Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Songs That Annoy You

Misty Rose

I've searched and I haven't found a thread like this so if I missed it someone please let me know ^_^

Music....quite a weird topic for me to talk about. I don't like most mainstream music that's played, I prefer classics (and actual classical music ^_^) But here's something I can talk about, SONGS THAT ANNOY THE CRAP OUT OF ME! :angry:

To start off:

That's What Makes You Beautiful- One Direction

Happy- Pharell Williams

Gangnam Style

Party Rock

All About That Bass-Megan Trainor

BABY-JUSTIN BIEBER Extra hate for this one >_>

And anything Miley Cyrus has made recently :angry:

And many more >_> So how about you guys? What songs personally annoy you?

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 2

Almost any song that uses auto tune, it is way way over used and in many cases actually makes the singer sound worse rather than better that is assuming that singer is actually singing and not lip syncing. More modern songs than I can possibly list due to the fact that nearly all of them sound the same, repetition is a powerful tool in music if it used right but if not than songs become stale. Quite a few rap songs because the whole "bitches" and "ho's" thing is overplayed, it is not the vulgarity that bothers me it is the complete and utter lack of creativity and originality.

(edited)

Literally anything made by The Beatles annoy me, doesn't help the band has some actually bad people in it. :s

I never really listened much to The Beatles much ^_^ I never understood why people practically worship their worship though :eww:

Edited by Pink Mist
  • Brohoof 1

Almost all new songs today, especially Maroon 5 (don't ask me to explain) and Fallout Boy (which I think is outright terrible), along with nearly all modern hip-hop artists/rappers. Everything sounds the same and it's annoying.

Let's see here *pulls out a long list which unscrolls on the floor and continues for a mile* Let's make this short

1- 1001. Any song that's overplayed on the radio

Any song that is over played on the radio

However, i usually find the punk versions of pop songs and that version is just better that the original pop song

• Brohoof 2

Among all the pop songs, rap songs and dupstep songs that absolutely annoyed me at first listen, there is one song that annoys me even more than all those songs, Call Me Maybe is the abonimation I'm talking about, the vocals are childish and annoying so does the cliché lyrics and with this songs comes the obvious J.B. and 1D annoying songs

Edited by ExperimentalMLPguy
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think I can remember them all, but here's what I have right now:

- Most songs by Bruno Mars

- Here's to Us - Halestorm

- Anything by the Backstreet Boys

- Visions of Love - Mariah Carey

- Scream - Usher (especially the "ooh baby baby")

- New Maroon 5 songs

- All About That Bass

- Shatter Me - Lindsey Stirling: The vocals are annoying. Also, violin + dubstep isn't a good combination and makes you a psychedelic music wannabe. Nopony can experiment as good as psychedelic musicians.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 2

Pretty much anything by Steve Miller Band, but especially 'The Joker'. A lot of 80s hits are also really irritating now, too. New pop can also be pretty annoying, but honestly I don't have much exposure to it. The one I know that I find excruciatingly annoying is called 'Tonight Tonight' or something.

Edited by Envy

Songs that annoy me? Well

-preschool songs it's all babish and I can't handle it

-the hampster dance don't know why

-one direction songs I'm not a big fan of them

-baby by Justin biber I hate hate hate that song makes me puke

I made my point -_-

• Brohoof 1

Where fo I begin?

+ Every song in Justin Beiber's discography

+ Chainsmokers - #Selfie : Ignoring the mind-numbing and repetitive beats, the lyrics perfectly summarize everything I hate about modern society.

+ Nikki Minaj - Anaconda : I consider myself indifferent to Nikki Minaj, but I can't stand this abomination.

+ Every song in Jason DeRulo's Discography

+ Turn Down For What - Every time I hear it, I get the sudden urge to break something.

• Brohoof 4

Brony songs. Almost every time I attempt listen to one I writhe on the floor in agony. 

I know it's a very objective thing to say, but I just can't stand them. Maybe it's the way they horribly emulate characters. Could be because it's based off of a franchise already established in music. Or potentially the fact that it's basically a horrible fan fiction with a melody. I'm not too sure, yet what I do know is that I don't like them.

This doesn't just go for My Little Pony either. Any musical fan creation/parody from any franchise manages to get on my nerves.

If you do like them though, that's cool. I can understand why you would like them, they just ain't for me.

It's probably not a popular opinion, but I stand by it.

• Anything made by the Beach Boys

Most mainstream rap, not all, but too many follow the same formula

Friday by Rebecca Black

Nicki Minaj(I despise her, she may be a a totally different person from how I view her, but yea I don't like her music)

Nickelback(Pretty much everything other than "If everyone cared" and "Rockstar")

All I can think of atm though this is most definitely not the extent of songs that annoy me

Edited by A. Dazven

Taylor Swift

Most popular music

Iggy Izalea

Nicki Minaj

Nickelback

Rise Against

Iron Maiden (Don't get me wrong. This band is amazing, but Pandora decided to play the same 7 minute songs by them over and over, and it eventually got annoying. I can listen to Ghost Of The Navigator on repeat forever, though.)

Maroon 5 (They were actually decent a few years ago.)

Justin Bieber

One Direction

Mainstream Rap

Edited by MechanicalDoom
  • Brohoof 2

Kanye West- Touch the sky

The sample from the amazing Curtis Mayfield- Move On Up sounds awful so slow, and whilst the lyrics are ok they don't quite uplift me like Curtis orginal, and Kanye Wests voice really annoys me.

The original is way better! (which is why I bought the album the other day)

Edited by Scootaloodle

• Super twangy country songs 

Anaconda (Nicki Minaj)

Songs made by boybands (one direction is a good example)

Good songs that are overplayed to death (About that Bass, Blank Space, ect.)

Songs that have been autotuned far too much

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 3

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Lorde (originally by Tears for Fears)

"Mad World" by Gary Jules (originally by Tears for Fears)

If I ruled the world, the first thing I would do is make it illegal for anyone to cover a Tears for Fears song. 

The original versions of both these songs had unparalleled amounts of complexity, soul, and beauty. They are nothing short of masterpieces in the medium. These two covers of the Tears for Fears originals, however, are just lacking soul. The first one, Lorde's version of everybody wants to rule the world, bleeds corporate money making scam that shows little care for the artistic integrity. You can tell that it was nothing more than "Let's have this Lorde chick do a cover of an emo sounding song to make a quick buck." You can almost feel it in the song itself. I don't like it. I hate this cover, actually, and I wrote a whole blog about why I hate it.

The difference between the two, however, is that Lorde tried. I gotta give credit where credit is due - the lady did put forth a concentrated effort to do justice to the original, and I applaud her for such. Jules' version is everything Lorde's version is minus that effort that she put into the song. It is nothing more than the original song redone in a gloomy key. I believe that if one is to cover a song, they should try to do more than change one thing to remake a popular song into their own popular song. That is just lazy as hell, and that's exactly what Jules' did. He desecrated the original, and for that, I would listen to Lorde's version over his any day. I feel as if that sheer laziness was just tasteless, man, and I actually feel offended listening to it. It's like hearing a masterpiece being vandalized.

• Brohoof 3