Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What video game made your childhood?

Xievie

Super Mario Bros. (either that or Pacman are candidates for the first game I ever played)

Pacman

Super Mario Bros 3

Duck Hunt

Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2

Zelda: A Link To The Past

Megaman X

Star Fox (the original SNES one)

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Civilization IV, Age of Mythology, Starcraft, Super Smash Bro's.

I think those four were the one's I remember and enjoyed the most. Civilization was more of a solo-game for me though, I enjoyed playing the mods.

Edited by WindyParadise

Mario Kart (pretty much all of them), Sonic Rush, Mario Party (most of them), Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario Sunshine, and tons of games for GameCube.

As you can tell, I was a huge Mario fan (and I still am).

Super Mario 3 and Super Mario World made my early childhood, NES and SNES, were my main consoles, and the desire to play those games again are rising, so I have a desire to buy and original consoles of the Retro N 5. In high school, Playstation 2 was my main console, I played all of the Medal of Honor games, Ace Combat four and five, plus Kingdom Hearts, for the PC, Call of Duty 1 and 2, Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Spearhead, Age of Empires and Age of Empires 2 plus the expansion, finally Medieval and Rome Total War. 

Seeing as I grew up playing the NES, SNES, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy Advanced, N64, and all of those other Nintendo systems, I would have to say that the video game that made up my childhood would either have to be Pokemon Red Version, Pokemon Sapphire Version, Perfect Dark, 007 The World is Not Enough, The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Star Wars Episode 1: Battle for Naboo, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, Lego Star Wars, or Star Fox. 

I can't really tell because I played all of them nearly every day without stopping. They were all of my favorites. 

I would say the original Mario Bros., but that was when I was too young to remember playing it. Though I do remember owning it. 

It seems nearly impossible for me to handpick my personal favorite game of my childhood, since I played so many games. However, I had always been partial to such series as Mario, Sonic, Tekken, Def Jam, Soul, Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, etc. However, I'll name drop a series that may come off as slightly obscure for some people. It's called Twisted Metal, and it's a demolition derby styled game with each car having their own special abilities and weapons. I've played all the ones on the PS1 and Twisted Metal: Black on the PS2, though I'd only owned III, IV, Black, and Small Brawl. If I were to handpick one, however, I'd say Black. Not only were the graphics significantly enhanced for this game, but I was engaged in the stories of the contestants, even though many of them gave me nightmares. I was pretty disappointed to see that the secret characters didn't have stories as complete as the others (unlike the starting characters, the secret characters had no middle cutscene, and only Yellow Jacket had a prologue. Minion didn't even have an ending. The cutscenes for the secret characters were hand-drawn rather than CGI). However, the dynamic maps and the frantic action always pleased me when I was little.

• Crash Bandicoot (PS1)
  • Tomb Raider (PS1)
  • Gran Turismo (PS1)

Seriously though, I owe it all to these few games, sure I had a few more games for ps1 and gameboy advance that probably deserve recognition, but these lone games are what really kickstarted my gaming life. That irreplaceable nostalgia of playing them is something I hold dearly :)

There are so many good ones but if I had to put some in order than it would have to be:

1. Super Castlevania 4

2. Super Mario world

3. Quantum Fighter (NES)

The list goes on, but it's best if I don't sit there all day writing them because I would be here all day. There was one game I look back at and can't believe I completed as a kid and that is R-Type 3; that game was as hard as it gets. I must say that Addams family: Pugsley's scavenger hunt was really hard as well.

I feel like Super Mario 64 and the original Pokemon games are the most insanely nostalgic games to me. They were like the very first games I ever played. Ocarina of Time was my first Zelda game (I'm a huge Zelda fanboy basically because of OoT) and also one of the first games I ever played and it's still one of my absolute favorite games to this day but I don't really remember playing it much as a kid. Majora's Mask is my absolute favorite game ever and I feel like I have more clear childhood memories of playing it than I do OoT but it still doesn't give me that insane rush of nostalgia that Mario 64 and Pokemon do.

Grew up with the NES so I spent a *lot* of time with classic games like Super Mario 1-3, Contra, Castlevania, etc.  But for me, I think Mike Tyson's Punch-Out holds a special place in my heart.  I vivdly remember being *so* happy the first time I beat that game.  

I grew up and started with Playstation. I did get a few games like Command and Conquer, Gta, Resident Evil and Tekken, though the games that I had fun, liked the most and made my childhood was Crash Bandicoot, i played it for hours on end along with Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash. Also the Pokemon games.

Probably Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man more than anything else.  I spent most of my time playing those games as a kid.  I got an Atari 2600 either for my birthday or for passing fourth grade and, of course, I had a Pac-Man cartridge with it.  It looked and played nothing like the arcade but for the time that was the best I could do.  I never had one of those hand-held Coleco games from Mr. Arcade though.  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rarTouJVxCg

I didn't have too many games as a child, but I did have a bit of Mario games. So like Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart, and Mario 64 were ones I really enjoyed.

• Brohoof 1

I feel so... unexperienced. You're all reminiscing about those great old games. That's great!

*sits over here with Gamecube* Super Mario Sunshine was my favorite growing up. The disc got destroyed (RIGHT when I worked up enough courage to fight Eely Mouth!), but the memory card is intact. Hopefully we can get another disc!

Ask a kid, I played a LOT of videogames, but the one that resonated most with me, the one I feel most nostalgic and emotional for, is Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal!

Seriously, I'm so emotional about the Blackthorn City theme, and I can remember little bits and pieces of my playing- like defeating Whitney's Miltank with Quilava, the final turns that determined my battle with Lance, and the sad day my Pokemon file save suddenly disappeared..

How about you guys? What game really defined your childhood?

My favorite games were Pokemon yellow, gold/silver, and crystal. I also love FireRed and HeartGold/Soul Silver. My pokemon of choice is always totodile and charmander. 

My other favorite games were always on Sega, and it was pretty much any sonic game, sonic pinball is  fav of mine, and the 1st Jurassic Park game (always play the raptor). Original Spryo and Crash Bandicoot are pretty cool too. I enjoyed Pokemon Snap and 1080 snowboarding, but only when playing with a friend, by myself it was boring. 

I only play old systems, I haven't bought or played on a system after GB Colour, PS1 or N64.

Edited by Antidaeophobia

The first video game I ever played was when I was Sonic 2 when I was about five. However, Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Emerald and Kirby Super Star were the three that stuck with me the most. Playing any of the three, especially Pokémon ORAS + Pokémon Platinum bring back a plethora of memories.

Oddly enough the game I played in my childhood probably contributed to my destructive nature, but the Twisted Metal games on the PS1. Man those games were the bomb. I would play those all day every day, which made me ignore my PC completely. 

Hmm, I should go back and play those games sometime.