Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes a pony attractive?

J.R.

Pony Attractiveness  

109 users have voted

1. 1. What truly makes a pony attractive?

• Looks
    • Personality
    • Both

On 2/24/2015 at 5:04 AM, Dark Horse said:

I think its all down to a good balance of both. A harsh personality can ruin any good looks (Trixie..)

That being said, a well kept mane and vibrant, catchy color is always a good first step for me.

And c'mon, they're just cute!

What do you have against Trixie? :P (I'm just curious, I mean no offense! :mlp_please:)

5 hours ago, Literatel said:

What do you have against Trixie? :P (I'm just curious, I mean no offense! :mlp_please:)

Haha! Well, that was me almost 4 years ago now, before Trixie developed a much more likable personality. :D

I wouldn't say I've anything really against her now, just early on she reminded me too much of ego-driven co-workers who made everything difficult. :baconmane:

8 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Haha! Well, that was me almost 4 years ago now, before Trixie developed a much more likable personality. :D

I wouldn't say I've anything really against her now, just early on she reminded me too much of ego-driven co-workers who made everything difficult. :baconmane:

Wow, this thread is really that old, huh? :P

True, true. What did you think of her in Forgotten Friendship, if you saw it? :squee:

18 hours ago, Literatel said:

Wow, this thread is really that old, huh? :P

True, true. What did you think of her in Forgotten Friendship, if you saw it? :squee:

Yes. It must have been one of the first threads I'd commented on after returning from a brief hiatus in late 2014. :-P

I actually really liked her in that. It was a good display of how far she's come as a character, in that she willingly decides to help Sunset with her plight and sympathizes with her, but she still asks for a compromise, so its not like her old sneaky self is completely gone. :yeahno:

Still, she seems to do really good as support for the mains, like her friendship with Starlight shows too.

I guess for some though; she'll always be the GREAT AND POWERFUL! :mlp_yeehaa:

5 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Yes. It must have been one of the first threads I'd commented on after returning from a brief hiatus in late 2014. :-P

I actually really liked her in that. It was a good display of how far she's come as a character, in that she willingly decides to help Sunset with her plight and sympathizes with her, but she still asks for a compromise, so its not like her old sneaky self is completely gone. :yeahno:

Still, she seems to do really good as support for the mains, like her friendship with Starlight shows too.

I guess for some though; she'll always be the GREAT AND POWERFUL! :mlp_yeehaa:

Well, I'm kinda of a fresh spawn around here compared to you, so... :P

That is what I like about her; she is open to growth, but remains true to her ways. Honestly, I'm the same. :P Whenever someone asks me for a favor, I request one back, and if they don't deliver, I write their name on my "list", which allows me to keep track of people that owe me.

I can only hope that this special isn't treated as a standalone thing, and her new friendship with Sunset isn't completely forgotten. (And I am aware that perhaps only one more movie, one more special, some shorts, and some songs are planned before the series ends, but still...)

Very much so! :D As for myself, well, I like to identify as "Literatel the Wise". :P I always wear a trench coat and I always carry around a homemade staff, so... X3

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Looks are all that matters. 'Personality' is too deceptive.

And yet looks fade away, but personality is situational at best. Actions are what count. A person's actions speak their true colors.

9 minutes ago, Literatel said:

And yet looks fade away, but personality is situational at best. Actions are what count. A person's actions speak their true colors.

Problem is, people are selfish, and their actions are just ways to influence you for their own aims. Ponies are not that different either...

Just now, Mirage said:

Problem is, people are selfish, and their actions are just ways to influence you for their own aims. Ponies are not that different either...

My advice: never trust anyone. And always try to find ways to manipulate people to your own ends as well, otherwise you're going from a hidden predator to being a chicken nugget, so to speak. Just some kind advice here. :P We humans (and all life) are very self-centered beings.

Just now, Literatel said:

My advice: never trust anyone. And always try to find ways to manipulate people to your own ends as well, otherwise you're going from a hidden predator to being a chicken nugget, so to speak. Just some kind advice here. :P We humans (and all life) are very self-centered beings.

That's right. We are all truly alone in this universe.

I can only say that I had seen Ponies before I got involved and... I just didn't get it, aside from "She's kinda cool" thoughts from seeing a couple of RD pics. But I never in a bajillion years thought I'd have any emotional (or other) feelings. Just 6 months in and all of that has changed, and I see them no different than I would a person. This kind of fits in with how I've always been. Once I get to know someone, the physical attraction just mysteriously comes along with it, I guess.

• 1 year later...

I'm drawn to their personality and looks. Usually if I like a pony a lot and they endear to me, and they're on my mind for some time, I start to get a bit physically attracted too. I'm like this with both cute mares and stallions too, for some reason.

However, if a pony is really unlikeable, that's a different story.

Case in point: There's some suggestive art of Spoiled Rich out there, but she's so utterly unlikeable that it's impossible to really find appealing.

• Brohoof 1

EQ!Fluttershy has that whisp of hair that falls over one eye. *faints*

Back to Ponies:  I am a sucker for bangs, so I love Twi's mane.

Obviously, the big eyes. The flowing manes and tails. The curve of the . . . hip? Haunch? What word for that part that contains the cutie mark? 

18 hours ago, Toastypk said:

I'm drawn to their personality and looks. Usually if I like a pony a lot and they endear to me, and they're on my mind for some time, I start to get a bit physically attracted too. I'm like this with both cute mares and stallions too, for some reason.

However, if a pony is really unlikeable, that's a different story.

Case in point: There's some suggestive art of Spoiled Rich out there, but she's so utterly unlikeable that it's impossible to really find appealing.

I know how you feel. And honestly, I think it's pretty natural to feel that way, despite that they are ponies. I am sexually attracted to them as well which was a very weird experience for me back in 2010. Time went by and I became a clopper. Every time I see Rule 34 stuff of the ponies I love like Fluttershy, Twilight, Pinkie etc, I just can't help myself but get so damn horny for them! The animators really did play God to make them so damn hot which the ponies from the previous generations will never exceed to their level of beauty!

Also, I agree with you about Spoiled Rich. Her looks are not that bad but, goddamn her personality is just utter shit!

18 hours ago, SomeponySparkle said:

EQ!Fluttershy has that whisp of hair that falls over one eye. *faints*

Back to Ponies:  I am a sucker for bangs, so I love Twi's mane.

Obviously, the big eyes. The flowing manes and tails. The curve of the . . . hip? Haunch? What word for that part that contains the cutie mark? 

Flank, that's the word for it. And yes, these ponies are something else entirely. The animators definitely played God to make these ponies so unbelievably sexy!

40 minutes ago, Rui-tei90 said:

Flank, that's the word for it. And yes, these ponies are something else entirely. The animators definitely played God to make these ponies so unbelievably sexy!

"Flank"  Thank you! I realized that later, but I couldn't put my finger on word the when making that post. :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by SomeponySparkle
  • Brohoof 1