Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which character sings the best songs?

gamecubeguy214

Searched, couldn't find any. So basically this is a thread that allows you to give out your opinion about who sings the best songs. You can be general in music, or you can be specific in the feeling of the music. So I'll be specific. For beauty of music, I'll say Celestia and Twi. Most of the songs they sing is slow paced, and the pitches are all in the middle of high and low and stays that way through the whole song.

For badA songs, I'd go with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They always sing fast paced words, in the high pitch range, sometimes going a bit low and then rapidly switching back to high, and to me those kinds of songs are badA.
  • Brohoof 2

I think overall Rarity sings best songs I like all of her song and they are beautiful to listen.

but my favorite songs of all sings Pinkie Pie but she sings some songs too that I don't like so much so Rarity takes the lead in the quality department of all songs for me! 

post-28950-0-66067300-1423317945.gif
  • Brohoof 2

Pinkie, and it's not even a contest.

She has The Smile Song and Pinkie's Lament, which are two of my favorites. That's in addition to: Giggle at the Ghosty (at least I think that's what that song is called), Evil Enchantress, and the Cupcake song. 

• Brohoof 2

Anything Kazumi Evans sings as Rares. :rarity:

From Art of the Dress, to an 80's esque Becoming Popular, to that freaking note in Find the Music in You - her singing as Rarity especially is inspired. 

• Brohoof 3

I have to go with Cadence on this one. Rarity comes close, but by GOD what a voice Cadence has. <3

• Brohoof 1

The Pinkster of course. I hope we get another solo from Pinkie in the next season.

• Brohoof 3

I have a new appreciation for Applejack's songs. I like the tempo and raw emotion. It just really cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt33bieqkkY

^Rarity sounds awesome in this song, too, even though she only has one line.^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT0cYJp2D44

I also really love Rarity's songs, and Fluttershy's duets. I'm not going to post "Art of the Dress" again, though. :P

Btw, I didn't like "Generosity", but I liked the reprise. :please:

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 3

Princess Cadance has an absolutely heavenly voice. Just listen to her in This Day Aria and You'll Play Her Part. She needs to sing like, 100 more songs.

However, she's tied with Rarity; who can resist Becoming Popular? I also like Rarity's part in A True True Friend. :)

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie. To me, I feel as if Shannon Chan Kent's voice sounds powerful, but still retains Pinkie's cheerful tone. It's also the perfect singing voice for Pinkie, as it fits her personality very well, with her love for singing and all. It especially shows in the song Pinkie's Lament.

• Brohoof 4

Most of my favourite MLP songs are not solos.

A True, True FriendWhat My Cutie Mark is Telling Me, the cafeteria song from Equestria Girls, Shake Your TailShine Like Rainbows, and Winter Wrap-Up are each sung by the Mane 6 (though Shine Like Rainbows has Sunset Shimmer taking Twilight Sparkle's place — same voice actress anyway). Bad Seed is the CMCs. Under Our Spell is the Dazzlings. And Welcome to the Show is the Mane 6, the Dazzlings, and Sunset Shimmer. I suppose I just really like the vocal harmonies.

The Smile Song is Pinkie though, and that's one of my top two songs. (Depending on my mood, it's either my favourite or second favourite.) She also sings Make a Wish, and Pinkie's Lament, which are each top-notch songs too. And those Mane 6 songs above, although they're not Pinkie solo, she does still sing in them, so it counts! So Pinkie wins for me, even though I don't think that she has the best singing voice by any means. (That last honour probably goes to Cadence.)

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle
  • Brohoof 3

Wait, wait guys.

We're forgetting some very important men:

Ah yes, forgot about Flim Flam! That was an excellent vaudeville performance! <3

• Brohoof 1

I won't post them again, but overall I have to say Rarity's songs tend to be my favourites :rarity: Art of the Dress, Becoming Popular, Generosity - I adore them all, her voice is lovely and the songs just really work as character moments for her in particular (even more so than the rest of the M6, though they all have songs I love).

Honourable mentions to Fluttershy - her voice is adorable, I hope she gets another solo in S5 - and Pinkie, mainly for the Smile Song (also a perfect character moment) and Pinkie's Lament. Though I also love the group songs and duets, for the harmonies and how different voices/styles work together. I love the way At The Gala does that especially - it blends the music styles for each character so well.

And You'll Play Your Part really makes me want the princesses to sing more often: Celestia, Luna and Cadance's voices are all lovely and even better together :wub:

Also if EQG counts: definitely the Dazzlings' songs. I love them so much, the harmonies, the basslines, Adagio's voice (so basically I guess I just love Kazumi Evans' voice :P) and how they just have a bit more ~edge to them, if that's the right word, compared to the other songs in FiM and especially EQG - obviously, cause villain songs, but yeah, I wish they had more of them. I do love some of the Rainbooms' songs too, but...yeah, no contest :P

• Brohoof 2

personally I think Andrea Libman is the best singer, just listening to Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie sing....

The only songs that Andrea Libman sings as Pinkie Pie are Hop Skip and Jump, Evil Enchantress, Happy Monthiversary, Cranky Doodle Donkey, Cranky Doodle Joy, Welcome Song, The Rapping History of the Wonderbolts, and the goof off.

Most of Pinkie's best songs (Smile, Lament, You Gotta Share, etc), plus her parts in any of the songs which feature the whole Mane 6, are sung by Shannon Chan-Kent (a.k.a. Silver Spoon).

• Brohoof 2

personally I think Andrea Libman is the best singer, just listening to Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie sing....

Does Andrea Libman do Pinkie Pie's singing voice? I'm not sure.

EDIT: Didn't see Vital's post. :P

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I have to go with Cadence on this one. Rarity comes close, but by GOD what a voice Cadence has. <3

I have to agree, Cadance/Cadence has a beautiful voice. IMO she is the standout voice in 'You'll Play Your Part'. Plus, 'This Day Aria'... need I say more?  :wub:

I'm also going to go with Applejack. Ashleigh Ball has a fantastic singing voice for AJ and I enjoy her songs the most. 'Raise this Barn' and 'Bats' are just fantastic (alongside 'Apples to the Core' with the Apples). Her cameos in other songs are always enjoyable too, like 'A True True Friend' and 'What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me'. :icwudt:

For the record, this song is my ringtone and the first MLP song I ever purchased  :wub: