Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were your thoughts when your first saw your favorite mane 6?

Castle_Cross

Yup, when you were new to the show, when you saw your first episode and you saw that pony that would be your favorite mane 6 in some time?

As I said before, I was a pony hater, and when I first saw Fluttershy, I said "ok, that's cute", I didn't knew she was going to be one of my favorite ponies :3

• Brohoof 1

Well, when I first started watching she wasn't my favorite, but my thoughts were "you're interesting as a book nerd & all, but what makes you tick."

Then I realized she's a general nerd.

Twiley; u so awesome. <3

• Brohoof 2

First episode was 'A Canterlot Wedding', I remember thinking how much I loved AJ's voice. 

This moment truly sealed the deal:

As a result, I started the show from scratch and searched for the episode order list, so that I could keep an eye out for AJ based episodes.

Watching how Fluttershy acted in her first meeting with Twilight was how I use

to be if anything,  also not being able to stand up for myself unless pushed to

that point also made her my fav!

• Brohoof 1

In the very first episode, when I first saw Twilight and she was established as an unicorn who would rather study than make friends, my thoughts were, "I want to know more about this character".

As she was writing a letter to Celestia about her concerns about the return of Nightmare Moon, my thoughts were, "Yeah, if Nightmare Moon returns, she could ruin everything!"

When Celestia mentioned in her reply, telling Twilight "you simply must stop reading those dusty, old books," my thoughts were "Wait, did she meant me or Twilight?"  

Also, as Twilight met each of the Mane 5 preparing for the Summer Sun Celebration, she responded the same way I would have first meeting these ponies: wanting to get the meetings over with so I could get to the real concern (In this case, Nightmare Moon's return).

In fact, almost every line and reaction from Twilight in the Pilot 2-parter was mirrored by me when I first saw these episodes.

• Brohoof 1

Yah know, I just recalled my first memories of my fav pony Twilight. As an addendum to my original post, I thought Twilight was a spoiled, snarky, rich unicorn who cared for no one but her riches and her parents money.

Honestly I have no idea how I got some of that, but the first episode, at least when it started, turned me off of Twilight. o_o

• Brohoof 1

Ah, long long ago in a galaxy too close for comfort when I first happened upon ponies  i had only 5 episodes to see, and upon my first exposure to my favorite pony I went "Oooooo~ Thats pink... I like pink!" Then she screamed upon exposure to Twilight and I knew she was a pony after my own heart.

I still scream every time I see her!

That freakish overload of purple stuff, sheesh! I'd rather go with OJ.

Edited by Sheogorath

At first I laughed at Rainbow Dash, thinking of all the lesbian jokes that people were going to make about the character, but when I saw the Wonderbolts, the Sonic Rainboom, and her character arc, I began to warm up to her.

I was initially ambivalent toward Twilight, but once I saw her whole "student of magic" thing, dealings with Princess Celestia, and her relatable traits of anxiety and perfectionism, she really grew on me as well.

"Okay, I guess this must be the protagonist. I hope this show is as good as people say it is. I mean, I haven't really seen anything bad yet. Maybe I-"

*intro plays*

"Really?! They kept the original theme song? Why? Are they trying to get their audience to hate this? Okay, maybe the intro is the only bad thing I'll have to endure."

Applejack: "Soup's on, everypony!"

*cringes*

"'It's well written!' they said! 'It has great characters' they said!"

Edited by SpaceOnion

Seeing as I was originally a Dashaholic, I was like. What is this before my eyes. This rainbow colored horse. She is so awesome. She's so fast. (Imagine my eyes getting those little <3 symbols in them) ALL HAIL THE GLORY THAT IS RAINBOW DASH!

And that's pretty much my first thoughts on Rainbow Dash lol.

• Brohoof 2