Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What are Your top ten Favorite Pokemon?

BitterBubblegum

What are your top ten favorite pokemon? Just list them here!

Mine are:

10. chandelure

9. pumpkaboo

8. Infernape

7. Staraptor

6. Ambipom

5. Mega Absol

4. Totodile

3. Quilava

2. Luxray

1. SHINY EEVEE 

• Brohoof 1

Hm... This is going to be tough. For that reason this isn't completely in order. lol

1. Cubone

2. Fletchling

3. Sylveon

4. Sawsbuck

5. Swellow

6. Piplup

7. Samurott

8. Unown (I just really like the idea of ancient hieroglyphs coming to life as Pokemon, okay?)

9. Glaceon

10. Articuno

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

1. Flygon

2. Pikachu

3. Raichu

4. Snivy

5. Espeon

6. Manaphy

7. Sylveon

8. Persian

9. Meowth

10. Liepard

Those are the ones I can think of right off the top of my head. I have so many favorites though, so it was hard for me to choose just ten of them all at once. D:

• Brohoof 1

I don't have a top 10. It's difficult for me to come up with a top 10 favorite Pokémon and rank them all. But 10 of my definite favorites in no particular order include:

1. Keldeo (One of the reasons I got into MLP)
  2. Gardevoir
  3. Bulbasaur
  4. Rayquaza
  5. Eevee
  6. Zorua
  7. Ho-oh
  8. Zekrom
  9. Axew
  10. Mudkip
Edited by TheJLeeTeam

1. Ninetales: Closest pokemon in my leafgreen nuzlocke run. She really is #1 and absolutely deserves a mega.
  2. Aerodactyl: The scariest on my team in my Gen 3 days.
  3. Latios/Latias: Mostly because of the movie
  4. Togekiss
  5. Skarmory
  6. Jolteon
  7. Goodra
  8. Flygon
  9. Froslass
  10. Porygon-Z

Only the top two really have stories associated with them, the rest have served on my team in the past in some way or another. That or I just find them really awesome!

• Brohoof 1

10. Galvantula

9. Krookodile

8. Totodile

7. Volcarona

6. Tepig

5. Torchic

4. Gengar

3. Geodude

2. Tentacruel

1. Meowth, that's right!

Here's the list I was tempted to make:

10. Meowth

9. Meowth

8. Meowth

7. Meowth

6. Meowth

5. Meowth

4. Meowth

3. Meowth

2. Meowth

1. Meowth, that's right x10!

• Brohoof 2

Gonna put my top 10 from a blog post I made. :D

628.png

10. Braviary

This Pokémon is awesome. It is based on the Bald Eagle, one of the coolest birds to exist. The fact that it also has characteristics of a soldier makes it even better. I also love its Shiny colours. It’s pretty decent in battle, but I wished I had the chance to use it more. I found it anticlimactic that it is found at the very beginning in Victory Road. Thankfully, it was made catchable earlier in White 2, but I never got the chance to use it since I bought Black 2 instead.

472.png

9. Gliscor

This is probably the most adorable Pokémon ever. No, I don’t think Fennekin, Eevee, Snivy, Pikachu or any of those mascot Pokémon are cute at all, I think Gliscor has one of my favourite designs of any Pokémon. That aside, the reason why I started to like this Pokémon is the one in the anime. I just love how attached and childish it is. The said Gliscor has inspired me to raise my own when Platinum released. I started to like it even more after using one in my in-game team. From its usefulness in battling, to its lovely Shiny forme, and the fact that it’s a gliding scorpion, this Pokémon has got into my Top 10 quickly.

310.png

8. Manectric

When it comes to favourites, it seems as if a Pokémon I use in a team is bound to become one of my favourites. Manectric is no exception. I always pick up one of these Pokémon in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald because of how fast and powerful it is. I’ve used it too many times to the point where I like it for more than just its viability. I like its design, I like its cry, I like what it’s based on (a raiju) and I like its cool Shiny forme. I like its Mega Evolution too, but its stats and design are somewhat lacking. Then again, that’s how I feel about most Mega Evolutions.

701.png

7. Hawlucha

First off, I love birds, especially birds of prey. Secondly, it is two of my favourite types, them being Fighting and Flying. When Hawlucha was released, I had the stupidest grin on my face, since I really wanted a fighting bird. It wasn’t the fighting bird I thought of at first, but the one I thought of wasn’t as well designed as Hawlucha. The fact that it’s also based on a luchador is nice, albeit a little silly. I haven’t used one yet, and I don’t really plan to because of how underwhelming its stats are, but that doesn’t stop it from being a great Pokémon. Much like the Pokémon above, it has an awesome Shiny that reminds me of a supervillain… xP

430.png

6. Honchkrow

If I never used one of these in my in-game team, I wouldn’t really like it as much as I do now. Honchkrow is a fun Pokémon to use and experiment with, since the one I used in Diamond had both Super Luck and the Scope Lens, resulting in a lot of critical hits. Unfortunately, my Diamond file is lost, but the amounts of time and effort on this Pokémon made me love it even more. Not only it is pretty good in battles, but it has, much like the other Pokémon above (or below, for that matter), it has an amazing design. How could anyone say no to a crow with the attitude of a mafia boss? :P

330.png

5. Flygon

This is a Pokémon that holds a special place in my heart, as well as the Pokémon below. Flygon always has been one of my most favourite Pokémon for its great design, great typing and how useable it is in the main story. In fact, Flygon is my most used Pokémon in any in-game team, at a total of five times. While its stats aren’t anything impressive, they’re still enough for it to pull through in most battles it’s in. Also, it has a nice Shiny, but you probably saw that one coming… xP

395.png

4. Empoleon

Ooh, Empoleon. This Pokémon means a lot to me. The very first Pokémon game (or third, to be exact) I owned is Pokémon Pearl, and I always wanted this game because I always liked to watch the anime as a kid. When I first saw Piplup, I knew I had to use one of them when I get Pearl. Once I got my Piplup to evolve and saw this Pokémon for the first time, I’ve kept it in my party for many years. This Empoleon was also the very first Pokémon that leveled up to 100. I still have it after 6 long years, even though it has one of the worst nicknames I could come up with. That, and its great typing and awesome design (if a gentlemanly penguin isn’t awesome, I don’t know what is) has made it one of my most favourite Pokémon.

381.png

3. Latios

This Pokémon always has been in my Top 10 since 2008, where I first seen it in that wreck that is called Pokémon Heroes. Even then, I always loved Latios for its special abilities, its design and, dare I say it, its rather heroic role in the movie. I just always love this Pokémon for those reasons, nothing else. These reasons however are strong enough for Latios to reach #3 of my Top 10. Latias is a great Pokémon too, but not as much as this Pokémon. Latios’ Mega Evolution, however, is the most underwhelming Mega I’ve seen. I really want to like it, but its awkward design makes it a little unlikeable. It doesn’t help that it looks similar to Mega Latias.

620.png

2. Mienshao

The very first time I saw this Pokémon when pictures of the Unova Pokémon were leaked, this Pokémon has become one of my favourites. In my opinion, Mienshao has one of the best designs of any Pokémon, if not, the best. It may be bit of a stretch to say this, but there’s a lot to like about its design. It’s identifiable with a silhouette, it has colours that are easy on the eye, it looks similar to the many things it’s based on and seems to give off this vibe of sophistication to it. I believe it’s because of that face… xP Its design also made me like weasels, since before I didn’t care much for them. But it’s not just its design I really like; it is also really great in battles. That thing really helped me in many battles when I used it in two of my in-game teams for how fast and powerful it is. It’s abilities can also give access to a wide range of combinations, such as Regenerator + U-turn. Because of it’s potential at battling; I plan to use one in competitive battling.

539.png

1. Sawk

This Pokémon is my favourite for many reasons it’ll take a while to explain everything. But the thing that most Pokémon fans I come across question me why I like Sawk so much. To put it in a reason that would make sense, Sawk is my favourite Pokémon for the reasons why most people have it as their least favourite. By that, I mean its potential in battling, the fact that it’s a Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan “rehash” and most of all, its design. Granted, this Pokémon has its flaws, and there are a few things I don’t like about it, but I feel as if this is one of the most underrated Pokémon ever.

To start things off, I’ll talk about its its usefulness in battles. It can be found early in most of the games it’s in (was for Black 2/White 2, until the Dream World shut down), and for how powerful it is this early, its decent stats have helped me throughout the entire story. For some reason, I like it a lot to the point where I could never go without one in my party, which resulted in silly stuff like owning three Level 100 Sawks. While I don’t have plans to use one, I also know that it’s amazing in NU, a tier in competitive play.

Another reason why I like Sawk is because it’s a Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan “rehash”. Well, it isn’t as much as a “rehash” than it is a reboot, but that aside, why do I like Sawk for this reason? Hitmonchan was one of my favourite Pokémon. Yeah, it doesn’t justify much, but Sawk reminds me of the times when I really liked Hitmonchan. I don’t like it as much then I used to years ago, but admittedly, it and Hitmonlee’s designs are more expressive than Sawk and Throh’s. That doesn’t mean I don’t like its design, as I’ll be explaining this now…

I really, really like its design despite its flaws, such as how it’s not easy to identify with a silhouette. The shade of blue, the angry expression and the fact it’s based on an Oni makes it look quite cool. Unfortunately most people dislike its design because a) It’s not an animal, B) It wears clothes or c) they say it looks like Bert. (Also, am I the only person who thinks Sawk doesn’t look like Bert? :o)

Well, here’s something I got to say. Pokémon are meant to look weird, and Game Freak has been doing this since Pokémon was made. I’m thankful that the series has made creatures that wear clothes because it gives a lot of personality to that said creature. It could also give potential to some stories, like how humans created clothing because they we’re inspired to create more after seeing a few creatures wear it. I’m even more thankful that in this series there are more than just animals. If we were to have nothing but animals, then Game Freak would run out of ideas much faster then what most people say. Whenever I see a Pokémon that’s based on some supernatural spirit, a human or whatnot, it makes me smile because it not only gives more personality to that said character, but to also the world of Pokémon. Because of that, there isn’t a Pokémon that I truly hate, and I kind of wish more people thought of this, since Game Freak do put a lot of time and effort to please their fans.

Honorable Mentions:

Latias

Arcanine

Marowak

Smeargle

Sawsbuck

Edited by Mienshao
  • Brohoof 1

My top ten list eh?

In no particular order

Garchomp

Haxorus

Metagross

Gallade

Aegislash

Scizor

Blaziken

Golurk

Weavile

Salamance

Reason for those pokemon? Super Attack/Speed stats and excellent typing and lots of moves that they can learn (I know, I'm a stats freak c:)

Edited by Kneesocks

1. Sylveon

2. Eevee

3. Espeon

4. Umbreon

|

|

|

|

|

v the rest of the eeveelutions- haven't exactly ordered them yet.

_my__sylveon_compared_with_the_eeveeluti

9. Joltik

joltik_sketch_by_cilundi-d6djr2d.png

10. Probably Togekiss <3

BONUS: Ho-Oh, Shaymin, and Giritina are my un-ordered best legendaries. ^^

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 2

1. Buizel/Floatzel

2. Greninja

3. Lucario

4. Fennekin

5. Charizard

6. Typhlosion

7. Dragonite

8. Gogoat

9. Sylveon

10. Dewott

(Honorable mentions to: Zoroark, Emolga, Sawsbuck, and Hydreigon)

• Brohoof 1

#10: Butterfree

butterfree-color.png

I love doing Nuzlocke runs. And of course, someone crazy enough to do one has to be crazy enough to call a particular pokemon lucky. Well, butterfree is my lucky Nucloke run pokemon. Everytime I have one, I always do well on any Nuzlocke I attempt. This is also why I lost Emerald: there is no Butterfree in Emerald. (Also Norman is a bitch).

#9: Gliscor

gliscor.png

I love pokemon with tricky types and tricky movesets. You''ll see some later, but the first of many is Gliscor. I actually love using him to force switches, with the moveset of Dig, Stone Edge, Toxic and U-Turn. He''s very versitile and can be brutal when handled well enough.

#8: Scizor

scizor.png

Speaking of brutal, this one does one thing exceptionally well: Attack. having technician basically makes weak moves strong, and his high attack stat makes strong moves fatal. He also uses priority moves, so hes going first no matter what. He's also cool to look at. There's a reason why he was #1 in Gen 4's OU ranking.

#7: Starmie

starmie-color.png

Another fast, tricky pokemon. This time it can actually pack a punch himself though, with a wide range of moves he can use. ice beam, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Psychic, you name it. Also has a good set of status moves, so he can either be a powerhouse or a medic. Your choice!

#6: Exeggcutor

exeggutor-color.png

Another tricky member. But this time, sacrificing speed for defense. the only bad thing is his wide range of weaknesses, but otherwise, hes pretty scary in his own right. Hes also a 5 headed tree...

#5: Noivern

noivern.png

I love this damn thing. With a great ability in Infiltrate, a great move in Boomburst, and being a BAT DRAGON, hes very easy to love. Another fast attacker, he's more straight forward than others on this list. But he still gets the job done. I was sorely disappointed I couldn't ride one of these in X and Y.

#4: Umbreon

umbreon.png

Mixing it up here! Not only is Umbreon slow, he's not even a good attacker. or has an amazing moveset. But hes a total wall, boasting incredible stats and decent defensive moves. Arguably the best as far as Eeveelutions go. And it's so cute. Look at it. LOOK AT HOW CUTE IT IS!

#3: Clefable

clefable-color.png

Tanky like Umbreon. Good typing like Gliscor. Wide and varied moveset like Starmie. The best of all worlds, IMO. I love Clefable because shes just a cute little puffball, but kicks all kinds of ass. And can be genuinely surprising in many areas. And I like her a lot for another reason too...

#2: Porygon2

porygon2.png

Take the tankyness of umbreon, multiply it by 2 or so, and give it Clefable's moveset. You get Porygon2, and it doesn't even need to TRY to be tanky to be a tank. Just give it Eviolite, and it's defenses go to 400+. Add to that a move like Recover, and its sitting pretty for a long time. Add in its large and diverse movepool, and it becomes kind of terrifying. Not bad for a Robot Origami Crane.

#1: Gengar

gengar-color.png

This is the diverse moveset, terrifying speed, annoying typing/abilities and raw power taken to its extreme. Gengar is a real nightmare to deal with if its on the field, with its only true downside being that it cant take a hit. Gengar is one of the few pokemon to stay in the OU teir every gen, and it keeps getting new toys to play with ever couple of years. Its newest addition was a mega Evolution, which is even MORE terrifying than usual. Overall, a completely amazing pokemon. It's also theorized that gengar is the doppelganger to Clefable up there. So the two have a connection. Isnt that neat?

• Brohoof 1

@, Yet another Emerald fan boy, high five!

Mine, I prefer cute pokemons.

1) Jiraichi

2) Celebi

3) Nine-Tails

4) Eevees

5) Pikachu

6) Charizard

7) Pikachu

8) Gardevoir

9) Latios

10) Latias

Don't know why Charizard's in there, maybe cuz I used him all the time and he's lvl 100

• Brohoof 1

After seeing others here, I want to revise my list.

1. Flygon

2. Pikachu

3. Joltik

4. Darkrai

5. Espeon

6. Snivy

7. Altaria

8. Dragonite

9. Haxorus

10. Goodra

Yes, I do love dragon types. That's my favorite type of all.

Flygon is my number one because it's my most top rated favorite pokemon. There's just something about Flygon that I can't help but adore. I even have a really old ten/eleven year plushie of it as well. It's head sort of falls back, it's wings are broken and have to be pulled together with an hair tie... other than that... yeah. XD I love Flygon so much. My plushie is female, and her nickname is "Skye-chan".

Edited by AutisticAlice
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

This feels like the time for a wall of text.

10# Hariyama

This thing may not be the most beautiful Pokémon, it may not be the most useful Fighting-type, and he may have gained some weight on his legs, but I don't care. No Pokémon has saved me during my first playthrough (which was Emerald) like this guy. He arm-thrusted all the competition away like no other, and as the most logical decicion a newbie Poké-fan can make, I overleveled it until it could punch down the entire Flying gym on his own. But not the Psychic gym though...

9# Victini

The second Pokémon on this list with wierd legs, I simply like Victini because I find it cute. I have no idea why.

8# Metagross

Metagross is a four-legged chunk of steel that looks like he is calculating thousands of ways to tear you apart with his super-brain. Metagross is powerful, though, the main Pokémon of Steven, and looks ridiculously out of place with most other Pokémon. He simply looks cool.

7# Luxray

I tend to like Pokémon that looks like dogs or cats. Luxray fits well in, along with the fact that it actually was a Pokémon that found an important spot on my team in Platinum. It's an early Electric Pokémon, and it's fast evolution rate makes it a great companion far in the game (or in my case, for the rest of the game).

6# Every Single Eeveelution

Dogs and cats you say? Well then, meet Eevee. And it's eight cusins. The Eeveelutions manage to run a fine line between cute and awezome, and I don't have the heart to choose from them. While some of them might not be that useful in compedative battle, I don't care. They are cute, and I will bring them along all the way to the end.

5# Honchkrow

When I first met Honchkrow, he instantly crushed my team of randomly collected Pokémon with no appearant strategy. While this made me resent it at first glance, I soon came to dig the mafia-like appearance of the bird. And it's nice combination of Sucker Punch and Moxie. And it may also be from that DeviantArt-comic Random Doom...

4# Mightyena

There appears to be a large number of dog-Pokémon on this list, even though I prefer cats in real life. Mightyena has the honor of being the first Pokémon I ever caught... sort of (Pooch). And, of course, I brought it with me all along to the Elite Four (with some help from Rayquaza) and beyond. And while I quickly realized it was a really bad compedative Pokémon, I didn't care. And it did actually manage to do something good, with that Psychic-gym that rendered my Yama useless. Who would have though?

3# Latias

Latias may not be as badass as Latios, but I prefer grace over awezomeness and red over blue. I also find Latias very cute, and I really liked it in the movie (even though they sounded wierd), where it had a crush on Ash for some reason.

2# Absol

Absol really strikes me as the Pokémon who runs the fine line between beauty and fear, grace and badassitude. It is a feline, which is always a plus in my book, it looks awezome, it's Mega-Evolution looks awezome (with wings that do absolulely nothing) and it has a nice mix between black and white, ying and yang. But the most important part is it's lore and the fact that it's one of the most misunderstood Pokémon. Absol can detect natural disasters with its horn and will rush to warn people and Pokémon from most dangers. But because humans don't speak Pokémon and we tend to jump to conclusions, Absol is the one who gets the blame for the disaster, and has been hunted to near exctinction. Really depressing things in Pokémon.

1# Vulpix and Ninetales

When I was a five year old boy with almost no interaction with media outside of Norway, Pokémon was more or less the only cartoon I actually grew up with. And it was at that time I discovered Vulpix, and I instantly decided it would be my favourite Pokémon. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen! Fast forwards ten years and to my first interaction with a Pokémon game, I once again found my love for Vulpix and Ninetales. The combination of a cute fox and a majestic kitsune blew my mind. Not to mention the fact that Ninetales is "sorta" psychic, with it's nine cursed tails and 1000 year lifespan. Wonder what is does the next 900 years after it's trainer dies? 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Here is mine :3:

post-13690-0-51953000-1416118900.png

10. Amaura

When this Pokemon was first revealed before X & Y was released, I instantly fell in love with it. I thought it was so cute, and was based off a dinosaur I am fond of. However, my heart broke when I discovered that it (well, Aurorus) wasn't too great for competitive play due to its extremely frail typing (rock/ice), which gets it knocked out if you look at it the wrong way. Why, Gamefreak, why‽ Regardless, Amaura is a very cute Pokemon that will always hold a special spot in my heart.

post-13690-0-53632400-1416118909.png

9. Empoleon

Ah, my first starter ever in my first Pokemon game (though, I guess that's a given). Anyway, back in 2009, I got my first Pokemon game: Pokemon Platinum; and upon playing the game; I decided to choose Piplup as my starter (it looked the coolest to me, and I was a fan of water things/types at the time). This Pokemon was the star of my team, and its greatness went higher when it evolved into the regal Empoleon, who I eventually raised to Level 100 (my first Pokemon I raised to Level 100 as well). Empoleon mostly makes this spot due to nostalgia, but even on its own; Empoleon is a really cool Pokemon (no pun intended). Emperor penguins are pretty cool animals, and a Pokemon based off that is awesome.

post-13690-0-27581600-1416118921.png

8. Excadrill

My love for Excadrill didn't start until Generation VI, but the one on my team in that game's performance as a Pokemon definitely warrants Excadrill a spot on my top ten list. Excadrill hits extremely hard which is one of my favorite qualities in a Pokemon regarding its competitive use. But it took me a while to actually start liking it as a Pokemon rather than just for its destroy-everything battle strategy. I starting noticing its extremely cool design with the red splotches going well with the brown body, and the silver complements well with the design. He also got some points for me from his appearance in the anime; all in all making for an excellent Pokemon.

post-13690-0-87219300-1416118928.png

7. Gourgeist

This is one of the more recent Pokemon I've liked, but it definitely deserves a spot on this list. I never really took notice of this Pokemon before using it, but having it appear in one of my Random Battle teams (on Pokemon Showdown) made me consider this Pokemon for my main team for OU (a competitve tier) where it really started to shine. I loved how annoying it was for the opponent to fight, and it really had a cute cool design. Ghost pumpkins are pretty interesting, and the size mechanic Gourgeist has was fun to play around with as well. On an related note, it's previous evolution: Pumpkaboo; has an adorable name.

post-13690-0-66730900-1416118941.png

6. Vulpix

Okay, Vulpix; well, I used to have this Vulpix trading card (probably still have it, but not sure) and I remember thinking it was extremely cute, and I am a fan of cute small Pokemon. I'm also a fan of Ninetales, which strengthens my love for Vulpix, but since I like Vulpix a little more; Vulpix will be taking this spot instead of Ninetales. Sorry, Ninetales! But yeah, it's adorable. That's the main idea around why I like Vulpix.

post-13690-0-24250100-1416118934.jpg

5. Munna

Alright, down to the last five! To this day, I still don't know why I like this thing so much; I'm practically obsessed with it. Anyway, my obsession with Munna started with Pokemon when I first played Pokemon White. It just showed up in the grass one day, and I had the strange urge to catch it and put it on my team. It must be the design or something (it and its evolution aren't great for competitive play anyway), but I really don't know...

post-13690-0-03748000-1416118954.png

4. Mawile

This is another recent addition to my favorite Pokemon, but Mawile is really great; in design as well as competitive play. When mega evolved, its attack is raised to monstrous levels, allowing to knock out almost any Pokemon in the game in at least two hits; if not one. Even Pokemon that resist its attacks take a decent amount of damage. Throw in a Swords Dance (though I feel this is excessive), and everything will die. Its defenses are not too shabby either, and its typing, Fairy/Steel, is one of my favorites; giving it a bunch of resistances and immunities, and only two weaknesses in ground and fire. Its only competitive flaws are its speed and HP, but Sucker Punch covers speed, and Pain Split works well with its low HP. This Pokemon is also the first (and only) Pokemon that I breeded 5IVs for successfully.

Mawile is also really adorable, and the yōkai it is based off makes for a cool concept for a Pokemon. I also like its appearance in the episode: Once in a Mawile.

post-13690-0-99327900-1416118960.png

3. Scolipede

Time for my favorite Gen V Pokemon and favorite Bug Pokemon. Now, before Scolipede existed, I was not a fan of Bug types. A lot of them were just uninteresting, weak in battle, or ugly in my eyes (Caterpie is adorable though). Then came Scolipede. Finally, a Bug Pokemon that was adorable, and looked cool at the same time. It was also the star Pokemon of some of my Pokemon Showdown teams and has won me a lot of battles. But overall; I just love its design. I don't really know what in particular I love about its design, but it just works. Scolipede, you are amazing.

post-13690-0-00029500-1416118967.png

2. Milotic

Milotic has been around since I first starting playing Pokemon. It was introduced in Generation IV, and I remember having trouble with Cynthia's Milotic in the Champion battle, but I never paid any attention to it until Generation VI. I was just wonder trading one day, and I happened to get a Feebas. For some reason (I believe I wanted to get Milotic for my Pokedex), I decided to trade it with a friend and trade it back to get Milotic, and it has been on my team ever since. It has always been there for my team, and was extremely reliable. When I was about to lose, Milotic would be the last one left and would give me a surprise win. Milotic is also the second (out of three) Pokemon I ever trained to Level 100.

Apart from competitive use, I love Milotic's beautiful design. Its Pokedex entry stating it is known to be the most beautiful Pokemon (eat your heart out, Diancie) is a really interesting concept, and fitting for Milotic's sleek graceful design.

post-13690-0-21088800-1416118972.png

1. Goodra

Finally, my favorite Pokemon of all time: Goodra. I love everything about Goodra from its design to its competitive use. But first, I shall start with how I discovered Goodra. In the time period around the release of Pokemon X and Y was released, I was introduced to the meme of Goomy, and because of my interest in small, cute, and kinda derpy looking Pokemon (as shown with Vulpix and Munna, and though not shown: Shaymin, who almost made this list), I quickly became fond of Goomy. I did some research on Goomy and eventually discovered Sliggoo and Goodra. Sliggoo was really cute as well, but Goodra stood out (though it wasn't common for me to be a fan of all three evolutions of a three-stage Pokemon). It's just so adorable, and even its Pokedex entry is adorable:

This very friendly Dragon-type Pokémon will hug its beloved Trainer, leaving that Trainer covered in sticky slime.

Everything about its design is adorable to me, but its plump figure and smile stand out in particular. It is also a Dragon-type Pokemon, which is one of my favorite types (apart from steel and water).

As for competitive use; have you seen this thing's stats? It has an extremely large special defense, which combined with the rest of its stats; makes for a very tanky Pokemon. One of its abilities, Sap Sipper, gives it a Grass immunity, which adds to its tanky-ness. Its movepool is also extremely diverse, giving room for a bunch of strategies you could use with Goodra.

Basicially, I think Goodra (and its previous evolutions) is an extremely well-designed Pokemon line, and what I consider the best designed in the franchise. It goes well with the idea of a bond between Pokemon and trainers, which has been a core concept for the whole franchise, and because of all these reasons; Goodra is my favorite Pokemon.

Honorable Mentions:

Miltank
Glaceon
Furfrou
Gastrodon
Gallade

Ampharos

• Brohoof 2