Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Aren't You an Athiest?

Midnight Gaze

(edited)

If you can't make something from nothing, how did the creator do it?

That's the secondary question. First question is... Where did he come from?

Oh, sorry. I'm an idiot.

Edited by ShadeRover

(edited)

Just because you are an atheist doesn't mean it limits imagination, although i liked it better when i didn't know about atheism. I knew people who didn't believe in god, but i just said "They don't believe in god", and that was it, pure and simple. But although i dont like Science fiction to be honest.

Edited by Trine
  • Brohoof 2

• 7 years later...

Really want to make a giant profound statement that would be split up into four or five paragraphs, but it's simple, it's about faith, having faith can make you do amazing things, and it even ties in with messages in episodes of MLP, think "Feeling Pinkie Keen", Pinkie: "You just have to take a leap of faith", and this is true in our every day lives to various matters and extents, an atheist will defeat themselves with nihilistic pessimism and require that others do the same when regarding such topics, they want to limit everyone else bc they themselves feel limited, nah bro that's your inevitable LIE, I'll keep living for the truth...

A blind denial of god is just absurd as blind faith in one. Whether in favor of or against the existence of the supernatural, you need concrete facts. And at this moment in time, there aren't enough to prove either side. Besides, I have better things for my thoughts to dwell. on. Life's too short to ponder on this for very long. 

That's why I am Agnostic.  

I support empiricism and the need to ground our beliefs in facts fully. However, I have seen nothing concrete for why a god can not exist in this massive universe and every belief takes some level of faith, including the belief that everything is just the product of some freak accident in one world out of trillions in a multiverse. 

Athiesm has no moral code. While I do not like organized religion in the least - while we must be steadfast in grounding our beliefs in facts, we must also have a moral guideline in which to follow throughout our lives. Without a moral code - we are nothing. I am not a Christian, but I believe there probably is some higher power. But that higher power isn't one that enforces it's will. It's will is within us - to act justly, and with good conscience. We will be judged accordingly, for we have free will to make own decisions. 

People are free to believe whatever they want as long as they don't push it on me and/or on others. I don't believe in any god, gods, deity or deities and never will.

Being an Atheist is merely the lack of faith.

So I don’t believe. I still have friends and family who believe. And they have valid reasons to do so.
But if I started to call myself an Atheist, then I would state that I find it important to categorise myself, which is incorrect. One day I might believe in god, and the next, I don’t. I simply see no reason to fight about it.

I am neither atheist nor religious. I am with YHWH. I've always been. Because YHWH has been proven to be right... again. By the creation itself. You cannot have a "loving" god, because this is what happens. Corruption runs rampant in the creation... again. Meaning, that humankind needs a GOD they can fear. Do you remember the flood? Creation has failed the ten commandments, again.

I miss Israel. I miss myself. Before I was corrupted by the sh*t of this God-less world, and by the deviation of my family from the law of God. I miss YHWH. I miss my true self.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm non-religious because I despise organized religion. I am atheist (agnostic) because I don't believe in any higher being and that's all there is too it.

On 2022-10-13 at 10:07 PM, Spook Conundrum said:

an atheist will defeat themselves with nihilistic pessimism

Ah yes, being atheist means you're required to be pessimistic and think that there's no meaning to life. It's my opinion that atheists are more likely to find the good in life and make the most of it.

This is my issue with religion and people of faith, they assume that Atheists have nothing to live for.

• Brohoof 2

@Celli

I agree with you on that point. I don't want or need anyone's "help". I'd much rather be an Athiest than a Christian. I'd much rather make my own rules for my own life, without anyone interfering with it - and certainly not those who claim to be of "Faith". 

I despise organized religion as well.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Celli said:

I'm non-religious because I despise organized religion. I am atheist (agnostic) because I don't believe in any higher being and that's all there is too it.

Ah yes, being atheist means you're required to be pessimistic and think that there's no meaning to life. It's my opinion that atheists are more likely to find the good in life and make the most of it.

This is my issue with religion and people of faith, they assume that Atheists have nothing to live for.

I'm not saying you have nothing to live for, but often times it is the prerogative of atheists to try to belittle other individuals purposes to live because they don't have any faith themselves... They have no factual proof that God does not exist, but they want to use their doubt to often times rob others of their hope...

I disagree, every atheist I've met has had to try to belittle the perspective of others with faith, and you can find solace in nothing if it is your prerogative, just know that many Christians aren't living for God alone, they are just given a moral guideline by the idea of him/her and it makes them a better person, and to some it inspires positive moral purpose, rather than cold pragmatism that revolves around making oneself the most happy, a lot of Satanists are atheists it ties into a narcissistic belief at times that there is no greater priority than the self, yeah you can be a prideful narcissistic Christian, but your views aren't for self empowerment, nor the demeaning of another's religious beliefs, it's just a common misconception that our most common atheist means factual Intellectual, and not uncertain cynical virgin lol, there is nothing to disprove god, feel free to try to tell me that I don't want the best out of my life because I DO believe in God, that should be interesting, but nah you do you and I'll do me, I won't try to manipulate you with my background or personal experiences... 

1 minute ago, Spook Conundrum said:

I'm not saying you have nothing to live for, but often times it is the prerogative of atheists to try to belittle other individuals purposes to live because they don't have any faith themselves... They have no factual proof that God does not exist, but they want to use their doubt to often times rob others of their hope...

I disagree, every atheist I've met has had to try to belittle the perspective of others with faith, and you can find solace in nothing if it is your prerogative, just know that many Christians aren't living for God alone, they are just given a moral guideline by the idea of him/her and it makes them a better person, and to some it inspires positive moral purpose, rather than cold pragmatism that revolves around making oneself the most happy, a lot of Satanists are atheists it ties into a narcissistic belief at times that there is no greater priority than the self, yeah you can be a prideful narcissistic Christian, but your views aren't for self empowerment, nor the demeaning of another's religious beliefs, it's just a common misconception that our most common atheist means factual Intellectual, and not uncertain cynical virgin lol, there is nothing to disprove god, feel free to try to tell me that I don't want the best out of my life because I DO believe in God, that should be interesting, but nah you do you and I'll do me, I won't try to manipulate you with my background or personal experiences... 

You can believe what you want, my only issue is when people claim that their belief is the only true one,

On 2022-10-13 at 10:07 PM, Spook Conundrum said:

nah bro that's your inevitable LIE, I'll keep living for the truth

Like here, how do you know for a fact that yours is the truth? Why out of thousands of religions is yours the true one? What's wrong with just having your faith and believing it to be the indisputable truth without pretending that anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong? Just say you believe but you can't prove god exists, just like I can't prove he doesn't. Neither of us know but there's nothing wrong with having faith, or lackthereof.

6 minutes ago, Spook Conundrum said:

a lot of Satanists are atheists

That's not even possible, you can't believe in Satan and be atheist at the same time, unless you mean the group that doesn't actually believe in Satan and just uses his image and stuff for their group.

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Celli said:

You can believe what you want, my only issue is when people claim that their belief is the only true one,

Like here, how do you know for a fact that yours is the truth? Why out of thousands of religions is yours the true one? What's wrong with just having your faith and believing it to be the indisputable truth without pretending that anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong? Just say you believe but you can't prove god exists, just like I can't prove he doesn't. Neither of us know but there's nothing wrong with having faith, or lackthereof.

That's not even possible, you can't believe in Satan and be atheist at the same time, unless you mean the group that doesn't actually believe in Satan and just uses his image and stuff for their group.

You ever hear of Zorilla Diabolus? There are all kinds of satanist atheists, Satan is a symbol of self empowerment to them... A lot of Jews are actually atheist to, and I'm not just saying this because these people don't believe Christ is the son of god, I'm saying this bc religion is merely ritual to them, and they use their faith associations for literal power, a lot of Jews believe in science over faith it's just not publicly discussed... 

I don't know what God looks like in himself, but the Hebrew God Yahweh is technically based off of a pagan god within himself, these aren't plagiarized stories that keep happening a lot of these people's traditions began in different corners of the world, it's not a plagiarized story it is a continuous prophecy... I can only hope God in whatever form he may come to you in gives you a revelation of greater purpose, but I don't think you are incapable of having one yourself... Just like I'm not for having my beliefs, if you knew ALL of my beliefs you would think I'm the weirdest Christian you've ever met, I'm very alternative in my religious beliefs but I'm not going to pretend to be a prophet because of them, all I know is the lack of God is a lie from my own blessings and second chances, I don't attribute man for the circumstantial mercy I've received, the literal miracles that have let me retain my unfinished purpose in this physical existence .. I can't tell you gods name for sure, or when the world was made, but I know he's real because certainty is a huge part of having faith...

11 minutes ago, Props ValRoa said:

@Celli @Spook Conundrum

I find science and empirical analysis is the best way to explain the world. There are many unknowns, but we can't fill them in with our own predictions. Those predictions must be tested through the scientific method. 

God is the grand architect and proven likely to be an alchemist himself, it's only natural his children would indulge chemistry just as he did in the creation of the universe and mankind itself ..

1 minute ago, Spook Conundrum said:

God is the grand architect and proven likely to be an alchemist himself, it's only natural his children would indulge chemistry just as he did in the creation of the universe and mankind itself ..

If there is a "God", then I am inclined to believe it is existence itself. I don't believe that "God" is a religious concept. I don't believe worship of any kind is needed in society...just seems to be another method for elites to get people to bow down to them. I say no to that. I say were are all independent and the only fate we have is what we make with it. I don't believe in a "Greater purpose", other than what one does themselves, because a higher "purpose" to me, violates the idea of free will, as enticing as it is.

Human ego is at it's worst when it claims to represent the divine.

• Brohoof 2

@Spook Conundrum 

Science and faith can co-exist. Science is the study of the natural world. No more. 

You're speaking as if what you say it absolute truth. And that's where you lost me. You don't know for sure if there is a divine being, just like I don't know if there isn't. We're humans. You just have faith and that's fine. I don't have a problem with faith, only religion. 

That's all I have to say. 

• Brohoof 3