Do you find any source of discomfort enjoyable?

Invincible

Now I don't necessarily mean it in some weird masochistic way, just a thought that crossed my mind. I certainly don't mean it as a way to encourage anyone here to hurt themselves.

I for instance like holding hot objects (not all of them mind you, i still want to keep my hands) - I got burned so many times that if i hold certain hot objects that others would avert their hands from immediately i would feel only a tingling sensation.

Do you have any sensations that you enjoy for all the wrong reasons?

• Brohoof 1

Believe it not, watching mlp vids.

I'll literally start blushing with embarrassment.

It's so weird, huh?

I'll be all alone, but it's like a ghost is watching me and I feel embarrassed. I wouldn't call it an extreme source of discomfort and it goes away once I'm distracted with the vid.

But yeah, I feel uncomfortable watching mlp even though I like the show.

As for finding the actual discomfort enjoyable, it'd be a bit of a paradox for me. Discomfort is unenjoyable. Comfort is enjoyable. That's how I feel it.

Edited by pollo20x6
  • Brohoof 2

Every Morning, i get a bus to go to school, and i always sleep while it's going, as the bus keeps shaking, my head is constantly shocking against the window, and i discovered that in one side of my head i barely feel any pain, one day i fell on ground with my head, and i just felt with a bit of nausea, but no pain.

Not a great superpower through.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

i'm Sorry if i've made mistakes, english isn't my main Language, but i'm trying to get better at it (if you see an error and wants to tell me, i'll correct and learn from it :yay: )

Well I used to enjoy sticking objects like tooth picks in between two certain teeth in the back of my mouth and occasionally in to the gap in my front teeth.

It wouldn’t hurt, but it would feel nice and calming 

• Brohoof 3

Quite recently I started eating chili peppers, which I like doing a lot; it's exciting, and I feel like I've accomplished something after doing it. The pain is horrible, but you kind of forget that every time until the next time you have tears in your eyes and the burning feeling in your mouth...I always wonder why I keep putting myself through so much crap :wacko:

The hottest pepper i've eaten so far is the Habanero, I'd like to go higher on the scoville scale, but so far I haven't found any hotter peppers.

• Brohoof 2

Really, really spicy food. Wherever I go, I usually order the spiciest thing on the menu, which is probably the reason why I like Indian food so much. The heat is comforting, and reminds me of my childhood, when I used to eat lots of spicy foods. I've built up such a tolerance that I can eat many foods without breaking a sweat that most people cry after eating.

• Brohoof 2

"For every loud and idiotic kid in front of a computer, there's a quiet and passionate kid in front of a computer."

--Einstein on Video Games,2014

Watching APH... It does things to me.

I once burst into hysterical laughter and rolled around on the floor with tears in my eyes after watching the entire series in one night. The next time I watched it I walked out into the middle of the road at 2am and jumped in front of a bus. It is so ticklish it makes me feel all uninhibited and free.

Also the sensation of Listerine mouthwash. I like the burning. I like to wait until it numbs my tongue with pain before spitting it out.

• Brohoof 2

I get piercings mostly because of the pain, I just feel the adrenaline beforehand to be nice, then the pain, and you get a nice piercing at the end of it.

I also like tearing skin off my lip and chewing on the inside of my mouth until it bleeds.

• Brohoof 3

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

Hmmmm, pain does seem to cause enjoyable feelings. Not that I cause harm to myself a lot, but yes. I used to box a lot and when I first started out I tore my knuckles up pretty well since I wanted to toughen the skin. Not only did I strengthen my knuckles, I can't feel very much with them, so I can hit things much harder and no pain will come across or register in my brain since I've caused intentional pain to my knuckles for a long time that I've become resilient to it.

• Brohoof 2

While snoozing my alarm clock in the morning I lie on my back instead of my side. Because it's slightly less comfortable I stay awake, but I still get the lovely experience of being able to stay in bed for an extra 15 minutes.

• Brohoof 1

Yes. I greatly enjoy punctures, cuts, and lashes:

Getting a flu shot or blood drawn by the doctor is an exciting thought and I always enjoy getting stuck by the needle. I'm tempted to try acupuncture just for the pin pricks rather than whatever supposed health benefits come with it.

Whenever I accidentally cut myself on some object, I have a tendency to watch it bleed a bit and possibly agitate the injury a bit, not actually bandaging it until the blood has already coagulated. I've never cut myself or anything, although I enjoy it whenever it happens to me.

As for lashes, try folding a belt in half and striking your arm with it and you'll have the sensation I'm talking about. I love that sting.

Note that none of this arouses me sexually. I enjoy the pain for precisely what it is, that's all.

I honestly think that i'm weird for saying this, but I actually enjoy being sore.

Nah, I get that. Mostly after working out or doing some kind of physical labor though, not the sort of soreness that accompanies sickness, such as the flu.

• Brohoof 1

sig-6104.5e1fEdB.png

Kyoshi made this ^^

Come join us on

Equestria.tv on Fridays at 6 PM Eastern for our weekly movie nights!

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I love weight lifting even when I feel like I'm going to die. It's just an experience of raw power that feels like a throwback from the stone ages. Primal and shit. 

I also enjoy getting shots. I'm never ever getting acupuncture, especially after seeing that scene in one of those Final Destination movies where that dude got hella fucked up, but I still enjoy getting shots at the doctor in some weird way. I used to be terrified of them but I enjoy them now, and they don't even hurt anymore. In fact I don't really feel them much at all. It hurts worse to idly pinch myself or stub my toe.

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png