Did you like it?  

278 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

So, Twilight doesn't dig her new digs. After the camera jumps showing a bit of the interior I had to agree.

I didn't expect them to re-use whats left of the Library the way they did and hearing the Spa ponies speak again.

This episode had some great gags in it, and a ton of surprises.

Almost as if Pinkie had written the episode...

My take on this episode: too many songs (seriously? 2 in 1 episode?) I hated the part where Pinkie was a jerk again (way out of character, I hope they don't keep up with that as a theme) and finally SPIKE HAS A RARITY PLUSHIE HAHAHAHAHA I can see they're still putting in easter eggs for the bronies hahahahaha.  

My take on this episode: too many songs (seriously? 2 in 1 episode?) I hated the part where Pinkie was a jerk again (way out of character, I hope they don't keep up with that as a theme) and finally SPIKE HAS A RARITY PLUSHIE HAHAHAHAHA I can see they're still putting in easter eggs for the bronies hahahahaha.  

I don't remember pinkie being a jerk...

Loved the way spike just got picked up by Bulk Biceps and smashed through a wall  :yay: . Have to admit, one of the funniest moments in my book. couldn't stop laughing!!!

"I hate it when he does that"

• Brohoof 1

I watched this the other day, i liked Twilight's new hairstyle or mane. It was sad seeing the old library destroyed and i can see how the castle didn't feel like home for her. Pinkie Pie was also funny and it was a great episode.

Love how they used the roots of the Golden Oak Library, but how would they get those gems to reflect the past moments in their life. I mean was magic used, was it just them saying a moment and then we just saw it through the gem?

Another thing, how was Pinkie Pie able to get her hoof up to the gem when it shows them all up in the air??? (Maybe I'm just overthinking things)

Pinkie Pie is Pinkie Pie after all :lol:

But seriously I found this episode to be quite tasteful. It was very sentimental about how they brought back the Golden Oaks Library and didn't just make it fade into the distance.

I have never been a fan of this sort of plot, but I did enjoy watching Spike's efforts to distract Twilight.  Her temporary mane style was pretty awesome, too.^^  I loved Bulk Biceps' moment in this episode.  I like the thought of him working as a massage therapist when not offering personal training to ponies, and that the spa ponies just accept his actions by now.  It was hard seeing the remains of the Golden Oak Library, but from the ashes rose a shiny, sentimental phoenix.  :3  Wish they had gone into detail about how they put the memories into each crystal, though.  Was it just a pretty effect for the audience?

Just watched the episode today. Laughed through the entire thing. Especially the part with bulk biceps.

And then there is this.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-04-13 at 2.48.57 PM.png

I don't know why, but Pinkie during that scene reminds me of the scene in Courage The Cowardly Dog when Courage has food on his face and laughs, also love this someone did of Bulk Biceps bashing through the wall.

post-5578-0-66933600-1429061765_thumb.png

post-5578-0-91751700-1429061772_thumb.png

post-5578-0-16795300-1429062243_thumb.jpg

Edited by MLPFanatic34
  • Brohoof 2

Did anyone else notice that it was strikingly similar to the plot of 'Testing, Testing, 123'?

Testing, Testing, 123:

- Rainbow has a personal problem (she could fail a test)

- The other five try to help with things that would help them (study methods)

- None of them work

- The problem is solved when Rainbow does it her way

Castle, Sweet Castle:

- Twilight has a personal problem (she is feeling depressed by the impersonality of the castle)

- The other five try to help with things that would help them (decorations)

- None of them work (especially not together)

- The problem is solved (sort of) when they use Twilight's way

I say the problem is 'sort of' fixed because I don't think that one chandelier (made from the carcass of her old home) in a room that she'll probably only use once a week will keep her from getting depressed.

A few plot points that bothered me, but other than that, an over-all decent episode.

but it was out of character, like during the ponytones episode when she insulted fluttershy, I hope they don't keep up witht hat because to me it's super weird.

Personally, I wouldn't even put those two things in the same ballpark.

It wasn't out of character at all, Pinkie sometimes gets ahead of herself and says things without thinking.

That's perfectly within her hyper character limits. Just like when she accidentally let slip some information in the premiere. 

So, by logic of comparison:

Letting slip some information doesn't mean she wants to aid the villain.

Therefore, making a faux pas about the library doesn't mean she was being a jerk.

Edited by Luffyiscool
  • Brohoof 1

"Remember when the library got smashed to smitherenes?!" that's not being a jerk? Lol

but it was out of character, like during the ponytones episode when she insulted fluttershy, I hope they don't keep up witht hat because to me it's super weird.

It wasn't out of character at all, Pinkie sometimes gets ahead of herself and says things without thinking.

Like Luffy;

I think it's more along the lines of Pinkie is the least socially observant of the ponies. 

Pinkie thought process:

Everypony was talking

about memorable things.  What can I think of that was memorable Golden Oak [blanking blanking what did I last do with the Library, oh yeah right, watch it be blown up!] 

"BLURT FIRST thing that comes to mind"

• Brohoof 2

I am keeping up with the season too.  :)

Honestly, I thought this episode was... okay. To me, so far, it was the slowest of the season. It really dragged along with only a few gags to hold us over and a less-than-amazing as well. But the ending was really sweet. Probably the sweetest gift any friend (or in this case, a group of friends) could give another friend. The memories we make with the people we care about are truly the most precious memories of them all. Our belongings can be lost or destroyed, and we may become different along the way, but we'll carry our precious memories with us always.

Edited by Samurai Equine

Finally got around to commenting on this thread. This one was alright. Songs were kinda flat, but there was a decent amount of nostalgic stuff going on, and I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. Also,"I'm Pancake! I mean awake!" A tiny part of me is leaning toward buying a pony shirt, and if someone made that quote into a shirt, I'd be far more tempted than I should be to pick one up

• Brohoof 1

It feels like MLP songs have been gradually becoming more lack-luster over the seasons. That may just be my take on it, but the song in this episode felt very forced / rushed.

I do like that they paid homage to the library. That was a very cool touch they installed at the end in the castle. But otherwise, the episode felt a little dull around the edges. It just seems like a bit more could have been done with the time allotted...

Although we all now have a new mane style to play around with Twilight.  :yay:

On one hand, it was sweet and funny enough. On the other hand, as "transitional" third episodes go, I thought it was the most gimmicky and formulaic one so far with the whole redecorating "too much/too little" thing. (At least Ticket Master managed not to be too wooden when reusing the old "one extra ticket, lots of friends who want it" plot).

I watched this the other day, i liked Twilight's new hairstyle or mane. It was sad seeing the old library destroyed and i can see how the castle didn't feel like home for her. Pinkie Pie was also funny and it was a great episode.

Pinkie pie is weird, in that she shows both why she can be a good character and why she can be a BAD character IMO. At the start she was pretty good. her starting jokes were nice, and her diving for the pancake were funny. Unfortunately, the writers have a tendency to devolve pinkie's modus operi into "Pinkie screams, and that's the joke" more or less.

After about the first 5 or 10 minutes, she began to devolve more and more into just screaming things really loud, and she stopped being funny at that point; which I found really disheartening, because she had been a real asset to the episode at the start. (By comparison as well, I feel she was really good in the premier too since her jokes were her just talking rather than screaming-- there was Logic to her comedy, if that makes sense).

Her temporary mane style was pretty awesome, too.^^

Eh, I just didn't think it looked good on Twilight. Maybe for dash, but it was too spikey IMO to fit twilgiht (or any of the other 5 for that matter) well.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't like how Rarity purposefully used spikes affections for her to her advantage. Its messed up man. The song was a bit meh in my opinion, but there were funny jokes throughout, so overall it was ok, but I really want sparity to end. Either make them a couple, which will never happen, or stop messing with Spikes emotions. 

I didn't like how Rarity purposefully used spikes affections for her to her advantage. Its messed up man. Either make them a couple, which will never happen, or stop messing with Spikes emotions. 

I honestly think the writers keep allowing it to happen because SPIKE is allowing it to happen.

We've seen in Inspiration Manifestation that Spike has it within himself to say no to Rarity. 

If he truly had a good personal reason to object, then he would.

But in an every day situation where his crush asks him to do something, I imagine it would be very hard to simply refuse.

After all, he's assisting the one he feels affection for. And that makes him happy.

Of course his affections are being used to Rarity's advantage, that actually gives him more of an incentive. 

Rarity getting an advantage = Rarity being very happy.

Rarity being very happy = Spike being very happy.

You see where I'm going with this?

Spike is 100% aware of what's going on, but he's more than happy to oblige because that's what a crush does to someone. 

Yes, it's Spike's own fault that he's getting taken advantage of. He knows this, and he accepts it.

He doesn't expect anything in return, he just wants to please his crush. This is entirely his choice.

I honestly can't blame Rarity for counting on a reliable friend who will help her out through thick and thin.

She merely asks for the help, but Spike is the one with the power to say yes or no. 

So to me, nothing is wrong with the way the two interact.

Spike gives his consent every time. He makes his bed and then lies in it.

• Brohoof 1