gaming Do you go for 100% on video games?

Twi Rubix

100% Completion.  

124 users have voted

1. 1. Do you go for 100%?

• Yes, no matter what the challenge!
    • If it isn't too difficult, yes.
    • Depends.
    • No, that's not important to me.

After fully completing everything in the Crash Bandicoot games that had a completion rate percentage when I was younger, I pretty much stopped feeling the compulsion to collect/do every single thing in a video game. I am OCD about getting all the treasure chests in most Final Fantasy games, but only in a few of them do I try to do every side quest.

CuteCometSig.png.f16d5c8ed97aa389f3c6656ff5a9a1cd.png

I've enjoyed fully completing games in the past and still strive to complete as much as possible when I play games today. I loved getting 100% on Viewtiful Joe , Paper Mario games and BioShock on the Xbox360. I also completed Crash Bandicoot 1-3 like the user above did. They were all fun to complete.

:wub: Silver Letter!!! :kirin:
Silver Letter's MLP collection
Have: 946

Depends on whether i truly enjoy the game and getting 100% isn't something that is more frustrating that its worth.

sig-27460.i2QLbt3.jpgOatmeal, are you crazy?!

"Silly, you are already under my control."- Pinkie Pie
Signature made by me, because resistance truly is futile, silly.

Currently still undergoing maintenance. Yes, i can do that, im a program, silly.

I used to do it, then I burnt myself out on being a total completionist. The last game I did that on was Prince of Persia '08; and that's it.

These days I just don't have a lot of time to dedicate to do that, and my serious backlog of games doesn't help.

Maybe one day I'll get back to it, but for now the main story and some side-quests are my main target.

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

No, not at all. In fact, usually I get to the final boss, and if I don't beat them the first or second try, I quit playing altogether. When I play video games, I play them to relax. I see no point in 100%ing them... They're just games, nothing really worth putting much effort into.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

Usually I might, but only after I've already gone through the game once. It depends though, sometimes I do, other times I don't. *Shrugs* :)

84jdcweaze4.png
3rd Eye | To suffer hate in search of love, or lose them both forever? 🎔 ~

I usually go for the 100% but I haven't reached 100% in all the games I play.  One game I completed 100% was Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown wars for iPhone where I managed to get a gold medal in everything.

Nope. I was never the type to try to get all of the collectibles, and achievements. I just play the game, have fun, and that's all there is it. There's nothing wrong with wanting to beat the game 100%, it's just not for me. 

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

I nearly always 100% main series / platforming Super Mario games.  SM64, NSMB, NSMB2, NSMB Wii, NSMBU, NSLU (yeah I know Mario wasn't in it lol), SMG, SMG2 (Master of Galaxies, b*****s!), SM3DL, SM3DW (yes stamps and flagpoles and all stages w/ all chars), and that should be it. xD  I never collected all the Shine Sprites in Super Mario Sunshine and it GNAWS AT MY VERY SOUL.  I believe there were 120 total and I had just over 110.  I missed, I think, ONE stupid blast shard in the first Infamous and - though I'd gotten every other trophy - I didn't get plat because of it.  I've also 100%'d some others.  Harmony of Dissonance and Portrait of Ruin if I remember correctly - which I think were largely map percentages.  I 100%'d DKC: Tropical Freeze...  But you can actually 200% it by playing through on hard mode.  Think I cleared 4 full worlds (collecting all K-O-N-G letters as well) on hard and gave it up (stupid dumb water worlds!!!1!  the bane of my existence).  Plat in Skyrim; not a true 100%-ing, per se.

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"

Sometimes. When I try and go for 100%, I don't give up until I do get the required percentage... even though I only got one game up to 100%.

On the other hand, I just like to play a game for fun, even though I do like to get achievements from time to time. :3

Very rarely, in fact there are only a few games off the top of my head i can remember accomplishing this, those being Super Mario 3D Land, Pikmin, and Pikmin 2. Im just not the type of person to have to do everything possible in most games, i feel like it gets too tedious and not worth it. I think it's awesome for people that can do it, just as long as they dont overly brag about it.

Well That all depends on the difficulty of the game, and online (and offline) play required. As For Kirby Games, I always go for 100% complete for the whole game series except for canvas curse and dreamland 3 which was hard to 100% on to get the unlockables and movies and scenes.

NJDSJjA.jpg

I always aim for 100%. It just feels so satisfying. It's one thing to reach the end of a game but another to be fully done with it. When you get 100% you're getting the full content and secrets of what the game has to offer. You're exploring the game to it's boundaries. Plus it makes the game worthwhile. If it's something like Zelda there's not much for you to do at all once you beat the game. However, go back for things you missed, then you can get more out of the game before putting it down. Getting the full experience of the content.

AcXXucv.jpg

Credit to Kyoshi for the awesome signature!

It's been a while since i've been this engaged in a game, but it usually depends on whether or not i'm very into a game or not. I try to complete side-objectives and mini-games before completing the main objective to prolong the game experience.

it depends on how much fun the game is to me. here's some i got 100%

- Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3, Team Racing

- Mario Kart DS

- Pokemon Red, Yellow, Gold, Ruby (filled the dex, beat the league, all trainers, etc)

- Mortal Kombat 

- Hydro Thunder (got all boats, skins, tracks)

- Super Mario 64 (all stars, all powers, all missions on all levels)

- Klanoa Door to Phantomile

Used to. I would get all the stars in Mario 64, that kind of thing. Now, I feel like getting 100% in some games is really, REALLY dumb. Example: I was watching my friend try to get everything on Watch_Dogs.. He spend an hour and a half playing this dumb drinking mini game. It wasn't fun, but he did it anyway. I don't see the point of getting to 100% if the game is going to make me do a bunch of random busywork to do it. I feel like a lot of open world games are doing that now.

29q1lx3.jpg