled with dread. she lifted up her face and her gaze unintentionally met with Smokey's. as it did, a warm feeling began to fill her heart. this sensation wasn't at all sickening, like the fuzziness in her stomach was. rather, this one was rather pleasant. and this time it would be difficult to remain in denial, like she had been for the last couple of days. 

not wanting to be cornered and forced into the confrontation, she decided to stand up and meet with Smokey in the center of the room. as she approached, her heart and mind began racing in a million different directions. thousands of questions rang through her head. "should i run? should i stay? should i have never agreed to come along in the first place?" were just a few that stuck out to her. 

she hadn't the time to answer any of these questions though. as she neared her destination, her mind grew eerily calm. 

she stood in front of him, with her cheeks as red as a sunset, clearly showing even through her orange fur. only one string of thought came to her mind at this point. "i need to find out for myself if all this is worth the trouble" she thought to herself. her heart raced even more, as she realized what she was about to do was insane, but there was no stopping it now. in order to overcome all of this, and finally settle down, she needed to do this

she leaned forward, extending out her muzzle. it felt like her approach lasted for hours, but in a climactic moment, her lips eventually made contact with his. she didn't simply stop there, however. she had decided to push her face forward a little more, adding a bit of pressure behind it as she closed her eyes. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Lance blinked a few times when she mentioned rummaging through everyponies trash at night. I shouldn't be surprised at that. However, he quickly gathered his bearings and continued the conversation.

"I usually don't drink coffee. It's either sugary drinks or cider, but when I do end up drinking coffee it's just a double espresso. I don't ever drink coffee unless I accidentally slept in super late for something and don't have the time to wake myself up or need to stay up really, really late for something."

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Nerzhei watched what was going on with seething anger, but with an annoyingly rising interest as well. Being a scholar who partly wanted to examine and refine ways of using stored magic to help in all kinds of tasks, seeing this unknown kind of magic was intriguing, and no matter how much she wanted to bury Blood alive- Undead, she listened and took a few steps back when it was mentioned, and glanced at the process as it proceeded on the quiet guard, who had stopped basically doing anything when the amulet was placed around his neck.

Voodoo were not something she had heard off or read about before, so she thought she were learning of a whole new kind of magic here. Until the fish in the lake floated dead tot he surface, and she understood what kind of thing she had just witnessed. Something which made her wince, and take another step back in disgust.

"Sacrificial magic... Blasphemy."

Whilst she believed in studying all sorts of magic to discover their usage - including Chaos, Blood and Breezie - the line were drawn when it came to the perversion of magic that were fittingly named Sacrificial. A Vile, disgusting school of magic that drained life from other living creatures to fuel some sort of dark act. In this case, returning life to the guard who had been killed before, by emptying the nearby lake for life. Likely the pool of water itself were now deadly as well, and would have to be completely emptied, but that was frankly going to be a problem. She was a Geomancer, not a Hydromancer, and moving this much water would be difficult without spilling it for her.

It was thankfully sectioned off for now, and perhaps some degree of life magic might be able to get something back into this place, but that was again, above her pay grade. Life magic had not been easy for her to come by, and with being in a new area like this... She were likely going to have to find some kind of authority to report this to, and see if some of the local unicorns had something in mind for this, or a way or harnessing life magic. Not an easy one, but she would have to try, or this would just spread via the animals. Or anything that drank from it would just die on the spot. The better of two evils, but still not ideal.

"...Is this how you became what you are? A storage of disease and death, because you meddled with forbidden magic? It haves to be. Why else wouldn't you try and use this to cure yourself?"

Anger still seethed under the surface, but right now, Nerzhei was having a moment of revolt over the horrendous magic she were bearing witness to, which were causing her to seek distance between the two of them. Perhaps soon her anger and want to cleanse this filth from the face of Equestria would win over again, but there was a moment of reprise for Blood until then.

Blood blinked at Nerzhei words and raised an eyebrow at her poor choice in wording. "I would hardly call myself a storage of disease and death. Though it is true, I did do some meddling within this sort of magic during my doctorate days. Though for academic reasons and moral reasons to begin with." I remarked with a small yawn. "You see when I was much much younger then I am currently, I once had a patient with a cut hoof, now it was easy to cure though he got his hoof infected and didn't realise until it killed him. He was one of those working class ponies, kept on working till he dropped down dead from sepsis. Couldn't take a day off coz it would ruin him apprently"

"Now take another of my patients, nearly decapitated himself out of his own stupidity, though this time he was someone of importance and got priority service and survived, that got me thinking you see, why should one pony survive and another die just because they are considered different in society?" I continued, "So I started doing abit of necromancy here and there, giving those who deserved a second chance a second chance, correcting this biased system. Though unknown to me at the time this magic had a cost, for every pony that was spared, one must take its place." I continued.

"So it was eventually discovered that I might have accidentally killed, several ponies to spare more deserving ones. Long story short, there was a trial, i was found guilty and this sort of magic was used on myself. Though this magic is linked with Chaos magic, and it sort of caused me to become. What did you put it? Walking disease fountain?. Yeah so that town no-longer exists?, though you can't really blame me for that" I add with a snort. 

Blood blinked, she could have used it to cure herself though there was a good reason for why she hadn't done so. "Well, I could theoretically use it to cure myself. Though that would probably cause something more problematic then myself, perhaps a plague or famine. Also what right do I have to pass on what others have punished me with? That's equivalent to breaking out of jail" I add with a frown.

Blood then narrowed her eyes at the dragon, was she truly this naive. "Sacrificial magic, isn't blasphemy. Quite the opposite In fact. I do a necessary service,I am unique, I can reverse the greatest injustice in the land. Death itself can be a great injustice." I remarked to the dragon scholar. "It's true that many that live deserve death, maybe for a past misdeed or perhaps due to sheer luck they escaped death itself. Though on the flip side, there are some that died that deserves life. Take Slappy for instant, he was a circus performer then a royal guard. Now he might be very important though does that mean he deserves to die?" I queried.

"I deemed his life more then those that were sacrificed for it to be restored. Would the prey that sustain yourself have that much respect for your well being? Perhaps it would be better for me to cut your own life short so those that you will eventually sustain would be spared death?" I questioned her. "Don't be so quick to judge myself, I considered all possibilities before deciding on a course of action. I don't judge in death and life as quick as mortals. I weigh up the pros and cons of each individual's existence. If that individual is a positive or neutral then I leave it well alone. If its a negative then I might consider removing it to allow a more positive individual to survive" I add. 

"Though the number of individuals that I've removed from said method is less then the number of hooves i have." I finish blinking at the dragon. She might not like my methods but the results are sound. 

• Brohoof 1