Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any autistic bronies here in MLP Forums?

Jonny Music

(edited)

I was diagnosed with Asperger's around age eight, but my parents have insisted that it is only "borderline."

I'm assuming that the "borderline" definition is only to make me feel less affected, but it has no effect on my view of myself and the disorder.

Edited by everyoneknowsitsme

Very, and I mean very mild aspergers. I was in special ed, but I never had any problems. At all. Although people do tell me I tend to talk to much, and repeat things too much...

*Gets in same metaphorical boat*

(edited)

I've got asperger's; when I was younger I used to come off as a real contemptible person in terms of empathy and reading people's physical cues/emotions and understanding humor... I still am a bit today but I've think I've gotten a bit better at it. At least I can occasionally more or less 'play the game' with people at first and act social/normal, getting a bit better at empathy too, but after a while it inevitably wears off and I just resort back to my aspy ways; lots of times I don't even 'play the game', or I'll just be silent around people and avoid conversation with them all together. It's a bit ironic that I watch and thoroughly enjoy MLP: FiM (keywords: friendship is magic), yet I struggle at making friends, even more so ones that are long lasting or intimate... But you know, due to my AS, I think I've been able to learn and understand other languages with more ease than I would otherwise. :P

Edited by Poly Lingua
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

i have "some" form of autism, but id rather not talk about it

Yes, I do have it. And I absolutely am sad to know about this fact.

I used to be happy about having autism, but as time went on I only grown to dislike it. But thankfully, I don't really think about that often, so I'm never too worried about this disorder. But those are my experiences, so if I see somebody who is happy to have it, then more power to them.

Huh, that's interesting for you to say. For the longest time, I used to call myself a fan, but as time went on I got more and more used to the name brony, as well as the fandom

i feel the same. heck i didnt know u have high functioning autism like i do. in a way. i just use it as superpowers Edited by LotusPeony

I have it, yes, and yes it can be a pain half the time. I am what you would call "different" from the rest and stuff like that, and I don't get treated the best and stuff, I can be very awkward and such, and stuff that we would normally deal with.

Mine would just be high functioning Autism, and yes it has taken a toll in my life, but to be honest, I don't wanna get rid of it cause it is what makes me who I am, and I can use it to my advantage and stuff like that. I might have different interests then most, but I can take an advantage of that for a career in the future.

It can be a pain to deal with, but I am still trying to make the most of it.

• Brohoof 2