do you pick a favourite pony based on your own personality

gyxile

Applejack is my favorite because she is the simple, no nonsense, level headed strait man. Basically, that's me. We do differ some but are more alike than not.

Rainbow Dash is my second favorite and I'd chalk that up to the fact that opposites attract.

In a way.

Fancypants is more someone I aspire to be like than someone I'm actually like. We're similar in some ways, when it comes to class, manners, and appreciation for all walks of life. What separates us are things like charisma, charm, and confidence.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Rarity best mainly for her being self employed and responsible.

Debbie likes her best too because she gets all girly at times and goes drama queen at the drop of a hat.

(edited)

I would have to say yes and no in my case. Normally there's one or two characters I really like in a show - and generally yes they have a similar personality to me mainly because I connect with them a lot more. With MLP though I can relate to almost all of the characters so picking a favorite pony for me is uber hard.I can be crazy and childish as Pinkie (my love of sweets cookies cake chocolate sugar is as big as Pinkie's)  :ooh: , I'm as shy and timid like Fluttershy  :blush: , I study hard and panic about everything like Twilight  :twi: and I'm steadfast loyal, hardworking and trustworthy like Applejack  :icwudt:  . And I'm as clumsy as Derpy at times  :muffins: . I have their good parts and bad parts and I feel their all different parts of me. 

If I had to pick just one favourite, in the end it would have to be Pinkie Pie. Not because I relate to her the most but because it's always entertaining watching Pinkie Pie.  :lol:

Edited by Medlight

Well, yes and no.

In my opinion, Twilight is best pony because she is what I aspire to be- successful and caring. Sure, I'm caring, but I'm still learning to code, so not the successful bit yet...

As for yes, well, we both freak out under similar circumstances, and in similar ways. Minus the "Want it, Need it" spell, my OC can't even do that, let alone me. But yeah, I can freak out over the little things and need a friend to snap me out of it.

But I'm still most like Fluttershy.

This is exactly why I picked RD and Pinkie as my favorites! Dash is my chillness and competitiveness, and Pinkie is my crazy, happy, funny side! They are the ponies I identify most with, and the only other pony I identify with in any way is Twilight, because books.

Not really. I guess that would be the case for Big Mac, since I'm quiet too, But Applejack, Vinyl, Flash Sentry, and Thunderlane are all pretty different from me in terms of personality. 

• 2 weeks later...

I picked Fluttershy because I can relate to her.  In person I'm about the shyest person you will ever meet.  I clam up and want to just run and hide.  Because of this I'm able to relate to her.  Rarity is my second choice as she appeals to my want to constantly create.  I'm always finding ways to do new art projects.  Although after I squealed in petco at a fish even my bro started making comments about dying my hair pink.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorta...  :huh: I aspire to be more like Fluttershy, certainly, but I also feel my personality is more like hers than any other pony, which contributes to her being my favourite as I can relate to what she goes through and admire her progress moreso than I can for other ponies. So, I guess I'm a little of both. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I took the pony personality quiz, thinking i'd be more like Apple Jack. Turns out I was mostly like Rainbow Dash and she just stuck on me. From watching her on the show to seeing art of her, I felt like if she was human, she'd be my doppelganger. Plus, we both got the swag that turns apples into snapple :P

• Brohoof 1

I tend to obsess over characters that I aspire to be like or admire for their strengths as opposed to characters that are similar to me. I can see a little bit of myself in all of the main characters save for maybe Rarity, so it's not like there's any particular character that I'm more like than others. I used to say I was like Fluttershy, but I'm not so sure anymore. It is AJ who I like the most, and although I've been told I'm like her by other friends who like MLP, I personally don't see it, but she is the one I would strive to be the most like so I'll take those comments as welcome compliments.

• Brohoof 1

Not deliberately, but it sort have happened that way which is probably the case for many of us. When I was first watching I wasn't thinking "Applejack is awesome because she is like me" even though I later noticed several similarities between us, I actually wasn't sure what I liked about her at first but the reasons did add up rather quickly. Relatability seems to be one of the main reasons why certain people like certain ponies and this is a mark of good writing as it makes us the viewers care about the characters and suspend disbelief enough to see them almost as if they are actual, living breathing beings.

• Brohoof 1

I pick every favorite character in anything based on my personality. Either based on whether I can relate to them (Fluttershy, Moondancer) or if I aspire to be like them/be their friend (Applejack). I don't particularly feel any sense of deep attachment to most of these characters those, except possibly Moondancer as her color scheme, appearance (with a little altering), and personality could be used to represent me. I basically see her as my equivalent and stand-in on the show.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly love the mane six because I feel like they can all appeal to everyone in different ways though still being very different. Like I am a hard working individual, and pretty stubborn and proud, but I know I like competition a lot, and I also enjoy reading and studying. Depending on the social circumstances makes the difference of my being a pinkie or fluttershy, amongst most people I dont know and even people that I see daily, I still have never had a conversation with some, and shy away, but among friends and others i fee comfortable with i can be like pinkie lol, and I believe that rarity represents the artistic outlet of ones character.

• Brohoof 1