Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fears, phobias, etc.

Tom Snyder

I'm scared of a lot of things. Spiders, needles, yeah.. A lot of things that people usually are scared for.

However, if it's phobia we're talking about, I have a phobia for darkness, death and standing on stage.

I cannot control my panic breakdowns and tears whenever I'm standing on stage or has to do anything in front of anyone except for casually speaking or joking around. I CANNOT. I cry uncontrollably, my entire body starts shaking, I can't speak. I've tried for SO long to solve this problem, but it never gets better. I should probably go to some expert. I'm afraid that won't help either, I just don't know what the heck to do. I can't have it like this since I want to become a voice actor... It CAN'T be, it has to get better somehow. I just don't know how, I've tried a lot of stuff.... Trust me.

Darkness.. As fast as it gets dark somewhere around me, I FREAK OUT. I start hyperventilating and I start to scream for help, usually. I cannot control this either, it just happens. It usually helps having some kind of light on, or just have someone else  that I know with me in the dark. I cannot stand to be alone, surrounded by darkness. Never in history would I stand it.

Death? Nope, can't think about it, nope. Let's just not talk about it. I hyperventilate whenever I think about death too. I cannot handle the thought of dying. That's it. Over and out.

I think that you're so brave to post it here to be honest! Public speaking is not something that I fear, so I can not relate to you, but I do understand your fear of death. I get squeamish thinking of death, and I find myself breathing heavily and getting nervous afterwards.

I have this irrational fear, unsure if it is a phobia, of doctors, psychiatrists, and hospitals; well anywhere that has a clinical feel to it. I'm not sure why, but I can't even stand the thought of them. Which is also why I have not been diagnosed with any mental or physical illness in the last six or so years, since I developed this fear.

I'm not scared of a whole lot of things; I mainly have common fears like:

~Afraid of falling: Acrophobia. I can't do rock climbing, climb a tall ladder, etc. I have this fear of falling and breaking a bone.

~Being out alone at night: I'm afraid that someone would kidnap/rape/murder me when I'm alone on a street or something. I have heard so many horrifying stories about bad things that happened to people at night, so I like to stay home when it's dark whenever I can.

Spiders. But what's ironic is I'm terrified of the small ones but I'm fine with the larger ones, as long as they're not poisonous. I also hate the spider webs, freaks me out and I panic and think the spider is on me.

Edited by EmeraldDazzle

I have a serious case of emetophobia. When someone even does as little as mention vomiting, I run for the hills. And when I feel like I will throw up, my anxiety kicks in and makes it 10x as worse. Not fun.

Oh and by the way. According to scientific studies, the brain can hold only one phobia, so most of these are overreactions.

Edited by QueenRarity
  • Brohoof 1

I'm scared of a lot of things, but pretty certain I have coulrophobia - I CANNOT deal with clowns in any form, can't watch movies or TV or anything with them in*, and just going to funfairs and walking past funhouses or rides with them on makes me feel all shaky :sunny: I'm hoping that if I ever have kids they won't want to go to the circus or anything, or someone else will have to take them because uggggh clowns :(

*pretty much the only exception is Krusty on The Simpsons, but I think I can deal with him because he's more a regular character and doesn't usually act...clown-ish :please:

Well... I don't know if there is a phobia name for this but

I am scared of the thought of all my tech suddenly failing even to the point of having nightmares about it.

I see how that can get you. I seriously go through so much torment when that happens to me, as silly as it seems.

I'm kinda freaked out by insects, but that's not really a phobia. My phobias are

Toxophobia: Fear of Poison

Chemophobia: Fear of Chemicals

Radiophobia: Fear of Radiation

Genophobia: Fear of Viruses, though this one only counts for scary ones like malaria(which i will probably never have to deal with)

If you are not picking up the pattern here i am terrified of getting acid on me etc, something i will stress about, until enough time has passed to ensure i'm fine. The only one tat really effects me is Chemophobia, because when i'm near oil, or bleach, or even toothpaste it can get my super shakey. Its not so much of a germ thing though, don't really have to worry about big sicknesses here. Like malaria terrifies me for example

• Brohoof 1

-Entemophobia

-I am afraid of heights 

-I have a phobia of facing other people... if they look scary that is to say (I get scared, thinking I am about to get attacked). 

Edited by JonasDarkmane

Atychiphobia.

Fear of failure, this extends mostly to school, but also some social occasions.

Im not afraid of aything really however just like every human i have a brain that wants me to survive so yeah i still jump back at jumpscares but i dont fear jumpscares. My only fear in this world are cats. Im terrified of cats i cried once cause it rubbed up against my leg. I love all animals almost more than humans but cats are freakin satan. People make fun of me but what they dont know is that a cat sent me to the hospital room at 3 years old.