Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I watched the episode yesterday.

My favourite line is: "I CREATED HARMONY"

That is agreeable the most iron line, considering she's shouting it at the "Elements of Harmony"

• Brohoof 2

I watched the episode yesterday.

My favourite line is: "I CREATED HARMONY"

That line kinda reminded me of Mugatu from Zoolander.

ef099f96b4cd30e982dd8c7e3d9f4e9652d69c0d

Edited by Mystery
  • Brohoof 1

Hooray, more love for Starlight! And she deserves it for being such a great villain.  ^_^

po1370%20%20welcome____friends_by_assasi

:wub:

I may have to come up with a whole new headcanon for the ending...it was just too convenient. Of course Starlight never told the villagers about keeping her cutie mark--if she did, she would seem less evil and they wouldn't have a common reason to question her authority. And of course Double Diamond yelled "let's go get our cutie marks back" and everypony immediately stampeded for the vault, abandoning their entire lifestyle without any discussion at all--otherwise, the Mane Six would be up a certain creek as Starlight escaped with their cutie marks.

I can think of three ways to eliminate those contrivances:

1. Make it a 3-parter.

2. Have Starlight escape with their cutie marks for a certain period of time.

3. Have the entire thing be a hoax perpetrated on the Mane Six by Starlight and the villagers--i.e. they knew about her cutie mark from the beginning, and as soon as the good guys leave Starlight comes right back and they return their marks to the vault, continuing as before. Wouldn't THAT be a mindscrew.  :D

• Brohoof 3

Hooray, more love for Starlight! And she deserves it for being such a great villain.  ^_^

img-3664065-1-po1370%20%20welcome____fri

:wub:

I may have to come up with a whole new headcanon for the ending...it was just too convenient. Of course Starlight never told the villagers about keeping her cutie mark--if she did, she would seem less evil and they wouldn't have a common reason to question her authority. And of course Double Diamond yelled "let's go get our cutie marks back" and everypony immediately stampeded for the vault, abandoning their entire lifestyle without any discussion at all--otherwise, the Mane Six would be up a certain creek as Starlight escaped with their cutie marks.

I can think of three ways to eliminate those contrivances:

1. Make it a 3-parter.

2. Have Starlight escape with their cutie marks for a certain period of time.

3. Have the entire thing be a hoax perpetrated on the Mane Six by Starlight and the villagers--i.e. they knew about her cutie mark from the beginning, and as soon as the good guys leave Starlight comes right back and they return their marks to the vault, continuing as before. Wouldn't THAT be a mindscrew.  :D

Number 3 would be awesome, but then we'd have a more perfect villain, and Discovery can't have that, now, can they? :please:

Also, what happened to the Starlight love? It dried up in the space of a week. :confused:

post-28184-0-19902200-1429127591_thumb.png

*sigh* I guess that leaves the rest to me. Not that that's a bad thing.post-28184-0-91705000-1429127789.png

post-28184-0-39219500-1429127696_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

I guess she's my new favorite villain now, since I'm a sucker for sympathetic villains. I don't think she's simply looking for power for the sake of being the villain. I think she actually wants to rid the world of conflict, and is willing to go to extremes to make that happen.

I'll be pissed if they pull an Unalaq, and she's actually a two-dimensional villain who just wants to take over the world.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 4

I liked that for once, Celestia was not involved in the Mane 6 going to Ourtown and meeting Starlight. She didn't even appear in the episode. Twilight and her friends were very much on their own when dealing with SG, and that feeling of isolation and helplessness added a lot to the suspense factor and to her "cred" as a villain.

Starlight presents a different kind of threat to Equestria than anything Celestia has mentioned before. I wonder if she even knew who Starlight was. I imagine she has seen her share of demagogues, but it's a little too easy to dismiss Starlight as such; demagogues will say anything to remain in power, but Starlight's passion for her ideology was clear when, instead of attempting to spin the cutie mark controversy in her favor, she expressed genuine anger and shock as the whole thing fell apart before her eyes.

• Brohoof 6

Can't wait to see her in the season premiere! I think she'll be one of the best villains yet! (She looks so much like Aria Blaze).

LOL I thought she was a Ponified version of her but then i found out she was a villian.

Can't wait to see her in the season premiere! I think she'll be one of the best villains yet! (She looks so much like Aria Blaze).

LOL I thought she was a Ponified version of her but then i found out she was a villian.

It was on a divine visitation that Starlight told me that I was to go on to this board
I was laying on the bed and the bed began to go around
And I had this sensation like I was on a miracle round
And then the furniture joined in and then I was in the stars
There were stars everywhere
Above me, below me, to the left of me, to the right of me – millions and millions of stars
And Starlight said: The stars are the Ponies that you’ll win for me
Starlight actually talks to me, you know, I hear what’s beg she said
And she said to me: Give me 18 million bits by the weekend
And Double Diamond stands by my side and speaks into my ear
It’s a beautiful thing and I hear what’s being said
It’s a marvellous, marvellous experience, I never thought that such a thing could happen
In the name of Starlight!

full.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

I liked that for once, Celestia was not involved in the Mane 6 going to Ourtown and meeting Starlight. She didn't even appear in the episode. Twilight and her friends were very much on their own when dealing with SG, and that feeling of isolation and helplessness added a lot to the suspense factor and to her "cred" as a villain.

Starlight presents a different kind of threat to Equestria than anything Celestia has mentioned before. I wonder if she even knew who Starlight was. I imagine she has seen her share of demagogues, but it's a little too easy to dismiss Starlight as such; demagogues will say anything to remain in power, but Starlight's passion for her ideology was clear when, instead of attempting to spin the cutie mark controversy in her favor, she expressed genuine anger and shock as the whole thing fell apart before her eyes.

This

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have seen the light guys.

All hail our great Equalist pony.

post-31596-0-37853000-1431178240_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Couldn't stop thinking about 1984 when watching this. Starlight is my favorite villain yet! She's just a pony, far less powerful than the other villains have been, but she's charismatic and really believes in what she's fighting for, more like the villains of this world. She's a wonderful character in my opinion.

Remember: Starlight Glimmer is watching you...starlight_glimmer_is_watching_you_by_glo

• Brohoof 6

• 4 weeks later...

So much equality in this thread :)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...