Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What things has the fandom not yet done that surprises you?

ManaMinori

5 years into MLP:FIM and you think you've seen every possible fanship, every background pony given a fan name, every form of fanart invested into the show; from sculpts to music....but have you? Wat are some of the things that fandom hasn't yet done (to your knowledge) that surprises you that it hasn't been done before? Personally, I'm left a little surprised that the fandom (to my knowledge) hasn't yet begun shipping Discord and Sunset Shimmer, even in AU, where Sunny winds up Celestia's successor, instead of Twilight) (or even in possible future canon MLP territory) But while I'm left surprised by the lack of this ship, I actually appreciate it, since I feel like it's my own fanship and isn't done to death, like Dislestia, Fluttercord, and Twicord. :)

-jabs at shippers with a stick- Back, you beasts! This ship is MINE! D:<

Discuss: what the fandom hasn't done yet that surprises you?

A full Fallout Equestria animated series. It's honestly surprising and it would be nice for those of us who are bored of reading, those who need visuals, those low on time, or those whom just have problems with reading. The radio play voices are amazing for the characters and it'd be nice to see a full animation with them, it could easily be the biggest fandom project to date.

• Brohoof 1

A full Fallout Equestria animated series.

Do you have any idea how long that would take? Journey of the Spark was estimated two or three years, I think, and that was under 2 hours long. I can't even imagine the amount of time and manpower it would take to make a high quality series faithful to the story. I'd go so far as to say it's impossible without backing from Bill Gates or something.

• Brohoof 1

I'm kinda surprised more fans have yet to connect Caballeron to Belloq from Indiana Jones in a large scale yet. :P

• Brohoof 1

Were you here for Derpygate, or the Wings reveal on Jan 29th 2013?

I was. That was not collapse. That was more civil disorder. I'm talking contention to the point things are unlikely to ever recover. It's never been that bad. Some fandoms get to the point where all there is left to argue and be pessimistic as to how things can get worse.

• Brohoof 1

I was. That was not collapse. That was more civil disorder. I'm talking contention to the point things are unlikely to ever recover. It's never been that bad. Some fandoms get to the point where all there is left to argue and be pessimistic as to how things can get worse.

lol, allow me to introduce you to some other sites in the fandom. MLPF has always been quite optimistic and civil.

I've seen a fair number of X meets My Little Pony stories but I haven't seen either Anita Blake, vampire hunter (her Amour would be like the Changelings, perhaps) or Kitty Norville (a werewolf named Kitty seems a good match).

Also, a CMC spin off.  The idea just seems to generate a limitless wave of apathy

I'm kinda surprised more fans have yet to connect Caballeron to Belloq from Indiana Jones in a large scale yet. :P

They HAVEN'T?! 

I'm surprised there isn't more love for FlimFlamFilosophy's work, His stuff is way funnier than that OTHER parody could ever hope to be. 

• Brohoof 3

They HAVEN'T?! 

I'm surprised there isn't more love for FlimFlamFilosophy's work, His stuff is way funnier than that OTHER parody could ever hope to be. 

We don't talk about that other parody. :P

A full Fallout Equestria animated series. It's honestly surprising and it would be nice for those of us who are bored of reading, those who need visuals, those low on time, or those whom just have problems with reading. The radio play voices are amazing for the characters and it'd be nice to see a full animation with them, it could easily be the biggest fandom project to date.

I'm sure there have been multiple with varying degrees of success. BUT there is a game being made! http://theovermare.com/ I hope it doesn't get abandoned but knowing the history of games in this fandom I'm not sure about it.

There has yet to be an episode where the ponies go to the beach.  There are a few fan fics about this, but not many that I've seen.

Only if done tastefully. Have you seen beach or hot spring anime episodes? Hasbro won't go there!

432802_safe_rainbowdash_pinkiepie_applej

Guys, can you PLEASE keep it down over there? I'm trying to study!

twilight_at_the_beach_by_kp_shadowsquirr

there's an sfm version of one, but its only two parts sadly.... 

(edited)

There has yet to be an episode where the ponies go to the beach. There are a few fan fics about this, but not many that I've seen.

There's a lot of fan arts actually ;) I've seen many pics of the mane 6/CMC at the beach. I think it's a great idea.

But yeah, hopefully we'll see that in the show too...

Edited by Blobulle

The merponies are not popular yet, sadly.

Eventually they will have gen 4 merponies which aren't psychological horrors for people. The underwater city of Aquastria has yet to be explored and with season 5's exploration of their world we have a small chance of seeing it. They'll probably look like mermaids though instead of sea horses.

• Brohoof 1