Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Paint Tool SAI or Photoshop?

Slice0Pie

7 users have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Photoshop
    • Paint Tool SAI

Okay, so, I might get a new laptop soon, since my old one is broken and I can't use it, so if I get a new one, I can finally buy an art program instead of using a Paint Tool SAI Download that doesn't have all the brushes. So, I have a question, which is better, Paint Tool SAI, or Photoshop? I have the choice to get either Photoshop, or Paint Tool SAI, and I wan't to know if Paint Tool SAI is better, or is Photoshop is. Thanks! :)

I've used paint tool sai and its a very nice program for drawing. And it is much cheaper than Photoshop as well if price is an issue. (unless you pirate it but I can't say that is the "right" thing to do) 

I've only ever used sai; aside form the fact that it's legally much, much, *MUCH* cheaper, it's actually designed completely and directly for digital drawing/painting whereas photoshop is photo manipulation software that's just gained some artsy tools over time.  I would go with sai if I had to choose.

It depends on what kind of artist you are, really. I personally think Photoshop is the best. I can't state my opinion for Paint Tool SAI since I never really used it, but the majority of the artists i know actually use it and it's a really good program in terms of drawing. Really, up to you though!~

I would actually tell you Paint Tool Sai is better. Sai is more learner-friendly than Photoshop and is fairly easy to use. But at the same time, Photoshop does a LOT more than just letting you draw, you can make GIFs for example. You can manipulate filters and gradients in ways that I don't think are in Sai, but in terms of comfort-ability I would still suggest Sai. Since you can only afford one get something that will be easier for you to use. Then when you have the money you can use Photoshop to touch up on images or make it your default drawing application all together. 

Either way though, do you have a drawing tablet?

• Brohoof 1

I would actually tell you Paint Tool Sai is better. Sai is more learner-friendly than Photoshop and is fairly easy to use. But at the same time, Photoshop does a LOT more than just letting you draw, you can make GIFs for example. You can manipulate filters and gradients in ways that I don't think are in Sai, but in terms of comfort-ability I would still suggest Sai. Since you can only afford one get something that will be easier for you to use. Then when you have the money you can use Photoshop to touch up on images or make it your default drawing application all together. 

Either way though, do you have a drawing tablet?

i agree with the above 

but having both...does have advantages..but if yer not into spending hundreds of dollars on photoshop use Gimp it's free and just as good as photoshop

Well, I've heard better things about SAI, but I can't really say, as I've never used either,(never used photoshop for drawing, that is) I'd actually recommend Autodesk Sketchbook pro, I like its simple layout, very easy to get started with little time needed to become familiar with the program.

Edited by VoxPolice

Paint Tool SAI. It's a much better program if you want to go for digital art. It's also much simple than Photoshop.

Personally I prefer SAI, but really it depends on what kind of work you're planning on doing. If you do a lot of drawing and painting on a graphics tablet, definitely go with SAI, especially since it has vector capability. The price tag is also a boon. However, if you lean more toward the image manipulation field, get Photoshop, as it's hard to beat in that area.