Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming World of Tanks

NewCalamity

I was involved in this for closed and open beta. Working on Soviet medium, German Heavies, and U.S. TDs and medium before I stopped. Fun game, but grind tastic.

Best FTP with NO pay to win? Path of Exile. Check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This was uploaded several days ago, but I just now remembered it

I remember seein' this posted somewhere else and watched a bit of it, at least until Derpy showed up then I closed the video. But seems pretty good. It's amazing what you can make with the SFM. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man i'm a bit terrified to play now. I just heard how some people got banned because of the use of a certain modpack that apparently had "illegal" mods in it. 

Man i'm a bit terrified to play now. I just heard how some people got banned because of the use of a certain modpack that apparently had "illegal" mods in it. 

don't use illegal mods....and you wont have an issue.

It sorta sucked there, because Sella was actually areally great guy.  But...yeh..

• Brohoof 1

don't use illegal mods....and you wont have an issue.

It sorta sucked there, because Sella was actually areally great guy.  But...yeh..

Oh I know. I use a different modpack but the fact that there is no surefire list of "illegal" mods, it's somewhat hard to judge what's in the grey area, and what crosses the line.

Oh I know. I use a different modpack but the fact that there is no surefire list of "illegal" mods, it's somewhat hard to judge what's in the grey area, and what crosses the line.

there is a list burried somewhere on the NA forums.

however, when in doubt "if it gives you an obviously unfair advantage" don't.

However, also realize WoT doesn't currently have a "program check' before it launches, Sella only got banned because he streamed while using it.  So if you don't share your videos,  you'll never get caught .

-and to be honest,  watching people play with that many mods is never really impressive-

• Brohoof 1

This is true. I've never seen any of his Streams. The only people i've ever watch play WoT is Jingles and QuickyBaby. I can understand from what i've read he had some illegal mods in his pack, but it ain't like nobody can do that. So this has put alot of mod makers and modpack creators on edge. 

It is nice to see though that his perma-ban has been reduced to a 1 week ban.

This is true. I've never seen any of his Streams. The only people i've ever watch play WoT is Jingles and QuickyBaby. I can understand from what i've read he had some illegal mods in his pack, but it ain't like nobody can do that. So this has put alot of mod makers and modpack creators on edge. 

It is nice to see though that his perma-ban has been reduced to a 1 week ban.

Yeh, coulda told you that was gonna happen.

Sella is actually a very good player,  and one of the most popular livestreamers for WoT.   Banning him is like cancling your own free advertising.

QuickyBaby annoys the crap out of me,  him and Hardest I can live without,    But I'l lwatch Jingles...sometimes.....-would rather play it myself-

Sela is a very good player. I mean you have to be good to get into -G- afterall. But I never knew he did livestreams. The one I always remember doin' streams is Anfield. 

I'm not overly fond of QuickyBaby either. He is pretty good as well but just somethin' about him. Now Jingles is the main one I watch. He puts a bit of humor in his stuff i've watched. But personally, if I can get back into playin', i'd much rather play the game myself instead of watchin' others play.

Sela is a very good player. I mean you have to be good to get into -G- afterall. But I never knew he did livestreams. The one I always remember doin' streams is Anfield. 

I'm not overly fond of QuickyBaby either. He is pretty good as well but just somethin' about him. Now Jingles is the main one I watch. He puts a bit of humor in his stuff i've watched. But personally, if I can get back into playin', i'd much rather play the game myself instead of watchin' others play.

im on and off.    Freinds with a lot of the "good" players and mods...so I kinda have a good grip on whats going on.    Right now,   WoT is just gonna simmer,  and wait for 9.0.   Don't worry too much about Stats and Stat Culture,  Hardest,  for instance,  has great stats, but is shit.

I used to play WoT daily, but i'm just burnt out. I have so many tanks that I just can't stand the grind anymore. Since the friend I used to play WoT with stopped playin', I have no real reason to play as much as I used too. Plus i'm waitin' for 9.0 and 9.1 to see how much longer my half way decent toaster can keep playin' the game.

• Brohoof 1

yep,  just take a break.   It's entierly possible to just come back - wargaming wont get rid of your account-

If you really wanna help WoT become better,  stop playing it,  and when Ground Forces comes out,  play it like its no ones bussissness.  Even if you hate it, just play it,  the more popular it is,  the more Wargaming will try to improve their own shit.

I've thought about givin' Ground Forces a try but I have doubts my computer would be able to handle the graphics. Plus I hear the community there is worse than WoT. As much as I wish I could just abandon WoT, i've spent FAR too much money on it.  :lol:

(edited)

That is exactly the attitude wargaming wants you to have. 

-same reason games like WoW are still played-

There isn't really a community in ground forces, if you don't want there to be (same for WoT),  what isn't in Ground forces is Stat Culture.  

You don't have to abandon WoT either....you just have to make it look like Warthunder is a better game,   that will force Wargaming to step up and match it to get back customers.....So even if you like WoT,   playing warthunder during its release is the better option for it.

Likewise Warthunder is FAR better optimized than WoT,  so if you can run WoT,  you can run Ground Forces

Edited by ~Chaotic Skygunner~

hey guys, is this forum dedicated to the pc version of WoT or can people who've played the 360 version talk too because i really like WoT but i've only played the 360 version. I've just reached the Churchill 1 today and i think it's an ok tank but i know that the PC version gets either Chinese or Russian Tanks.

hey guys, is this forum dedicated to the pc version of WoT or can people who've played the 360 version talk too because i really like WoT but i've only played the 360 version. I've just reached the Churchill 1 today and i think it's an ok tank but i know that the PC version gets either Chinese or Russian Tanks.

If at all possible,  play it on PC.  the 360 version is great....if you don't have a computer.

That line your on will only lead to disappointment,  btw. 

• 4 weeks later...

So yeh, after testing out ground forces,   i'm pretty much done with WoT.  Was a good run, but yeh.

The new HD and everything from WoT sure looks pretty...but overall,  Warthunder just looks better,  runs better, and plays better.   Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,      

yep.