Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there anyone here who isn't into Pokemon or Anime?

CosmicHooves

iDon't get me wrong, I don't hate the character, and I know that his bond is incredible, I just think that he should think more about things like types and whatnot. Either that, or I'm inadvertently comparing him to the games and their trainers (like Red, the most badass of them all!).

He's fun and yeah, I think most people just compare him to Red. It's different in the Anime, though because having an overpowered main character would get so tiring. I don't think people really want that, they just think they do. Pokemon is lighthearted and Ash's blunders make it all the more interesting to watch. I guess it's not for everyone but I just think people are too quick to hate.

I got into Pokémon two years ago, but now that I've beaten Fire Red I think I may take a pause from Pokémon until I can play a more modern game.

And I've never really wanted to get into Animes, because I think they're overated and the only anime I think I could watch would be Dragonball, because it looks like an anime but without some of the worsest clichés in animes in overall

I like Pokemon. I played through the first generation all the way to the latest, and i enjoy them all. They don't offer much in storyline or plot; after all they were intended for children, but they have intriguing gameplay mechanics and team-building niche, as well as strategies.

Not a sucker for anime though.

I have never ever cared for Pokémon, and honestly, I'd like to know where it gets all this hype :P I have played three Pokémon games I believe, and all three were boring. Honestly, every two steps you have to fight other Pokémon off and it gets old fast. If you're not fighting off other Pokémon, you are being tortured with all the talking that happens in the game. I played Pokémon white, and for me all it was was walking around, fighting Pokémon, and having to keep tapping because there was so much dialogue in the game. I never could understand why everyone liked it so much XD Was it just Pokémon white that sucked? Or are they all that way? I hate to put it so coldly, because I'm sure a bunch of Pokémon lovers will kill me for saying this, but I won't deny anything.

I love Pokémon, but not other anime. They're really repetitive and the characters are all archetypes and I guess the tropes wore thin really quickly with me. Tsundere, yandere...I mean, even if the concept of a given show is cool, it's hard to enjoy it when the characters' personalities are just copy-pasted from other shows with a few extra quirks thrown in, and its especially hard to enjoy when I'm being suffocated by boob jokes and yaoi nd other forms of blatant fanservice.

I do, however, read One Piece, which is in a class of its own, in my opinion...And Yotsuba, which I recommend to anyone and everyone because it's (pretty much) trope-free, hilarious, and adorable.

Yotsuba_vol1_cover.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I watch anime, Favourite's

Soul Eater

Ghost in the Shell SAC & 2nd GIG

Full Metal Alchemist

Unbreakable Machine Doll

Sailor Moon

I alos love watching the old seasons of pokemon 

Edited by CosmicSpark

(edited)

Admittedly, though, I'm a sucker for Nostalgia, so I still enjoy watching Pokémon (any season), Digimon (the older seasons), Cardcaptors, and the old dub of Sailor Moon. I don't care how silly and over-censored they all are--I love it. ^^'

I also used to watch Beyblade when it first came out, but I don't think there are any other anime I actively watched...except Bleach, back when YTV still aired it.

Best theme song ever.

WAIT,

HOW DID I FORGET HAMTARO?

Edited by AmberDust

I never got into Pokémon, I watched the show for a bit here and there years ago, but I never took a big interest.

It had been my intention to look into it out of some of my own interest as well as some encouragement from friends, but I never did, the little interest I had faded.

It's not quite the same for Anime, I didn't watch any until last summer, then I finally gave in and watched some, in total I watched 2 movies and 3.25 shows, I never finished the last.

It seems as though that too is a dying interest and joins a number of other ones.

It is what it is, I don't see it as positive or negative.

• 10 months later...

Now let's get this straight.

I have NOTHING against anyone who has an interested in these two things.

It's just that I'm not interested in any of these things and because of that I just feel like I'm feeling like I'm a minority here.

So I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who is just the same.

I'm not into either. Lost interest in both things years ago

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I don't like Pokemon or anime. Both the games and the show.

Also I've never tried to watch anime, but (in my opinion!) it just looks dumb and something that I probably couldn't get into, even if I tried.

(edited)

pokémon is a horrible franchise. it used to be a fantastic series, but it has been milked so dry to the point where it's not worth the money to support a series that has had the same basic battling mechanics since the beginning. plus this series has garbage like sawk and mr mime in it. smh

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love Pokemon (as you can tell by my avatar) but I'm not a huge anime fan. The only real anime I've watched fully is CardCaptor Sakura. I also like Spirited Away.

Edited by Kayleigh

Well I would say I love the former not so much the latter. Which might seem contradictory because I grew up with the Pokemon show, but I'm assuming the OP means "into" anime as in "passionate about the medium well into their adult life," which I am not.

Now let's get this straight.

I have NOTHING against anyone who has an interested in these two things.

It's just that I'm not interested in any of these things and because of that I just feel like I'm feeling like I'm a minority here.

So I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who is just the same.

I like pokemon but I think all anime is garbage honestly

It seems rare to run into someone who doesn't like Pokemon. I'm one of those people. I don't like it, and I kinda tire of hearing about it. Some people take that as a cue to hate anyone involved, but that's not right. Anyhow...I've seen little bits and pieces of it over the years before going to school, but I never cared.

Also, I liked one anime which I won't mention publicly, but now I've sort of lost interest in it. Never really got into anime except the time I watched that one show. That's all.