Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow rocks Is Sonata really that evil?

Chara

Yes, people can be evil as well as stupid-with that said, she could just be obfuscating stupidity to get others to lower their guard around her. 

Plus, she seemed to know exactly what she was doing in the film and quite clearly enjoyed taunting Sunset with her "Too bad, so sad" line as well as playing off Trixie's ego to get her to keep the Rainbooms out of the competition for them. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion I think Sonata is innocent at heart. She simply is rather narrow minded and easily controlable. I mean how can she go from talking evil with Adagio to talking about Tacos.

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion I think Sonata is innocent at heart. She simply is rather narrow minded and easily controlable. I mean how can she go from talking evil with Adagio to talking about Tacos.

That's interesting, I didn't know that liking tacos makes you unable to be evil.

I think she's evil, but not like Aria and Adagio. She's not too extreme when it comes to evil. She's like evil Pinkie Pie.

post-17217-0-14278400-1430937355_thumb.jpg

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THE FACE OF MERCY?

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, Sonata does these horrible things not because she enjoys them (though they dont bother her either), but because she honestly enjoys being in the company of her two, i assume, sisters. She isnt doing them out of malice but because she enjoys spending time with her sisters. She loves them. To her, everyone else is just ants, but her two sisters are her world.

• Brohoof 1

Sonata Dusk, she's part of the Dazzlings are sirens, a pretty good one in the film I see. I assume she's evil and antagonistic may agree with the subject.

She seems like the type that just does evil things because that's what her friends do, but she also feeds on anger and uses her powers to control people, and was pretty proud of it. That's pretty evil to me.

This is how well loved Sonata is (and to a lesser extent, the other Sirens too), she can bully Sunset Shimmer and we all still love her.

Mind you, Sunset Shimmer is the pony/human that climbed to the top of the waifu charts faster than Coco Pommel did.

(edited)

Since it's imperative that you have a good singing voice to be in this show I do think for Sonata's sake she has to absorb magic from others so she can sing with the rest... you know any time the characters break out in song lol

Also you can't get your point across in Equestria or Equestria High without a winning singing voice.

Edited by cidershield
  • Brohoof 1

I don't find her to be that evil. She seems rather harmless (even though she can be harmful) :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
In my opinion, Sonata does these horrible things not because she enjoys them (though they dont bother her either), but because she honestly enjoys being in the company of her two, i assume, sisters. She isnt doing them out of malice but because she enjoys spending time with her sisters. She loves them. To her, everyone else is just ants, but her two sisters are her world.

I see Sonata as representing as a sort of 'banality of evil' in her actions. She's clearly the least inclined to leadership or independence of the group and is comfortable in following along, even when she doesn't entirely understand the plan. I believe this may evince an element of trust she has in the others, particularly Adagio, which may be a partial cause for the tension between her and Aria since Aria has shown that she believes herself to be qualified to lead and may view Sonata's general complicity as undermining. 

I don't know how much I can say about her loving her accomplices since they literally feed on enmity and conflict and obviously desire to increase this for their own gain. It may be that everyone else are ants and her 'sisters' are her world simply because she's alienated from others due to using them as an energy resource and quite possibly needs the other two to efficiently absorb magic. Or it may be that she's so dense that she can't empathize with other beings outside her species simply follows the others out of habit or convenience.

She cares more about eating tacos for lunch then she does about causing innocent people distress and suffering. I would say this was approaching the level of a sociopath if I didn't already know it was due to her stupidity.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 2

She is evil. She went along with the siren's plan after all.

Just because she is ditzy doesn't mean she was having 2nd thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sonata doesn't seem evil, only the other two does. Sonata seems sorta like PinkiePie, a girl with a smile, but, she's hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Maybe she was evil a long time ago, but unlike the other dazzlingly's she's changed.

I think this is one good example, of sometimes, there are friends, even among enemies.

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

I think Sonta is evil because she is still one of the sirens, I think the creator just want to make people laugh so the creator decided to make one of the evil character no so evil so everyone is entertained.

• Brohoof 3

She may have been born evil. But then ponies can change.
look at *Cough* Discord *Cough* (Man that's some cold; hope noponyelse gets it)
Oh and look at our most recent turn around *cough* Sunset Shimmer *cough*
Oh bibibi boy!

Sonata dosen't really feel all too evil

She feels like she's going along with the flow.
Rollin' wit it. 
The Yeah Whatever man Vibe.

• Brohoof 1

Sonata is the most evil Siren of them all. Aria and Adagio fear and worship her. Her name is the only one to start with an s because s stands for supreme. Don't let her appearance fool you. 

I would say yes, just because one is ditzy and fairly innocuous doesn't mean they don't have malevolent intent. She never expresses disproval at their actions, she wants to take over the world just like Sonata and Adagio do.

• Brohoof 1

Sonata is the most evil Siren of them all. Aria and Adagio fear and worship her. Her name is the only one to start with an s because s stands for supreme. Don't let her appearance fool you. 

What kind of worship we talkin here, foot worship or panty worship?

Honestly, now she has no magic, I guess the Not-So-Dazzlings-Anymore just hang out (and Adagio will stop being 2nd best villain...) and I think they may convert to the love of Humanquestria.

Seriously, I think Sonata was doing what she did to make her friends happy. And if getting power and adoration was what made them happy, then she'd roll with it. Like a true friend.

#SonataToReplaceAJAsElementOfHonesty

Honestly, now she has no magic, I guess the Not-So-Dazzlings-Anymore just hang out (and Adagio will stop being 2nd best villain...) and I think they may convert to the love of Humanquestria.

Seriously, I think Sonata was doing what she did to make her friends happy. And if getting power and adoration was what made them happy, then she'd roll with it. Like a true friend.

#SonataToReplaceAJAsElementOfHonesty

Yes, what kind of friend doesn't help their friends take over the world and mind controll everyone once in a while? 

(edited)

~Que the friend in need song*

Yes, what kind of friend doesn't help their friends take over the world and mind controll everypony once in a while? 

An evil friend wouldn't do that. :( Source: I am that evil friend.

Edited by SpeedIsMagic