Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler The worst episode in my opinon is

ginger468

But I don't see why some disliked and even hated the 100th episode. There's nothing wrong with a little fanservice once in a while.

The problem with Slice of Life is that it's NOTHING but fanservice at the expense of actual good writing. Every scene is just an attempt to shoehorn in a reference to a meme, and hoping that this will distract the biggest fans from the fact that there is nothing else to the episode.

For example, the opening scene before the theme song: the "joke" here is literally just that Derpy says "Muffin". If you aren't well-versed in the fandom, that scene will have no meaning to you, and if you are, then you have seen dozens of similar but better executed jokes in fan works.

They just kept making shallow references like that until eventually it got too hard for me to watch so I just walked away. It's definitely my number one most hated episode because these "DANK MAYMAYS BRO" were so cringeworthy that it was almost physically painful.

A close second is Tanks for the Memories, which turns Rainbow Dash into a horrifying villain who is willing to risk hundreds of lives for a minor personal gain. I'm already not a big fan of RD, but pretending that this episode doens't exist is the only way I can stop myself from becoming a full-on hater.

• Brohoof 1

Magical Mystery Cure would be my least favourite, I was fine with Twilight turning into a Alicorn and all that but the whole episode feels really rushed, maybe if it was a two-parter. Although the song What my Cutie Mark is telling me I actually enjoyed quite a lot, all the other songs are easily forgettable.

I know a lot of people are mad about "Slice of Life" but I completely disagree.  This episode was not empty in my opinion.  It managed canon character backstory, was fun, funny, and even had a legitimate moral for children watching.  It managed all of that while thanking all of the long time fans of the show and all of the success that it has had.  Not trying to be argumentative, just offering my opinion.

That being said, my least favorite episode is "Griffon the Brush Off."  I can't stomach Gilda and her attitude.  Her insults seem awkward, forced, and are repetitive.  She is like a 90's bad girl in a daytime TV show meets Diamond Tiara meets Rainbow Dash.  To her credit, she is less loathsome in "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone."

Let me begin by saying I don't hate any episode really, but I do know what my least favorite episode is.

Dragon Quest:  Simple reason.  Too much Spike and not enough ponies

My least favorite episode is definitley Tanks For The Memories.

Let me begin by saying I don't hate any episode really, but I do know what my least favorite episode is.

Dragon Quest:  Simple reason.  Too much Spike and not enough ponies

I think that there weren't a lot of the ponies in the episode because, well, it was a Spike episode.

For example, if there was an episode about SpitFire, they wouldn't make it revolving around Mr. and Mrs. Cake  :wat:

I think that there weren't a lot of the ponies in the episode because, well, it was a Spike episode.

For example, if there was an episode about SpitFire, they wouldn't make it revolving around Mr. and Mrs. Cake  :wat:

good point, but there are other Spike episodes where there are plenty of ponies.

Since he leaves Ponyville in this one, there are a lot less ponies by proxy. Making it my least favorite.

I can still enjoy the episode, however 

My least favourite episode has to be "Putting Your Hoof Down" . Fluttershy is so out of character, and the scene where she screams at Rarity and Pinkie made me cry. She was basically telling her best friends that their lives were pointless and how stupid they are. That is not Fluttershy. 

Edited by LunatheNightmare

"Spike at your Service" and "Princess Spike" are my least favorite episodes so far. When watching these, my facepalm levels reach critical mass...

Has to be Somepony To Watch Over Me (S04 E17). It's way too over the top on Applejack's behalf and all of it seems way too out of character. Something which I wasn't expecting from a show in its 4th season. It has quirky moments, but other than that, it's just completely dead.

Also, one which annoys me is Equestria Games (S04 E24) because of how much potential it had. We could have seen so much awesomeness with seeing the ponies competing in a huge competition, but instead we get Spike. And he feels embarrassed and then he saves the day. There was so much they could have done with this episode, but they messed it up.

Finally, I don't like Simple Ways (S04 E13) as it takes me back to Look Before You Sleep (S01 E08) which is another episode I hated. I don't like episodes where the ponies' egos are just displayed in plain sight, and because it had happened before, I hate Simple Ways for bringing back the concept.

(Wow these are pretty much all from Season 4... but I liked season 4... I don't get it... )

I've got a handful of em' that I'm not to fond of...

1.) Over a barrel  S1

2.) Dragonshy S1
3.) Baby cakes S2

4.) The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 S2

5.) Dragon quest S2
6.) Three's a crowd S4
7.) Trade ya S4

For one reason or another, either it was really annoying, really boring, or kinda racist.

Ponyville Confidential. The third act of the episode where the CMC get shunned by the public was so cruel that I can't even return to watch it again. What's even worse is that for some reason many people seem to love this episode. This so happens to be one of the episodes that I wish weren't canon at all.

Edited by Spark Prickle

Mysterious Mare-do-well. For sure.  >_>

They totally blown Rainbow Dash's ego out of proportion. Ever since she's considered the most egotistical pony in Equestria. It gets brought up in every best pony debate that ever lived.  -_-

Here's my top ten list. Ten being my favorite of the list and one being my least favorite.

10.  MMMystery on the Friendship Express: Please don't jump on me. I just didn't find it all that enjoyable. It was hilarious, but kind of dull.

9. One Bad Apple: It really just seemed stupid. The whole bullying this, isn't my thing, and it just seems bizarre and stupidly hilarious how Babs can take over and ruin their lives but they won't even attempt to do anything about it.

8. Party Pooped: It was actually a bit enjoyable, just pretty boring to watch yaks go on a rampage a second time.

7. Bridle Gossip: Its hilarious how much they got wrong here. Twilight insisting curses don't exist even though they're reoccurring in Equestria, ponies going out of their personalities to be afraid or idiotic and Zecora just acting suspicious even though she meant no harm.

6. Read it and Weep: RD finds that the only way to save herself from embarrassment of enjoying to read subjecting herself to much more embarrassment than being declared an egghead. This whole episode is made possible due to RD's lack of 'confidence' in this area.

5. Simple Ways: I just...I can't. Trend is the most dislikable pony in the entire series, Rarity has never been more out of character, and it just all seems idiotic.

4. Somepony to Watch Over Me: Now were getting to the good stuff. This episode is only made possible because of AJ's antics to keep Apple Bloom safe. It is quite apparent that she can care for herself, yet AJ continues to check on her every 30 seconds.

3. Sonic Rainboom: Its cool to have RD in the spotlight and all, but Rarity acting like a naïve fool to make this episode happen isn't amusing.

2. Applebuck Season: AJ grows a huge ego out of nowhere to make this happen. It just doesn't make sense, AJ is honesty, why make promises she can't keep and say she can do it when she's just lying to her own face?

1. Games Ponies Play: I can't even list what I hate. It was all just so dislikable.

I have a problem with a few episode, but. I will try not to tear a new one with these episodes as they did that themselves.

1.) Dragon Quest: Least favorite episode, although I respect ther people liking this episode. My big problems all in one. Spike, Adventure, The Negative Stereotypes of Teenagers, Self Identity crisis, Spike, and Merriwether Williams. Done, next

2.) Spike at Your Service: So much potential, so little execution. The only thing executed was this episode's potential. Oh and Merriwether Williams and Spike. Also, why was this approved?

3.) Somepony to Watch Over Me: Out of Characterzation and over exaggeration, anyone? Come on Scott! At least you got better as time went on. But, my biggest issue was a questionable moral. Enough Said. 

4.) The Mysterious Mare Do Well: My God... Merriwether Williams. Please, just don't write ANYMORE episodes! I actually didn't mind this episode. Nothing wrong while watching it except for one thing... Uh... Kids Show? The message was good but the execution and what I learned was, "If people brag, be better then them until they are emotionally unstable. Drive people insane : D" Well, thanks Merriwether. Now kids will be bullying mini Seth Macfarlene's and Kanye West's to instability. Proud of yourself? Shouldn't be.

5.) BATS! : So many things wrong with this but wasn't a bad one except for the fact I kept yelling at the TV screen, "CALL AN EXTERMINATOR!" At the top of my lungs as I have no compassion for non existent bats. By the way? At the beginning, Applejack's apples were being eaten by the bats. End of episode. Bats still eating Apples. Problem solved!  >_>

6.) Putting Your Hoof Down: Merriwether Williams! :love: I'm so excited to murder your episodes! Bad case of overplaying an example... just not a good episode for me. 

7.) Daring Don't: Specifically for headcanon purposes and took away from Rainbow's character. 

I have a problem with a few episode, but. I will try not to tear a new one with these episodes as they did that themselves.

1.) Dragon Quest: Least favorite episode, although I respect ther people liking this episode. My big problems all in one. Spike, Adventure, The Negative Stereotypes of Teenagers, Self Identity crisis, Spike, and Merriwether Williams. Done, next

2.) Spike at Your Service: So much potential, so little execution. The only thing executed was this episode's potential. Oh and Merriwether Williams and Spike. Also, why was this approved?

3.) Somepony to Watch Over Me: Out of Characterzation and over exaggeration, anyone? Come on Scott! At least you got better as time went on. But, my biggest issue was a questionable moral. Enough Said. 

4.) The Mysterious Mare Do Well: My God... Merriwether Williams. Please, just don't write ANYMORE episodes! I actually didn't mind this episode. Nothing wrong while watching it except for one thing... Uh... Kids Show? The message was good but the execution and what I learned was, "If people brag, be better then them until they are emotionally unstable. Drive people insane : D" Well, thanks Merriwether. Now kids will be bullying mini Seth Macfarlene's and Kanye West's to instability. Proud of yourself? Shouldn't be.

5.) BATS! : So many things wrong with this but wasn't a bad one except for the fact I kept yelling at the TV screen, "CALL AN EXTERMINATOR!" At the top of my lungs as I have no compassion for non existent bats. By the way? At the beginning, Applejack's apples were being eaten by the bats. End of episode. Bats still eating Apples. Problem solved!  >_>

6.) Putting Your Hoof Down: Merriwether Williams! :love: I'm so excited to murder your episodes! Bad case of overplaying an example... just not a good episode for me. 

7.) Daring Don't: Specifically for headcanon purposes and took away from Rainbow's character. 

What were your problems with Spike in Dragon Quest?