Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favourite console generations?

Legit101

(edited)

Sega Genesis -> Nintendo 64 -> Playstation 2 -> Xbox 360

Only because I owned them, not because I care about accurate console analysis and comparison

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

3rd gen: NES without a doubt in my mind

4th gen: I loved the genesis but I think the SNES just beats it.

5th gen: N64 just barely wins, I mean game wise yes N64 is much better but that controller? Ugh....

6th gen:PS2, great games, great graphics can't go wrong. I love the gamecube but I just think the PS2 is better :P

7th gen: I don't have an opinion as I only had a wii and PS3, my ps3 broke so I'll go with wii.

• Brohoof 1

NES: som

3rd gen: NES without a doubt in my mind

4th gen: I loved the genesis but I think the SNES just beats it.

5th gen: N64 just barely wins, I mean game wise yes N64 is much better but that controller? Ugh....

6th gen:PS2, great games, great graphics can't go wrong. I love the gamecube but I just think the PS2 is better :P

7th gen: I don't have an opinion as I only had a wii and PS3, my ps3 broke so I'll go with wii.

Agree with everything here except for 7th which i think is Xbox :P

(edited)

I'm Nintendo all the way! The games of the N64 were awesome! (Mario 64, LoZ OoT and MM, Super Smash Bros 64...) I've played GBA, PS2, DS and Wii games, and I came onto the gaming scene much later than most of you... I wish I had more experience, but I'm a huge fan of Nintendo (Japan is awesome, nopony can deny that!) and my favorite lets-players play with Nintendo stuff (The Runaway guys are awesome!) so I'm there in opinions... But, no-one can go past the gaming experience of the PC... It is the ultimate game system! That, and it's got lots of other stuff you can do on it...

EDIT: Yes, I've never played a N64, but I've played part of Mario 64 on the computer (I was young and naive) and my favorite LPers played them and had really good experiences with them so I'll just take their word for it...

Edited by Skystar

3: NES

4: SNES

5:PlayStation

6:PlayStation 2

7:PlayStation 3

I never really liked the N64, since the cartridge system was starting to get outdated by the 90's.

(I skip the first 2)

3rd: NES

4th: Super Nintendo

5th: Nintendo 64

6th: GC

7th: Wii

8th: Wii U - (all the way!)

Yes.. Nintendo forever. <3

• Brohoof 1

There is no doubt that the PS2 was one of the most awesome things ever created by Sony and I've owned the slim version of it for 6 years now and it has not broken down even once,no weird crashes and the graphics are generally good on most of the games.

I could tell you, but I'd be extremely biased towards Nintendo. :P

My favorite lets-players play with Nintendo stuff (The Runaway guys are awesome!) so I'm there in opinions...

Yeah, I watch LPs for a lot of my *le gasp* pony-free time. My favourite would probably be Blinkkandyoumissit. Or chibinekodemyx. But mainly because he's a brony like us. :lol:

I'm doing this in order of from the first generation I had experienced, not the ACTUAL first generation. So keep that in mind.

1.) SNES - It's the only one I had played from this generation, so I'll have to say it.

2.) PlayStation - Whilst I enjoyed Pokémon Stadium 2 and the N64's charming blockiness, the Playstation won me over with its more superior graphics and the Final Fantasy series. There were a lot of good FFs in this era, such as my favourite, Final Fantasy IX.

3.) PlayStation 2 - I really thought that the mini-discs of the Gamecube were charming and its shape cute and light (as well as having Super Smash Bros. Melee on it), but the PS2 at the time had CD AND DVD functionality, which were extremely useful. It also could play PS1 games flawlessly, was compatible with memory cards from PS1, and had the Kingdom Hearts series as well as Final Fantasy X. Overall, you got more bang for your buck with the PS2. And it to this day remains my favourite console of them all.

I cannot comment on the current era, as I am woefully out of date. I only own a PS3, but I don't use it much for gaming and am not fond of it for that purpose very much. But the graphics are spectacular, and its controller can be used for some amazing motion stuff when done properly. (A game I have, Folklore, uses motion controls wonderfully without being too gimmicky.) Also, I can't really afford too many games because they cost like $60 nowadays and I'm not interested in most of them.

3.) PlayStation 2 - I really thought that the mini-discs of the Gamecube were charming and its shape cute and light (as well as having Super Smash Bros. Melee on it), but the PS2 at the time had CD AND DVD functionality, which were extremely useful. It also could play PS1 games flawlessly, was compatible with memory cards from PS1, and had the Kingdom Hearts series as well as Final Fantasy X. Overall, you got more bang for your buck with the PS2. And it to this day remains my favourite console of them all.

It's sort of odd how they keep on milking the PS2, however. I'm seeing PS2 games being released left and right as a result, because of its high sales figures.

(edited)

3rd - NES

4th - SNES

5th - N64

6th - PS2

7th - I absolutely hate motion controls so no Wii (sorry, love the console, hate controls), and I don't see any difference between 360 and PS3. Without getting into costs and such, I'll say Xbox (Only reason: party chats/etc, even though I don't have one)

I still love the ps2 though. I don't have many games but if I had spare cash I'd buy a ton of them in a heartbeat. Unfortunatly the local game stores over price PS2 games for like $20+... :(

Edited by TOMahwk

I love every console of every gen, honestly. As well as PC. I do my best to get my hands on anything I can. I figure that they all have their ups and downs and they all have different games. So the more I have, the more options I have on what I can play. Unfortunately, every generations makes it more difficult to get caught up than the last. I may have to start picking and choosing with the next gen. But I'll worry about that when it comes.

Until then, I'm set for almost any interesting looking game that happens to come out.

I am partial to the consoles I own, so I would only say Xbox and Xbox 360 as those are the only ones I've ever owned.

On the other hand, the PC has always been here to fall back on. Reliable little filly that one.

The only non-Nintendo home console I own for myself is a PS2, and even so I'd give that generation to the GCN - no contest. The GCN is my favorite console of all time.

However, I'd be willing to let the PS3 or 360 take this generation because the Wii was just such a mediocre console.

I think the game cube might have gotten a lot more votes if the Component Video Cables were used but then Nintendo took the port off later models to make the game cube cheaper to make.

but my list would be

3: NES

4: SNES

5:N64

6:PS2

7:XBox 360

• 4 years later...