Most cringe worthy moments in the show?

Ice Fox

As with most media, MLP has had some cringe-worthy moments sprinkled through out the show. These embarrassing, awkward moments can make us cringe on the characters' behalf, yet also make us laugh at the same time. What do you think are the most cringe inducing moments in the show?

Currently, most memorable to me is the scene from Season 4's 24th episode, Equestria Games:

When Spike thrust himself forward at the award's ceremony, planning to sing the Ponyville Anthem, only to learn he was due to sing the Cloudsdale Anthem, which he did not even know the words of. Instead of backing down, he simply sang a horrible song of lyrics he made up on the spot, most of them consisting of announcing how awkward the situation was, in a half-hearted singing voice.

I laughed and cringed at the same time.

• Brohoof 5

As with most media, MLP has had some cringe-worthy moments sprinkled through out the show. These embarrassing, awkward moments can make us cringe on the characters' behalf, yet also make us laugh at the same time. What do you think are the most cringe inducing moments in the show?

Currently, most memorable to me is the scene from Season 4's 24th episode, Equestria Games:

When Spike thrust himself forward at the award's ceremony, planning to sing the Ponyville Anthem, only to learn he was due to sing the Cloudsdale Anthem, which he did not even know the words of. Instead of backing down, he simply sang a horrible song of lyrics he made up on the spot, most of them consisting of announcing how awkward the situation was, in a half-hearted singing voice.

I laughed and cringed at the same time.

You already explained it with your Spoiler text.

I didn't think that they would go full length on this, but i actually think they wanted this to make as cringeworthy as possible. I needed to stop the vid 2 times when i watched it the first time, because it was so hard to watch.

• Brohoof 2

Every time they start singing... *runs away*

This. I have to look away every time that they sing.

With an exception to This Day Aria and Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

Why? Cause when the villains sing,they sing about being evil and their plans. But,when the mane 6 sing,it's usually about cringeworthy topics.

• Brohoof 2

Every time the intro plays. I can't stand the intro to the show.

The Japanese and Italian intros are much better.

Edited by Sir Godot
  • Brohoof 3

-When they sing songs, because pronto I can't stand they're singing voices and secundo they play genres that I don't really care for

-When Rainbow Dash started faking in Rainbow Falls, because it seemed really forced but cringy as a matter of fact

-Obviously spike singing the Cloudsdale's National anthem and failing at it (LIKE A BOSS!)

• Brohoof 2

The season 4 Nightmare Moon flashback

Fluttershy in Filli Vanilli

Rarity in Simple Ways

Pinkie in Pinkie Pride

Dash in Daring Don't

Applejack in Somepony to Watch Over Me

Twilight in Season 4

Flim and Flam in Leap of Faith

Discord in Twilight's Kingdom

Maud Pie in Maud Pie

And everything in Power Ponies, Bats!, Pinkie Apple Pie, and Breezies.

• Whenever someone says "everypony" or "somepony".
  • The "naysayers" line.
  • Pinkie's musical numbers in Season 1
  • "They're eating the words!"
  • The out-of-place educational moment in Winter Wrap-Up
  • Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon

south-park-s06e03c05-more-like-stan-dars

• "Rainbow Dash? Rainbow Crash is more like it!"
  • The "Who" joke with Owlicious.
  • "Stop it Discord! You aren't playing fair!" (To be fair, at least it was followed up by "Perhaps we haven't met.")
  • The Rainbow Dash fan club.
  • Baby Cakes
  • The part where they ran away from the dragons in Dragon Quest, proving them right.
  • "Sunshine! Sunshine!"
  • Chrysalis' defeat.
  • Spike's dragon code that he feels obligated to follow even though he made it up (unless I missed something).
  • "Where does it hurt?" *Rainbow dash points to her chest* "In here."
  • Pinkie's rap.

That's all I can remember. There may be more from the episodes I haven't seen in a while.

• Brohoof 1

As a Cranky Doodle fan and as a viewer in general in found this scene particularly cringe worthy, (though Pinkie's actions in whole for A Friend in Deed were themselves quite cringe worthy):

What the hell Pinkie? Even Cranky gets knows that there's something seriously off about a young mare hitting on someone his age.

For me it's anytime there is a scene where a character or group embarass themselves in front of a larger group. The episode "Twilight Time" was full of them, and remains my least favorite episode of the series because of it.

I can't stand awkward scenes like that. >_<

• Brohoof 1