Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you ever tried clothes for the opposite gender?

Jokuc

I actually own a male shirt and pair of shoes and both are my favourite things to wear, so. :twi: Honestly, what makes clothing male or female? Maybe the detail in the waist, but other than that, people should just be able to and be comfortable with wearing whatever they want. Let a guy wear a dress, let a girl wear a suit. It’s not “weird”, at least that’s how I see it.

• Brohoof 1

In grade school day care, there was a chest of dress up clothes. I tried wearing a wedding dress over my regular clothes but I think I might have accidentally ripped the dress. :blush:

Should have just simply wore the bridal vail. :P

In all honesty, if I keep my face clean and completely shaven, I would have the face to pull off a decent bride look. ;)

But no lipstick! I tried on my mother's once, looked in the mirror and was horrified!:blink:

• Brohoof 1

just for teh record - im a straight female and I hate wearing girly pink clothes. 

If anything I wear mens clothing anyway when im at home. Just not when Im at work, its normally leggings and a long top. Men have such comfy clothes and SHORTS! You cannot buy decent sensible length shorts for women anymore. Everything for us is like super short, not a good thing for large big thigh girls who chafe! >.< 

My partner has admitted he has worn dresses before. He's so silly.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a straight female, a bit of a tomboy, so I sometimes wear boy t shirts, or jackets. Sometimes the style looks better on me and plus, guy clothes tend to be so much more comfortable than girl clothes. :D Most of my clothes are girl clothes, although I tend to avoid frilly girly pink stuff, it's just not my style. 

3 hours ago, StormBlaze said:

just for teh record - im a straight female and I hate wearing girly pink clothes. 

If anything I wear mens clothing anyway when im at home. Just not when Im at work, its normally leggings and a long top. Men have such comfy clothes and SHORTS! You cannot buy decent sensible length shorts for women anymore. Everything for us is like super short, not a good thing for large big thigh girls who chafe! >.< 

My partner has admitted he has worn dresses before. He's so silly.

omg same here! :D

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

I once wore a dress for a drama play because it was on the script. The princess became a man after being kissed by a frog. It was pretty embarrassing...

Still remembered the day I got the most blush-red face in the school.

It's pretty easy for women to get away with wearing men's clothes but not the other way around. 

Imagine me in a pair of jeans and a tee shirt, then imagine @JonasDarkmane in a spaghetti-string sundress. No... I don't think it exactly works for guys. 

I prefer my own clothes, but I'll wear either depending on the situation. I appreciate that social privilege.

11 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

It's pretty easy for women to get away with wearing men's clothes but not the other way around. 

Imagine me in a pair of jeans and a tee shirt, then imagine @JonasDarkmane in a spaghetti-string sundress. No... I don't think it exactly works for guys. 

I prefer my own clothes, but I'll wear either depending on the situation. I appreciate that social privilege.

What? How dare you!! I will have you know, I have dressed and acted as a female before. I am a total beauty!!! 

59fc8d3f3315f_Stupidfotoofme.jpg.122efab9464616f4f067bf548c2bf551.jpg

...Ok, before you get the wrong idea, I was dressing like this for a video I made with a few of my friends back in High School xD I was acting as our Danish teacher, being all strict and speaking in Danish only. This was our mental image of her when we were poking fun at the teachers at our graduation ceremony :P

But you are right, guys in dresses.... doesn't go so very well on us :please:

I prefer wearing clothes based on the occasion. For my everyday life, I just dress in some lame rags. For events, I get nicer or tougher depending the impression I want to leave :P

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, JonasDarkmane said:

What? How dare you!! I will have you know, I have dressed and acted as a female before. I am a total beauty!!! 

59fc8d3f3315f_Stupidfotoofme.jpg.122efab9464616f4f067bf548c2bf551.jpg

...Ok, before you get the wrong idea, I was dressing like this for a video I made with a few of my friends back in High School xD I was acting as our Danish teacher, being all strict and speaking in Danish only. This was our mental image of her when we were poking fun at the teachers at our graduation ceremony :P

...I stand corrected! :blink:

I've only done it during Halloween. Being male I just prefer shorts and t-shirt (though work requires khakis & dress shirt, blaaaaaa). I never found a dress comfortable, though that might be because in junior high a female classmate decided to pull up the dress I had on during Halloween. >_<

• Brohoof 2

I have a few wristbands made with plastic pearl beads that a friend of mine gave me, as well as a couple of necklaces that may look kind of girly to masculine folk. Also wore what some childish juniors at the time thought was an embarrassingly feminine shirt a few times (wasn't really, just had soft material and long sleeves...). I loved wearing all of them, they just made me feel... right. Like I'm wearing what I feel like I should be.

Haven't worn anything like a full-blown dress or anything though. If I managed myself better (you know, if I was a bit better about shaving my arms and legs, which I've neglected to do for a sizeable amount of time), I'd honestly not mind trying one on, I might actually look decent in it. I'd imagine I wouldn't actually feel wrong wearing it, albeit maybe a bit weird because I'm adjusted to looser clothing to blend in better.

On 11/3/2017 at 8:39 AM, JonasDarkmane said:

I hate that double standard belief in our society that a woman looks great in a dress, but if a man wears it, there's something mentally wrong with him!

That's a lot of bull! People should be free to wear what they want without getting in trouble for it. Brohoof if you agree

• Brohoof 4

36 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I hate that double standard belief in our society that a woman looks great in a dress, but if a man wears it, there's something mentally wrong with him!

That's a lot of bull! People should be free to wear what they want without getting in trouble for it. Brohoof if you agree

Agreed, it's actually pretty sexist that men can't wear dresses, and it's actually somewhat weird considering the fact men did wear kilts and togas in the past...

Though I guess I may be biased a bit here because I'm gender non-conforming, and as straight as a freaking rainbow.

2 minutes ago, Nerdy Luigi said:

Agreed, it's actually pretty sexist that men can't wear dresses, and it's actually somewhat weird considering the fact men did wear kilts and togas in the past...

Though I guess I may be biased a bit here because I'm gender non-conforming, and as straight as a freaking rainbow.

Hear hear! If I had the time and outfit, I'd dress up as Belle from Beauty and the Beast for a day!

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Well, I don't really care. If you want to wear a dress go ahead, I won't stop you. I still won't think that guys look good in dresses. That is something that is not going to happen.

• 4 weeks later...