gaming What is the OLDEST video game console you've played/owned?

Mrain901

(edited)

Well, I have an Odyssey. I lost most of the games I used to own. I still have Invasion though, which was a pretty good game...

Odyssey being the first game console to be released ever, you won't find any older than this.

EDIT:  The console no longer works, I don't even know why I still keep it...

Edited by boiteporte

I used to have an early black and white gameboy, but it went to heaven once it stopped working. I guess then the trophy holder is my SNES, followed by my PS2.

An Atari ST which belonged to my older brother and a Master System which was shared between me and my two little brothers. Not counting the prehistoric computers that my old primary school had, where the only game was "Granny's Garden". :P

NightmareRaritySig_zpsap0jexfw.png

Signature and avatar by Pucksterv.

Want an Equestria Girls version, a pixel pony, or an Equalised version of your OC? Go here for links to shops here: https://mlpforums.com/blog/2506/entry-16610-details-of-my-shops/

I have played pong before, then we got an atari and then we moved up to the NES , SNES, SEGA Genesis, ect. I played a lot of video games growing up

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!

Played: Atari 2600 ^_^

Owned: NES - My brother and I used to play Ninja Turtles on that thing all the time :D

I refuse to let go until you're impressed.
I refuse to let go until I'm depressed.

Back in middle school the science lab had a Super Nintendo with Super Mario World, Mario Paint ans TMNT IV. Freakin' loved Turtles IV, that's one the beat beat 'em ups I've ever played.

fs-mlpforums-sig_zps1e60f7f9.png

Vector Production ~ Friends: YES | Public Requests: TBD | Commissions: NO

BronyCAN 2016 Head of Publications - Email of PM for questions

• 1 year later...

I've played an original, and surprisingly still functioning, Pacman table.

As far as ones I've owned I had an NES when it was still a thing and over the years I've had Atari "gameboxes" that have a collection of Atari games on them. Volleyball and Adventure? Hell yes.

I haven't really played with old consoles, so I feel like the PS1 would be it. I can also remember my brother having some Atari thing too though, but I can't be any sure if it was the original thing.

I grew up with an atari 2600 and later an atari 5200 -- but I did have a non-cart based sears basketball/breakout/pinball dedicated unit earlier.

I have an Odyssey 1 which was the earliest cart based system (5 years earlier than the atari), and probably have an original pong somewhere.

(Yes I buy and sell video games so that is inventory)

Silvadel, the Pegasus of Insight.

I used to have a 2600 that was picked up at a garage sale a few years (decades) back, even came with E.T. amongst others.  After reading what happened with the 'great landfill', I'm kicking myself for having lost/sold/etc. it :(

Then that has to be the original Nintendo console. Aka the one from the 80s. I never actually grew up with this console, i grew up with the Super Nintendo plus PS1 and PS2. But when Nintendo 64 still existed a friend of mine borrowed a Nintendo, and i also knew some people before that that had Nintendo, i can atleast remember two games i played. It was Batman and Duck Tales.

Atari 2600?

Oh you mean the rebadged Atari VCS :grin:

I knew someone with a VCS.

I remember the fuss over the "new" 2600.

I know we had some "plug into the TV pong type game" early 80's

And I joined in in 1982 with my ZX Spectrum

1920px-ZXSpectrum48k.jpg

Greeeat days

Manic_Miner_Screenshot.png

R Tape Loading Error

Nuuuuuuu

My awesomeness is only second to my modesty B)

I guess technically it would be NES, but the console is actually the "Retron 1", made to play NES games. From what I've heard/expierienced though, it's pretty much the exact same as the original NES besides the fact it's a top-down loader, and pretty small (which can actually help when bringing it other places).

The oldest handheld I have is a Game Boy Advance, and the oldest home console I have is the Xbox 360.

So, If we're talking about handhelds and home consoles, I'll say the oldest console I've played is the GBA.

img-30029-1-img-30029-1-sig-4657732.sig-

Character in profile picture is Pearl from Steven Universe.

Atari 2600?

Oh you mean the rebadged Atari VCS :grin:

I knew someone with a VCS.

I remember the fuss over the "new" 2600.

I know we had some "plug into the TV pong type game" early 80's

And I joined in in 1982 with my ZX Spectrum

sig-4564837.1920px-ZXSpectrum48k.jpg

Greeeat days

sig-4564837.Manic_Miner_Screenshot.png

R Tape Loading Error

Nuuuuuuu

My dad had a Timex/Sinclair! He used to set it up when I was little and let me play Frogger on it! That is until it died one day. Oops!

Timex_1000_System_1.jpg

imageproxy_php.gif.79d30fb629f5f637d2be13581d906b35.gif

Thank you Sparklefan1234!!!