Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games What was your favorite song from EQG: Friendship Games?

SolyWack

Favorite Song From FG?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Song from FG?

• Friendship Games Theme
    • What More is Out There?
    • CHS Rally
    • Acadeca
    • Unleash the Magic
    • Right There in Front of Me.

How does a person pick just one? There's so much to love here...

They're all amazing, but I think I have to say Acadeca really pumps me up. Absolutely love the competitive energy. I'm also a huge fan of What More is Out There. Twilight has had many great solos in the past, but this one.... it beats everything she's sang before, and I'm not even kidding. I love that it has that "Let it Go" vibe, but it is much more my style. :twi:

Though Dance Magic isn't in the movie itself, it's so insanely catchy.... I thought Shake Your Tail was a perfect party song, but Dance Magic is something else. And finally, Right There in Front of Me is a really great credits song, but nothing nothing will ever top Shine Like Rainbows. The other songs range from really good to really good. xD

All in all, FG has a soundtrack that can rival even Rainbow Rocks'. I only prefer the latter because there's more songs, but the quality of FG's music is easily on par.

• Brohoof 2

I can't choose between "Acadeca" and "What More is Out There?" xD They both are awesome.

I've been listening to the soundtrack a ton since buying it and...goodness, it really IS hard to choose a favorite. The more I listen to these songs, the more I love them all. It's now on par with RR for me and that's a big deal.  :D

The two you mentioned battle for tops with Right There in Front of Me. And then I get around to Dance Magic and all bets are off.  :lol: 

h sends chills down my spine by the end of the song!

I know, right? I nearly cry when Spike calls out.  :(

Edited by BlackWater627
  • Brohoof 1

I'm surprised that Unleash the Magic was the favorite. It's my favorite too, but I didn't so many others would choose it as well. I saw it as that song that's just perfect when it's being played with the movie, but if it's played by itself then it doesn't make much sense and the lack of context kind of kills it.

I seem to like the 2 most uncommon ones referring to the poll so far. I like the theme and right in front of me SOOOOO much. So much melody in "right in front of me" as well. I can't seem to understand why so many people like "right in front of me", Principal Cinch's voice is just....yuck

Mine is Unleash the magic, but I liked the CHS rally song and Acadeca too.

Those last two you mentioned are high on my list. I grew into liking them more the more I listened to them. And I can't believe the baton girl with RD for the CHS rally gets so little love.  :lol:

I could jam out to almost any of the songs on the spot. All but Unleash the Magic. It's not a bad song, quite good when seen in the movie. But I didn't like it all that much compared to the others. Definitely my least favorite from the movie.

It initially was Friendship Games, but Right There In Front Of Me grew on me a great deal, so that's definitely my favorite. I like songs like that, which express the feelings of the main characters, much like Shine Like Rainbows did in RR.

I feel like it was "What more is out there?", but it's been a while since I listened to all of the songs. I remember "Unleash the Magic" being pretty good too.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...