Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you hug Celestia with fear or without fear?

Bendy

Would you hug Celestia?  

75 users have voted

1. 1. Would you hug Celestia?

• Would not hug her.
    • Hug her. But would be scared.
    • Would hug her without fear.

Would you hug Celestia with fear or without fear? She requests a hug.... she likes being hugged by humans. (this version of her anyway)

Would be too fearful to give her a hug. Since she's one of the leading ponies of Equestria?  And the fandom make her often very overpowered... she could kill you in a blink of an eye if she wanted to if she was as powerful as in some fan fictions.

Or would you have no fear at all hugging her?

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 3

Without fear.  Because even though she's powerful I also know that I'm a good person at heart, so she would have no reason to threaten me.  And having Celestia killing indiscriminately is just a stupid way to write a fic imo. 

No one should have to fear that which should be protecting you.

• Brohoof 4

Without fear. If she were anything like her canon portrayal, then I would have nothing to fear no matter how powerful she is. Just because she could blast me, doesn't mean she would ever even considering do so.  

• Brohoof 2

I hug her without fear, because she is a nice ruler, who would get all the respect from me. I would feel honored hugging her. :)

• Brohoof 3

A little bit of fear- not because of her power, but more shyness and embarrassment.  

However - it's hard to be afraid of her after the scene in Sugarcube Corner when the Cakes kept refilling her tea and she pretended to take a sip.

• Brohoof 2

She's a royal there's rules and regs concerning common folk touching royatly, but since she makes the rules and is asking..... I may but I'd be nervous at first since she is the leader and if my hug offends her (chances vary on other factors) she might not be so kind afterward (verbal venom mainly) . I'm sure I'd warm up afterward if no negative reactions are received. Who wouldn't want to hug a horse, especially somepony like Tia. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Bendy,

Let me briefly transcribe my thought process.

*sees thread title*

Oh cool! More chances to declare my love for the character.  :fluttershy:

*sees who posted the thread*

Huh?  :confused:

*reads actual post*

Ugh. Must you see THE ENTIRE SHOW'S EXISTENCE through the lens of cynical misanthropic fanfics?!  >_>

*actual answer*

Hug without reservation, human or pony. What does Her power matter? Just because someone is powerful means they will hurt you? Does the ability to do violence mean the inclination to do so? A Shaolin Monk or Nun could kick your ass in 36 different ways, but you are not likely to meet a more peaceful person.

I would hug Celestia for the same reason I would hug Jesus. They are both figures of unconditional love as infinite as the power they wield. Embodied but divine in some way, I can think of few beings fictional or otherwise that I would more readily and unabashedly embrace than Princess Celestia. (Perhaps Optimus Prime, but I get the feeling I'd be more embarrassed to outright hug him.)

Again I must ask, why does might equal menace in your eyes? Can someone not be immensely powerful but still benevolent?

• Brohoof 6

I would never fear Celestia, when she requested a hug. No matter how many crimes i've comitted, no matter how many childrens lifes i have ruined, no matter how many people i killed: She would never hurt anyone. She's a kind and loving pony. And i don't even think, that it wouldn't hurt for her, when she has to kill someone. 

She's one of those personalities, where you say something like "She always was a sweet, kind and loving person, that would never want to hurt anyone.", after they die, except, that Celestia never will.

^Hard to bring my thoughts to words ._.