Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you scared of tornadoes?

Sugar Pea

55 users have voted

1. 1. Are you afraid of them?

• Yes!
    • Heck no!

I'll be honest: living in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains, I have never experienced, nor will I probably ever experience one. If I was to ever experience one, I would probably be scared to death.

• Brohoof 2

It'd be cool to see one myself as well. :) And actually matter of fact, I am crazy still. Not enough to go near it, but close enough to get a good look for a second. As of being scared of the tornado itself? Not at all. It's a force of nature, and is quite beautiful. If I was in it? Still no. If I was flung out of it and free falling? Then yep. Because I'm afraid of falling.

• Brohoof 2

I've never had the privilege to see one. I've seen tons of videos of them and would love to see one at some point. So I can't claim that i'm scared of tornadoes yet.

• Brohoof 3

God yes. I live in Ohio which is apparently a bad place for tornadoes, in the city I live however I have yet to experience one, and I'd like to keep it that way. They're absolutely horrifying, they just come in uninvited and wreck all the shit and possibly kills some people you have known for years or even your whole life. The only tornado I even know about around here was a day before my baby shower before I was born (it was a sign lmao)

• Brohoof 3

Most tornadoes that come around here usually go OVER my town. They still call for warnings, but when one is on the radar, it never really had the chance to do anything. Though, I kind of cower at the thought of one actually hitting. Not just for my own safety, but the safety of others. Will my family make it? Will my friends make it? Will I make it? It's really scary to think about.

• Brohoof 2

Living in the heart of Tornado Valley, Oklahoma, I can say I'm not really afraid of them. There are warnings pretty often, and that's usually all they are. Warnings. Every once-in-a-while there will be an actual tornado, but usually they aren't that big of a deal. Minor property damage, maybe 1 to 20 people injured. They aren't really a problem. Down here, you know what to do to be safe. We have a joke, "If the news issues a tornado warning, everyone runs outside to watch."

• Brohoof 1

So, i read are you scared of tomatoes instead of tornadoes lmao

I have never seen a tornadoe, if one happened near me, i would be terrified but excited and curious at the same time :3

• Brohoof 2

I am indeed afflicted with lilapsophobia. I have fortunately never experienced one myself, but I've had several close calls in the past few years. These close calls have been slowly de-sensitizing me to it, though, so I'm getting better about it. But I still flip out whenever I hear a siren.  :blush:

I'll put this in perspective: I live in central Iowa. If there's a strong enough storm around Omaha/ Kansas City which is moving this way, chances are me and everything I own are already in the basement.  :P

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I am a little scared of a sudden tornado. But if I saw a tornado from a distance, I'd probably be looking at it in awe. I've been interested in tornadoes for a very long time. One of the most movies I most watched as a kid was about tornadoes.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I like a good storm, which we have yet to get here in a month >_>. I fkng hate the weather here, ... Well not entirely. I'm not afraid of tornadoes, but I am afraid if I saw one coming this way :o!!

Edited by Swirly's Beau
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

People can deny their fear, but in reality we all are. Exciting as one might be to witness, the instinct we have to any danger will show itself.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

I'm scared of them in the same sense that I'm scared of alligators. I acknowledge that they're dangerous, but given that I don't inhabit a place where they're usually encountered, tend not to worry much about them.

(edited)

Living in the heart of Tornado Valley, Oklahoma, I can say I'm not really afraid of them. There are warnings pretty often, and that's usually all they are. Warnings. Every once-in-a-while there will be an actual tornado, but usually they aren't that big of a deal. Minor property damage, maybe 1 to 20 people injured. They aren't really a problem. Down here, you know what to do to be safe. We have a joke, "If the news issues a tornado warning, everyone runs outside to watch."

You're just crazy.

I live in the same state. Tornadoes are nothing to be taken lightly. We've always been 'lucky' where I live, where tornado warnings have always been insubstantial, but all it takes is one becoming something to destroy your life, belongings, shelter, family, etc., etc.

I'll never understand the logic of a state that freaks out like the whole world is ending when it starts flurrying, but isn't scared of a tornado.That's just...stupid. No other word for it. lol

I'm telling you, beware... The weather patterns, they are changing. I've already witnessed it in the winter. Whereas where I live used to be the target of the 'worst' of most of the winter storms (note, not too bad, but still...) now we're on the fringe of it. And we've hardly been getting anything in the last few years.

Don't trust that just because it's never been substantial it won't be now.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

Tornadoes aren't as common where I live as in America so I'm not scared, but I'd love to see one from my own eyes one day as I find this phenomenon quite fascinating. :P Not too close though, cause I guess I'd be scared to death as well then. ^^'

• Brohoof 1