gaming What is the OLDEST video game console you've played/owned?

Mrain901

(edited)

Well, I have an Odyssey. I lost most of the games I used to own. I still have Invasion though, which was a pretty good game...

Odyssey being the first game console to be released ever, you won't find any older than this.

EDIT:  The console no longer works, I don't even know why I still keep it...

Edited by boiteporte

I used to have an early black and white gameboy, but it went to heaven once it stopped working. I guess then the trophy holder is my SNES, followed by my PS2.

An Atari ST which belonged to my older brother and a Master System which was shared between me and my two little brothers. Not counting the prehistoric computers that my old primary school had, where the only game was "Granny's Garden". :P

Played: Atari 2600 ^_^

Owned: NES - My brother and I used to play Ninja Turtles on that thing all the time :D

• 1 year later...

I've played an original, and surprisingly still functioning, Pacman table.

As far as ones I've owned I had an NES when it was still a thing and over the years I've had Atari "gameboxes" that have a collection of Atari games on them. Volleyball and Adventure? Hell yes.

I haven't really played with old consoles, so I feel like the PS1 would be it. I can also remember my brother having some Atari thing too though, but I can't be any sure if it was the original thing.

I grew up with an atari 2600 and later an atari 5200 -- but I did have a non-cart based sears basketball/breakout/pinball dedicated unit earlier.

I have an Odyssey 1 which was the earliest cart based system (5 years earlier than the atari), and probably have an original pong somewhere.

(Yes I buy and sell video games so that is inventory)

I used to have a 2600 that was picked up at a garage sale a few years (decades) back, even came with E.T. amongst others.  After reading what happened with the 'great landfill', I'm kicking myself for having lost/sold/etc. it :(

Then that has to be the original Nintendo console. Aka the one from the 80s. I never actually grew up with this console, i grew up with the Super Nintendo plus PS1 and PS2. But when Nintendo 64 still existed a friend of mine borrowed a Nintendo, and i also knew some people before that that had Nintendo, i can atleast remember two games i played. It was Batman and Duck Tales.

Atari 2600?

Oh you mean the rebadged Atari VCS :grin:

I knew someone with a VCS.

I remember the fuss over the "new" 2600.

I know we had some "plug into the TV pong type game" early 80's

And I joined in in 1982 with my ZX Spectrum

1920px-ZXSpectrum48k.jpg

Greeeat days

Manic_Miner_Screenshot.png

R Tape Loading Error

Nuuuuuuu

I guess technically it would be NES, but the console is actually the "Retron 1", made to play NES games. From what I've heard/expierienced though, it's pretty much the exact same as the original NES besides the fact it's a top-down loader, and pretty small (which can actually help when bringing it other places).

The oldest handheld I have is a Game Boy Advance, and the oldest home console I have is the Xbox 360.

So, If we're talking about handhelds and home consoles, I'll say the oldest console I've played is the GBA.

Atari 2600?

Oh you mean the rebadged Atari VCS :grin:

I knew someone with a VCS.

I remember the fuss over the "new" 2600.

I know we had some "plug into the TV pong type game" early 80's

And I joined in in 1982 with my ZX Spectrum

sig-4564837.1920px-ZXSpectrum48k.jpg

Greeeat days

sig-4564837.Manic_Miner_Screenshot.png

R Tape Loading Error

Nuuuuuuu

My dad had a Timex/Sinclair! He used to set it up when I was little and let me play Frogger on it! That is until it died one day. Oops!

Timex_1000_System_1.jpg