Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on alicorns...

Unlikeable Pony

What are your thoughts on Alicorns and future seasons? Would you like more information revealed about them, or lore regarding them? would you like or dislike other alicorns being revealed? Do you think they should be built up as being specially important in any way to the world, or made unimportant?

Do you have any special headcanon about them?

• Brohoof 1

Me theory is that all of the main characters will become alicorns at the season finale

I actually wouldn't mind it too much if other alicorns were revealed in the later seasons.

Also, I too think that the Mane 6 will all become alicorns in the series finale.

While I am actually quite a fan of all of the mane six becoming alicorns, I honestly think the chances of that happening are less than a snowball in a campfire. The more the show goes on the less likely that seems IMO.

besides, if that were going to happen, I don't think it would be this Season: This season's finale will end in a cutie mark magic scenario focused on cutie marks, not especially focused on the mane six. Season 6 or the movie would be where I'd think IF they were going to do that they'd do it.

But once more, while I'd be very happy to see that, I put the odds lower than low.

I actually wouldn't mind it too much if other alicorns were revealed in the later seasons.

I think it'd be neat if they did some greco roman stuff myself, with other alicorns being revealed in either a flashback or hidden area to watch over other aspects of the world (such as an alicorn of the ocean, an alicorn of the skies, or alicorn of the forests or mountains)

• Brohoof 3

I'd love more info/lore on alicorns, especially if there used to be more in the past, but are gone now. I wouldn't mind if another pony was turned into an Alicorn, or if a new Alicorn character appeared, but I sure hope it's not the Mane 6. :P

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, I'd rather have the alicorn race be more scarce in numbers, so the fewer the better. I just feel like that if there are more alicorns, than the ones we already have (Twilight, Celestia, Luna, Cadance) would be seen as less important.

And of course, the more lore and history of alicorns the better!

• Brohoof 1

I prefer when Twilight was a unicorn, I see alicorns as support characters in the show, just like Celestia during the first seasons. Not main characters.

Alicorns have powerful magic and can also fly, that's a bit too much. I find them too OP.

Also, there are only female alicorns, I really hope they'll add a male alicorn.

But I like Cadence, Luna and Celestia.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Me theory is that all of the main characters will become alicorns at the season finale

Probably not at the end but sometime sooner because they need to pump out episodes displaying them enough that their alicorn form as toys are sold enough before they pull the plug.

• Brohoof 1

Well I think having some more "lore" would expand and seeing the back history of Tia and Luna would really just add history and mythology to the MLP world.   Also in a clue to what happened to the other "Alicorns"  given Luna and Tia are natural born Alicorns and seeing their parents would make for a good show!

• Brohoof 2

I maintain that the rest of the mane six will become Alicorns by the end of season 6. I personally find Alicorns very intriguing since there's very little information about them. However, I personally hope that there's no "hidden Alicorn society", it would downplay the Princesses importance to Equestria. So would the rest of the mane six becoming Alicorns, but not nearly as much. My headcanon about them is vast and intricate, however still flexible enough to assimilate new information or change with new information. If people want to read it, I'll gladly type it out.

• Brohoof 1

I want a male alicorn to be revealed. :)

Hah, the elusive male alicorn XD

I wonder if they'll ever have one, or try and keep Alicorns a girls only thing (Princess title and all that!)

Probably not at the end but sometime sooner because they need to pump out episodes displaying them enough that their alicorn form as toys are sold enough before they pull the plug.

I don't know that they'd need more than a two parter or movie to do that; the third season's finale had been written under the assumption that it would be the least due to how syndication normally works, so 1 episode if its a significant enough episode (like the very last one of a series) is usually enough to advertise a toy.

After all, the crystal forms from TCE and Rainbow power were one shot deals (with a small cameo in DPDOMS) but HUGE parts of the toyline after all.

• Brohoof 1

As OC:

Overpowered Mary Sues with horrible writing

As an official character:

Overpowered Mary Sues with good writing 

We haven't seen the Alicorns do anything super OP yet. They are frequently defeated by the villains and need the help of the non-Alicorn Mane 6 to save the day. That's not really a Mary Sue trait.

I really hope that the Mane 6 DON'T all become Alicorns. It works with Twilight to represent that she has become the most powerful magic-user in the world, but Applejack doesn't need wings and a horn to do her job better.

I would not mind seeing more Alicorns introduced, and possibly male Alicorns too.

EDIT: Something that bothers me is when people refer to Alicorns as "winged unicorns" or "horned pegasi" while ignoring that they also have the heart of an earth pony.

Edited by Manman20x6
  • Brohoof 1

Alicorns are just like other ponies, just have wings AND horn nothing special I think =)=)=)=)<3 Princesses looking pretty good though =)=)=)<3, but they all good ponies =)=)

I would like Rarity becoming an alicorn <3 she deserves it =)

our_fabulous_new_overlord_by_danielsplat

Edited by ooBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I found Alicorns to be pretty interesting. I would like to see more alicorns. ( im specially waiting, that at some point an Mlp Queen would show up, since Celestia and every Alicorn else seems to be princesses...i know hasbro didnt want to make a queen on the good side, because queens are often more seen as villains...but i would still want to to see one, if an actual queen of equestria exist. )  ( if it already happened and i just havent seen the episode yet, sry  :rarity: )

But i would dislike if every of the main 6 would be Alicorns, first off, it would just not fit with every character...i cant imagine applejack as a princess... or an Alicorn, thats just not like her. Also, if every one of them would become Alicorns, they would kinda all have the same powers and would lose their special characteristics. It just doesnt seem right  :confused:

• Brohoof 1

I'm guessing that there are only four Alicorns in the present day, but in the distant past there was an entire Alicorn society.

I feel like the Journal of the Two Sisters is sort-of, kind-of, almost canon, and that book references Alicorns as a species.  In it, the other pony types know about them and request their help.  At one point, while talking about the royal Canterlot voice, we see Luna say "The Alicorns thought it was important to our education." 

I know that anything is possible until something actually appears on the show, but for now I just assume that there used to be a bunch of Alicorns but for some reason they aren't around anymore.  It's probably a cool reason, too.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, alicorns … I do want to learn more about them. Powerful mythical creatures are kinda my thing. However, the way they’re treating their world as a fluid toy commercial with a side of excellent yet lore-unfriendly friendship lessons, I think I’d like to pass this opportunity for the time being. With all the episodes following a certain narrative about flanks or rainbows, there isn’t much room to include such an important origin story without risking it go full Fantastic Flop.

Headcanon: Alicorns remind me of Greek demigods who were also kings and great heroes blessed with incredible power. Who knows, perhaps some ponies have been naughty in the bygone past.

Anyway, they should start with something easier with more wiggle room like sea equines or flutter ponies to get in the groove. Then we can talk alicorns.

Alicorns are just like other ponies, just have wings AND horn nothing special I think =)=)=)=)<3 Princesses looking pretty good though =)=)=)<3, but they all good ponies =)=)

I would like Rarity becoming an alicorn <3 she deserves it =)

>implying She's not already ;p

542538__safe_pinkie+pie_rarity_applejack

I'm guessing that there are only four Alicorns in the present day, but in the distant past there was an entire Alicorn society.

I feel like the Journal of the Two Sisters is sort-of, kind-of, almost canon, and that book references Alicorns as a species.  In it, the other pony types know about them and request their help.  At one point, while talking about the royal Canterlot voice, we see Luna say "The Alicorns thought it was important to our education." 

I know that anything is possible until something actually appears on the show, but for now I just assume that there used to be a bunch of Alicorns but for some reason they aren't around anymore.  It's probably a cool reason, too.

I'm thinking the journal's building up to something big in the movie; I know that Lionsgate is the one they're going with now instead of sony pictures, but the Sony pictures hacked E-mails implied the villain they were thinking of was a male alicorn. Of course that might have all been scrapped in the interim time since those stolen e-mails were from a LONG time ago.

but I still think they might be doing something centered around alicorn history for the movie.

EDIT: Something that bothers me is when people refer to Alicorns as "winged unicorns" or "horned pegasi" while ignoring that they also have the heart of an earth pony.

Well, its just the esoteric nature of Earth pony attributes; while Unicorns and Pegasi are very clearly codified, they seem to have a hard time agreeing on WHAT it is that earth ponies have different, yeah?

Like in twilight's kingdom celestia talked about the earth ponies not being able to work the land without their strength, and the crystal heart book talked about earth pony hearts being special.

But they haven't really shown anything in the show special and concrete for those: Compare how Season 1 took a good amount of time to talk about Pegasi abilities like cloudwalking, or how they talked about unicorn magic.

I'd like a little more clarification about Earth ponies since they seem kind of scattered in what they mean in regards to earth pony magic.

We haven't seen the Alicorns do anything super OP yet. They are frequently defeated by the villains and need the help of the non-Alicorn Mane 6 to save the day. That's not really a Mary Sue trait.

While I don't think they're mary sues, I do think they have been shown to be extremely Uber powerful to a degree that normal ponies can't compare to: Specifically, look at Luna. her abilities over the dream world and magic related to it go far beyond that of normal ponies and only she could link up an entire town into a single dream. I don't think "mary sue", but that is very much a unique brand of power and abilities.

Additionally, the magic of 4 alicorns is shown to be far more powerful than all 3 of the other pony races AND discord combined in Twilight's kingdom.

• Brohoof 2

I'm alright with them, but lots of people seem to keep complaining that all of the mane 6 will become alicorns. Hasbro aren't that stupid. And even if they did all become alicorns in the last episode or something, well it's the last episode XD there wont be any more episodes after it.

I think they are great, but as with many things they are best in small numbers. I'm not a fan of the idea of the mane 5 joining Twilight as one, but I would love to learn more about Luna and Celestia. However, they've had chances to show more of their back story in the show but choice not to.