Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brand New 100th Episode Trailer!

ThatOneComrade

Right, so now I'm positive this episode's gonna be a trainwreck. Now it just feels like they're spoon feeding the fans this content rather than giving us a good episode. If it turns out good I will be surprised. What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 8

So far, I really love this scene. It's got that great meshing of both the classical (Octavia) and modern dubstep (Vinyl) styles. It ain't the standard, which is definitely something Octavia's looking for.

And it works really well with Vinyl Scratch not talking and letting her music speak for her. It's a clever direction for this character.

That said, it'll be all for naught if the story doesn't hold up, but that remains to be seen.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

The fanservice in this clip is very near maximum possible levels, and I'm pretty much one of those purists that believes that the fanworks and the canon should be kept separate as much as possible, unless it was used subtly or it would have a considerable benefit to the storyline.

However, I'm pretty much on board with @Dark Qiviut. Vinyl played that really cool, and I really liked how Octavia played off of her, as opposed to the friction normally seen in most fanworks, to create a unique piece for this show. As long as the story works and it doesn't wreck the show, it's all fine.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Personally, I'm even more hyped for the episode. The clip had some neat looking visuals and the fact that Vinyl and Octavia are in a scene together is awesome. Plus, I'm all for the canon of Vinyl and Octavia living together and I'm not just saying that because I ship them. :please:

Edited by Wheatley
  • Brohoof 3

Now that I am home I could hear this at the appropriate volume and...it...was...awesome. :D

I've wanted to see this for so long...ahhhh, hype! <3

• Brohoof 1

@Eloquence

Yup, this is happening right now.

I have no words to share about this. This is just like the fandom thought them out, well, except the detail of ruling out the love relationship. or at least that's what I presume they'll do.

• Brohoof 3

This trailer looked really amazing. I liked how the music sounded with classic and dubstep together. I thought Octavia would not like the dubstep in her playing but I was surprised. The visuals for their playing was amazing as well and now I can't wait for this episode to come out next week  :squee:.

Hasbro CEO: "How can we satisfy the bronies?"

Employee 1: "Make a pony movie where they are humans."

CEO: "No that won't work."

Employee 2: "Send voice actors to conventions."

CEO: "No we need something big."

Employee 3: "Make the biggest ships canon!"

CEO: "My god, that is a great idea!"

• Brohoof 7

Ao I guess they do live together  :blink:

Okay, I can live with that.

Also.... Dat music

• Brohoof 1

What the heck are YOU talking about? I loved seeing Vinyl and Octavia jam out! Although they did start getting weirder and weirder with that ending...

Funny they decided to keep Vinyl "mute", guess they didnt want people to get all huffy puffy about it not being nowacking like some entitled fans might do...

• Brohoof 1

The fanservice in this clip is very near maximum possible levels, and I'm pretty much one of those purists that believes that the fanworks and the canon should be kept separate as much as possible, unless it was used subtly or it would have a considerable benefit to the storyline.

However, I'm pretty much on board with @Dark Qiviut. Vinyl played that really cool, and I really liked how Octavia played off of her, as opposed to the friction normally seen in most fanworks, to create a unique piece for this show. As long as the story works and it doesn't wreck the show, it's all fine.

Yeah I agree with you Wind Chaser, but...I think the canon should incorporate some fanwork references into the show by now!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Personally, I'm even more hyped for the episode. The clip had some neat looking visuals and the fact that Vinyl and Octavia are in a scene together is awesome. Plus, I'm all for the canon of Vinyl and Octavia living together and I'm not just saying that because I ship them. :please:

First of all, yes, the hype has been doubled! The part about Vinyl and Octavia living together being canon. I don't know how "canon" the trading card sets are, but yesterday one of my friends sent me the metal lunch box with Princess Luna on one side and Night Mare Moon on the other side. Anyway it was full of old trading card packs (which I don't collect) and one of the cards (copyright 2012) has Vinyl and Octavia on it and in the little bio on the back it states that they are room mates. It also says "will they ever perform a duet together? Only time will tell" Edited by colt .45
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I really liked the scene. From what we've seen of the episode thus far, I haven't yet gotten the impression that it was written by bronies. However, I do still have my reservations. 

Edited by Cleverclover
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah I agree with you Wind Chaser, but...I think the canon should incorporate some fanwork references into the show by now!

I see what you're saying, but there's generally a rule against referencing specific fan works for legal reasons. As for popular headcanons, I'm not against it as long as it works in context.

Vinyl and Octavia looks really cool, but having them front-and-center in an episode reeks of fanservice. It was a great scene, and the episode can still be really good, but it all depends on story.

• Brohoof 2

I enjoyed seeing this (didn't notice them jumping the shark the first time, though. Nice jab at the fans who thought this happened long ago.)

Also, nice nod that they did in fact have Vinyl and Octavia living together, though it would appear they've made a running gag out of Vinyl never saying a word. She's had ample opportunity between EqG and this episode (just this scene, even), so, it appears she is never going to say anything on screen.

Here's another trailer with Octavia talks and Vinyl Scratch plays beats in the episode by next Saturday! Who's voice actor that Octavia sound look like?

This does seem like one episode where the staff is just trying to have fun for the entire thing, so things may come across  as being over the top. Frankly I am more interested in the Pandabee. 

As with every episode, I never really look into it before I watch it. That way I'm not sure what to expect, though everybody is going nuts right now because it appears Tavi and Vinyl are roommates. Would be amazing if Nowacking got the part for Vinyl's voice in the show :lol: Anyway, we'll have to see. 

Nobody ruin it for me :P

• Brohoof 2