Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What video game made your childhood?

Xievie

My childhood was carefully crafted primarily by Super Mario Sunshine, Halo 2, Soulcalibur's 2 and 3, a whole bunch of other PS2 games, and all sorts of Nintendo games...... Those were just a few of the really big ones though.

I'm sure there are tons of others I'm forgetting to mention as far as "big ones" though. >3<

Pokemon Gold/Silver. I had eye surgery when I was a kid to fix my cornea and spent a lot of time stuck in bed with my Gameboy. Also the Pokemon TCG for Gameboy. Very rarely played the actual card game, clocked too many hours on the video game version.

And how can I forget Golden Sun? The mere thought of tridents and multi-headed dragons brings a mix of nostalgia and sheer anger.

Difficult to decide to be honest. I'll probably have to say Ratchet and Clank 2 (My all time favourite game  :yay: ). That game made me hooked on the entire Ratchet and Clank series, and took up a large part of my childhood :)

The Video Games that made my Childhood were Sega Racing Games such as Daytona USA, Outrun and Sega Rally. Along with Tomb Raider, Ridge racer, Reader Rabbit Let's start Learning, Play with the Teletubbies, GTA, Harry Potter on the PS1, Virtual On, Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, X-Men Children of the Atom and 3D Movie Maker. They were great!!!

Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 on the NES,Super Smash Bros Melee on the Gamecube,Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the PS2,and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the N64.

The original Super Mario Brothers games, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Pokemon Snap, Spyro The Dragon, Sonic The Hedgehog, all the original Pokemon games, Super Smash Brothers both original and Melee.

To me it's always the guilty pleasures of not so good games that defines your childhood gaming, 1080 Snowboard would be that guilty pleasure, It's easier to remember going to blockbuster to rent a specific game over and over than to buy a game and enjoy it. 

post-12867-0-63494900-1421057877.jpg

• Super Mario 64

Pokémon Stadium

Super Smash Bros. 64

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Crash Bandicoot trilogy + Crash Team Racing / Crash Bash

Spyro The Dragon trilogy

Ape Escape

Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee

Rayman 1

Winter Releases 1998 (Demo disc)

Street_Fighter_II_title_screen.png

I have Played so many different versions of this game on so many different consoles, it was not even funny. I spended hours upon hours thinking about different strategies with different characters and using it to beat my big brother.

BTW, i remember a time when Capcom made quality products.

I used to play many many PS1 racing games with my uncle when I was young, one two games I'd like to mention in my "older" childhood years is Crash Team Racing and Ratchet and Clank. Good games, oh and don't forget all the Pokemon games and my face slowly turning into a scared face when realizing the Gameboy Color is nearly out of battery... Good times...

Edited by Lunaddict Cake

I only remember a few games from my childhood so I guess they would be influential:

*Unreal tournament 2004 (still play it)

*Age of Empires II

*Diablo II

*Need for speed 2

*Warcraft 3

*Deus Ex

I never got past the first few levels in deus ex so i did what anybody would do and revisited the game with lots of graphical mods and actually beat it a few years ago.

I guess it would depend on what you call childhood, but I'll be loose:

NES: Captain Skyhawk, Donkey Kong

Genesis: Sonic series, Castle/World of Illusion

PS1: Spyro the Dragon

I feel very nostalgic towards a game called Runescape, it was a simple MMORPG which looking back on it was really quite boring, but I still liked it nevertheless. I also enjoyed Pokemon Ruby which was my first Pokemon game, and I also remember fondly when I first played Minecraft.