Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Freedoms you'd be willing to fight for?

CosmicHooves

Basic human rights. Free speech (and not a warped version where people, particularly to the left of the political mainstream, are censored), freedom of expression, freedom of religion (and not a warped version of that where Christianity takes presidence), freedom to love whoever I want, right to a fair trial, the right to privacy, et cetera.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust
  • Brohoof 1

Adding restrictions. Sure we got the freedom and rights but at same that’s not an excuse to breaking the law (out of stupidity) or failing to follow ethics.

2 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

Basically most of the freedoms in the Bill of Rights, especially the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the right to bear arms.

Great minds think alike. :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 4

15 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

Basically most of the freedoms in the Bill of Rights, especially the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and the right to bear arms.

Yes, all of these! And not just in word, with lots of fine print and asterisks, but in the spirit intended by the authors. Simple and pure.  

• Brohoof 4

8 hours ago, Blivy said:

How so my friend?

Let's see how can I explain this....instead of giving a full speech and in fears of writing a hole investigation work let me put it this simply:

Freedom gives us the right to think for ourselves, but at the same time costs the society stability

Morally and ethically we all deserve freedom to do as we will with our lives and thoughts, but at the same time because is in human nature we will inevitably create chaos by doing so 

Freedom creates a world with different points of views and different experiences, but it costs the world one single purpose so it can move as one

I call this the dichotomy of freedom

2 hours ago, Sherem said:

Let's see how can I explain this....instead of giving a full speech and in fears of writing a hole investigation work let me put it this simply:

Freedom gives us the right to think for ourselves, but at the same time costs the society stability

Morally and ethically we all deserve freedom to do as we will with our lives and thoughts, but at the same time because is in human nature we will inevitably create chaos by doing so 

Freedom creates a world with different points of views and different experiences, but it costs the world one single purpose so it can move as one

I call this the dichotomy of freedom

I'd rather have dangerous freedom than peaceful slavery anyday my friend ^^

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Blivy said:

I'd rather have dangerous freedom than peaceful slavery anyday my friend ^^

and you are in all your right, as for me to think that freedom can be a problem

13 minutes ago, Sherem said:

and you are in all your right, as for me to think that freedom can be a problem

Only because I realize that over control of freedoms Lee's to tyranny but you are free to have you opnioun! Better no debate here too much though XD

• Brohoof 1