Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are there ponies you like in MLP that is not popular among the bronies?

cider float

Upper Crust, Diamond Tiara and Prince Blueblood. All three are shown to be self entitled jerks, but I still kinda have a soft spot for all three. Also Princess Cadence and Shining Armor and, yes, even Flash Sentry. 

A lot of the pegasi that have even had recurring speaking parts, like Thunder Lane, Cloudchaser, and Flitter, don't get the love I think they should. Also, Mjölna is the most underrated fandom reference in the show!

mjolna_vector_by_the_bitterman_by_the_bi

• Brohoof 1

I like Trixie. I see her get a lot of hate, but I think she's just rather misguided, as if she's a far-exaggerated version of Rainbow Dash.

I have this adore/despise thing about her voice too, and I think her design is just awesome. I can't say I'd like to see more of her particularly (because her feature episodes are boring), but I definitely rather appreciate her character.

Maud Pie and Coco Pommel don't seem to be popular even though bronies praise them. My statement that Maud Pie and Coco Pommel aren't popular is up for debate since I see bronies disagreeing with me.

(edited)

Just Screwball. No one else (Who is a BG Pony and barely appeared) interests me...XD

There might be Screwloose, but just not as much..

Edited by baltosaa

Apple Cider, one of AJ's relatives. I think she only appeared, like, once or twice, but I really like her design. And she seems like she'd be, like, really kind and sweet.

Apple_Cider_ID_S1E01.png

I also like Lemon Hearts, who I think is more recognized than some background ponies, but definitely not in the ranks of Derpy or Lyra. I think more than I like her, I'm just drawn to her. For whatever reason, whenever she's on screen, I immediately pick her out without even trying.

I didn't think Shining Armor was unpopular. If he is, I totally dig on Shining Armor. He is my husbando :ph34r:

I know Cadance got some backlash, but I think it's subsided? I like her too. She's nice. She was the Princess with the most personality for a long time. Gradually, Luna and even Celestia have gained some personality, but at the time of her introduction, Cadance had the most character.

Hugh Jelly. I dont think anyone doesn't like Hugh Jelly. Actually, I think many people do. But I don't think he's remembered most of the time.

Look at my avatar. ssaww.png

I've never been able to pin down just why I like Silver Spoon, considering that there's very little to like about her - and that's not even taking her problematic association with a certain pink pony into account. I suspect it has something to do with her design, as well as the fact that she's a blank flank slate with plenty of room for development and a fair amount of interesting fanon written about her. Her attempt at cheering Diamond Tiara up in Call of the Cutie, clapping in Family Appreciation Day and taking her milkshake back in Pinkie Pride are quite literally the only things we've ever seen her do that don't involve being Di's partner in crime. It's sad, really: she has the potential to be an interesting character if she's (properly) expanded upon. Hell, Lauren herself confirmed that the main reason Silver Spoon behaves the way she does is that Diamond Tiara is a bad influence on her. She probably has nothing against the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but is just happy to be spending time with her best friend and/or puts Di's own wants ahead of her own out of a desire to be a good friend. I think if she ran into the CMC's onto the street while she was out on her own - without Diamond - she'd probably just ignore them.

I see her as sort of the Milhouse Van Houten to Diamond Tiara's Bart Simpson. Milhouse is a good-natured (if dorky) kid who often engages in delinquent behavior alongside Bart. Heck, I could easily picture them having this exchange over the phone:

My mom won't let me be your friend anymore. That's why you couldn't come to my party...

What's she got against me?

She says you're a bad influence...

Bad influence my pink patootie! How many times have I told you never to listen to your mother?!

• Brohoof 2

Pony Flash Sentry is my obvious answer. But what I really want to see is Human Flash Sentry given SOME backstory. Somewhere on fanfiction.net or FiMFiction, there has got to be some story that can show there could be more to Flash Sentry than just being a love interest. Seriously, if anyone can find one about Human Flash Sentry that can do that, Let me know!

Hmm...when it comes to the colts and fillies, I'd still prefer Snips and Snails for their ignorance over Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon for their bullying!

I like Shining Armor and I don't understand why he isn't more popular.

His design is a little ugly, with the blue sclera and whatnot...

The way he calls Twilight "Twilee" is also really annoying. Otherwise, his personality's fine...but those other aspects are hard to get past for me.

I really like Princess Cadence and Princess Celestia. I think they are interesting, well developed characters. They are not Mary Sue like the fandom makes them out to be. They have conflicts and struggles of their own that have to deal with.