Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there anyone here who isn't into Pokemon or Anime?

CosmicHooves

I used to be in both, but I got fed up with anime a long time ago for being so ridiculous lately, and in the case of Pokemon, it bored me, and couldn't keep up with the generations

I'll admit I'm a shameless anime fangirl, but Pokémon never interested me. Both my brother and sister were obsessed with it, though, and collected anything even remotely related to it. Because of this, I had to endure countless lectures on how brilliant the show was. If I were to dig in our house far enough, I'd probably find a Pokémon fan's heaven.

• Brohoof 1

I just can't seem to get into anime at all.

It's mostly because of how many bad experiences I've had with some anime fans in the past. Will I ever get into it? I don't know.

(edited)

I never played Pokémon because my parents believed it was anti-Christian when I was a kid. I have no problem with it now, but I never bothered to get into it.

Frankly, I don't care about it.

I've never looked into anime, so I'm not a fan of it.

Edited by GrepPIEtas
  • Brohoof 1

I used to like both things but not so much now. Physical fitness/diet and keeping up with world affairs takes more of my time. Still, the Pokémon video game series remains good and there are definitely top notch anime shows out there.

I love the Pokemon games, minus the 3DS games, but the rest have occupied so many hours of my life. The anime...I could never get into it except for when I was young, I had some VHS tapes and I loved seeing Pokemon that I may have had in the games on a brightly colored TV show, but now looking back on it, I think it is so cringe worthy and cliche that it baffles me how I liked it before.

This is my general opinion on many animes, most that I have tried to watch have been filled with cliches, pointless intrigue and horrible exposition, and so many other things that end up frustrating me as I watch it. Death Note was a prime example for me on this.

It's a shame too because I do love some anime, specifically Trigun and Attack on Titan, Attack on Titan is my biggest anime obsession by far. I just cannot get into most other shows though.

I'm also not in to either of them. One of my friends suggested that I play the Pokemon games, but they just don't interest me very much. :huh: I'm not really into gaming in general though.

I also don't like anime. I've tried watching a few, but for me, the art style is simply repulsive :eww:. Plus I can't stand anything relating to the Japanese language. Additionally, I really don't like to sit around and just watch stuff; I start to get bored (same thing with movies)

Honestly, I don't understand.

I mean, it's not like all anime are the same, it's just as diverse as you and me.

However, I can understand if Pokémon isn't your thing. I love the games, but Ash from the anime is just an unskilled trainer....

Have to put DS down for a minute to clean up after sibling. Takes longer than expected. DS dies. So long hours of work.

Save often! 

I tend to save if:

- A pokemon gains a level

- I had a boss fight (gym leader/grunts/rival)

-  Pokemon learns a new move

- Reach a new area

Back on topic... Nope, I like both pokemon AND anime.

But for anime, I'm really super picky about which ones I watch. They have to have a great art style, for starters.

I have never really been a fan of pokemon, I never could get into the show. As for Anime, I do watch a few. I don't consider a major fan cause I have only seen a few. 

Pokémon's a game series though. The anime is just a side thing.

I used to be into anime and still sort of am. (I was a huge anime fan back in my early High School years...) But, overall, I've grown away from Anime and more towards Western-made cartoons like Ed, Edd, & Eddy, MLP, and SpongeBob.

But, Pokemon? I haven't had my own copy of a Pokemon game for many years.

(edited)

I was into both when I was younger.

Now, animes don't interest me anymore. Pokémon still interests me but I don't play anymore.

Edited by Blobulle

I must admit, I used to be a HUGE fan of Pokémon as a child. I had the toys, games, you name it. I eventually grew out of it and now I don't care for it anymore. Judging from what I've seen, it seems the large majority of fans here are into Pokémon and anime. But each to their own.

I have watched a few anime over the years, but that's it. I don't consider myself a fan really.

I used to like anime when I was in middle school, but now it's more of a bad memory to me. I only watch a little bit of anime, but generally in I'm not a fan, and I tried Pokemon before, beat the elite four, then lost interest.

I used to be into Pokémon back in elementary, I remember there was a vhs tape in the mail talking about what Pokémon is. The contents would be described as very 90s. The tape even mentioned that Pokémon is two words merged into one, Pocket and Monsters. When Nostalgia Critic Reviewed Pokémon the first movie, he was (supposedly) dumbfounded at the thought that Pokémon is two words merged together. I would have thought he got that same vhs tape in the mail as I did.

But no, I grew out of it. Probably spent more than $500 worth of cards, toys and games on it. I still have all my first edition trading cards of the first 151 including ancient Mew. I remember Burger King trucks getting robbed for their 23k gold cards.

Anime? I only like the anime's with characters that have simple names like "Vash the Stampede" or the adorable "Millie Thompson". But animes with five or six syllable Japanese names, I just easily forget. So no I'm not a fan of animes, particularly not the otaku level.

I'm not really 'into' pokemon, but I do like it. The first generation anyway. I like anime too; bleach is one of my favorites, and death note. When I think pokemon I think the first generation gameboy games.

(edited)

I still don't understand why people like pokemon, the first generation was okay, I have to admit, but the others? I don't wanna affront anyone, but doesn't these generation pokemons look ridiculous? I mean I just don't get it.

I used to like anime but I fed up with it. It's just so rare to find a worthy one to watch.(Yes, I don't really like fanservice.)

Muk? Voltorb? Geodude? Come on, Doduo evolves and then just has more heads. Magnemite gets two more magnets.

I still love them all but still, what's so terrible about the new ones? Barely anything changed.

There's plenty Anime without fan service.

but Ash from the anime is just an unskilled trainer....

Just because he isn't Pokemon master, doesn't make him an unskilled trainer. Ash catches the Pokemon he bonds with and then uses their power and abilities to fit them. He ignores type advantages because he believes in his partners, he believes they have the strength to overcome their weaknesses and they often do because he's trained with them well. He has a bond with them, he doesn't care weather they evolve or not, he just wants them to be happy and strive to reach their goals. He's seen all legendaries but respects them and doesn't try and catch them just because they're powerful. He allows them to live their lives and continue being legends. He stops bad guys like team rocket all the time. He's saved thousands of lives from other bad guys. Sure he can be immature and forget things, ect but he's just a kid. I don't understand all the hate he gets because he is a good and respectable trainer.

Edited by Princess Sapphire

Muk? Voltorb? Geodude? Come on, Doduo evolves and then just has more heads. Magnemite gets two more magnets.

I still love them all but still, what's so terrible about the new ones? Barely anything changed.

There's plenty Anime without fan service.

Just because he isn't Pokemon master, doesn't make him an unskilled trainer. Ash catches the Pokemon he bonds with and then uses their power and abilities to fit them. He ignores type advantages because he believes in his partners, he believes they have the strength to overcome their weaknesses and they often do because he's trained with them well. He has a bond with them, he doesn't care weather they evolve or not, he just wants them to be happy and strive to beat their goals. He's seen all legendaries but respects them and doesn't try and catch them just because they're powerful. He allows them to live their lives and continue being legends. He stops bad guys like team rocket all the time. He's saved thousands of lives from other bad guys. Sure he can be immature and forget things, ect but he's just a kid. I don't understand all the hate he gets because he is a good and respectable trainer.

iDon't get me wrong, I don't hate the character, and I know that his bond is incredible, I just think that he should think more about things like types and whatnot. Either that, or I'm inadvertently comparing him to the games and their trainers (like Red, the most badass of them all!).