Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else wants to see audio dramas become the next big thing in the fandom?

Plonkett

As some of you may know, the development for Journey of the Spark his officially ben terminated. However, it's now being turned into an audio drama.

While some audio dramas may exist, there aren't that many. The only ones that are probably the most well known, are the Doctor Whooves stuff, The Heroic Tale of Heroically Heroic Heroes, and of course, Fallout Equestria. So far I've heard both episodes of the FE audio drama, and I'm quite interested.

I think it would be awesome if that on top of having fics, comics, and animations, we'd also have a boom in audio dramas as a new major media format in the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

I personally would welcome a uptick in output of quality fandom Radio Dramas. It really is an art form in it's own right and I want to see them enjoy a boost of popularity. It would be easier and faster to produce than a full length animation, and probably easier to recover from a loss of a team member. Episodic radio dramas in MLP need to happen. :D

• Brohoof 2

Sounds good! :D For a while I was listening to Louis Badalament's adaptation of the Pony POV series. I was also listening to an adaptation of the Rule 63 fanfic "On a Cross and Arrow" but unfortunately they had only made the first episode, I'm not sure when or if they're going to keep going.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind seeing more audio dramas myself. It was actually Doctor Who that introduced me to the format. I probably prefer the DW Audios to the show itself and they made Colin Baker and Paul McGann two of my favorite doctors next to Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker. I love the format and thanks to Doctor Who I've given other Audio Dramas a listen like Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, War of the Worlds, etc. After getting so used to the format I then started to give fandom audios a shot like Doctor Whooves, Daring Do, Anthropology and Sherlock Hooves and while I do get annoyed that some VAs don't even sound close to the characters they're supposed to be portraying (worst example: VA for Spike in Doctor Whooves Adventures sounding like Louis from Left 4 Dead) I still love listening to them and I would like to see more audios from the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

I've listened to a few audio dramas myself, it'd be nice if they were to become more popular. It'd also create opportunites for those who want to contrinute to the MLP community but feel either there art or music skill isn't good enough to make something meaningful.

I also like them because sometimes the VA gives the character the voice I think they'd have and sometimes they don't. :)

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be great to have audio dramas. :wub:

who doesn't like listening to a good audio drama on a boring car trip?

or listening to one when you go to bed?

:P

I could think Of ton of fanfics that would be great if used as a script.

*dreamy sigh* 

Edited by Lucky Star
  • Brohoof 3

Absolutely! I love listening to well done Fanfic readings, especially if they do character voices like TheLostNarrator or some others. Audio dramas would come with sfx and that is cool. Also if people like the Audio drama they may animate it themselves.

• Brohoof 1

In a lonely desert town or aomething, the sun is shining, the moon is glowing, and sparkly lights pass overhead while we're all pretending to sleep. Welcome... to Pony Vale.

Yeah anyway i'm up for some audio dramas. I've always liked 'em.