Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will the fan name for this BG pony be?

Firedog

Im pretty sure her official name is actually goth pony, But Ill assume were going for a fan name and not a name they made for reference material. I kind of like the name Heart Shadow. As for the happy pony maybe just smiles.

Actually Resonant Nights doesn't sound too bad...

"Resonant Nights" (going off her line of the Luna dress really speaking to her soul, and 'resonance' can also mean a quality that makes something personally meaningful or important to someone)

Edited by SpikusFyre

Noir Amorè is the name still at the top of my list, but I thought of some othet names.

"Resonant Nights" (going off her line of the Luna dress really speaking to her soul, and 'resonance' can also mean a quality that makes something personally meaningful or important to someone)

"Somber Chić" (because her tone, and interest in Rarity's fashion)

"Duskaila" ('dusk' and 'kaila', which is Hawaiian for 'style')

"Wedneigh Adams" (play on words of "Wednesday Addams")

"Blue Star" (coat color + interest in Luna dress)

I like the resonant nights, doesn't sound too crazy and pretty fitting. 

Nightshade, Raven, and Lavender all sound nice, but one thing that slightly irks me about the pony names is the lack of actual name names, know what I mean?  Like, I want more people-type names, instead of names that describe their look or what they do.  Although the Native American naming convention (I.e. Cloud Kicker, etc.) definitely has charm, I'd like to see a few more normal-type names as well.

Therefore, my proposed name for this charming mare is...

Ophelia Valentine.

Perhaps a little unconventional, as it isn't an obvious description of her goth style, but try it on for size.  You might like it.

• Brohoof 1

I really like Nightshade, and like you said, Blackheart is too evil sounding.

Yah,  Nightshade is a flower which a lot of ponies are named after.  So not so evilish!

• Brohoof 1

Everybody on derpibooru has been tagging her with Moonlight Raven since a couple hours after the episode aired, so there must have been a 4chan thread or something where they agreed on it. Sounds a bit too much like a cheesy OC name to me, but I think SpikusFyre is right that any goth sounding name is going to be like that :P

Well sense some ponies also seem to be hitting on Raven,   why not Nevermore?     She looks like a pony who could be a type of poem writer and stuff given her Gothic flare and also, "Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

• Brohoof 2

Well sense some ponies also seem to be hitting on Raven,   why not Nevermore?     She looks like a pony who could be a type of poem writer and stuff given her Gothic flare and also, "Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

if she was a poet, I could imagine "Nevermore" being her penname ( much like Vinyl Scratch's stage name for the public is DJ Pon3) since a lot of people are gunning for Raven, in spite of the fact this pony is blue, not purple, maybe "Violet Vibes" would be a good compromise name for those that want Rven

What about the other pony that came in at the very end?

We need a name for her.

What pony?

if she was a poet, I could imagine "Nevermore" being her penname ( much like Vinyl Scratch's stage name for the public is DJ Pon3) since a lot of people are gunning for Raven, in spite of the fact this pony is blue, not purple, maybe "Violet Vibes" would be a good compromise name for those that want Rven

Yah,  I mean Raven is used a LOT in ocs and stuff and we already have a Raven and such...  I still like Nevermore personally or Nightshade. Violet Vibes is a good runner also for a name.

I personally like Noir Amore -- it sound very unique -- but, unfortunately it looks like people aren't latching on to that. Actually, I think I like all of Nightmare Muffin's names, lol. :P They're all well thought out. ^-^

There should probably be a poll put up for this to see exactly where people stand on it. Time is ticking to come up with a name and spread it around before one sticks permanently.

The reason I like the name Nightshade for her is because it's a real thing that was supposedly used in hexing rituals and potion making and other dark magic stuff in stories, and since she's both gothic and a unicorn it just seems fitting. Though I do like the idea that Nightmare Muffin suggested about Nevermore being like a penname if she was say a poet or a writer or something which really for a goth is probably not much of a stretch for them to be a poet or a writer. Then again what do I know. I'm just a crazy person discussing possible fan names for a gothic pony.

EDIT: I should probably also mention that a nightshade is a purplish colored flower for those that are using color as a reason.

Edited by SpikusFyre
  • Brohoof 1