• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

a musik video my friend showed me on his ipod that was about ponies, and had some custom made pony animations. i fell in love witht he animation right away and spent that entire night watching the firts season. that was around february. XD now its my favorite show

This may sound bad but I became a brony through The Fine Bros. They did a Teens React to My Little Pony and started talking about bronies. Then I started watching the episodes and I got through half of season one in one day. I was super excited and I became a brony that day. I also got one of my best friends into My Little Pony and she became a brony a month after I did.

• Brohoof 1

I also saw that vid, I was quite disappointed the teens were as judgmental as they were, and also that they only showed them the intro so they couldn't really come to very educated conclusions on the show.

My buddy Josh was continuously ta;king about Derpy, and Flutter Shy, and for the longest time i never bothered to watch it. untill one day he picked me up to go play D&D...and it happened. i promised him i would watch ONE episode. well that one episode mind you changed me. Granted at first i was skeptical. But i turned around.

• Brohoof 1

My soccer team captain was talking about it.

After one of our games, he was watching a clip from The Best Night Ever.

I thought the song was catchy so I listened to it on Youtube, then I thought MLP wasn't that bad.

Then I watched some clips form different episodes. After about 2 weeks I decided to watch the pilot. Then the next episode. Then the next...and I got hooked

• Brohoof 1

(This post is probably going to get deleted, HAYO!)

Yeah, I already said that Ezynell ;)

Oopsies, sorry, I feel a tad hypocritical now. I should have read the entire thread prior to posting that :P

Edited by Ezynell

once again, my apologies on these matters, still getting the hang of everything

It's cool, if you have any questions on the fourms, feel free to ask me or any other of the.... "veteran" members

Also, you can always just shoot a message to a mod or admin, just make sure that you search your question before you go spammen about like some other ponies tend to do ;)

I actually find the search function on this forum quite... crippled? Especially compared to how effective just googling "MLPForums *insert whatever topic your about to make a thread about*", so that's what I usually do.
  • Brohoof 1

I got really bored one day and decided to do some research on the show ('cause that's what I do). I started watching it, and at the end of episode 1, I was hooked.

Honestly, this thread's close enough to the "when" thread to be considered a duplicate. Please answer the question there: http://mlpforums.com...become-a-brony/

I am not complaining on the mod who moved the "becoming a brony" topic to here, but Feld0 just told us to post this in the "when did you become a brony" (which now have changed name to "how and when") thread above, which I linked in the thread, too.

Anyways the story is in my profile but I'll paste:

First I didn't know that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was popular at all, it was when I saw some people use pictures of ponies in different forum pages I started to reasearch a little bit about why people used it. I couldn't find an answer so I asked one of them. He said something like "Because the show is awesome". "Which show?", I thought. (I didn't eaven know that there was a show about it back then since we Swedes doesn't get to know all the new trends (which usually comes from America) after some time. But then of course, they have already been there for a while.) Anyways so I started asking some people why they are watching a show about.. My Little Pony? And they just said basically the same thing over and over again. I couldn't understand how they could watch such a stupid show which is for little girls!

Then, a couple days later, I saw one of my friends watching My Little Pony on his cellphone. I couldn't believe it! I didn't tell him that I saw it, instead, when I got home I went to YouTube and I let my mouse hover above the search box. I literally where scared of typing in those words but I did manage it. I went to this video:

TOO LAZY TO POST VIDEO LINK, It's on my profile

,but then I realized that this wasn't at all what I had seen everywhere. After a little bit of searching I found this video:

TOO LAZY TO POST VIDEO LINK, It's on my profile

,which I found really amusing to watch.

Then I moved on to the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. When the intro song started I was like "Oh my god this is so embarrassing, why the hell do you watch My.. Fucking ..Little-Pony?" I paused the video, turned down the volume a little bit and then I was ready to go. (I really like watching movies and I never "never watch a film", I watch them and make a fast review of the movie/serie I've just seen in my head.) I never felt like the episode was bad, but I felt embarrassment for watching it. When it was over I couldn't believe how much I liked it. I just had to move on the the next episode and then continue on the line with my "normal" series. It was just that.. When the second episode where over I just had to move on to the next episode and then continue on the line with my "normal" series. It was just that... When the third episode where over....... Well, you get the point. I was quite hooked. I liked the show so much that I forgot which episode I was on and then suddenly.. Season 1 was over!

After that I realized that I loved the show and I - with time - found alot more information about people like me, correction: "Bronys/Bronies".

• 1 month later...

I am sure this has be.en done bunches of times but many diffrent people, but i'll do it anyway.

I just wish to share my story of how i became a brony. It may be long but i do hope some people will read this.

It started in december of last year. I was going with my family on cruise and i had a long ride ahead of me. I had brought along my Gameinformer magazines and was lookng through them when i came upon an article about a guy defending My Little Pony. I first read it and laughed at it, not knowing what a brony was or understanding the show. I judged him and laughed and just kept reading. When i got back i had a new Gameinformer with more people tallking about bronies. I was wondering about the show and i decideed i should check it out. But of course i forgot about it. Around the end of January i had nothing better to do at around 11:00 on the weekend when i rememberd i wanted to research whaat a borny was. I did and still i laughed. But i did end up watching the first episode and......I Loved It! Who knew that i would fall in love with it so fast. That night i stayed up all night watching the first 12 episodes or so. In the course of the wweekend i finished the first season. That is when i decided no longer to laugh at the bronies but to join them in ther love for My Little Pony.

Thank you anyone who read my story.

The music got me interested, and the fact my friends are all bronies that wanted me to try it. After several clips on YouTube and some amazing PMV's, I watched the closest episode in the links. The Sonic Rainboom sealed my fate and sealed my all around love of Rainbow Dash.

i dont really know. but i remember that i was watching it around the airtime of ep 15 of season 1... and i'm to lasy to look that up, so good luck with that :)

Well, it all began one night (the 12th of January, 2012). I was just wondering around the CoDz Forums for a bit and I came across a thread that I typically ignored; "Bronies report in". I knew what a brony was at the time, but I didn't know much about the show itself, so, out of boredom, I decided to click on this thread. It had a lot of discussion going on, and of course there were a few pony pics and videos posted. After browsing through a couple of pages, I thought "Hmm. I'm curious to know why grown men are watching MLP" (not in a bad way. I don't like to prejudge). So, I asked where I could watch the show for free, and just about all of the replies said "YouTube". I was also recommended an episode (Season 1, Episode 16), but I just went from the very beginning.

It was still the 12th, and I was ready to watch my first MLP:FiM episode. I searched up "MLP Episode 1" on my iPod (duh!) and clicked on one of the results. The story of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna was meh, but as soon as I saw Twilight Sparkle, I was automatically impressed with the artwork. I continued onwards, a little discomforted by the Theme song (which I now love!) and only really interested in the artwork and the animation. Then came the start of my Fluttershy love. She was so adorable! The way she acted towards Twilight instantly put her into resemblance to me; Shy. The rest of the episode got no better than that part, so it went pretty smoothly until the end. At first, I didn't quite get anyway caught onto the show. After I watched the second part, I still didn't catch a reasonable attraction apart from the artwork and the animations.

Episode 3: Was better, and I actually started enjoying MLP and felt a bit of catch.

Episode 4: Pretty good. I was starting to feel a brony in me, but I couldn't jump to conclusions just yet..

Episode 5: That's it! I really like this show, and I can now confirm that I am brony as of January the 14t, 2012. A closet one at least.

My fondness and confidence with MLP got stronger and stronger as I watched more episodes and got involved with it's fandom. I watched 1-3 episodes everyday after I became a brony and into Season 2, I got my little sister into the show. We watched it together, and she drew pony pics and made pony masks for us both, which was awesome!

After S2, Ep18 (the latest episode at the time), I tried my hoof at converting. I started with my friend Stuart D, who is a rather big fan of cartoons and animes. The first time I told him about MLP, he jokingly slagged me about it. Little did he know that in a week, he would be watching MLP:FiM and enjoying it, and a little while later he told me that he too was a brony. Score! :D

The next person I converted was my other friend Stuart G (I know, I have a lot of Stuart friends). Now he was a pain! He is a pretty sarcastic person who can get extremely annoying at times, seeing that he is no stranger to prejudging things. Everytime I sat down to watch an episode with him, he would either (a) Fall asleep (B) Have to go away home, or © Claim that he was 'busy'. Now, the strangest thing happened. One night before I went to bed, he actually asked me if I wanted to watch an episode of MLP with him! I obviously said yes, and I recommended him a few episodes: 'Hurricane Fluttershy', 'Sonic Rainboom', 'Lesson Zero' and 'Putting Your Hoof Down'. After seeing a few episodes, he said that he liked the show. Not sure what for, but he did and added that he was a brony now. Score one again! :D

Oh, I went on a bit too much! Basically, I started watching on the 12th of January 2012, and within two days, I became a brony because I really enjoyed the show from Episode 5+.

Depends I was a fan of the toys when I was six years old but I guess if you're refering to Friendship is magic then April 2012 I wish I had a cool story to share but mine consists of me finding out about the show, watching it and loving it :lol: