LyraHeartstrings

205 users have voted

1. 1. What pony race is your favourite?

• Earth pony
    • Unicorn
    • Pegasus
    • Crystal Pony
    • Alicorn

I know this seems unrelated but listen and find out why it isn't. People of the land of Equestria, have you ever wondered what this name must mean? Well, the name Equestria uses the latin prefix "equ" which means equal in latin. Combined with "tria" It means "Land of Equals". Though in other people will say it ties to the latin word Equine, which means horse. But, technically this word will only mean horse if it is fully spelled. So, Equestria probably means "Land of Equal Ponies". Now, thinking about it, this may refrain ponies from saying one is better than the other, so, we cannot say Pegasi are better than Unicorns. Or that Earth ponies are least powerful. They all require eachother to sustain harmony. Therefore they are all equal. Case closed, polls mean NOTHING except to express the opinions of the community. This does not show that one is better than the other. But I still like Unicorns, they are fucking magical.

most would be a pegasus, but i would want to be a unicorn because you still have the ability to fly and you also have magic

Not really. There might be a spell for flying but it probably require you to have a lot of magical capabilities, no?

Not really. There might be a spell for flying but it probably require you to have a lot of magical capabilities, no?

If a foal can do it, I'm pretty sure any pony who can study magic can do it too. The Cakes' baby unicorn flew, so why shouldn't the adults be able to too?

If a foal can do it, I'm pretty sure any pony who can study magic can do it too. The Cakes' baby unicorn flew, so why shouldn't the adults be able to too?

It was mostly floating like a cloud. I don't think Unicorns are capable of going 200 MP/H at 500 Feet like Rainbow Dash would.

It was mostly floating like a cloud. I don't think Unicorns are capable of going 200 MP/H at 500 Feet like Rainbow Dash would.

well i guess if you wanna fly at really high speeds then yea a pegasus is better for that. but just for normal flying, a unicorn is fine.

Because it was specifically stated by Twilight and Rarity that baby unicorns have strange flashes of magical power. It's a phase that baby unicorns go through, and it doesn't last forever. So no. The only adult unicorn who has been seen to enable flight magically is Twilight, and that took all of her considerable power to do only once.

I suppose almost no one chose earth pony because we are all earth dwellers. we all already cant fly so its kinda like: "been there, done that." people wanna do something other than just walk or drive somewhere. So, why not fly? I actually choose unicorn because well, if i was a pony i would have no thumbs.

I'd definitely go with Pegasus, as flying would be pretty awesome. Plus Cloudsdale is exclusie to Pegasi. Speaking of which, did you know "Cloudsdale" is a play on "Clydesdale", a breed of horse.

Pegasus, Cause Rainbow Dash is best Pony. Unicorns are pretty cool too I guess. Earth Ponies don't really have many good abilities.

I'll stay with Unicorn, because you have the power to go against natural laws, also that you can generate your own wings that are probably faster than a normal pegasis' wings. Unicorn because you have the power to turn the tides of war if you so much as needed to too.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to be a unicorn because, like, they have magical powers and stuff, which is (no offense pegasi) a lot cooler than flying to me. Although it would be cool to fly... hmm... isn't there like a combo or something? :)

I'll stay with Unicorn, because you have the power to go against natural laws, also that you can generate your own wings that are probably faster than a normal pegasis' wings. Unicorn because you have the power to turn the tides of war if you so much as needed to too.

yeah, i agree. unicorns have the most power. Also if you were a unicorn you could turn yourself into a pegasus or a earth pony if you wanted.

• Brohoof 1

i'd prefer earth pony plus i'd rather work the old-fashion way and I don't want to use magic just to do things easy plus I have fear of heights so being a Pegasus is out of the question.

Unicorn, easily. Just the ability to magic things about, cast spells, and at the very least have more precision when using my typewriter is enough to sell me on that.

Although...

Pegasus.

Rainbow Dash.

I can fly.

I look cool.

I have awesome glasses.

I can fly.

Unicorns are magical, Pegasi are cool and live in clouds.

Nuff' said, correct?

I like Unicorns better, since my fave character (Twilight Sparkle), is one. also coz the freedom of magic powers qould be the funniest thing, perhaps Unicorns could use magic to fly like the Pegasus and be strong like earth ponies, I'm just sayin' I like all ponies in general, but like the unicorn type the most =).

Well, since I can't choose Alicorn... I'm going with pegasus, I have a kind of big interest in airplanes and flying and such, so yeah that's what I'd like to be, if I were a pony.